NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:06 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:Dude, its the NFL... The Pats played a fair game, I wanted KC to win but calm down

College Football is better anyways

Pats played anything but fair. Over half the calls on the Chiefs where completely bullshit.

Ya know I hope that the new pro-football leagues do well. The NFL needs a reality check.

The refball this season is probably going to be mentioned by someone, I think the current problem is the power of the NFL is in the hands of too few people who have been in power for far too long. Meanwhile incompetent buffoons (Goodell) sit on their hands and claim the pins and needles in their hands are progress.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:10 am

Luminesa wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Pats played anything but fair. Over half the calls on the Chiefs where completely bullshit.

Ya know I hope that the new pro-football leagues do well. The NFL needs a reality check.

The refball this season is probably going to be mentioned by someone, I think the current problem is the power of the NFL is in the hands of too few people who have been in power for far too long. Meanwhile incompetent buffoons (Goodell) sit on their hands and claim the pins and needles in their hands are progress.

Top 10 burns against Goodell
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:10 am

Luminesa wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I wanted to shoot him. He couldn’t stop sucking Brady’s cock.

He really, really does not stop talking about Brady. Neither does Joe Buck or Troy Aikman. Once again, I think the network pays them to say certain things. And I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it IS TV.

All I ever hear from these announcers is that Brady is the greatest, and I just wish they'd shut up about him for once, because let's be honest, he is not that great.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:12 am

Luminesa wrote:

He really, really does not stop talking about Brady. Neither does Joe Buck or Troy Aikman. Once again, I think the network pays them to say certain things. And I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it IS TV.

I mean, because people like Brady, they just want to glorify him. Not that he isn't a great player, but you'd think that they have something else to talk about.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:12 am

It's like how the networks treated Joe Namath after SB III.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:39 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:The worst part is I wish I could say, “Oh yeah they can do it,” but they only won because they got help from the refs, even if they are a fantastic football team. And I hate to say that about the Rams. But we’ll see if Goff can go to the next level and do the impossible.

On offense Goff has a lot of weapons, but they Ram D will need to get 3 and outs early and often on Brady. It will be up to the Rams D-line, guys like Suh and Donald need to bulldoze old Tommy boy. The LBs and secondary need to shutdown that dump off shit. Look at the film from that last AFC championship game in Denver for the defensive plan, McVey. Knock Brady on his ass repeatedly. The Rams defense isn't a marshmallow like the Chiefs D.

That’s basically my blue print to beat Brady as well. I’m fairly certain that was the worst beating he’s ever taken. Dude was bleeding by he end. Im not sure they’ve got a guy besides Donald who can consistently generate pressure. Suh has done nothing this season, or the last few, for that matter. I don’t think Fowler has been very good since the trade (or before), but honestly I just don’t want the Pats to win because fuck ‘em. I don’t hate the Rams, and they deserve this after so many years of being awful.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 am

The South Falls wrote:It's like how the networks treated Joe Namath after SB III.

Oh hey sorry to be correcting people like this but you accidentally typed the past tense of the word "treat" instead of the present tense. It happens don't fret about it.

-stereotypical middle school english teacher

((Don't any of you dare correct my mistakes. It's a one off gag and it wouldn't match the context.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He really, really does not stop talking about Brady. Neither does Joe Buck or Troy Aikman. Once again, I think the network pays them to say certain things. And I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it IS TV.

All I ever hear from these announcers is that Brady is the greatest, and I just wish they'd shut up about him for once, because let's be honest, he is not that great.

He is pretty awesome, but the thing is the league has a lot of other exciting players as well. Of course people like Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, and Jared Goff, but also non-QBs who are making waves in their positions. The Khalil Mack’s and the Aaron Donald’s. The Saquon Barkley’s and the Alvin Kamara’s. But marketing probably plays a role in why Brady gets so much attention, aside from his many SB rings.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:28 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:The worst part is I wish I could say, “Oh yeah they can do it,” but they only won because they got help from the refs, even if they are a fantastic football team. And I hate to say that about the Rams. But we’ll see if Goff can go to the next level and do the impossible.

On offense Goff has a lot of weapons, but they Ram D will need to get 3 and outs early and often on Brady. It will be up to the Rams D-line, guys like Suh and Donald need to bulldoze old Tommy boy. The LBs and secondary need to shutdown that dump off shit. Look at the film from that last AFC championship game in Denver for the defensive plan, McVey. Knock Brady on his ass repeatedly. The Rams defense isn't a marshmallow like the Chiefs D.

