NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Fox has Brown going to NOLA. If that happens, good lord just hand Brees the Lombardi now.
I vote marijuana suspension.

You know what? Let's flipping do it. I don't flipping care anymore. As long as someone nabs the Lombardi away from Belichick's cold stiff fingers next year, I don't flipping care who it is. Especially since it sure as flip isn't going to be Pittsburgh.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Fox has Brown going to NOLA. If that happens, good lord just hand Brees the Lombardi now.

You know what? Let's flipping do it. I don't flipping care anymore. As long as someone nabs the Lombardi away from Belichick's cold stiff fingers next year, I don't flipping care who it is. Especially since it sure as flip isn't going to be Pittsburgh.

I agree, NE shouldn't belong in the same ballpark of SB wins as Pittsburgh. Oh my God, is this the first step to becoming a yinzer? :unsure:

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:You know what? Let's flipping do it. I don't flipping care anymore. As long as someone nabs the Lombardi away from Belichick's cold stiff fingers next year, I don't flipping care who it is. Especially since it sure as flip isn't going to be Pittsburgh.

I agree, NE shouldn't belong in the same ballpark of SB wins as Pittsburgh. Oh my God, is this the first step to becoming a yinzer? :unsure:

Normally i would be clapping my hands in delightedly glee at your potential conversion. But at this juncture, I have to tell you: Don't do it man. It's not worth it. I'm stubbornly stuck here because bandwagons are dumb and fair-weather fans are no fans at all. But don't expose yourself to more mental anguish than you have to.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:52 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:I agree, NE shouldn't belong in the same ballpark of SB wins as Pittsburgh. Oh my God, is this the first step to becoming a yinzer? :unsure:

Normally i would be clapping my hands in delightedly glee at your potential conversion. But at this juncture, I have to tell you: Don't do it man. It's not worth it. I'm stubbornly stuck here because bandwagons are dumb and fair-weather fans are no fans at all. But don't expose yourself to more mental anguish than you have to.

Which is why I prefer having the AAF, even if it's not the challenger to the NFL, it has the potential to be better than the NFL.

(Besides the closest to being a Pittsburgh Yinzer is the fact the Penguins are awesome)

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:54 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Normally i would be clapping my hands in delightedly glee at your potential conversion. But at this juncture, I have to tell you: Don't do it man. It's not worth it. I'm stubbornly stuck here because bandwagons are dumb and fair-weather fans are no fans at all. But don't expose yourself to more mental anguish than you have to.

Which is why I prefer having the AAF, even if it's not the challenger to the NFL, it has the potential to be better than the NFL.

(Besides the closest to being a Pittsburgh Yinzer is the fact the Penguins are awesome)

Oof. Ravens fan and Penguins fan? We cannot be friends, my friend.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:02 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:Which is why I prefer having the AAF, even if it's not the challenger to the NFL, it has the potential to be better than the NFL.

Oof. Ravens fan and Penguins fan? We cannot be friends, my friend.

*ex Ravens fan, remember I have disavowed my involvement in the NFL. Maybe I will return to the Ravens nest and be ridiculed by my older, Eagles brother fan because PA is the best. Or maybe I will join another team in the AAF fails. But one thing is for certain, I will avoid the plagues that are NE, LA, The Raiders, possibly the Broncos depending on what the fuck they have to deal with, and that Flacco trade you know what I said about taking SB QBs after they were off for a season or so, (Look at Peyton Manning) the Cowgirls, the Buffalel Lambs, Cardinals, Seahawks, (Fun fact, I actually was a Seahawks fans when I was a stupid kid before 2011/2012, horrible time I know) And yeah.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Ranoria wrote:I don’t think he’s as toxic as everyone says he is tbh. He wants the ball because he’s the best player in almost every locker room he’d walk into bar Chicago, Houston, Rams, maybe New Orleans or Denver, and wherever Le’Veon ends up. (Mack, Watt, Donald, Brees, Miller) When you have that kind of ability, you want to be a focal point because you’re a huge part of the game. If anything, Ben is the toxic one in Pittsburgh. Guys, he goes on a public radio show to talk shit about his teammates. That’s why AB wants a trade. Because his QB and HC are both against him. Hell, I’d love to have the dude in tennessee.

They're against him for good reason tbh. Dude's got an attitude the size of the moon. Don't wanna play a must win game because your widdle feewingz got hurted? Then either grow the heck up or get the heck out.

