NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Glayji
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glayji » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:58 am

still angry with the saints rams game I think it was rigged
my only puppet is NYSE and neither nation represents my political views

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:15 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Luminesa wrote:You almost gave me a heart-attack when you said “Foles to Jacksonville”. I was about to say, “Are you serious?”

I would have gone full on Philly riot if that was real.

I would have to question their sanity, though that would not be the first time I questioned an NFL organization’s sanity.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:42 am

Luminesa wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:I would have gone full on Philly riot if that was real.

I would have to question their sanity, though that would not be the first time I questioned an NFL organization’s sanity.

I hear a number of teams are trying to get him. The Eagles have two good qbs, keeping both will be difficult and potentially harmful to one of them.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 am

Luminesa wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:I would have gone full on Philly riot if that was real.

The Eagles do need to unload a QB, and I suspect it will be Foles, rather than Wentz.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I would have to question their sanity, though that would not be the first time I questioned an NFL organization’s sanity.

The Eagles do need to unload a QB, and I suspect it will be Foles, rather than Wentz.

But it should be Wentz. From a PR POV, in Philly you can't lose keeping St. Nick. Wentz would likely net a huge trade haul bc the college crop of QBs is nowhere as deep as last year's. Best to let Wentz find a field he can stay healthy upon.

Luminesa wrote:As for better players being better football players, we could talk about the Bengals all day as the ANTITHESIS of this statement. Example A. Joe Mixon as well. Pacman Jones. Ochocinco. MARVIN JONES.

This post is quite imperfect without mention of Burfict. :p
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:The Eagles do need to unload a QB, and I suspect it will be Foles, rather than Wentz.

But it should be Wentz. From a PR POV, in Philly you can't lose keeping St. Nick. Wentz would likely net a huge trade haul bc the college crop of QBs is nowhere as deep as last year's. Best to let Wentz find a field he can stay healthy upon.

Luminesa wrote:As for better players being better football players, we could talk about the Bengals all day as the ANTITHESIS of this statement. Example A. Joe Mixon as well. Pacman Jones. Ochocinco. MARVIN JONES.

This post is quite imperfect without mention of Burfict. :p

Burflict as well. Gosh, how did I forget him?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Refball seems to be hitting the AAF...
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Refball seems to be hitting the AAF...

It wouldn’t be football without conspiracy theories.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Refball seems to be hitting the AAF...

It's bound to happen sometimes, unfortunately. Refs are human after all. It's when it happens a lot *cough*NFL*cough* or very blatantly *cough*alsoNFL*cough* that it becomes a major problem.

Not trying to downplay anything, as I don't know what happened in the AAF. Just saying it's unavoidable for refs to decide games on occasion
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:48 pm

People are now starting to say that the NFL rigged Superbowl 40 for the Steelers because Jerome Bettis. Like chill out meatbag it's Jerome Bettis not fucking Elway. Even if it wasn't the worst officiated Superbowl ever the hawks still would have lost.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:People are now starting to say that the NFL rigged Superbowl 40 for the Steelers because Jerome Bettis. Like chill out meatbag it's Jerome Bettis not fucking Elway. Even if it wasn't the worst officiated Superbowl ever the hawks still would have lost.

Now starting? People have been calling that game fixed since the day after it happened...me included. Those refs were fucking dirty.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:08 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:People are now starting to say that the NFL rigged Superbowl 40 for the Steelers because Jerome Bettis. Like chill out meatbag it's Jerome Bettis not fucking Elway. Even if it wasn't the worst officiated Superbowl ever the hawks still would have lost.

Now starting? People have been calling that game fixed since the day after it happened...me included. Those refs were fucking dirty.

No Ameri, they're calling it fixed BECAUSE OF JEROME BETTIS RETIRING
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:33 pm

I went to a sports bar tonight. And there must not have been any good sports on, because several of the TV's were set to NFL Network's replay of the NFC Championship. And I have to say, that no-call gets more egregious every time I see it.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Idzequitch wrote:I went to a sports bar tonight. And there must not have been any good sports on, because several of the TV's were set to NFL Network's replay of the NFC Championship. And I have to say, that no-call gets more egregious every time I see it.

Well, there's no basketball til Thursday. Baseball hasn't begun yet. And football is over. Not surprising they were doing reruns.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I went to a sports bar tonight. And there must not have been any good sports on, because several of the TV's were set to NFL Network's replay of the NFC Championship. And I have to say, that no-call gets more egregious every time I see it.

Well, there's no basketball til Thursday. Baseball hasn't begun yet. And football is over. Not surprising they were doing reruns.

There will always be hockey. Though the NHL should consider rearranging it's schedule to overlap less with basketball.
Anarchist

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:47 am

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anto ... ow-on/amp/

...what?

Yeah, fine. Y’all win. I take back everything I’ve ever said about him not being toxic.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Ranoria wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-tells-interested-nfl-teams-to-call-him-only-wants-to-be-known-as-mr-big-chest-from-now-on/amp/

...what?

Yeah, fine. Y’all win. I take back everything I’ve ever said about him not being toxic.

Guaranteed moneys is for players who are guaranteed to play instead of throwing tantrums. And also not for people named Big Chest. What a weird person. Smh.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Ranoria wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-tells-interested-nfl-teams-to-call-him-only-wants-to-be-known-as-mr-big-chest-from-now-on/amp/

...what?

Guaranteed moneys is for players who are guaranteed to play instead of throwing tantrums. And also not for people named Big Chest. What a weird person. Smh.

Yeah, I was referencing the Big Chest thing. That’s whack.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Ugh. Will never get why the comment section is always clamoring for this guy. He's the most boring part of SB Nation.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:12 pm

Andy Isabella and DK Metcalf are gonna make some noise next season. Both are going to be roomies, but Isabella was running a 4.39 coming out of HS, and beat Denzel Ward in a state championship track meet. Metcalf is just an absolute freak.
Lumi is my NS mom

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:23 pm

...what?

Everyone wants to be the Kanye of their own profession.
Anarchist

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

...what?

Everyone wants to be the Kanye of their own profession.

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Everyone wants to be the Kanye of their own profession.

Well? Spit it out mortal mod! I haven't got an eternity.
Anarchist

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:27 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Image

Well? Spit it out mortal mod! I haven't got an eternity.

Be a Kanye? I ... well, I ... Uhm ...
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General