If Andy Reid would organize his safeties and corners more, and not rely on the beautiful existence of Eric Berry for everything, they would have been a lot better coming into this game. As for the Rams, I do have faith in Donald, but the safeties and corners for them also have to step up...and not get stupid PI calls. Because between the Pats and the Rams...the league already probably has a favorite to win, and it’s not the Rams. They’re gonna get the treatment the refs gave the Saints, which means they need to keep the game from being close at all.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:51 am

Luminesa wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:All I ever hear from these announcers is that Brady is the greatest, and I just wish they'd shut up about him for once, because let's be honest, he is not that great.

He is pretty awesome, but the thing is the league has a lot of other exciting players as well. Of course people like Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, and Jared Goff, but also non-QBs who are making waves in their positions. The Khalil Mack’s and the Aaron Donald’s. The Saquon Barkley’s and the Alvin Kamara’s. But marketing probably plays a role in why Brady gets so much attention, aside from his many SB rings.

Brady is their golden child. They’ll make a story out of anything they can with Brady. Anything. All offseason, at least a quarter of the articles on NFL.com are about Tom fucking Brady. I don’t think he’s the best ever, but it doesn’t matter, because he’s universally acknowledged as such by now.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 am

The only chanced the Rams D has is to send three players to cover Gronk, and the other eight to blitz Brady on, like, every play.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:43 am

Maineiacs wrote:The only chanced the Rams D has is to send three players to cover Gronk, and the other eight to blitz Brady on, like, every play.

Brady isn't intimidated enough by pressure to warrant blitzing that hard. Realistically the only way to do that is to have an unstoppable front 4 (or 5 if you bring in a linebacker) break through the middle or outrun the tackles and nail the QB before he has a chance to throw.
Anarchist

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:45 am

I'm going to go against conventional wisdom here and pick the Rams.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:The only chanced the Rams D has is to send three players to cover Gronk, and the other eight to blitz Brady on, like, every play.

Brady isn't intimidated enough by pressure to warrant blitzing that hard. Realistically the only way to do that is to have an unstoppable front 4 (or 5 if you bring in a linebacker) break through the middle or outrun the tackles and nail the QB before he has a chance to throw.

Which is impossible against Brady because of course it is.

United Allied Earth Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2014

Postby United Allied Earth Federation » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:08 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He is pretty awesome, but the thing is the league has a lot of other exciting players as well. Of course people like Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, and Jared Goff, but also non-QBs who are making waves in their positions. The Khalil Mack’s and the Aaron Donald’s. The Saquon Barkley’s and the Alvin Kamara’s. But marketing probably plays a role in why Brady gets so much attention, aside from his many SB rings.

Brady is their golden child. They’ll make a story out of anything they can with Brady. Anything. All offseason, at least a quarter of the articles on NFL.com are about Tom fucking Brady. I don’t think he’s the best ever, but it doesn’t matter, because he’s universally acknowledged as such by now.

What does this man have to do earn anyone's respect here. The man has literally done the impossible countless times, and yet people STILL count Tom Brady out. I find it sad that so many people could possibly find themselves blaming the refs for a game that was clearly officiated in favor of BOTH sides evenly.
"Focused On Only The Best"
United Allied Earth Federation, Supreme President John Parkerson, City Of Terranova, The Chateau Of Liberty.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Member of the Universal Technology Alliance!
Proud Member of the Pacific Cooperation Pact
Proud Member of the Coalition of Religious Nations.
⚛ Proud member of the Coalition for Nuclear Prosperity! ⚛
The South Pacific
Member Of The United Christian Alliance
Proud Founder Of The International United Defense Coalition
Proud Member Of IU/ICoN
Member Of The IFC
English:
---
https://www.change.org /p/全日本空手道連盟-空手道の2020年東京オリンピック正式種目採用を希望し
ます -karate-into- the-olympics-2020?lang=en-US

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:20 pm

Still pretty fucking despondent about the Chiefs. They haven't been to a Superbowl in decades, if I recall, and played a largely phenomenal game last night. Huge disappointment.

United Allied Earth Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2014

Postby United Allied Earth Federation » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Why does it always have to be about fairness. When in sports are you supposed to let someone else win because you feel bad. In the end, the Chiefs def did NOT do enough to stop Brady in OT. It's as simple as that. They played pretty good, but not good enough evidently.
"Focused On Only The Best"
United Allied Earth Federation, Supreme President John Parkerson, City Of Terranova, The Chateau Of Liberty.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Member of the Universal Technology Alliance!
Proud Member of the Pacific Cooperation Pact
Proud Member of the Coalition of Religious Nations.
⚛ Proud member of the Coalition for Nuclear Prosperity! ⚛
The South Pacific
Member Of The United Christian Alliance
Proud Founder Of The International United Defense Coalition
Proud Member Of IU/ICoN
Member Of The IFC
English:
---
https://www.change.org /p/全日本空手道連盟-空手道の2020年東京オリンピック正式種目採用を希望し
ます -karate-into- the-olympics-2020?lang=en-US

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:25 pm

Major-Tom wrote:Still pretty fucking despondent about the Chiefs. They haven't been to a Superbowl in decades, if I recall, and played a largely phenomenal game last night. Huge disappointment.

