NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Chiefs over Texans
Eagles over Redskins
Patriots over Dolphins
Vikings over Packers
Colts over Jaguars
Bears over Lions
Raiders over Panthers
Bills over Jets
Ravens over Browns
Seahawks over Falcons
Chargers over Bengals
49ers over Cardinals
Saints over Bucs
Cowboys over Rams
Steelers over Giants
Titans over Broncos

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:01 am

As much as I have a fondest for my Eagles, Dallas simply has a better team, and coach now. And since the Eagles are going through an injury bug (again), I don't see them being NFC Champs this year.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 am

Zurkerx wrote:As much as I have a fondest for my Eagles, Dallas simply has a better team, and coach now. And since the Eagles are going through an injury bug (again), I don't see them being NFC Champs this year.

I think the same could be said last year though. Cowboys had a loaded defense and a very strong offense on paper whereas the Eagles were strong on the OL, and at QB. Trash cans and lawn furniture at WR after Desean Jackson went down, and they still won the division. Granted, coaching change, but the Eagles have gotten better.

Javon Hargrave should push an under performing interior DL to play better just through competition, and he is a good starting caliber guy. Darius Slay at CB is a huge addition. He doesn't normally produce a lot of turnovers, but good luck throwing the ball his way. Hasn't been outstanding the last couple years (passer rating allowed of 71.1 and then 81.6, allowed TD-INT of 6-3 and then 3-2) but he's a well above average corner at worst and an all pro at best. And to be fair, that 81.6 would put a QB at 30th last season, and the 71.1 would have been 31st in 2017.

Dallas did add Ceedee Lamb, and Gallup is a very good #2 who could probably be a lesser #1 at this point. But I think the Eagles have just enough talent on the back end to deal with that. If Derek Barnett can finally step up and live up to his draft billing (I was high on him coming out), that would help a lot too.
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:40 am

Ranoria wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:As much as I have a fondest for my Eagles, Dallas simply has a better team, and coach now. And since the Eagles are going through an injury bug (again), I don't see them being NFC Champs this year.

I think the same could be said last year though. Cowboys had a loaded defense and a very strong offense on paper whereas the Eagles were strong on the OL, and at QB. Trash cans and lawn furniture at WR after Desean Jackson went down, and they still won the division. Granted, coaching change, but the Eagles have gotten better.

Javon Hargrave should push an under performing interior DL to play better just through competition, and he is a good starting caliber guy. Darius Slay at CB is a huge addition. He doesn't normally produce a lot of turnovers, but good luck throwing the ball his way. Hasn't been outstanding the last couple years (passer rating allowed of 71.1 and then 81.6, allowed TD-INT of 6-3 and then 3-2) but he's a well above average corner at worst and an all pro at best. And to be fair, that 81.6 would put a QB at 30th last season, and the 71.1 would have been 31st in 2017.

Dallas did add Ceedee Lamb, and Gallup is a very good #2 who could probably be a lesser #1 at this point. But I think the Eagles have just enough talent on the back end to deal with that. If Derek Barnett can finally step up and live up to his draft billing (I was high on him coming out), that would help a lot too.

The Eagles D did improve a bit; Cowboys definitely went down in terms of their Defense. But our OL has taken a hit and that worries me, especially since Wentz gets hurt easily. I do think though that we'll do fine, just not too great.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:50 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Ranoria wrote:I think the same could be said last year though. Cowboys had a loaded defense and a very strong offense on paper whereas the Eagles were strong on the OL, and at QB. Trash cans and lawn furniture at WR after Desean Jackson went down, and they still won the division. Granted, coaching change, but the Eagles have gotten better.

The Eagles D did improve a bit; Cowboys definitely went down in terms of their Defense. But our OL has taken a hit and that worries me, especially since Wentz gets hurt easily. I do think though that we'll do fine, just not too great.

Zuk your're an Eagles fan? Me too!

Yeah, the O-line has been getting man handled by the D-line in training camp. Hopefully, that's more of a sign our D-line is strong, but I doubt it.

And I think Reagor, Sanders, and maybe Lane will play Sunday against the Washington No-names. They are marked limited right now.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:53 am

Ranoria wrote:

This has to be Barnett's year. If not, In think we could see him leave Philly. Our rookie WR's are looking good in training camp. The Cowboys had two 1,000 yard receivers last year and just added more to an already solid offense. They didn't improve at all in the defense, maybe they got even worse? Also, we don't know how their O-line will play after loosing Fredrick.
US Air Force E-4

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:09 am

And today, we are now out of the preseason. Chiefs and Texans tonight at Arrowhead. Go Chiefs!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Balticonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Balticonia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:20 am

Chiefs over Texans for tonight.
Experienced roleplayer from Lezra, an alternate world. Former WA Delegate. Very detailed history.
Current (non-canon) roleplay: War of Spanish Succession
Slightly outdated national factbook
The Great Austrontan Wars, my best factbook
Kings of Balticonia

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:59 am

United States of Devonta wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Yeah, the O-line has been getting man handled by the D-line in training camp. Hopefully, that's more of a sign our D-line is strong, but I doubt it.

And I think Reagor, Sanders, and maybe Lane will play Sunday against the Washington No-names. They are marked limited right now.

*squeals like how Gavin Free does in Let's Play Videos

I have found another. :hug:

And wait, Reagor could be playing? Damn, he had a shoulder injury by what I heard, one that required surgery. But the Eagles D should be alright though it can be better.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Zurkerx wrote:

And wait, Reagor could be playing? Damn, he had a shoulder injury by what I heard, one that required surgery. But the Eagles D should be alright though it can be better.

Reagor was in full pads yesterday returning punts. I think he will play. It didn't require surgery. Safety Will Parks will be out a few weeks. I'm still salty about the Eagles letting go of Malcolm Jenkins.
US Air Force E-4

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:01 pm

The TItle of the Thread should probably reflect that we've started the Regular Season.

Also, I decided to stick with my picks, and will not be changing anything. We'll see if I fuck up this week or not.

P.S.
#WhoDat
#NeverPunt
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Zurkerx wrote:

Now you know how I felt when I discovered other Saints fans exist on NS. :lol:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:40 pm

END RACISM

Great message NFL! Better late than never. See it through.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Good riddance. Eye-gouging whackjob.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:52 pm

30 MINUTES!

30 MINUTES!
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:30 MINUTES!

30 MINUTES!

Foootballlll!!!!!!

Oh how I’ve missed you!
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:END RACISM

And as soon as everyone forgets after Election Day they’ll act like nothing happened
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Oh ya put me down for Mahoimes Crew over Texans
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:58 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

And as soon as everyone forgets after Election Day they’ll act like nothing happened

Their sponsors might hold their feet to the fire this time. The big money is clearly nervous.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Outer Sparta
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 pm

Breaking news: NFL ends racism in one single swoop!

In all seriousness, this doesn't do anything. Then again, the NFL gives two shits about racism just like they give two shits about the brain health of players.
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Can we stop with the politics talk? Football is on. Talk about the game.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:10 pm

And it's 7 all.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:21 pm

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is on fire tonight.

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:30 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:Clyde Edwards-Helaire is on fire tonight.

Dammit, well he'd better cool off. I've got a fantasy game to win!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General