NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:07 pm

DEVIN BUSH IS THE GODCHILD OF DERRICK BROOKS
SUPER BOWL
SUPER BOWL
SUPER BOWL
SUPER BOWL
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 am

Trollgaard wrote:
Ranoria wrote:He damn well better go to prison, and I hope they beat him senseless in there. The dude’s a scumbag.

If everything is true then he probably does deserve prison time.

I just hope his son is safe and grows up happy and healthy.

Dude is one of the best offensive weapons in the game and he fucked it up. Blew his chance for millions, fame, and a rings. Now he is hated.

He should be banned from the league if all this is true. Other teams shouldn't be able to swoop in a year and profit off this.

This story makes me extremely sad. Having been similarly victimized myself as a small child, i personally have some idea as to how devastating this is for the 3 year old son of Mr. Hill and his fiancee Crystal Espinal. Also for the family itself.
The only good news is that it's out in the open and the boy should not endure another battering and will receive immediate treatment with regard to the full ramifications of the violence.

As for Hill, I hope he can own up to the full truth of his criminal battery of his son. Only the truth and a full measure of justice can set everyone involved here free ...well, at least it's the best chance they've got. Even if it takes a few years inside for Hill.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:16 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
If everything is true then he probably does deserve prison time.

I just hope his son is safe and grows up happy and healthy.

Dude is one of the best offensive weapons in the game and he fucked it up. Blew his chance for millions, fame, and a rings. Now he is hated.

He should be banned from the league if all this is true. Other teams shouldn't be able to swoop in a year and profit off this.

This story makes me extremely sad. Having been similarly victimized myself as a small child, i personally have some idea as to how devastating this is for the 3 year old son of Mr. Hill and his fiancee Crystal Espinal. Also for the family itself.
The only good news is that it's out in the open and the boy should not endure another battering and will receive immediate treatment with regard to the full ramifications of the violence.

As for Hill, I hope he can own up to the full truth of his criminal battery of his son. Only the truth and a full measure of justice can set everyone involved here free ...well, at least it's the best chance they've got. Even if it takes a few years inside for Hill.

So, the Chiefs don';t have Hunt or Hill anymore. Hmm, they may struggle a bit. It's ashamed: such great talent and they had to do stupid crap.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

So, the Chiefs don';t have Hunt or Hill anymore. Hmm, they may struggle a bit. It's ashamed: such great talent and they had to do stupid crap.

Serves them right. They knew before they drafted Hill he had punched his woman in the stomach while pregnant in 2014. Yet they still picked him.

BTW, stupid crap in this case can also be characterized as criminal acts. I wonder if Andy Reid has an understanding deficit in this area? I've heard nothing good about his own 2 sons. Both of which went to jail. One of which is now dead.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Serves them right. They knew before they drafted Hill he had punched his woman in the stomach while pregnant in 2014. Yet they still picked him.

BTW, stupid crap in this case can also be characterized as criminal acts. I wonder if Andy Reid has an understanding deficit in this area? I've heard nothing good about his own 2 sons. Both of which went to jail. One of which is now dead.

I do agree, although I was unaware of Hill's acts until recently. There needs to be a stronger regulation/crackdown on this kind of stuff.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

I do agree, although I was unaware of Hill's acts until recently. There needs to be a stronger regulation/crackdown on this kind of stuff.

They did an efficient job of keeping a lid on it as if they've had a lot of practice at that, ugh. To me this isn't just about Hill but our society. The senseless violence that's perpetrated upon the defenseless in general.

As for child abuse cases, it's better law enforcement now than it was 55-60 years ago but it's still has a very long way to go. Especially with the enablers.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:05 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

Do you mean within the nfl or wider society?
Wider society I'd agree, but I don't like the Goodell court handing out summary justice to players before the ordinary courts have even seen them.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:12 pm

If Goodell wasn't so arbitrary the problem wouldn't be so bad.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:If Goodell wasn't so arbitrary the problem wouldn't be so bad.

If Goodell just treated all of these cases with 'the National Football League has no control over the ways players spend their private lives, we shall await the results of any investigation before taking action,' things would be better.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:If Goodell wasn't so arbitrary the problem wouldn't be so bad.

If Goodell just treated all of these cases with 'the National Football League has no control over the ways players spend their private lives, we shall await the results of any investigation before taking action,' things would be better.

Considering how atrociously the real legal system treats domestic violence cases I disagree.
Anarchist

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:If Goodell just treated all of these cases with 'the National Football League has no control over the ways players spend their private lives, we shall await the results of any investigation before taking action,' things would be better.

Considering how atrociously the real legal system treats domestic violence cases I disagree.

So why should these players have to put up with a kangaroo court system, where justice plays second fiddle to the leagues public image?

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:38 pm

Zurkerx wrote:

Do you mean within the nfl or wider society?
Wider society I'd agree, but I don't like the Goodell court handing out summary justice to players before the ordinary courts have even seen them.

Your point has some superficial merit. What if when you were a kid something terrible like this happened to you?

Then in fear of "Daddy" losing his job and the family breaking up Mommy and whoever else keep it quiet. Next you're told to never talk about it.

Finally they rationalize some BS to explain the violence to you. Then maybe buy you a toy. By now as a child you're totally confused. As a kid you can't process this and that is further psychological injury upon physical injury.

