NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:And any sympathy I had for Kapernick is gone. The AAF talked to him about playing. He wanted 20 million just to consider playing. What an asshole.

Like...people have been trying to push for him to play, people talk about it all the time, he came close to a Super Bowl win but didn’t get it, and he’s not a Top 10 QB, why is he asking for that much money? Did I miss something? Is that not a lot for a QB to ask for of a new league?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:32 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Adam Silver might be the worst Commissioner in modern sports. You thought Stern was corrupt? At least he saved the league and people liked him. Now Adam Silver? The encyclopedia and dictionary entries for spineless, inept, unqualified, and useless have a picture of him.

He can’t be any worse than Goodell, who fits all of those criteria and more.

Because of him The Golden State Warriors exist.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Speaking of this a-hole, sounds like he won his collusion suit.

Not good enough I want heads to roll around the league.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He can’t be any worse than Goodell, who fits all of those criteria and more.

Because of him The Golden State Warriors exist.

Not to turn this into a discussion on basketball, but even if they didn’t exist, the Lakers would still be trash.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ranoria wrote:The movement itself has good intentions but is totally ignorant in its motives as far as I’m aware. From what I know, the essential thing was police brutality against black people, which I’m sure happens, but it was based on several cases that showed the officers(and George Zimmerman) were well justified in their actions, however tragic. Police brutality exists, but it is not systematic, and it will never be wholly eliminated, because some people are just assholes.

As for Kap, don’t forget he turned down a contract from the Niners as well.

My god how brainwashed are you? Cops are shooting unarmed black people on the daily and are getting away with it time and time again with no repercussions. Not even the US Military is that lenient with the murder of noncombatants.

If you’d like to continue this convo, I’d be do so over TG. Just shoot me one and I’ll be more than willing to talk, but this ain’t the right thread.

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:That was bad. He was also excited and hyped after winning a playoff game, but it was one incident, and not one that I think caused much of a rift. I don’t understand why he gets all the flak and Roethlisberger doesn’t.

That said, I’ve already addressed the touches thing. He is the best in the league. Michael Thomas is incredible, an absolute freak, but his production (granted, he’s young) doesn’t match Brown’s, and I have yet to see someone who can match up with AB when it comes to the eye test who’s name isn’t Julio Jones or Deandre Hopkins.

His production doesn’t match because the Saints have been giving the ball to Kamara, Ingram, and several other WRs in the last year or so Thomas has been in the NFL. Brown has practically OWNED the show for the last two years at least, while Bell has been a non-factor. He has no reason to complain when he’s their star, and Tomlin has given him plenty of room to do what he wants.

Incorrect on owning the show. Le’Veon Bell was producing more yards than any back besides Lesean before this season, and Juju led the team in receptions this year. Brown has never been the only show in town.

Speaking of Kap, didn’t he say he’d play for free at some point? Then he turns around and asks for 20 mil? Christ.
Last edited by Ranoria on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Speaking of this a-hole, sounds like he won his collusion suit.

...if he actually won, or got jack shit out of that, then the courts are absolutely blind. This isn’t ‘let’s all agree not to sign him,” or ‘I disagree with his political views.” This is a very simple matter, actually. He sucked. Kaepernick was a par backup QB on his best day. Probably right around the level of Blaine Gabbert. Good enough for a job? Yeah, but not by much. But signing him also alienated an obsene amour of fans, and that’s money. Why would they sign a guy who isn’t going to win a single game for you, is going to bring an absolute media circus, have thousands of people clamoring for him to replace your starting QB, AND is going to lose you money?

I’ll wait.

PS: Eric Reid was signed. And I know the Titans actively tried to sign him but he was unable to make it to the try outs, essentially. I don’t understand how he thinks he got blackballed.
Last edited by Ranoria on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Ranoria wrote:

...if he actually won, or got jack shit out of that, then the courts are absolutely blind. This isn’t ‘let’s all agree not to sign him,” or ‘I disagree with his political views.” This is a very simple matter, actually. He sucked. Kaepernick was a par backup QB on his best day. Probably right around the level of Blaine Gabbert. Good enough for a job? Yeah, but not by much. But signing him also alienated an obsene amour of fans, and that’s money. Why would they sign a guy who isn’t going to win a single game for you, is going to bring an absolute media circus, have thousands of people clamoring for him to replace your starting QB, AND is going to lose you money?

I’ll wait.

