NATION

PASSWORD

Judge Kavanaugh's confirmation Hearing Now with Poll

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support the confirmation of Justice Kavanaugh

Yes I support his confirmation allegations against him are likely false or insufficient evidence
45%
Yes I support his confirmation even though the allegations against him are likely true but they are just too old
0%
Yes I support his confirmation because of judicial philosophy regardless of the allegations being true or false
5%
No I am against his confirmation because the allegations are likely true
10%
No I am against his confirmation because of his judicial philosophy (pick this if both please)
39%

Total votes : 238

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Let's see the evidence for this accusation.

Let's see the evidence that Kavanaugh did sexually assault someone.

So predictable you could set your watch by it.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:47 am

Vassenor wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Let's see the evidence that Kavanaugh did sexually assault someone.

At least I'm not so gullible as to believe everything mainstream media says.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:49 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

So we have deflection and we have ad hominem. But no actual answer to the initial question.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Goldwater
Secretary

Founded: May 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Goldwater » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:52 am

Vassenor wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Why didn't the supposed victim go to the authorities? Why the hell did people wait to make these accusations on the eve of the vote?

There's a whole laundry list of reasons why many rape and sexual assault victims don't go to the authorities.

20% feared retaliation
13% believed the police would not do anything to help
13% believed it was a personal matter
8% reported to a different official
8% believed it was not important enough to report
7% did not want to get the perpetrator in trouble
2% believed the police could not do anything to help
30% gave another reason, or did not cite one reason

Also, in this case seeing as she was 15 and highly intoxicated based on the accounts I've read of the story, her parents probably would not have been happy about the back story to this incident. Nor is it true that admitting you're getting fall down drunk at 15 something that is likely to advance you socially or academically in the long run.

Even if she did talk about it to people, which I believe she says they didn't, at ten years out of high school for myself, there's no way I could recall specific details about any conversations I had with my class mates. I'm already more in the boat that Dr. Ford is in, it is difficult for me to place events or even people into years (let alone specifics).

The Black Forrest wrote:He did?
He did. He blew it out of the water. He immediately denied it, under oath, which opens him to perjury, and for so so many people to come forward personally that knew him and to vouch for his character at the time is very credible.

I think the obvious assessment at this point is that Dr. Ford clearly remembers and believes the events happened as she claims, and Kavanaugh clearly honestly believes they did not happen. Ans that's probably the extent of the hard facts we're going to get about an interaction between drunken teenagers decades ago. Both of them have made very credible accounts.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:52 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
I guess the pedo priests aren't.

And I guess every right winger is.

Said nobody ever.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:59 am

Vassenor wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

So we have deflection and we have ad hominem. But no actual answer to the initial question.

Lol you're one to talk about deflecting and I'm not trying to answer your question to Big Jim just asking you for evidence that Kavanaugh is guilty. And to no one's surprise you still haven't provided any. So where's your answer to my question?
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:59 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
And I guess every right winger is.

Said nobody ever.

O are you sure about that one, bud?

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:02 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Lol you're one to talk about deflecting and I'm not trying to answer your question to Big Jim just asking you for evidence that Kavanaugh is guilty. And to no one's surprise you still haven't provided any. So where's your answer to my question?

Big Jim likes tossing comments to try and annoy people.

Your comments are rather ignorant in the matters of sexual assault and trauma. Most women don't report it. Even less men report it.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:03 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Said nobody ever.

Ok. Show me somebody who said most right wingers are pedos.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:03 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

And I'm not the one making the accusation so it's not on me to provide evidence to the internet peanut gallery. Next dumb question.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:05 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Your comments are rather ignorant in the matters of sexual assault and trauma. Most women don't report it. Even less men report it.

Why is rape so underreported?

-Because, despite false reports being rare, victims are routinely accused of being liars.

-Because victims are blamed for the rapists' actions.

-Because police often dismiss or ridicule victims.

-Because even when rape is reported, it's rare for an arrest to be made, and rarer for that arrest to lead to a conviction.

-Because rape myths and lack of information lead victims to question and doubt themselves.

-Because institutions suppress reports to protect their own reputations.

-Because most rapes are committed by friends or family, and don't match the typical "stranger in the bushes" scenario.

