NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:53 am

Shaz you might wanna spoiler that image.

Still flipping funny though. XD
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:28 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:He had his moments as a QB but the league's obsession with him means he will somehow end up in the HOF.

OJ Simpson is still in the HOF and he sucked as a football announcer on air personality too ...but not nearly as bad as Tony Romo.

Then there's that other thing with OJ but I don't want to scare anybody by going into that. Maybe another thread? smh.

Well OJ did have the greatest rushing season in NFL history and if not for the Bills being mega ass he'd probably be remembered as one of the best RBs ever instead of just a murderer. 5 straight all pros and an MVP make a good case for the hall.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
OJ Simpson is still in the HOF and he sucked as a football announcer on air personality too ...but not nearly as bad as Tony Romo.

Then there's that other thing with OJ but I don't want to scare anybody by going into that. Maybe another thread? smh.

Well OJ did have the greatest rushing season in NFL history and if not for the Bills being mega ass he'd probably be remembered as one of the best RBs ever instead of just a murderer. 5 straight all pros and an MVP make a good case for the hall.

I actually had the privilege watching him play in real time. Even saw him as a Trojan. He was all that.

However my point was the HOF indeed does include some personnel possessing blemishes of a personal sort. Some of those old timers in there are blatant racists too.

MLB HOF also has some nasty racists in there, most notably Ty Cobb. Strangely they won't let Pete Rose in (who broke Cobb's record for career base hits) because he gambled on games which he managed.

HOF are problematic.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:48 am

[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Browns, Indians and Cavs fan.
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
Compass:Left/Right:3.25; Authoritarian/Libertarian:1.28
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1159280
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:29 am

Far Easter Republic wrote:Countdown to the Draft

And that’s going on the OP if that’s cool with you.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:14 pm

You know what. I'm going with a rude opinion here but none of the QBs that go in the first round will be great pros. Unless The Human Snake Will Grier goes in the first, because why would nice things happen to football?
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:40 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:You know what. I'm going with a rude opinion here but none of the QBs that go in the first round will be great pros. Unless The Human Snake Will Grier goes in the first, because why would nice things happen to football?

I really hope Grier has a successful career in the NFL. He did great things for us at WVU. At the very least, he should be better tham Geno. Not that that's a very high bar to jump over.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:You know what. I'm going with a rude opinion here but none of the QBs that go in the first round will be great pros. Unless The Human Snake Will Grier goes in the first, because why would nice things happen to football?

I really hope Grier has a successful career in the NFL. He did great things for us at WVU. At the very least, he should be better tham Geno. Not that that's a very high bar to jump over.

He's a fucking snake and deserves nothing nice.
Anarchist

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:44 pm

Idzequitch wrote:

Even if he ends up a Cincinnati Bengal? He's also the son of a football coach. (East Carolina) Bet he'd love to play for the Panthers or just about anyone than the Bengals.

I dunno, but he might be the sort of guy who refuses to go where he's drafted. Elway and Eli Manning got away with that but they were number ones.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I really hope Grier has a successful career in the NFL. He did great things for us at WVU. At the very least, he should be better tham Geno. Not that that's a very high bar to jump over.

Even if he ends up a Cincinnati Bengal? He's also the son of a football coach. (East Carolina) Bet he'd love to play for the Panthers or just about anyone than the Bengals.

I dunno, but he might be the sort of guy who refuses to go where he's drafted. Elway and Eli Manning got away with that but they were number ones.

I hope the best for him as a person. Though I would prefer he not be a Bengal or a Pat.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:13 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I really hope Grier has a successful career in the NFL. He did great things for us at WVU. At the very least, he should be better tham Geno. Not that that's a very high bar to jump over.

He's a fucking snake and deserves nothing nice.

Not everyone who has drawn your ire has earned mine.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Idzequitch wrote:

Fucking WVU fans. You're as bad as Danielle
Anarchist

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Not everyone who has drawn your ire has earned mine.

Fucking WVU fans. You're as bad as Danielle

Don't know who Danielle is. Don't know how bad she is, or what that's supposed to mean about me. And I don't care, frankly. I would ask that you don't stereotype me, or the fanhoods I'm part of. Now I'm going to get back to football:

The Steelers have released Morgan Burnett. I hope they remember that this means they need to pick up a decent safety somewhere to replave him.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Fucking WVU fans. You're as bad as Danielle

Don't know who Danielle is. Don't know how bad she is, or what that's supposed to mean about me. And I don't care, frankly. I would ask that you don't stereotype me, or the fanhoods I'm part of. Now I'm going to get back to football:

The Steelers have released Morgan Burnett. I hope they remember that this means they need to pick up a decent safety somewhere to replave him.

Steelers and giants are in a self-destruct competition.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:54 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Don't know who Danielle is. Don't know how bad she is, or what that's supposed to mean about me. And I don't care, frankly. I would ask that you don't stereotype me, or the fanhoods I'm part of. Now I'm going to get back to football:

Steelers and giants are in a self-destruct competition.

We'll beat you yet (not on the field though. Just in self-destruction)
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Idzequitch wrote:

He took an over the counter medication, too. Probably just assumed it would be fine. I would.

Idzequitch wrote:

I think Grier’s gonna be a steal for whoever takes him. Dude looks like a stud to me, idk why guys like Daniel Jones are getting so much hype though.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:43 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Not everyone who has drawn your ire has earned mine.

He took an over the counter medication, too. Probably just assumed it would be fine. I would.

I think Grier’s gonna be a steal for whoever takes him. Dude looks like a stud to me, idk why guys like Daniel Jones are getting so much hype though.

Grier was in the Heisman conversation until WVU in general just fell off a cliff at the end of the season. I'm kinda surprised his draft stock isn't a bit higher than it seems to be.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:45 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Far Easter Republic wrote:Countdown to the Draft

And that’s going on the OP if that’s cool with you.

Yessssssssssssssssss
[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Browns, Indians and Cavs fan.
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
Compass:Left/Right:3.25; Authoritarian/Libertarian:1.28
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1159280
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Fucking bullshit fuckers with april fools jokes.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Reicheriet Soviets
Civilian

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Reicheriet Soviets » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:37 pm

NFL mock draft had D.K. Going 22. Definitely not. So many teams before need a WR, like buffalo, Oakland (now Vegas) giants etc. Also I hope someone takes Tyree Jackson from UB (as a buffalo sports fan)

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Reicheriet Soviets wrote:NFL mock draft had D.K. Going 22. Definitely not. So many teams before need a WR, like buffalo, Oakland (now Vegas) giants etc. Also I hope someone takes Tyree Jackson from UB (as a buffalo sports fan)

DK looking like Megatron out there, 22? Hell no.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:54 pm

I’VE BEEN FOOLED BY KIDS FOUR TIMES TODAY.
NO.
NOT A FIFTH TIME IDZ. XD
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:07 am

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:11 am

OK, the level of play wasn't good, but at least it wasn't the ridiculous spectacle that the XFL was.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General