NATION

PASSWORD

The Ultimate Football/Soccer Thread (2010/2011 Season)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Londim
Minister

Founded: May 23, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:46 am

Fson wrote:
Londim wrote:Today's Football News:

Wayne Rooney will not play against Bayern Munich tonight. John O'Shea is likely to make his return to the squad.
Arjen Robben returns to the Bayern Munich squad tonight to face United. Daniel Van Buyten is also set to return.

In tonight's other Champions League fixture, Lyon vs Bordeaux, Lyon will be without the services of Lisandro Lopez who is suspended. Sidney Govou is also suspended.

Bordeaux have lost their last 3 matches in all competitions. Goalkeeper Cedric Carrasso will be in the first team though he is not fully recovered from injury. Alou Diarra is avaliable for tonight's fixture.

Predictions:

Man Utd 1 Bayern Munich 1

Bordeaux 0 Lyon 2

I think Lyon could get beat, Bordeaux have had a set-back in the League Cup but they are still a formidable team.

Oh and the Blues seem set to win the League after beating Glentoran at Windsor park http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8607623.stm
And its Derby night :D

I don't know. I think Lyon have enough quality within their side to finish off Bordeaux. Never know though, upsets happen all the time.

Good for your side man. Unfortunately for my home side (the powerful Ebbsfleet United), we're set to be relegated from the Blue Square Premier. Hard to believe a couple of season's ago we played in and won a Wembley final.
Last edited by Londim on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
YES. I have returned.
Now a writer over at The Sixth Axis.

Fson
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fson » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 am

Londim wrote:
Fson wrote:
Londim wrote:Today's Football News:

Wayne Rooney will not play against Bayern Munich tonight. John O'Shea is likely to make his return to the squad.
Arjen Robben returns to the Bayern Munich squad tonight to face United. Daniel Van Buyten is also set to return.

In tonight's other Champions League fixture, Lyon vs Bordeaux, Lyon will be without the services of Lisandro Lopez who is suspended. Sidney Govou is also suspended.

Bordeaux have lost their last 3 matches in all competitions. Goalkeeper Cedric Carrasso will be in the first team though he is not fully recovered from injury. Alou Diarra is avaliable for tonight's fixture.

Predictions:

Man Utd 1 Bayern Munich 1

Bordeaux 0 Lyon 2

I think Lyon could get beat, Bordeaux have had a set-back in the League Cup but they are still a formidable team.

Oh and the Blues seem set to win the League after beating Glentoran at Windsor park http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8607623.stm
And its Derby night :D

I don't know. I think Lyon have enough quality within their side to finish off Bordeaux. Never know though, upsets happen all the time.

Good for your side man. Unfortunately for my home side (the powerful Ebbsfleet United), we're set to be relegated from the Blue Square Premier. Hard to believe a couple of season's ago we played in and won a Wembley final.

Oh I bucking hate the Blues :lol2: they win everything, I support Crusaders they are the ones with the Derby tonight, Thats sad to hear, I support Charlton in English football I hope we can make the play offs.
by Wilgrove » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

OMG, It's so obvious! Of course!! Science has lied to us!!!

It's time to abandon scientific progress and only look towards the Lord Jesus Christ (who is white of course) for guidance in all matters!

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:43 pm

HAlf time score: Man United 3-1 Bayern Munich. I only saw the lats 2 goals(damm school) but there showing the game again later. Ronneys pllaying, Gibson socred and nina scored. Olic scored for munich.
World Cup 51 Qualifying
world cup of hockey 10:group stage
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying
Fustal world cup II:group stage
Pool world cup 1:Broomstone:2end place, Willkins: 2end round, Harvord: 2end round
Baptism of fire 36: round of 16
World cup 49: Qualifing
Burchandiger invitational cup 1: round of 16
Fustal world cup 3: Group Stage
Ebyria Regional Cup: 1st
Di Barandi cup 13: group stage
Womens World Cup 12: group stage

all hail ceiling cat
the last enemy that shall be defeated is death
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig
Ultimate Man united fan.
F7 minister of elimination games

Hogusholand
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hogusholand » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:19 pm

UPDATE

MAN UTD 3-2 BAYERN

Goal from Robben after a corner from Ribery, reaches Robben who volleys the ball and drives it home low in the right corner
Last edited by Hogusholand on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Londim
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Results are in:

Man Utd 3 Bayern Munich 2 (4-4 aggregate). Bayern Munich win the tie on the away goal rule.

