NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:21 pm

The Rosen to Miami trade has been made official.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:The Rosen to Miami trade has been made official.

More Squid Hat? More Squid Hat.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:37 pm

And we're in round 3. AKA, where I stop caring and watch something else.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:41 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:And we're in round 3. AKA, where I stop caring and watch something else.

I stopped last night pick 32. One night wasted is plenty enough. It gets to be like watching some fresh paint dry.

I can read about ALL these picks at once and find that far less boring. Stupid ESPN.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Eagles I hear took a Running Back. We needed one.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:02 pm

Greedy Williams to the Browns? Now two former LSU players are on the same team. This is going to be an interesting year for them, hopefully, Coach Kitchens can get everyone to play cohesively. If they can work together, that's going to be a strong team next year.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 pm

New medication means I can't drink. Damn you Steelers.
Anarchist

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 pm

Why did the giants not decide to draft a right tackle...
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:12 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:He's going to be a bust

Thank you for that wonderful analysis.
Ranoria wrote:Devin White is an absolute monster dude. Very aware on the field, and when you’re watching him he looks like he’s put in the film study, like he knows what’s going on. Very strong athlete, too.

Surprising pick for me was Rashan Gary for Green Bay, by I think he’ll be a beast. He didn’t have a lot of production, but teams wouldn’t run at him, and they’d scheme their entire pass blocking around him.

We’re talking about Devin Bush, but agreed that Devin White is a phenomenal talent.

I like the Gary pick too. He’s got a lot of potential if he develops some actual pass-rushing move.

Oops, sorry. I meant Bush actually, I’ve watched him a lot more than White lol

In other news, I’m pissed that TN and CLE both passed on DK Metcalf. Happy with the AJ Brown pick, but I also really thought Jaylon Ferguson would end up in Nashville. Instead, the Ravens got him. Not a great draft for Tennessee at first glance, but Brown should be an immediate contributor and we did need competition at OG.
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:47 am

Ranoria wrote:In other news, I’m pissed that TN and CLE both passed on DK Metcalf. Happy with the AJ Brown pick, but I also really thought Jaylon Ferguson would end up in Nashville. Instead, the Ravens got him. Not a great draft for Tennessee at first glance, but Brown should be an immediate contributor and we did need competition at OG.

I'm just thankful that the Titans addressed needs after going AWOL at #19. AJ Brown should really help our anemic offense.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:40 am

RiderSyl wrote:
Ranoria wrote:In other news, I’m pissed that TN and CLE both passed on DK Metcalf. Happy with the AJ Brown pick, but I also really thought Jaylon Ferguson would end up in Nashville. Instead, the Ravens got him. Not a great draft for Tennessee at first glance, but Brown should be an immediate contributor and we did need competition at OG.

I'm just thankful that the Titans addressed needs after going AWOL at #19. AJ Brown should really help our anemic offense.

Your offence managed to ruin my day.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:25 am

Zurkerx wrote:Eagles I hear took a Running Back. We needed one.

Eagles involved in another trade up, this time for the Ravens getting pick 93 and get WR Miles Boykin of ND. :)

I see where DE Brent Urban signed with the Titans yesterday. This is why the Titans passed on Ferguson, Ran. Though often injured in his 5 years with the Ravens i'll miss this big guy bc when he's well he's very very good at DE. Ravens select Ferguson!

Impaled Nazarene wrote:New medication means I can't drink. Damn you Steelers.

Chill, now. Nobody really knows for sure if their guys will bomb out.
Good luck with your meds. I take it you still won't be voting "dry" in the next election. :)
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:

Good luck with your meds. I take it you still won't be voting "dry" in the next election. :)

Oh god elections, they keep getting nearer. I need to hit the books because me thinks the local candidates are gonna to run without providing me much. Its sad when the quick clips and bios in the the draft provide more information than candidates.
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:31 pm

So you take James Conner in '17, you draft Jaylen Samuels in '18, and you're gonna go and pick another RB? The WR I can understand, but do we really need another RB?

Earth to Steelers: Your defense sucks a whole lot harder than your offense.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Idzequitch wrote:So you take James Conner in '17, you draft Jaylen Samuels in '18, and you're gonna go and pick another RB? The WR I can understand, but do we really need another RB?

More depth is a good thing, he could be great on special teams.

I just realized, my second biggest Steelers related wish (indirectly) came true!!!
ANTONIO BROWN IS NOT RETURNING KICKS FOR THE STEELERS ANYMORE!!!!!! That was my biggest pet peeve, why have your best player risk getting injured in the most dangerous part of the game?
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:51 pm

How do you pick three LB's in one draft? They do realize they can't just field eleven linebackers when they're on defense, right?
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:So you take James Conner in '17, you draft Jaylen Samuels in '18, and you're gonna go and pick another RB? The WR I can understand, but do we really need another RB?

More depth is a good thing, he could be great on special teams.

I just realized, my second biggest Steelers related wish (indirectly) came true!!!
ANTONIO BROWN IS NOT RETURNING KICKS FOR THE STEELERS ANYMORE!!!!!! That was my biggest pet peeve, why have your best player risk getting injured in the most dangerous part of the game?

That's funny bc my number one biggest related wish for the Steelers was Antonio Brown not even playing for the Steelers anymore. My second biggest was same thing for Le'Veon Bell.

The Universe has some really amazing wishes that can somehow actually come true.

Disney... eat your star wishing heart out. :lol:

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Speaking of a winner's wishes, Virginia born Penn State QB Trace McSorley is chosen by the Baltimore Ravens at #197.

Why not?

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:Eagles I hear took a Running Back. We needed one.

Eagles involved in another trade up, this time for the Ravens getting pick 93 and get WR Miles Boykin of ND. :)

I see where DE Brent Urban signed with the Titans yesterday. This is why the Titans passed on Ferguson, Ran. Though often injured in his 5 years with the Ravens i'll miss this big guy bc when he's well he's very very good at DE. Ravens select Ferguson!

I know the name and saw the signing. Either way, they need Edge help and bad. I like that D’Andre Walker guy they snagged, he was a solid player in the SEC, and he has a badass name, but I don’t think he has the same upside as Harold Landry. Also saw some Ravens DL they drafted pushed a 3 ton truck. I wasn’t impressed, because I push a 3 ton forklift we have at work around for fun, but then I saw how easy he was moving it and I can thoroughly say I was impressed.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:34 pm

If you include the trade for Frank Clark, I like the Chiefs draft.

However, I think we are gonna lose Tyreek....he dun goofed. Really bad.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Trollgaard wrote:If you include the trade for Frank Clark, I like the Chiefs draft.

He damn well better go to prison, and I hope they beat him senseless in there. The dude’s a scumbag.
Lumi is my NS mom

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:If you include the trade for Frank Clark, I like the Chiefs draft.

He damn well better go to prison, and I hope they beat him senseless in there. The dude’s a scumbag.

If everything is true then he probably does deserve prison time.

I just hope his son is safe and grows up happy and healthy.

Dude is one of the best offensive weapons in the game and he fucked it up. Blew his chance for millions, fame, and a rings. Now he is hated.

He should be banned from the league if all this is true. Other teams shouldn't be able to swoop in a year and profit off this.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Sebastian Janikowski is retiring, officially leaving Brady as the last active player from the draft class of 2000.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Idzequitch wrote:Sebastian Janikowski is retiring, officially leaving Brady as the last active player from the draft class of 2000.

Too bad his career ended in such a sad way.
Anarchist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General