PS: Eric Reid was signed. And I know the Titans actively tried to sign him but he was unable to make it to the try outs, essentially. I don’t understand how he thinks he got blackballed.

It's basically the same thing that happened to Tim Tebow. Both were subpar for starting QB's despite finding some success, and both were followed by media circuses that were much larger than the players were worth. At least Tebow didn't have the terrible attitude Kaep did/does though.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Ranoria wrote:...if he actually won, or got jack shit out of that, then the courts are absolutely blind. This isn’t ‘let’s all agree not to sign him,” or ‘I disagree with his political views.” This is a very simple matter, actually. He sucked. Kaepernick was a par backup QB on his best day. Probably right around the level of Blaine Gabbert. Good enough for a job? Yeah, but not by much. But signing him also alienated an obsene amour of fans, and that’s money. Why would they sign a guy who isn’t going to win a single game for you, is going to bring an absolute media circus, have thousands of people clamoring for him to replace your starting QB, AND is going to lose you money?

I’ll wait.

It's basically the same thing that happened to Tim Tebow. Both were subpar for starting QB's despite finding some success, and both were followed by media circuses that were much larger than the players were worth. At least Tebow didn't have the terrible attitude Kaep did/does though.

There are not 32 backups better than Tim Tebow. And there is not one quarterback that is a better person. Also media circus isn't the reason because who the fuck is going to pass up an instant top 10 selling jersey? FFS i owned a broncos jersey for 2 years before burning it with my hatred for Elway
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:It's basically the same thing that happened to Tim Tebow. Both were subpar for starting QB's despite finding some success, and both were followed by media circuses that were much larger than the players were worth. At least Tebow didn't have the terrible attitude Kaep did/does though.

There are not 32 backups better than Tim Tebow. And there is not one quarterback that is a better person. Also media circus isn't the reason because who the fuck is going to pass up an instant top 10 selling jersey? FFS i owned a broncos jersey for 2 years before burning it with my hatred for Elway

I agree with you on most of your post, but if it wasn't the media circus that did him in, what do you think did?
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:My god how brainwashed are you? Cops are shooting unarmed black people on the daily and are getting away with it time and time again with no repercussions. Not even the US Military is that lenient with the murder of noncombatants.

If you’d like to continue this convo, I’d be do so over TG. Just shoot me one and I’ll be more than willing to talk, but this ain’t the right thread.

Luminesa wrote:His production doesn’t match because the Saints have been giving the ball to Kamara, Ingram, and several other WRs in the last year or so Thomas has been in the NFL. Brown has practically OWNED the show for the last two years at least, while Bell has been a non-factor. He has no reason to complain when he’s their star, and Tomlin has given him plenty of room to do what he wants.

Incorrect on owning the show. Le’Veon Bell was producing more yards than any back besides Lesean before this season, and Juju led the team in receptions this year. Brown has never been the only show in town.

Speaking of Kap, didn’t he say he’d play for free at some point? Then he turns around and asks for 20 mil? Christ.

Bell also held-out for more money than he was worth, and as great as he was as a back, as a player he needed to think more for his team as well. He didn’t, instead heading to strip-clubs, skipping practice (something Brown was also notorious for), and focusing more on his rap albums than on his actual career (which he was ACTUALLY good at). This is the tragedy that comes with getting a head too big for your shoulders: everything you’re truly good at you ignore, everything that makes you worse as a person you inflate, and you forget what actually made you special in the first place.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:There are not 32 backups better than Tim Tebow. And there is not one quarterback that is a better person. Also media circus isn't the reason because who the fuck is going to pass up an instant top 10 selling jersey? FFS i owned a broncos jersey for 2 years before burning it with my hatred for Elway

I agree with you on most of your post, but if it wasn't the media circus that did him in, what do you think did?

Well, Elway himself for starters.
-Alan Jackson

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:There are not 32 backups better than Tim Tebow. And there is not one quarterback that is a better person. Also media circus isn't the reason because who the fuck is going to pass up an instant top 10 selling jersey? FFS i owned a broncos jersey for 2 years before burning it with my hatred for Elway

Honestly I have no idea. From a profit perspective it makes no sense that a media circus was responsible. I guess the concussion he got Senior year that ruined his throwing ability + being an awkward leftie meant that no coach wanted him. Also the chanting of PLAY TEBOW from the crowds doesn't help.
I mean the media circus is the only explanation but it just doesn't feel right. Tebow = Money and fan participation. Tebow made the Broncos relevant and his attitude made the offense play better. But of course "The defense won those games Tebow sucks" crowd got their rocks off immediately after the loss to New England. Imagine if the Broncos don't land Manning after Tebow? The most irrelevant team in the NFL again. Also I will say the same thing again and again "You mean the same defense that made the Broncos staunch opponents and playoff contenders the prior 3 years with Kyle Orton under-center?"
Anarchist

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:04 am

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:If you’d like to continue this convo, I’d be do so over TG. Just shoot me one and I’ll be more than willing to talk, but this ain’t the right thread.