49 years
Anarchist

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:27 pm

United Allied Earth Federation wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Brady is their golden child. They’ll make a story out of anything they can with Brady. Anything. All offseason, at least a quarter of the articles on NFL.com are about Tom fucking Brady. I don’t think he’s the best ever, but it doesn’t matter, because he’s universally acknowledged as such by now.

What does this man have to do earn anyone's respect here. The man has literally done the impossible countless times, and yet people STILL count Tom Brady out. I find it sad that so many people could possibly find themselves blaming the refs for a game that was clearly officiated in favor of BOTH sides evenly.

I never counted Tom Brady out, and I actually mentioned earlier that the game was officiated fairly. Brady is amazing. All I was pointing out was that the NFL uses him as their star and makes a storyline about everything he does. Don’t make him an underdog, he isn’t and never will be.
Lumi is my NS mom

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Though I will say that if that idiot on the Chiefs wasn’t just over the line it would have been game after that interception

Speaking of which Romo ruined it saying this could be game and that the refball was against the Pats.

Romo has a chronic case of hoof in mouth disease. Once upon a time CBS was known as the Hee Haw network bc of the shows they had, like Hee Haw and the Beverly Hillbillies. They're right back to being the Hee Haw Network with Romo doing color. And he's no Don Meredith, that's for sure. If he was, that would be great. There are some smart country sounding NFL folks out there if you actually try to find one.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Luminesa wrote:

The Lincoln assassination was a conspiracy. Don't buy into this nonsense that conspiracies don't occur. That's more TV brainwashing that started right after the JFK assassination, mainly by fucking CBS. Who'd have guessed? :eyebrow:

The South Falls wrote:It's like how the networks treated Joe Namath after SB III.

You got that exactly right. And Broadway Joe never saw another SB. Though he did get a lot of pussy... but not Suzi Kolber! :lol:
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:00 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wafb.com ... putType=am

I’m probably getting my hopes up, but if he reverses this game I will send him a Saints keychain. Or something.
-Alan Jackson

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:On offense Goff has a lot of weapons, but they Ram D will need to get 3 and outs early and often on Brady. It will be up to the Rams D-line, guys like Suh and Donald need to bulldoze old Tommy boy. The LBs and secondary need to shutdown that dump off shit. Look at the film from that last AFC championship game in Denver for the defensive plan, McVey. Knock Brady on his ass repeatedly. The Rams defense isn't a marshmallow like the Chiefs D.

That’s basically my blue print to beat Brady as well. I’m fairly certain that was the worst beating he’s ever taken. Dude was bleeding by he end. Im not sure they’ve got a guy besides Donald who can consistently generate pressure. Suh has done nothing this season, or the last few, for that matter. I don’t think Fowler has been very good since the trade (or before), but honestly I just don’t want the Pats to win because fuck ‘em. I don’t hate the Rams, and they deserve this after so many years of being awful.

I could also go back to the 2012 AFC Championship, Ravens walloped him 34-14 at home. Basically the same scheme. That's where Denver looked for an answer. Kubiak was in Baltimore prior to heading off to Broncoland.

Luminesa wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.wafb.com/2019/01/21/report-nfl-rule-allows-commissioner-roger-goodell-reverse-outcome-saints-rams-game/%3foutputType=am

I’m probably getting my hopes up, but if he reverses this game I will send him a Saints keychain. Or something.

If that happens I'll start believing in the tooth fairy again.

*puts Ravens key chain under pillow with polite note about 2014 divisional game vs. Pats*
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:09 pm

United Allied Earth Federation wrote:Why does it always have to be about fairness. When in sports are you supposed to let someone else win because you feel bad. In the end, the Chiefs def did NOT do enough to stop Brady in OT. It's as simple as that. They played pretty good, but not good enough evidently.

Simpletons must think they invented refs and umpires bc they look good on the field.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.wafb.com/2019/01/21/report-nfl-rule-allows-commissioner-roger-goodell-reverse-outcome-saints-rams-game/%3foutputType=am

I highly doubt it, sorry to break your heart Lum (although I did support your Saints over the Rams despite my Eagles losing to them :hug:).
Last edited by Zurkerx on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General