NATION

PASSWORD

Judge Kavanaugh's confirmation Hearing Now with Poll

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Do you support the confirmation of Justice Kavanaugh

Yes I support his confirmation allegations against him are likely false or insufficient evidence
45%
Yes I support his confirmation even though the allegations against him are likely true but they are just too old
0%
Yes I support his confirmation because of judicial philosophy regardless of the allegations being true or false
5%
No I am against his confirmation because the allegations are likely true
10%
No I am against his confirmation because of his judicial philosophy (pick this if both please)
39%

Total votes : 238

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Judge Kavanaugh's confirmation Hearing Now with Poll

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:40 pm

I encourage all NSGers (Especially American ones) to listen o Judge Kavenaugh's confirmation hearing.

It is being broadcast live here https://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-1?adkey=bn

They are scheduled to go into the evening.

My opinion thus far it looks like he will be confirmed as he has handled himself well. It will also go tomorrow.

I have added a poll as per request. Sorry for the delay I reentered the dating environment and it appears to take more time and energy than I remember.
Last edited by Greed and Death on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:42 pm

Greed and Death wrote:I encourage all NSGers (Especially American ones) to listen o Judge Kavenaugh's confirmation hearing.

It is being broadcast live here https://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-1?adkey=bn

My opinion thus far it looks like he will be confirmed as he has handled himself well. It will also go tomorrow.

He'll be confirmed because there's a Republican majority in the Senate. Donald Trump could shoot someone in Times Square and Kavanaugh would still be confirmed.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:43 pm

in 25 minutes Senator Booker will be Questioning Judge Kavanaugh. This will likely be the strongest line of questioning in the hearing.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:I encourage all NSGers (Especially American ones) to listen o Judge Kavenaugh's confirmation hearing.

He'll be confirmed because there's a Republican majority in the Senate. Donald Trump could shoot someone in Times Square and Kavanaugh would still be confirmed.

But Kavanaugh can't shoot off his mouth in the hearing and be confirmed.
Barack Obama

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:46 pm

I believe he'll be confirmed. Even if there are, say, two dissenting Republicans (which I doubt will happen), we'll always have the Manchin and McCaskill types to vote him in.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:He'll be confirmed because there's a Republican majority in the Senate. Donald Trump could shoot someone in Times Square and Kavanaugh would still be confirmed.

But Kavanaugh can't shoot off his mouth in the hearing and be confirmed.

Sure he could but he's a nice man, a carpool dad, so he won't.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm surprised that Congress hasn't made these confirmation hearings closed to the public since several "civil rights/democracy loving" groups urged people to make asses of themselves and disrupt the meeting do they not know there making the republicans stay in power longer?
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:51 pm

And flees in abject feat from having to interact with the proles.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Ngelmish
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ngelmish » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Major-Tom wrote:I believe he'll be confirmed. Even if there are, say, two dissenting Republicans (which I doubt will happen), we'll always have the Manchin and McCaskill types to vote him in.

I'm not absolutely convinced that red-state Dems will vote to confirm this time around. I'm also not entirely convinced that it would be in their best political interests to do so.

I assume he'll be confirmed -- the man has literally sat through mock confirmation hearings to forestall the possibility of him saying something inopportune.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:But Kavanaugh can't shoot off his mouth in the hearing and be confirmed.

Sure he could but he's a nice man, a carpool dad, so he won't.

Last nominee to shoot off his mouth got a whole new verb named for him.
Barack Obama

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Sure he could but he's a nice man, a carpool dad, so he won't.

Last nominee to shoot off his mouth got a whole new verb named for him.

A borking, a borking, and then the oral sex!.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Senator Booker is really pushing Judge Kavanaugh.
Barack Obama

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:40 pm

>when you don't really care about this and just want the US legal system to have a total remake
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:47 pm

It looks like Kavanaugh, it looks like Senator Booker broke the rules when he crossed Kavanaugh over emails Kavanaugh is not allowed to look at.
Barack Obama

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:52 pm

Greed and Death wrote:It looks like Kavanaugh, it looks like Senator Booker broke the rules when he crossed Kavanaugh over emails Kavanaugh is not allowed to look at.

Well that's the left for ya they'll do things their way even if it means breaking the law that's why their trying so hard to get back power so they can implement their rule unopposed and outside the law.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:It looks like Kavanaugh, it looks like Senator Booker broke the rules when he crossed Kavanaugh over emails Kavanaugh is not allowed to look at.

Well that's the left for ya they'll do things their way even if it means breaking the law that's why their trying so hard to get back power so they can implement their rule unopposed and outside the law.

>implies right never does anything wrong
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:55 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:>when you don't really care about this and just want the US legal system to have a total remake

The US system is the system you get when other countries go for a remake. #SCOTUSbestcourt
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

I mean I could shoot someone in times square and not have it affect someone I know and/or like as well.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:57 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:>when you don't really care about this and just want the US legal system to have a total remake

Dude, only where from what we have is down. hell it almost didn't make it the first time.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Sovaal wrote:

Dude, only where from what we have is down. hell it almost didn't make it the first time.

If I recall correctly, he's an advocate for Sharia Law.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Dude, only where from what we have is down. hell it almost didn't make it the first time.

Well, he's wrong. Secular law is best law.

I rather enjoy getting to listen to the hearings live where possible. Its a shame that they have to be so very scripted.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:01 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:Well that's the left for ya they'll do things their way even if it means breaking the law that's why their trying so hard to get back power so they can implement their rule unopposed and outside the law.

>implies right never does anything wrong

Never said the right could never do wrong what I did imply was that ever since trump was elected the left has been more detrimental and destructive to American culture and democracy in everything from congress to Supreme Court Justice confirmations how many republicans urged their supporters to hound democrats no matter where they were, how many conservative groups go into Supreme Court confirmations and disrupt the proceedings. How many conservative people and groups go to people minding their own business and steal their personal property just because they don't like the president. How many conservatives say that if there voted into office the first thing they'll do is impeach a democratically elected president, instead of trying to make the lives of the citizens better.
Last edited by Gig em Aggies on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Greed and Death wrote:Last nominee to shoot off his mouth got a whole new verb named for him.

-and that's why a SCOTUS judge never answers any specific questions on what he believes or his policies on the Constitution. He doesn't want to get more Borked up than the Swedish Chef.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:06 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Dude, only where from what we have is down. hell it almost didn't make it the first time.

Wonderful.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:...How many conservatives say that if there voted into office the first thing they'll do is impeach a democratically elected president, instead of trying to make the lives of the citizens better.

I'll take things people have forgotten the Republicans did during Obama's tenure for 1000, Alex.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General