Bell also held-out for more money than he was worth, and as great as he was as a back, as a player he needed to think more for his team as well. He didn’t, instead heading to strip-clubs, skipping practice (something Brown was also notorious for), and focusing more on his rap albums than on his actual career (which he was ACTUALLY good at). This is the tragedy that comes with getting a head too big for your shoulders: everything you’re truly good at you ignore, everything that makes you worse as a person you inflate, and you forget what actually made you special in the first place.

...that’s also totally irrelevant to the Michael Thomas vs Antonio Brown discussion(What you previously said was that Thomas hasn’t gotten the ball as much as Brown because Brown was the only show in town in Pittsburgh, but with Bell and Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh has never not had another weapon alongside him.), and honestly what the players do in their personal lives has very little to do with their performance on the field, at least to the extent you’re referencing. Everyone has interests outside of football. Drew Brees has kids. Do you think Bell’s rap albums and Brown’s strip clubs(which millions of young men across the world go to) combined demand nearly as much attention as children? No, not even close. That’s the answer. Being a better person does not make you a better football player. (See: Michael Irvin, Antonio Brown, Terrell Owens, prime Ndamukong Suh, etc)

I’ll give you that the two have an ego. That doesn’t make them toxic, and I’ve made it clear that I don’t think Bell did anything wrong whatsoever. That said, Antonio Brown is a grade A asshole. I mean, that dude is a frikkin’ maggot. But he still produced at an all pro level this season, even if he wasn’t recognized for it.
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:39 am

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Bell also held-out for more money than he was worth, and as great as he was as a back, as a player he needed to think more for his team as well. He didn’t, instead heading to strip-clubs, skipping practice (something Brown was also notorious for), and focusing more on his rap albums than on his actual career (which he was ACTUALLY good at). This is the tragedy that comes with getting a head too big for your shoulders: everything you’re truly good at you ignore, everything that makes you worse as a person you inflate, and you forget what actually made you special in the first place.

...that’s also totally irrelevant to the Michael Thomas vs Antonio Brown discussion(What you previously said was that Thomas hasn’t gotten the ball as much as Brown because Brown was the only show in town in Pittsburgh, but with Bell and Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh has never not had another weapon alongside him.), and honestly what the players do in their personal lives has very little to do with their performance on the field, at least to the extent you’re referencing. Everyone has interests outside of football. Drew Brees has kids. Do you think Bell’s rap albums and Brown’s strip clubs(which millions of young men across the world go to) combined demand nearly as much attention as children? No, not even close. That’s the answer. Being a better person does not make you a better football player. (See: Michael Irvin, Antonio Brown, Terrell Owens, prime Ndamukong Suh, etc)

I’ll give you that the two have an ego. That doesn’t make them toxic, and I’ve made it clear that I don’t think Bell did anything wrong whatsoever. That said, Antonio Brown is a grade A asshole. I mean, that dude is a frikkin’ maggot. But he still produced at an all pro level this season, even if he wasn’t recognized for it.

Bell and Brown are literally the definition of toxic. Either one could single-handedly kill a locker room. I literally don't understand how anyone can think otherwise. They also got plenty of recognition for their football abilities in Pittsburgh. Both were held to be among, if not the best at their positions. Both were offered lots of money. Both threw childish tantrums and fell from grace in the Steelers organization. There's nothing untoxic about any of that.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:22 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:And any sympathy I had for Kapernick is gone. The AAF talked to him about playing. He wanted 20 million just to consider playing. What an asshole.

Wow, what a spoiled brat.

But the cost of living in San Francisco.... :lol:
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:24 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

Not good enough I want heads to roll around the league.

