NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Tombradyonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradyonia » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 am

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Wentz can certainly play and I’d believe that he had the top out of pocket passer rating. Colin Cowherd puts it pretty well about him- he’s throwing to lawn furniture and deck chairs. Dude still got the eagles into the playoffs.

Also, college football is not happening this season.

Some of it is, but it’s being moved to the spring. (SWAC is doing this for instance.) The Big Ten may change their minds and do the same. They get too much money from football and making their decision last-minute is going to rip a hole in them.

Maybe this whole thing will straighten out those who want to keep up the illusion about College Football being an amateur sport, what with the hundreds of millions in TV contracts, coaches being paid millions, athletics directors being paid millions, journalists covering CF being paid handsomely, tons in revenue from selling tickets to the games and so on.

If this was an amateur sport, Saban wouldn't be paid like he is. Pay the coaches = pay the players.
I can still recall the moment I heard that the NCAA sent actual investigators to investigate whether or not some player had received a free can of coke. Actual adults sending out actual adults to try and find out if someone got a free beverage, because they had to "protect the sanctity of the amateur character of the game" ignoring the millions being paid to coaches etc.
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!
Either you are with the United States of America, or you are with Donald Trump

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Tombradyonia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Some of it is, but it’s being moved to the spring. (SWAC is doing this for instance.) The Big Ten may change their minds and do the same. They get too much money from football and making their decision last-minute is going to rip a hole in them.

Maybe this whole thing will straighten out those who want to keep up the illusion about College Football being an amateur sport, what with the hundreds of millions in TV contracts, coaches being paid millions, athletics directors being paid millions, journalists covering CF being paid handsomely, tons in revenue from selling tickets to the games and so on.

If this was an amateur sport, Saban wouldn't be paid like he is. Pay the coaches = pay the players.
I can still recall the moment I heard that the NCAA sent actual investigators to investigate whether or not some player had received a free can of coke. Actual adults sending out actual adults to try and find out if someone got a free beverage, because they had to "protect the sanctity of the amateur character of the game" ignoring the millions being paid to coaches etc.

Nick Saban gets $10 million a year to whine when he misses a recruitment deadline, his team is routinely a bunch of sore losers when they are down and he gets no penalties, but if the players give autographs, or even give presents from relatives, they can lose literally everything, up to and including team championships.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:06 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Wentz can certainly play and I’d believe that he had the top out of pocket passer rating. Colin Cowherd puts it pretty well about him- he’s throwing to lawn furniture and deck chairs. Dude still got the eagles into the playoffs.

Also, college football is not happening this season.

Some of it is, but it’s being moved to the spring. (SWAC is doing this for instance.) The Big Ten may change their minds and do the same. They get too much money from football and making their decision last-minute is going to rip a hole in them.

To the contrary, lawsuits can cripple them more than this. Imagine if 25% of the players’ families sued them if their kids so much as got sick, much less the COVID.

I totally disagree with this ‘pay the players’ thing though. First off- players are part of it, but the coach makes the team generally. Alabama doesn’t win its championships without Saban. I do think they should allow the players to take sponsorship deals and such, no harm in that, but don’t discount the scholarships these kids get. Most of them aren’t going pro, and saving 20-50k a year is huge for them. That can be a lot more than most people make in a year.
Last edited by Ranoria on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:56 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Some of it is, but it’s being moved to the spring. (SWAC is doing this for instance.) The Big Ten may change their minds and do the same. They get too much money from football and making their decision last-minute is going to rip a hole in them.

To the contrary, lawsuits can cripple them more than this. Imagine if 25% of the players’ families sued them if their kids so much as got sick, much less the COVID.

I totally disagree with this ‘pay the players’ thing though. First off- players are part of it, but the coach makes the team generally. Alabama doesn’t win its championships without Saban. I do think they should allow the players to take sponsorship deals and such, no harm in that, but don’t discount the scholarships these kids get. Most of them aren’t going pro, and saving 20-50k a year is huge for them. That can be a lot more than most people make in a year.

The coach organizes the team, but the team is very little without good players. The difference between LSU’s team two years ago and last year is pretty significant, even under the same coach. Even Nick Saban knows that he is nothing without the players he recruits so well every year.

Furthermore, even if the players are not paid, they should not lose scholarships, eligibility, and even championships because they did autographs or accepted gifts from people. They are paid good money to play for a team, with a slight chance at reaching the NFL...and that’s it. There’s roughly no benefits, none of the individual stardom, and the school is far too afraid of being held liable for something the students do while also allowing many of them to get away with domestic abuse and other crimes. It’s a Frankenstein’s monster of priorities, and the shakeups happening with college football right now should really allow these issues to be discussed in a more forthright manner.