Bordeaux 1 Lyon 0 (2-3 aggregate) Lyon advance to the semi finals for the first time.

Barcelona 4 Arsenal 1(6-2 aggregate) Current champions Barcelona through to the semi finals.

CSKA Moscow 0 Inter Milan 1 (0-2 aggregate) Milan advance to the semi finals.

Fixtures for the semi final:

Barcelona vs Inter Milan
Bayern Munich vs Lyon

I am going for a Barcelona vs Bayern Munich final with the likely winners being Barcelona. However, both Inter Milan and Lyon will be stern opposition, hungry for some silverware.
YES. I have returned.

The House of Castile
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Castile » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Londim wrote:Results are in:

Man Utd 3 Bayern Munich 2 (4-4 aggregate). Bayern Munich win the tie on the away goal rule.

Bordeaux 1 Lyon 0 (2-3 aggregate) Lyon advance to the semi finals for the first time.

Barcelona 4 Arsenal 1(6-2 aggregate) Current champions Barcelona through to the semi finals.

Barcelona vs Inter Milan
Bayern Munich vs Lyon

I am going for a Barcelona vs Bayern Munich final with the likely winners being Barcelona. However, both Inter Milan and Lyon will be stern opposition, hungry for some silverware.

Bayern Munich all the way, if you read my sig I'm in hell right now.
Arsenal fan
Real Madrid fan
Juventus fan
Ardchoille wrote:It's one of my grievances, too. Thank you for the opportunity to air it. Yes, indeed,
TAGGING IS SPAM.

Sdaeriji wrote:
Emothica wrote:Why it isn't Italy up there? Sure, the U.S. isn't up there but that's because they don't play very well. But Italy is one of the best teams in the running and they won last year. The only way that the U.S. has a chance is if David Beckham dumps England and joins the American team.

There's like 8 things wrong with this post.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Barcelona vs Inter Milan
Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Just for the record the aggregate for the Barcelona-Arsenal game is 6-3 not 6-2.

Also FC Bayern, wir fahren nach ManU Shala lala lala lala lala lala lala
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Londim
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:06 am

Blouman Empire wrote:

Barcelona 4 Arsenal 1(6-3aggregate) Current champions Barcelona through to the semi finals.

Barcelona vs Inter Milan
Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Just for the record the aggregate for the Barcelona-Arsenal game is 6-3 not 6-2.

Also FC Bayern, wir fahren nach ManU Shala lala lala lala lala lala lala

Typo. My bad.

Tonight's Football is the Europa League. Fixtures are:

Liverpool vs Benfica (2-1 aggregate)
Wolfsburg vs Fulham (1-2 aggregate)
Standard vs Hamburg (1-2 aggregate)
Athletico Madrid vs Valencia (2-2 aggregate)

My predictions for the final 4:
Liverpool
Atletico Madrid
Wolfsburg
Standard
YES. I have returned.

Londim
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 pm

So currently the results are:

Liverpool 3 Benfica 1 (4-3 aggregate)
Wolfsburg 0 Fulham 1 (1-3 aggregate)
Standard Liege 1 Hamburg 2( 2-4 aggregate)
Atletico Madrid 0 Valencia 0 (2-2 aggregate)

So if the results stay the same Liverpool, Fulham, Hamburg and Madrid will advance to the semi finals of the Europa League.

In other news, Manchester United will be signing 21 year old Mexican striker, Hernandez. He has 4 caps for Mexico, scoring 4 goals.
YES. I have returned.

Zarbli
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:08 pm

News from the 3rd World:

After a flood that let much of Rio de Janeiro under water and killed more than 100, Flamengo, current Brazilian champions, and Univetrsidad de Chile just played in Maracanã for the Copa Libertadores.

Universidad scored first. In the second half, after the entering of Serbian midfielder Petkovic, Flamengo turn to 2-1. All was fine, until Universidad scores the second goal in extra-time.

With 1 game left to the end of second leg, Universidad de Chile leads the group with 8 points, followed by Flamengo with 7. This year, second place teams do not automatically qualifies to the round of 16, so Flamengo might be kinda screwed.
Last edited by Zarbli on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Nations of Zarbli
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

NSWiki entry (still unfinished) | Map | Coat of Arms
Long Live the Queen!

CHECK OUT MY WEBCOMIC: Português | English

The House of Castile
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Castile » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Zarbli wrote:News from the 3rd World:

After a flood that let much of Rio de Janeiro under water and killed more than 100, Flamengo, current Brazilian champions, and Univetrsidad de Chile just played in Maracanã for the Copa Libertadores.