Use their heads in the play-offs next year instead of balls. Get hidden cameras installed to see how Brady tries to deflate them! :o
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:25 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Bell also held-out for more money than he was worth, and as great as he was as a back, as a player he needed to think more for his team as well. He didn’t, instead heading to strip-clubs, skipping practice (something Brown was also notorious for), and focusing more on his rap albums than on his actual career (which he was ACTUALLY good at). This is the tragedy that comes with getting a head too big for your shoulders: everything you’re truly good at you ignore, everything that makes you worse as a person you inflate, and you forget what actually made you special in the first place.

What do you mean he wasn’t recognized for it? THE MAN WAS ON THE COVER OF MADDEN 2018. HE WAS ON ESPN NONSTOP FOR YEARS. EVERY NFL ARTICLE YOU CAN THINK OF ABOUT WR’S MENTIONS HIS NAME. And he has ALWAYS been recognized for his achievements. With all due respect, fam, I think you’re missing the point I’m making. There’s nothing wrong with having interests outside of football, except when they become more prominent than your actual play. Do people remember the 1997 Falcons for how good they were? No, they remember that like five of the players got busted for soliciting prostitutes, when one of them got caught with an undercover cop acting as a prostitute.

Things like this end-up being important in the news because these people aren’t just cartoon characters. They’re not Beavis and Butthead. They’re real people. In a league which is struggling with a domestic violence issue, these people get up in the morning and make the decision to throw thousands of dollars at strippers. Or they blow thousands of dollars on alcohol. Or they get in fights at the club. Can they afford it? Sure, if I had their money I’d probably not be the wisest spender myself. But their teams also let them get away with it. Tomlin never said a word about the missed practices until his team went from a 97% chance at playoffs to having less of a chance than the BROWNS. All of this makes for a poisonous image. People of all ages watching the NFL see these players acting the way they do, prominent franchise players like Brown and Bell, and they are allowed to get away with it because...why? Because they make money for the team. They sell jerseys. They put butts in seats. And little boys (and girls) watch them thinking, “Hey, one day I could totally do that, while doing whatever I want off the field!” Wrong!

Toxic players need to be held accountable, and not just because, “WON’T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN,” though as a schoolteacher, children are always my first priority. They need to be held accountable, because they represent something that is not only toxic in the NFL, but in our culture. That one can be successful while degrading others, ignoring those who care about you, and destroying your own self-image. That one can demand to ignore the needs of others in a team to cater exclusively to you, and only, ONLY to you, when they have given you the moon and stars and every planet in the solar system.

Being a better person does make you a better football player, for the most part, because when you’re doing something you truly love, you’ll try to represent it as well as you can. Is this an absolute? No, far from it. But it is the most successful mentality. It’s why Brees is so beloved as both a player and a man. It’s why Brady doesn’t do too many press-conferences, why Tebow stayed in sports even after he was denied a chance to play for a team, why Ben Watson goes on Facebook spreading messages of love and peace to try and soothe angry people.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm

As for better players being better football players, we could talk about the Bengals all day as the ANTITHESIS of this statement. Example A. Joe Mixon as well. Pacman Jones. Ochocinco. MARVIN JONES.
-Alan Jackson

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:31 pm

All these trades are so weird. Foles to Jacksonville? Flacco to Denver? Hunt to Cleveland?
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Luminesa wrote:As for better players being better football players, we could talk about the Bengals all day as the ANTITHESIS of this statement. Example A. Joe Mixon as well. Pacman Jones. Ochocinco. MARVIN JONES.

That's on entire Bengals organisation than anything. Both Pittsburgh and Baltimore have had players with some issues, but neither franchises had an organisation that pretty much left such disgraceful behaviour for ease.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 pm

The South Falls wrote:All these trades are so weird. Foles to Jacksonville? Flacco to Denver? Hunt to Cleveland?

Wait, Foles to Jacksonville? I don't think that happened. And Hunt wasn't traded to Cleveland; they just picked him up.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Kohr wrote:
The South Falls wrote:All these trades are so weird. Foles to Jacksonville? Flacco to Denver? Hunt to Cleveland?

Wait, Foles to Jacksonville? I don't think that happened. And Hunt wasn't traded to Cleveland; they just picked him up.

Sorry, the first was rumors, and the second one was wrong.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:12 pm

You almost gave me a heart-attack when you said “Foles to Jacksonville”. I was about to say, “Are you serious?”
-Alan Jackson

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Luminesa wrote:

You almost gave me a heart-attack when you said “Foles to Jacksonville”. I was about to say, “Are you serious?”

I would have gone full on Philly riot if that was real.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General