NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Hol up I saw face mask penalty when he had the ball, so the Texans get a penalty for horsecollar tackling yet not even an offsetting penalty on KC?

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:00 pm

Kohr wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:Clyde Edwards-Helaire is on fire tonight.

Dammit, well he'd better cool off. I've got a fantasy game to win!

CE-H doesn't know how to cool off. He is a Tiger, after all.

#GeauxTigers
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:10 pm

CE-H for the TD!
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:35 pm

Poor Watson.....

Just got picked by the rookie.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:44 pm

Oh, Houston. You have disappointed me twice tonight...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:46 pm

I read that. That was a double slant route. Easy to make those passes within the 5 into the End Zone.

Houston, you're done. Throw in the white towel.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:46 pm

Texans showed promised in the beginning, but it looks like their O-Line troubles still persist. Watson has the weapons, but if he has to keep scrambling, his full potential is limited: teams know how to contain him in these situations now.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, Houston. You have disappointed me twice tonight...

Aw a Bronco's fan, I see your're rooting for the Texans. Yeah, they shit the bed tonight. They had momentum after that first TD
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:49 pm

Also,
Not sure how y'all are watching the game, but I love these Dunkin Donuts commercials that are on the NBC Sports App. The ones with Pasta and Kendall.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:57 pm

Zurkerx wrote:Texans showed promised in the beginning, but it looks like their O-Line troubles still persist. Watson has the weapons, but if he has to keep scrambling, his full potential is limited: teams know how to contain him in these situations now.

Yeah, his team has fallen apart, he can’t even make a pass right now.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:00 pm

That's what happens when you put the team 40 million in the hole, Bill O Brian is a fucking hack, and should be sacked.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:16 pm

I felt that hit by Hall against CE-H......

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 pm

United States of Devonta wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, Houston. You have disappointed me twice tonight...

Aw a Bronco's fan, I see your're rooting for the Texans. Yeah, they shit the bed tonight. They had momentum after that first TD

Yup. The Texans hand the game to KC, and the Rockets went down 3-1 to freaking Lebron and the Lakers.

Houston has been very disappointing tonight for me.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
United States of Devonta wrote:

Yup. The Texans hand the game to KC, and the Rockets went down 3-1 to freaking Lebron and the Lakers.

I was joking with my dad that this is why Mahomes is making 45 mil a year and Watson is only making 39 mil a year
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yup. The Texans hand the game to KC, and the Rockets went down 3-1 to freaking Lebron and the Lakers.

I was joking with my dad that this is why Mahomes is making 45 mil a year and Watson is only making 39 mil a year

He a Texan fan?

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 pm

So Clyde Edwards-Helaire had 25 carries for 138 Yards (Avg 5.52 Yards Per Rush) and 1 TD. Nice job for the Former Tiger in his first NFL Career Start.
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:28 pm

How 'bout those CHIEFS!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:12 am

Shazbotdom wrote:I felt that hit by Hall against CE-H......

That sound was LOUD.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:26 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Ranoria wrote:I was joking with my dad that this is why Mahomes is making 45 mil a year and Watson is only making 39 mil a year

He a Texan fan?

Nope, he's just a football fan at this point lol.

Gotta say - Watson did look a little bit off his game. Granted, I heard Brandin Cooks dropping a pass on the radio and then when I got home I saw another horrible drop, both deep balls, but Watson had Fuller V, I think it was, like middle-school level wide open. Should have been an easy touchdown, but he under threw it to the point Fuller got tackled.

They've actually got a pretty brutal first 7 games. Baltimore next, then Minnesota (8-8 last season but they're always a strong team), then Tennessee. Pittsburgh, they get a break with Jacksonville, and then Green Bay. If Watson can get them to 4-3 through these first 6 games, the schedule is a lot easier after that. Jags, Cleveland, New England, Detroit, Colts twice, Bears, Bengals, Titans. That could end up being a 7-2 run, assuming a split with Indy nd Tennessee, and a loss to New England or the Bears.
Last edited by Ranoria on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:He a Texan fan?

Nope, he's just a football fan at this point lol.

Gotta say - Watson did look a little bit off his game. Granted, I heard Brandin Cooks dropping a pass on the radio and then when I got home I saw another horrible drop, both deep balls, but Watson had Fuller V, I think it was, like middle-school level wide open. Should have been an easy touchdown, but he under threw it to the point Fuller got tackled.

They've actually got a pretty brutal first 7 games. Baltimore next, then Minnesota (8-8 last season but they're always a strong team), then Tennessee. Pittsburgh, they get a break with Jacksonville, and then Green Bay. If Watson can get them to 4-3 through these first 6 games, the schedule is a lot easier after that. Jags, Cleveland, New England, Detroit, Colts twice, Bears, Bengals, Titans. That could end up being a 7-2 run, assuming a split with Indy nd Tennessee, and a loss to New England or the Bears.

The Vikings had a 10-6 record last year; 2018 was the season their record was 8-7-1. But yeah, they certainly have a rough schedule in the beginning half. they should be able to beat the Jags, Colts, Browns, and Bengals but given the Texans' O-Line is shit, Watson is going to struggle against some good teams.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Balticonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Balticonia » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:19 am

Bears over Lions
Ravens over Browns
Vikings over Packers
Colts over Jaguars
Patriots over Dolphins
Bills over Jets
Panthers over Raiders
Eagles over Redskins Whatever you want to call them
Seahawks over Falcons
Chargers over Bengals
49ers over Cardinals
Saints over Buccaneers
Rams over Cowboys
Steelers over Giants
Titans over Broncos.
Experienced roleplayer from Lezra, an alternate world. Former WA Delegate. Very detailed history.
Current (non-canon) roleplay: War of Spanish Succession
Slightly outdated national factbook
The Great Austrontan Wars, my best factbook
Kings of Balticonia

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:15 pm

Here's a 2020ish heads up, guys. The Cowboys at Rams game and the Cards at 49er game are in jeopardy. The NFL may postpone either or both of these games if the air quality index (AQI) is above 200.

The LA game is the inaugural NFL game in the new $5 billion SoFi Stadium.

From the website - "SoFi is Built for LA. New look, new home, it makes you feel like you're in a different world."
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:21 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:Here's a 2020ish heads up, guys. The Cowboys at Rams game and the Cards at 49er game are in jeopardy. The NFL may postpone either or both of these games if the air quality index (AQI) is above 200.

From the website - "SoFi is Built for LA. New look, new home, it makes you feel like you're in a different world."

Probbaly mostly from the fires? Not a metric that I even knew existed.

That is an incredible stadium. Nothing like I thought I'd ever see.
Lumi is my NS mom

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:32 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Here's a 2020ish heads up, guys. The Cowboys at Rams game and the Cards at 49er game are in jeopardy. The NFL may postpone either or both of these games if the air quality index (AQI) is above 200.

Probbaly mostly from the fires? Not a metric that I even knew existed.

That is an incredible stadium. Nothing like I thought I'd ever see.

Yeah, it is an amazing stadium. Yeah, it's the smoke from the fires.

Been around awhile, Ran. Wish we didn't need to refer to it. The metric was created by the Clean Air Act of 1977, but it was called the PSI (Pollution Standards Index) until 1999 when 2 more pollutants were added changed to AQI.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:36 pm

They spent all that money on those new stadiums, and even in a normal year the Rams have had trouble dragging fans to games. Now they have both COVID and fires everywhere. What did they expect would happen?
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General