Universidad scored first. In the second half, after the entering of Serbian midfielder Petkovic, Flamengo turn to 2-1. All was fine, until Universidad scores the second goal in extra-time.

With 1 game left to the end of second leg, Universidad de Chile leads the group with 8 points, followed by Flamengo with 7. This year, second place teams do not automatically qualifies to the round of 16, so Flamengo might be kinda screwed.

How's Adriano doing?
Arsenal fan
Real Madrid fan
Juventus fan
Ardchoille wrote:It's one of my grievances, too. Thank you for the opportunity to air it. Yes, indeed,
TAGGING IS SPAM.

Sdaeriji wrote:
Emothica wrote:Why it isn't Italy up there? Sure, the U.S. isn't up there but that's because they don't play very well. But Italy is one of the best teams in the running and they won last year. The only way that the U.S. has a chance is if David Beckham dumps England and joins the American team.

Zarbli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:41 pm

The House of Castile wrote:How's Adriano doing?

He's doing great (at least when you talk about the game per se), although he didn't play this afternoon because he was feeling some pain in the tigh or something. Flamengo has one of the best attacking duo in Brazil with him and Vagner Love this year.
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

Long Live the Queen!

The House of Castile
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Castile » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:40 pm

Zarbli wrote:
The House of Castile wrote:How's Adriano doing?

He's doing great (at least when you talk about the game per se), although he didn't play this afternoon because he was feeling some pain in the tigh or something. Flamengo has one of the best attacking duo in Brazil with him and Vagner Love this year.

Yeah, he'd still be in Europe if not for his personal life.

Oh and how are Robinho and Ronanldo?
Last edited by The House of Castile on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arsenal fan
Real Madrid fan
Juventus fan
TAGGING IS SPAM.

Sdaeriji wrote:

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Well, I would have bet my house that Man U made it to the final given the run-in - and, really, they're complete idiots not to be at least in the semi-finals.

All I care about is Barcelona parading themselves at the Bernebeu, I want the headlines 'Finally, decent football played at the Bernebeu as Barca win Champion's League'

just to see AS Marca choke on their cereal,
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The House of Castile
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Castile » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Barringtonia wrote:Well, I would have bet my house that Man U made it to the final given the run-in - and, really, they're complete idiots not to be at least in the semi-finals.

All I care about is Barcelona parading themselves at the Bernebeu, I want the headlines 'Finally, decent football played at the Bernebeu as Barca win Champion's League'

As a Madrid fan, I am disappointed that they didn't spend part of that 200 million+ on the defense.

I guess there are things money can't solve.
Last edited by The House of Castile on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal fan
Real Madrid fan
Juventus fan
TAGGING IS SPAM.

Sdaeriji wrote:

Londim
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 am

The House of Castile wrote:
Barringtonia wrote:Well, I would have bet my house that Man U made it to the final given the run-in - and, really, they're complete idiots not to be at least in the semi-finals.

As a Madrid fan, I am disappointed that they didn't spend part of that 200 million+ on the defense.

I guess there are things money can't solve.

The thing about Real Madrid is that they have the players, it's just the players care more about themselves than the team effort.
YES. I have returned.

Zarbli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:38 am

The House of Castile wrote:Oh and how are Robinho and Ronanldo?

Ronaldo had an awesome season last year, but he's not doing that well this year. Roberto Carlos, that just came to the same team (Corinthians) is playing way batter than Ronaldo.

Robinho is doing well, but he's not Santos' main player. The team is playing the best football (by Brazilian standards, that value attack more than anything), with an average 3,3 goals per game (which didn't happen since Pelé's time) and have as their main players the young and still internationally unknown forward Neymar and midfielder Peulo Henrique Ganso.

They already won a game 10-1 and another 9-1 this year :P
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

Long Live the Queen!

The House of Castile
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Castile » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Zarbli wrote:
The House of Castile wrote:Oh and how are Robinho and Ronanldo?

Ronaldo had an awesome season last year, but he's not doing that well this year. Roberto Carlos, that just came to the same team (Corinthians) is playing way batter than Ronaldo.

Robinho is doing well, but he's not Santos' main player. The team is playing the best football (by Brazilian standards, that value attack more than anything), with an average 3,3 goals per game (which didn't happen since Pelé's time) and have as their main players the young and still internationally unknown forward Neymar and midfielder Peulo Henrique Ganso.