I realize this should probably all go in the College Football Discussion, but I felt it had to be said, because they do almost everything pro players do except they are treated even more like property.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:37 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:To the contrary, lawsuits can cripple them more than this. Imagine if 25% of the players’ families sued them if their kids so much as got sick, much less the COVID.

The coach organizes the team, but the team is very little without good players. The difference between LSU’s team two years ago and last year is pretty significant, even under the same coach. Even Nick Saban knows that he is nothing without the players he recruits so well every year.

Furthermore, even if the players are not paid, they should not lose scholarships, eligibility, and even championships because they did autographs or accepted gifts from people. They are paid good money to play for a team, with a slight chance at reaching the NFL...and that’s it. There’s roughly no benefits, none of the individual stardom, and the school is far too afraid of being held liable for something the students do while also allowing many of them to get away with domestic abuse and other crimes. It’s a Frankenstein’s monster of priorities, and the shakeups happening with college football right now should really allow these issues to be discussed in a more forthright manner.

I realize this should probably all go in the College Football Discussion, but I felt it had to be said, because they do almost everything pro players do except they are treated even more like property.

I think we're in agreement for the most part here. There are certainly benefits to playing college football though, that I can tell you. Tutoring, scholarships (again, don't discount this. For someone who doesn't make the pros, that's a huge amount of money that you don't owe coming out), generally professors being a bit more lax with you, separate usually better dorms for upper D2 and higher, and for a lot of programs: Better cafeteria options.

There's other stuff, too, but I think we mostly agree. Sponsorship and making money shouldn't be an issue for the NCAA, especially since some of these guys just don't pan out in the NFL. Jamarcus Russell probably would have had a couple more years of money to burn through if he had been allowed to go after sponsorship lol.

In other news; Vikings signed Everson Griffen, leaving Clowney as the last edge standing. Love that dude, but he got 13.5 sacks in the last two years with Danielle Hunter on the other side, I wouldn't expect much out of him.
https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-signin ... on-griffen

I'm gonna leave this poll up a while longer because it's highly contested. Vote if you haven't already!
Last edited by Ranoria on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:45 pm

New Orleans Saints announce that they will not allow fans in for the Home Opener against the Tampa Bay Succaneers....I mean Buccaneers.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:59 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:New Orleans Saints announce that they will not allow fans in for the Home Opener against the Tampa Bay Succaneers....I mean Buccaneers.

We'll hopefully be able to see the Saints eviscerate the Bucs from home.
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:44 am

Luminesa wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:New Orleans Saints announce that they will not allow fans in for the Home Opener against the Tampa Bay Succaneers....I mean Buccaneers.

We'll hopefully be able to see the Saints eviscerate the Bucs from home.

Should be one hell of an opener, regardless. I’ve heard Drew brees has gotten significantly stronger this offseason. He’s deadlifting 350 pounds with a hex bar. Not a super impressive number for a pro athlete, but as a QB maybe. Some guy said that he ‘took ten years off his arm,’ this offseason.
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Anyone else know the Niners signed Jason Verett? I feel like he was in conversation as best in the league last time he was healthy. Him and Sherman could be a nice duo, especially with that pass rush making quarterbacks uncomfortable. Granted, I’ve also learned by now that generally, guys who get hurt a few years in a row tend to not come out as good afterwards.

In other news: poll will be updated in a few minutes. Last round coming up!
Last edited by Ranoria on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:24 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:We'll hopefully be able to see the Saints eviscerate the Bucs from home.

Should be one hell of an opener, regardless. I’ve heard Drew brees has gotten significantly stronger this offseason. He’s deadlifting 350 pounds with a hex bar. Not a super impressive number for a pro athlete, but as a QB maybe. Some guy said that he ‘took ten years off his arm,’ this offseason.

Well, he's gotta keep up with those 4 kids of his. lol
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:38 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Should be one hell of an opener, regardless. I’ve heard Drew brees has gotten significantly stronger this offseason. He’s deadlifting 350 pounds with a hex bar. Not a super impressive number for a pro athlete, but as a QB maybe. Some guy said that he ‘took ten years off his arm,’ this offseason.

Well, he's gotta keep up with those 4 kids of his. lol

If that's what it takes to keep up with 4, one wonders what Rivers does to keep up with the like 9 he has.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:Well, he's gotta keep up with those 4 kids of his. lol

If that's what it takes to keep up with 4, one wonders what Rivers does to keep up with the like 9 he has.

Dunno. Rivers has been having a few bad seasons, though. Maybe those 9 kids of his are wearing him out. :rofl:

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:59 am

Shazbotdom wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:If that's what it takes to keep up with 4, one wonders what Rivers does to keep up with the like 9 he has.