-Because, when the victim is male, our messed-up ideas about masculinity and strength add another layer of guilt and shame.

-Because victims are attacked, threatened, and harassed for speaking out.

-Because rapists are often in a position of power or control over their victims.

-Because victims are often shunned or punished by family and friends.

-Because we worry more about the reputation of the rapist than the life of the victim.

-Because Trump can boast about assaulting women and still be elected President of the United States.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:05 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

The radical left. Although the right at one point was guilty of this too.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:06 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

The radical left.

Ok. Please do show a source.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

I think you ought to reread my comments, I didn't question the source on why women don't report it. I am asking for proof that Kavanaugh's guilty of it.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:17 am

Vassenor wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

-Because Trump can boast about assaulting women and still be elected President of the United States.

You really wanna do this again? Ok. Show me evidence of Trump admitted to sexually assaulting a minor. I bet you still won't find anything.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Kubrath
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kubrath » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:28 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

You really wanna do this again? Ok. Show me evidence of Trump admitted to sexually assaulting a minor. I bet you still won't find anything.

So it's not enough that he sexually assaulted grown women?
Kubrath Embassy Program
If your commanders are surprised every time they lose a squad, they probably die several minutes into a campaign due to being critically over-gasped.

North Valinka: What kind of an oxymoron is "Libertarian Police State"?
Petroviya: It arrests law makers.

Phocidaea wrote:Maybe democracy isn't the way?

Of course democracy is the way, dammit! There is no such thing as too much democracy!

Fuckin' dictatorships.

Sociobiology wrote:This is the problem with trying to understand the universe with a brain evolved to find ripe fruit and scream defiance at the ape in the next tree.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:29 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

I think you ought to reread my comments, I didn't question the source on why women don't report it. I am asking for proof that Kavanaugh's guilty of it.

That can be said of any sexual assault. Seriously what evidence would be accepted for this guy? Her claims are being dismissed politically and yet comments from others say a investigation is warranted. A sexual crimes investigator on tv explained why exact details are great but not practical nor expected in such matters. How many people who where assaulted when they were children can give exact proof?

I didn't expect it to happen but I would have been stunned if Kav had said investigate me; I have nothing to hide. They did that for Thomas but this guy is above it all it seems.

Gravlen
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:29 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

You seem to be saying that law enforcement should investigate the claims...
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:31 am

Kubrath wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

So it's not enough that he sexually assaulted grown women?

Where's the proof that he assaulted either?

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 am

Gravlen wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

You seem to be saying that law enforcement should investigate the claims...

I didnt mention law enforcement anywhere. I am asking for proof from anybody that he did it. When you accuse someone of doing something as serious as sexually assaulting someone you should prove it. That's how it works!
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:34 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

...Where from that line did you get "sexually assaulting a minor" anyway?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

That can be said of any sexual assault. Seriously what evidence would be accepted for this guy? Her claims are being dismissed politically and yet comments from others say a investigation is warranted. A sexual crimes investigator on tv explained why exact details are great but not practical nor expected in such matters. How many people who where assaulted when they were children can give exact proof?

I didn't expect it to happen but I would have been stunned if Kav had said investigate me; I have nothing to hide. They did that for Thomas but this guy is above it all it seems.

And that's unfortunate, but we can't just jail everyone that gets accused of it, otherwise we'd need to build more prisons. Thankfully in the case of Cosby (still trying to get over that) we were able to get evidence of him getting quaaludes in '05 and him admitting his intentions for those.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Gravlen
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:41 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gravlen wrote:You seem to be saying that law enforcement should investigate the claims...

I didnt mention law enforcement anywhere. I am asking for proof from anybody that he did it. When you accuse someone of doing something as serious as sexually assaulting someone you should prove it. That's how it works!

Oh? Because, usually, when people accuse others of doing something as serious as sexually assaulting someone law enforcement gets involved. The victim doesn't prove things; that job usually falls to the State.
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:41 am

Vassenor wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

I'll reiterate. Show me proof he admitted to sexually assaulting anyone.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Fartsniffage
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:46 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I'll reiterate. Show me proof he admitted to sexually assaulting anyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Tr ... ywood_tape

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General