They already won a game 10-1 and another 9-1 this year :P

Thanks, it sounds like I would love Brazilian football.
Arsenal fan
Real Madrid fan
Juventus fan
TAGGING IS SPAM.

Sdaeriji wrote:

Zarbli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:19 pm

The House of Castile wrote:Thanks, it sounds like I would love Brazilian football.

Hahaha, it may sound good, but it is actually vary bad... mst of our best players are playing in Europe, Middle East or Japan, so our matches are hardly any good... you don't see things like Barcelona vs Arsenal here too often :(

The difference is gargantual... the other day I watched like 10min of Manchester United vs some other club in the Premier League and I was amazed on how well the players pass the ball to each other, how the plays are well constructed... But yes, we have some glimpse of good football now and then. Santos is playing lovely this year, and their loss for Palmeiras one moth ago was one of the best matches I've seen in a while... but that's not rule :P
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

Long Live the Queen!

Londim
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Saturday's Football News:

Chelsea are through to the Final of the FA Cup after beating Aston VIlla 3-0. Drogba, Malouda and Lampard all got onto the scoresheet. They will face either Tottenham or Portsmouth who play their semi final tomorrow.
Speaking of Portsmouth, they have been relegated from the Premiership after today's other results.

Premier League Results:
Hull 1 Burnley 4
West Ham 1 Sunderland 0

West Brom were promoted from the Championship today, joining Newcastle back in the Premiership.
Stockport have been relegated from League One.

Celtic were beaten 2-0 by Ross County, who progress to the final of The Scottish Cup.
YES. I have returned.

The House of Castile
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Castile » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Londim wrote:Saturday's Football News:

Chelsea are through to the Final of the FA Cup after beating Aston VIlla 3-0. Drogba, Malouda and Lampard all got onto the scoresheet. They will face either Tottenham or Portsmouth who play their semi final tomorrow.
Speaking of Portsmouth, they have been relegated from the Premiership after today's other results.

Premier League Results:
Hull 1 Burnley 4
West Ham 1 Sunderland 0

West Brom were promoted from the Championship today, joining Newcastle back in the Premiership.
Stockport have been relegated from League One.

Celtic were beaten 2-0 by Ross County, who progress to the final of The Scottish Cup.

Newcastle's back!
Arsenal fan
Real Madrid fan
Juventus fan
TAGGING IS SPAM.

Sdaeriji wrote:

The House of Castile
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Castile » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Zarbli wrote:
The House of Castile wrote:Thanks, it sounds like I would love Brazilian football.

Hahaha, it may sound good, but it is actually vary bad... mst of our best players are playing in Europe, Middle East or Japan, so our matches are hardly any good... you don't see things like Barcelona vs Arsenal here too often :(

The difference is gargantual... the other day I watched like 10min of Manchester United vs some other club in the Premier League and I was amazed on how well the players pass the ball to each other, how the plays are well constructed... But yes, we have some glimpse of good football now and then. Santos is playing lovely this year, and their loss for Palmeiras one moth ago was one of the best matches I've seen in a while... but that's not rule :P

To be fare, you don't see matches like Aresenal vs. Barcelona everyday.
Arsenal fan
Real Madrid fan
Juventus fan
TAGGING IS SPAM.

Sdaeriji wrote:

Londim
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Londim » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Also how could I forget?!

It's Real Madrid vs Barcelona!

Current score is:

Real Madrid 0 Barcelona 2.
Messi and Pedro are the goalscorers with Messi netting his 40th goal of the season.
YES. I have returned.

The House of Castile
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The House of Castile » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Londim wrote:Also how could I forget?!

It's Real Madrid vs Barcelona!

Current score is:

Real Madrid 0 Barcelona 2.
Messi and Pedro are the goalscorers with Messi netting his 40th goal of the season.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

(Goes off to a corner and cries)
Last edited by The House of Castile on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal fan
Real Madrid fan
Juventus fan
TAGGING IS SPAM.

Sdaeriji wrote:

Chorridonia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chorridonia » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Barcelona is just too good. And it's not just Messi; Xavi and Iniesta are unviliebable, they play as if they were alone on the field, with no opponents to bother them.

I dislike both Real Madrid and Barça (OK, I dislike Real more, but that is because I live in Madrid and have to put up with their supporters more often), but I can't help drooling everytime I watch Barcelona play lately. What a team!
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General