Dunno. Rivers has been having a few bad seasons, though. Maybe those 9 kids of his are wearing him out. :rofl:

I mean, last time he was under 4,286 yards was 2012. 2016 and 2019 he threw too many picks (21 and 20, respectively), but generally I'd say he's been producing a ton of offense. 3 of the last 6 seasons he's had 30+ touchdown passes. I also have my doubts to him moving his whole family. Could he potentially have more energy to focus on football in Indianapolis?

Granted, I'm a Titans fan, so uh, let's hope not.

Sidenote - Tannehill was on pace for a 4,387 yard, 35 TD, 10 INT season through a full year in 2019 Doubt he's going to go off like that, but I certainly wouldn't complain, those are low end MVP type numbers.
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:28 am

Ranoria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:We'll hopefully be able to see the Saints eviscerate the Bucs from home.

That's really good to hear, though Brees has always had decent arm-strength. Brees doesn't always get to show that off because he focuses more on accuracy than dazzling 50-yard throws (hi Ben Roesthlisberger), but he really does have an arm. I'm excited to see him kick tushes.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:43 am

Clutch is difficult. I would not put Russell Wilson here. The other three options are basically neck-and-neck. Rodgers can pull comebacks out of thin air (did so TWICE against the Arizona Cardinals in the playoffs, and against Dallas on basically a broken leg). Tom Brady is a monster after the two-minute warning. I may actually go back and re-pick, but Patty Mahomes should get credit as well, he's gotten experience with comebacks now and he's pretty fabulous overall.

Players who should be in Russell's place:
1.) Drew Brees - Biased, but Brees has commandeered quite a few insane comebacks. Steelers last year, Ravens year before last (though Lutz finished that game), San Francisco and Houston last year, the Bengals in 2011, the Cowboys in 2011/12, shoot, the flipping Super Bowl?!?!? Maybe he's not as known for the game-winning TDs in those scenarios, but his internal clock is pristine and uncanny, and he knows time management like almost nobody in the game.
2.) Tony Romo - Even if they were not always wins, and I loved to bash Romo because Romo made mistakes like H&M makes bad clothes, when he wanted to do a comeback he could do one. That almost-win against Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos was one of the best games of his career, if not THE best. He got outgunned, tragically, but threw for over 500 yards and fought for every yard. His win over San Francisco while he had a punctured lung and a broken rib was also noteworthy. He should have pulled-out, but decided to play to the end.
3.) Andrew Luck - May his career rest in peace. His first playoff game against the Chiefs was unbelievable. Nobody else at that time could have pulled a 45-point comeback in two quarters, including crawling over his entire O-line for one of those TDs. Maybe he didn't always show he could do that, but that's his management's fault, as everything was, for sabotaging his career by grossly mismanaging his skills, leaving him hanging without an O-line for most of his career, and then forcing him to play while hurt and hiding his injuries.
4.) Matt Ryan - Giving the devil his due, so to speak. At the prime of his career, Matt Ryan was frightening after the two-minute warning. Matty Ice was not a pushover, I remember the first Saints loss I ever saw as a football fan, and it was against the Falcons. It was brutal.

So yeah, just some suggestions.
-Alan Jackson

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Any answer other than Brady is wrong.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:29 pm

See, I’m going modern here. Otherwise Peyton would be everything besides speed lol.

I don’t think Brees is particularly clutch anymore. I’m sure he was, but last few times I’ve seen him down in the 4th quarter, it’s been a pick. Except that game against the Vikings, Minneapolis Miracle. He did incredible there. Wilson...I dunno, I felt like he probably is. Rodgers is the Hail Mary King, but Brady...I’ve seen him fail twice in the fourth quarter. Once, really, the second was a 2006 throwback. And that was against Tennessee in 2019. Every time he’s down one score, be it 50 seconds or 2 minutes left, I say the same thing. “I’ve seen this story too many times.” And I’ve been right all but once.

Romo excluded for same reason as Brees’s prime.

Matty Ice...I’m eh on. The dude went 1-19 or something throwing to julio in the red zone one year. That killed my opinion of him.

That said, I think we have clear cut winner! Final ‘Perfect’ QB coming right up!
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:32 pm

As voted: the NFL thread’s Perfect Quarterback!

Awareness and Decision Making: Tom Brady
Arm Strength: Patty freaking Mahomes
Arm Talent (angles and stuff, off platform): Patty freaking Mahomes
Accuracy: Drew Brees
Pocket Presence and Pocket Maneuverability: Aaron Rodgers
Speed, agility, mobility: Lamar Jackson. Big Truss!
Sack Breaking: Big Ben Roethlisberger
Clutch Factor: Tom Brady
Last edited by Ranoria on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi is my NS mom

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:37 pm

Ranoria wrote:See, I’m going modern here. Otherwise Peyton would be everything besides speed lol.