And he got the heck out. It’s not easy having a coach that hates you man, especially when you don’t feel that it’s justified, trust me. It’s frustrating, and when you’re, agains the best player on that team and people are calling you out about wanting to be more involved? I’d be pissed too. Hell, I almost quit football because of a coach. And it’s not like this was a one time thing, either. No doubt this was a season-long thing, and maybe he brought some of it on himself, but Roethlisberger is the one at fault here. At some point, that must win game isn’t for your team, it’s for a team that you’re stuck on, one that wants to find someone to blame for a shit season, and for some reason they picked you.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:38 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Sounds like the Ravens may be trading Joe Flacco to Denver. The trade can't actually happen until the start of the new league year, which isn't for another month. The teams are also not allowed to discuss the terms of the trade until that time.

So now we wait, I guess.....

...Goddamn it, Elway...

*chuckles*
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:34 pm

The NFL wants a new commissioner so bad they tried stealing basketballs commissioner.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:The NFL wants a new commissioner so bad they tried stealing basketballs commissioner.

When you realize you’ve made epic mistakes, and you realize you have no way out.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:I would unironically love it if he went with the Pats and spread the toxic atmosphere over to NE and they just didn't make the playoffs because of AB. I know that's a pipe dream, but a man can dream.

I don’t think he’s as toxic as everyone says he is tbh. He wants the ball because he’s the best player in almost every locker room he’d walk into bar Chicago, Houston, Rams, maybe New Orleans or Denver, and wherever Le’Veon ends up. (Mack, Watt, Donald, Brees, Miller) When you have that kind of ability, you want to be a focal point because you’re a huge part of the game. If anything, Ben is the toxic one in Pittsburgh. Guys, he goes on a public radio show to talk shit about his teammates. That’s why AB wants a trade. Because his QB and HC are both against him. Hell, I’d love to have the dude in tennessee.

This is a guy who posts secret team-meetings on Facebook Live after his coach tells him NOT to do so. He gets angry when he doesn’t get touches, despite the fact that he regularly catches for more yards than most WRs in the NFL. He used to be funny, but now it seems he’s obnoxious. And no, Michael Thomas is better, fight me.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:49 pm

Idzequitch wrote:

NEW ORLEANS GONNA DO IT.
-Alan Jackson

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:You know what? Let's flipping do it. I don't flipping care anymore. As long as someone nabs the Lombardi away from Belichick's cold stiff fingers next year, I don't flipping care who it is. Especially since it sure as flip isn't going to be Pittsburgh.

NEW ORLEANS GONNA DO IT.

Super Bowl LIII 2.0 Saints v. Patriots (This time the refs do the rigging against NE)

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:The NFL wants a new commissioner so bad they tried stealing basketballs commissioner.

Adam Silver might be the worst Commissioner in modern sports. You thought Stern was corrupt? At least he saved the league and people liked him. Now Adam Silver? The encyclopedia and dictionary entries for spineless, inept, unqualified, and useless have a picture of him.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:I don’t think he’s as toxic as everyone says he is tbh. He wants the ball because he’s the best player in almost every locker room he’d walk into bar Chicago, Houston, Rams, maybe New Orleans or Denver, and wherever Le’Veon ends up. (Mack, Watt, Donald, Brees, Miller) When you have that kind of ability, you want to be a focal point because you’re a huge part of the game. If anything, Ben is the toxic one in Pittsburgh. Guys, he goes on a public radio show to talk shit about his teammates. That’s why AB wants a trade. Because his QB and HC are both against him. Hell, I’d love to have the dude in tennessee.

This is a guy who posts secret team-meetings on Facebook Live after his coach tells him NOT to do so. He gets angry when he doesn’t get touches, despite the fact that he regularly catches for more yards than most WRs in the NFL. He used to be funny, but now it seems he’s obnoxious. And no, Michael Thomas is better, fight me.

That was bad. He was also excited and hyped after winning a playoff game, but it was one incident, and not one that I think caused much of a rift. I don’t understand why he gets all the flak and Roethlisberger doesn’t.

That said, I’ve already addressed the touches thing. He is the best in the league. Michael Thomas is incredible, an absolute freak, but his production (granted, he’s young) doesn’t match Brown’s, and I have yet to see someone who can match up with AB when it comes to the eye test who’s name isn’t Julio Jones or Deandre Hopkins.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:This is a guy who posts secret team-meetings on Facebook Live after his coach tells him NOT to do so. He gets angry when he doesn’t get touches, despite the fact that he regularly catches for more yards than most WRs in the NFL. He used to be funny, but now it seems he’s obnoxious. And no, Michael Thomas is better, fight me.

