NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Damn. It's like the combined karma that missed Hill and Hunt just took a left and went right for him.

The NFL and the police couldn't find anything wrong with anything Hill did. You don't know more than them.

Save me the alcohol and don't try arguing with ameri.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Apparently an idiotic support team has lead to Adrian Peterson having no money and unknowingly donating millions to Trump's 2020 campaign.
Karma for child abuse?

Source please.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Apparently an idiotic support team has lead to Adrian Peterson having no money and unknowingly donating millions to Trump's 2020 campaign.
Karma for child abuse?

Source please.

Of course.
And the donation.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:26 pm

They're running out of shit placeholder quarterbacks. Has Fitzpattrick found a team on which he can luck out and become a starter again yet?

Fitzpatrick is a starting caliber QB and I will tolerate no argument. That dude can play.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Hill didn't do anything wrong, why should he be punished?

Oh wait, you're a bronco's fan! ;)

Gonna see number 10 get a few TDs and amazing catches against you this year...again!

He beat the shit out of his kid. Hell yes he did something wrong.

They’ve got Jacksonville, Oakland, and Baltimore in the first three weeks. I can think of at least one dude on each of those teams that would probably be willing to take him out.

A little late in the response, but uh....no he didn't. Otherwise he would be in jail and/or have pending charges. As of now the criminal investigation is stopped. From the info that's been made public its looking more like the girlfriend did it.

Furthermore, it also makes people raise an eyebrow and wonder if Tyreek actually did the shit he plead guilty to at Oklahoma.

There's no evidence Hill hurt is kid. If there was he would be gone and facing criminal charges.

You can stop with your lies now- even if they are lies from ignorance.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:51 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:They're running out of shit placeholder quarterbacks. Has Fitzpattrick found a team on which he can luck out and become a starter again yet?

Fitzpatrick is a starting caliber QB and I will tolerate no argument. That dude can play.

Only Mahomes had better stats by week 3 as well.
Anarchist

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:19 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Fitzpatrick is a starting caliber QB and I will tolerate no argument. That dude can play.

Only Mahomes had better stats by week 3 as well.

Then I played him in a fantasy football game and he fell apart.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Tombradyonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradyonia » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:50 am

And what a career it was...

My personal Sanchize highlight: Thanksgiving, 2012

:rofl:

Thanks again, Sanchize! :rofl:
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!
Either you are with the United States of America, or you are with Donald Trump

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Jones "Exceeding early expectations". That'd be impressive if anyone was actually expecting anything out of him. Barely anyone knew who he freaking was til he got drafted.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Jones "Exceeding early expectations". That'd be impressive if anyone was actually expecting anything out of him. Barely anyone knew who he freaking was til he got drafted.

If NY had an offense I'd bet that Eli would start balling for his life.
Anarchist

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Source please.

Of course.
And the donation.

You could choke on those DickTator tweets. :p

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Jones "Exceeding early expectations". That'd be impressive if anyone was actually expecting anything out of him. Barely anyone knew who he freaking was til he got drafted.

If NY had an offense I'd bet that Eli would start balling for his life.

Sadly, we don't know if Jones is any better because we've taken the one good receiver away. I guess it's another year of running poor Barkley into the ground.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:If NY had an offense I'd bet that Eli would start balling for his life.

Sadly, we don't know if Jones is any better because we've taken the one good receiver away. I guess it's another year of running poor Barkley into the ground.

Insert Detroit Joke

On the topic of QB I'm still shocked NY drafted a DUKE QB like there are bottom feeder SEC teams scratching their heads at that one.
Anarchist

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:26 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:If NY had an offense I'd bet that Eli would start balling for his life.

Oh, and sterling shepherd has a fractured thumb, so at least you don’t have to worry about him and Tate duking it out to start in the a lot.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:14 pm

"I won a few games before he was here". Eli Manning with sass. I like it.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:38 am

Apparently Michael Thomas did not report for Saints training camp on Thursday. He seems to be holding out to try and get a $20 million contract.

Don't pull this on us #cantguardmike
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (*) 55-23-4 (114) | COL (x) 49-25-7 (105) | CHI (e) 23-52-5 (51) | VGK (x) 44-28-8 (96)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Tombradyonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradyonia » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:45 am

Ameriganastan wrote:"I won a few games before he was here". Eli Manning with sass. I like it.

I just can't dislike that dude unlike his scummy brother. Even if he's the reason we got 6 instead of 8.
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:16 pm

In the category of ...you just can't make this stuff up.... Antonio Brown arrives for Raiders' camp via hot air balloon

Man.
This guy blows.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:In the category of ...you just can't make this stuff up.... Antonio Brown arrives for Raiders' camp via hot air balloon

Man.
This guy blows.

He's nothing if not over the top.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:38 pm

AJ Green tore some ligaments in his ankle and is expected to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks. Looks like he'll be missing the season opener at the very least.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:01 am

Idzequitch wrote:AJ Green tore some ligaments in his ankle and is expected to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks. Looks like he'll be missing the season opener at the very least.

Eh, looking like another bad year for the Bengals, and Dolphins, Cardinals, Raiders, etc. Speaking of football, who's going to keep track of the rankings we did last year? I'm not sure if Kohr will do it again.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:30 am

Zurkerx wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:AJ Green tore some ligaments in his ankle and is expected to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks. Looks like he'll be missing the season opener at the very least.

Eh, looking like another bad year for the Bengals, and Dolphins, Cardinals, Raiders, etc. Speaking of football, who's going to keep track of the rankings we did last year? I'm not sure if Kohr will do it again.

I'm happy to give it a go.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:55 am

Zurkerx wrote:

Alright, that sounds good to me. It was fun last year. On a side note, I be willing to assist whoever does take up the mantle.

Oh, and here's a cheat sheet for Fantasy: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ranking ... sheets.php

Given I'm in a 12 person league and I'm the 8th pick, this is going to be rather difficult this year for me.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Tombradyonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradyonia » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:15 pm

The Jets certainly look scary this year.

:rofl:

Ofc, they had a really great coach about 20 years ago: The day Belichick coached the Jets

Sadly for the Jets, he resigned by scribbling "I resign as HC of the NYJ" on a napkin. The rambling press conference he held after announcing it is still a thing of beauty.
Last edited by Tombradyonia on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Zurkerx wrote:

You want to take over the picks league?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General