I don’t think Brees is particularly clutch anymore. I’m sure he was, but last few times I’ve seen him down in the 4th quarter, it’s been a pick. Except that game against the Vikings, Minneapolis Miracle. He did incredible there. Wilson...I dunno, I felt like he probably is. Rodgers is the Hail Mary King, but Brady...I’ve seen him fail twice in the fourth quarter. Once, really, the second was a 2006 throwback. And that was against Tennessee in 2019. Every time he’s down one score, be it 50 seconds or 2 minutes left, I say the same thing. “I’ve seen this story too many times.” And I’ve been right all but once.

Matty Ice...I’m eh on. The dude went 1-19 or something throwing to julio in the red zone one year. That killed my opinion of him.

That said, I think we have clear cut winner! Final ‘Perfect’ QB coming right up!

I can tell you right now that Drew Brees has more 4th quarter comebacks than Russell Wilson. In fact, he is third all-time in comebacks in his career. Russell Wilson doesn't even scrape the Top 20 all-time. Maybe one day he will, but right now Brees is objectively better.

Tony Romo also has more comebacks than Wilson on this list. 24 versus 21.

Oddly enough Aaron Rodgers is not even in the Top 50, but Rodgers has always been impressive at comebacks.

Matt Ryan has fallen-off, and that's indisputable. I actually have to take back what I said about comebacks, because apparently he's not even in the Top 100 of this list. That's...abysmal.
-Alan Jackson

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:44 pm

Other positions would be hard because
RB:
The Speed of Bo, the trucking power of Jim Brown, the carrying ability of Jim Brown, the toughness of Jim Brown, the attitude of Jim Brown, and the moves of LT.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Tombradyonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradyonia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:43 am

Luminesa wrote:I can tell you right now that Drew Brees has more 4th quarter comebacks than Russell Wilson. In fact, he is third all-time in comebacks in his career. Russell Wilson doesn't even scrape the Top 20 all-time. Maybe one day he will, but right now Brees is objectively better.

Regular season + playoffs:
Manning: 45 fourth quarter comebacks, 56 game-winning drives
Brady: 45 fourth quarter comebacks, 58 game-winning drives

Seems pretty equal, no?

That is, if you didn't look at playoff numbers only:
Manning 2 FQC, 2 GWD
Brady 9 FQC, 13 GWD
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Ranoria wrote:See, I’m going modern here. Otherwise Peyton would be everything besides speed lol.

I can tell you right now that Drew Brees has more 4th quarter comebacks than Russell Wilson. In fact, he is third all-time in comebacks in his career. Russell Wilson doesn't even scrape the Top 20 all-time. Maybe one day he will, but right now Brees is objectively better.

Oddly enough Aaron Rodgers is not even in the Top 50, but Rodgers has always been impressive at comebacks.

Matt Ryan has fallen-off, and that's indisputable. I actually have to take back what I said about comebacks, because apparently he's not even in the Top 100 of this list. That's...abysmal.

The weird thing about the comeback/GWD stat is that in order to get those you have to be losing. And I mean, every team loses sometimes, but QB's who are in the lead a lot are less lilely to rack up the comeback wins. Also a QB whose team is often too far behind to come back will be unable to collect a lot of those either. So it's an interesting statistic, but it's a very oddly weighted one.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Tombradyonia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I can tell you right now that Drew Brees has more 4th quarter comebacks than Russell Wilson. In fact, he is third all-time in comebacks in his career. Russell Wilson doesn't even scrape the Top 20 all-time. Maybe one day he will, but right now Brees is objectively better.

Seems pretty equal, no?

Manning 2 FQC, 2 GWD
Brady 9 FQC, 13 GWD

Manning when the league doesn't hand him a ring: Chokes every January and the occasional February.
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:02 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Tombradyonia wrote:

Seems pretty equal, no?

Manning 2 FQC, 2 GWD
Brady 9 FQC, 13 GWD

Manning when the league doesn't hand him a ring: Chokes every January and the occasional February.

Brady when the league doesn't hand him a ring: Error. There is insufficient data to calculate these results.

Tuck Rule Game anyone?
Last edited by Idzequitch on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Tombradyonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradyonia » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:08 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Manning when the league doesn't hand him a ring: Chokes every January and the occasional February.

Brady when the league doesn't hand him a ring: Error. There is insufficient data to calculate these results.

Tuck Rule Game anyone?

I still don't understand why Woodson wasn't called for roughing the passer/facemask on the socalled 'tuck' play.
They might also call Brady for tripping and then the penalties would offset and the down replayed.
Last edited by Tombradyonia on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General