That was bad. He was also excited and hyped after winning a playoff game, but it was one incident, and not one that I think caused much of a rift. I don’t understand why he gets all the flak and Roethlisberger doesn’t.

That said, I’ve already addressed the touches thing. He is the best in the league. Michael Thomas is incredible, an absolute freak, but his production (granted, he’s young) doesn’t match Brown’s, and I have yet to see someone who can match up with AB when it comes to the eye test who’s name isn’t Julio Jones or Deandre Hopkins.

Please refer to Days of Our Steelers.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:06 am

And any sympathy I had for Kapernick is gone. The AAF talked to him about playing. He wanted 20 million just to consider playing. What an asshole.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:17 am

Ameriganastan wrote:And any sympathy I had for Kapernick is gone. The AAF talked to him about playing. He wanted 20 million just to consider playing. What an asshole.

Wow, what a spoiled brat.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:25 am

Ameriganastan wrote:And any sympathy I had for Kapernick is gone. The AAF talked to him about playing. He wanted 20 million just to consider playing. What an asshole.

That's one of those weird things for me, where I didn't mind the kneeling. I didn't support it, per se, but I fully supported him being allowed to do it. But the fact is, beyond the drama of the whole anthem fiasco, the guy is just a genuinely unpleasant person who was and would still be a cancer in the locker room, in addition to the controversy surrounding him. You'd have to be crazy to want to add that flaming mess to your team, even in the AAF.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:33 am

Idzequitch wrote:

That's one of those weird things for me, where I didn't mind the kneeling. I didn't support it, per se, but I fully supported him being allowed to do it. But the fact is, beyond the drama of the whole anthem fiasco, the guy is just a genuinely unpleasant person who was and would still be a cancer in the locker room, in addition to the controversy surrounding him. You'd have to be crazy to want to add that flaming mess to your team, even in the AAF.

Gee, it's not like I already despised him years before the kneeling incident and totally didn't call the eventual drama of Kaepernick because of the fact he was the QB for the 49ers for a small number of reasons. ;)

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:49 am

An asshole behind a good movement doesn't make the movement any less good.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 am

RiderSyl wrote:

An asshole behind a good movement doesn't make the movement any less good.

The movement itself has good intentions but is totally ignorant in its motives as far as I’m aware. From what I know, the essential thing was police brutality against black people, which I’m sure happens, but it was based on several cases that showed the officers(and George Zimmerman) were well justified in their actions, however tragic. Police brutality exists, but it is not systematic, and it will never be wholly eliminated, because some people are just assholes.

As for Kap, don’t forget he turned down a contract from the Niners as well.
Lumi is my NS mom

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Ranoria wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:An asshole behind a good movement doesn't make the movement any less good.

The movement itself has good intentions but is totally ignorant in its motives as far as I’m aware. From what I know, the essential thing was police brutality against black people, which I’m sure happens, but it was based on several cases that showed the officers(and George Zimmerman) were well justified in their actions, however tragic. Police brutality exists, but it is not systematic, and it will never be wholly eliminated, because some people are just assholes.

As for Kap, don’t forget he turned down a contract from the Niners as well.

My god how brainwashed are you? Cops are shooting unarmed black people on the daily and are getting away with it time and time again with no repercussions. Not even the US Military is that lenient with the murder of noncombatants.
Anarchist

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:This is a guy who posts secret team-meetings on Facebook Live after his coach tells him NOT to do so. He gets angry when he doesn’t get touches, despite the fact that he regularly catches for more yards than most WRs in the NFL. He used to be funny, but now it seems he’s obnoxious. And no, Michael Thomas is better, fight me.

His production doesn’t match because the Saints have been giving the ball to Kamara, Ingram, and several other WRs in the last year or so Thomas has been in the NFL. Brown has practically OWNED the show for the last two years at least, while Bell has been a non-factor. He has no reason to complain when he’s their star, and Tomlin has given him plenty of room to do what he wants.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

Adam Silver might be the worst Commissioner in modern sports. You thought Stern was corrupt? At least he saved the league and people liked him. Now Adam Silver? The encyclopedia and dictionary entries for spineless, inept, unqualified, and useless have a picture of him.

He can’t be any worse than Goodell, who fits all of those criteria and more.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General