Then the cycle repeats numerous times. Can you imagine that horror? :(

Actually, in reality the whole thing is a total lose lose situation no matter if the boss fires Daddy or not. This is only collateral damage to that of the original victim of the violence.

Child abuse can not be tolerated. There must be zero tolerance of this sort of behavior.

Hill should be suspended.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:44 pm

There should be a punishment for those who keep on making one bad prediction after another.

Bad on the draft

Even worse on anticipating a draftee's career

That guy with the funny updo on ESPN, who sounds like he's talking through clenched teeth, he's the worst

http://dailyupperdecker.com/tag/mel-kiper-sucks/
Last edited by Pope Joan on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Hill would have been drafted by anyone in the league. He went in the 5th round. And by god he was great. People deserve second chances in life. Hill had his and wasted it. He shouldn't get a third- at least in the NFL.

And Kareem Hunt- I don't remember any concerns about him coming out the draft. I remember hearing about a couple incidents of altercations when he was out drinking in KC, but nothing terrible until the video came out. He was cut once the truth came out.

And what the hell do you think you are saying about Andy Reid? The man is a saint.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:47 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Do you mean within the nfl or wider society?

Your point has some superficial merit. What if when you were a kid something terrible like this happened to you?

Then in fear of "Daddy" losing his job and the family breaking up Mommy and whoever else keep it quiet. Next you're told to never talk about it.

Finally they rationalize some BS to explain the violence to you. Then maybe buy you a toy. By now as a child you're totally confused. As a kid you can't process this and that is further psychological injury upon physical injury.

Actually, in reality the whole thing is a total lose lose situation no matter if the boss fires Daddy or not. This is only collateral damage to that of the original victim of the violence.

Child abuse can not be tolerated. There must be zero tolerance of this sort of behavior.

Surely the problem is going to get worse if daddy loses his job?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:57 pm

Pope Joan wrote:There should be a punishment for those who keep on making one bad prediction after another.

Bad on the draft

That guy with the funny updo on ESPN, who sounds like he's talking through clenched teeth, he's the worst

Yeah, Mel Kiper is a stooge. Glad the draft is over, cause he drops off TV after it's done til next draft.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

Hill would have been drafted by anyone in the league. He went in the 5th round. And by god he was great. People deserve second chances in life. Hill had his and wasted it. He shouldn't get a third- at least in the NFL.

And Kareem Hunt- I don't remember any concerns about him coming out the draft. I remember hearing about a couple incidents of altercations when he was out drinking in KC, but nothing terrible until the video came out. He was cut once the truth came out.

And what the hell do you think you are saying about Andy Reid? The man is a saint.

A saint? My argument is chiefly... the judge in his son's criminal case would likely differ...

Judge Steven O'Neill who sentenced Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's sons to jail likened the coach's home to "a drug emporium" and questioned whether his adult sons should live there.

He further added "There isn't any structure there that this court can depend upon." ----> http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3089753

Jerzylvania wrote:

Surely the problem is going to get worse if daddy loses his job?

That's strictly on your Daddy. It's no one else's fault. Daddy should act like a responsible adult or face the consequences. Most private and publicly held businesses don't want irresponsible people in their employ.
Would you want your kid's teacher or your kid's principal to be irresponsible? Would you tolerate that? I hope not.

We had this principal of a HS in my county who had affairs with a couple of the underage girls attending his school. Once this was revealed he was suspended immediately and eventually got incarcerated for 4 years.

Same logic can work for Mr. Hill, a suspension ...and I hope the door hits him on the ass on the way out of the NFL. A jailhouse door slamming may be the next door he encounters.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:36 pm

[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Browns, Indians and Cavs fan.
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
Compass:Left/Right:3.25; Authoritarian/Libertarian:1.28
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1159280
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Wed May 01, 2019 11:13 am

Raiders RB Isaiah Crowell tore his Achilles, and will have surgery that will keep him off the field for the 2019 season.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 01, 2019 11:52 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Pope Joan wrote:There should be a punishment for those who keep on making one bad prediction after another.

Bad on the draft

Yeah, Mel Kiper is a stooge. Glad the draft is over, cause he drops off TV after it's done til next draft.

Also still wears his hear like it’s 1982.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed May 01, 2019 11:54 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Well that’s disturbing.

Of course, so is punching a pregnant woman. Geez Louise, what a sack of horse manure.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 01, 2019 11:59 am

Haskins to wear #7.

Dwayne, does the phrase 'Tempting fate' mean anything to you?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Jamaal Charles signed a one day contract with Kansas City so he can retire as a Chief.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed May 01, 2019 4:22 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

Well that’s disturbing.

Of course, so is punching a pregnant woman. Geez Louise, what a sack of horse manure.

He's a dump truck, full of it. Stinks so bad!

Ameriganastan wrote:Haskins to wear #7.

Dwayne, does the phrase 'Tempting fate' mean anything to you?

Lawrence Taylor ain't around and the rules have changed in favor of keeping the QBs healthy. He could even decide to wear 13. :lol:
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Wed May 01, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sat May 04, 2019 1:51 am

This thread makes me sad this time of year. There's literally almost nothing to talk about. Draft pick signings are starting to happen, but that's really not too noteworthy. September, hurry up! :P
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General