NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:19 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Guaranteed moneys is for players who are guaranteed to play instead of throwing tantrums. And also not for people named Big Chest. What a weird person. Smh.

Yeah, I was referencing the Big Chest thing. That’s whack.

No hard feelings dude. Honestly the nickname made me laugh. Fame has made him flipping weird.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:06 pm

To no one's shock, the Steelers will not be using any kind of tag on LeVeon Bell, and he will proceed to free agency.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Idzequitch wrote:To no one's shock, the Steelers will not be using any kind of tag on LeVeon Bell, and he will proceed to free agency.

Hope no one gives him a job or someone is dumb enough to sign him and he turns their team to cancer.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:To no one's shock, the Steelers will not be using any kind of tag on LeVeon Bell, and he will proceed to free agency.

Hope no one gives him a job or someone is dumb enough to sign him and he turns their team to cancer.

Colts.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:46 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Ranoria wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-tells-interested-nfl-teams-to-call-him-only-wants-to-be-known-as-mr-big-chest-from-now-on/amp/

...what?

Yeah, fine. Y’all win. I take back everything I’ve ever said about him not being toxic.

Guaranteed moneys is for players who are guaranteed to play instead of throwing tantrums. And also not for people named Big Chest. What a weird person. Smh.

Antonio Brown wants to be called Big Chest?

I do believe that was Stormy Daniels' second choice as a stage name. I like her better than Brown bc she isn't such a whore.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Guaranteed moneys is for players who are guaranteed to play instead of throwing tantrums. And also not for people named Big Chest. What a weird person. Smh.

I do believe that was Stormy Daniels' second choice as a stage name. I like her better than Brown bc she isn't such a whore.

Brown would never sign up for $130K. Seriously.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hope no one gives him a job or someone is dumb enough to sign him and he turns their team to cancer.

Colts.

GM said they will not go after either of them. Someone linked the article fairly recently
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:16 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hope no one gives him a job or someone is dumb enough to sign him and he turns their team to cancer.

Colts.

I think the Jags are a sleeper here actually. Use their cap to sign Bell, and then draft Murray and a shitload of other offensive guys. They have a history of making big signings. Plus their locker room is already so damn toxic that it can’t get any worse.

EDIT:
Never mind, totally forgot about Fournette. Also they’re over the cap, which is surprising to me only because I feel like they always make a big splash or two in free agency. I’d say Jets and Colts are the two big names. Maybe San Fran?
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:30 pm

Anarchist

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Colts.

GM said they will not go after either of them. Someone linked the article fairly recently

PLEASE! Don't be so naive. This is a line from an organization which has told the worst lies in sports history . Robert Irsay - "I'm not moving the damn team!"

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

Brown would never sign up for $130K. Seriously.

Antonio Brown (aka Big Chest) is definitely more of a whore for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Meanwhile, Joe Flacco might actually surprise you. I have more relatives in Denver metro than any other place in USA. I hope he does well there... with the lone exception of when he plays our Ravens.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Brown would never sign up for $130K. Seriously.

Antonio Brown (aka Big Chest) is definitely more of a whore for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Meanwhile, Joe Flacco might actually surprise you. I have more relatives in Denver metro than any other place in USA. I hope he does well there... with the lone exception of when he plays our Ravens.

I think he’s gone from overrated to under in a very short time frame tbh. Wouldn’t that be an interesting renewal of the rivalry though? Ravens and Broncos faced off in the playoffs in the early 2010s didn’t they?
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:21 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

I think he’s gone from overrated to under in a very short time frame tbh. Wouldn’t that be an interesting renewal of the rivalry though? Ravens and Broncos faced off in the playoffs in the early 2010s didn’t they?

Yes they did in the playoffs, and that game went into double overtime with the Ravens winning 38-35 to advance to the AFC Championship against New England to go to the Super Bowl. (Which they won both)

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Robert Kraft owner of the New England Patriots accused of soliciting sex, police say

(CNN)New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is being charged with two counts of soliciting someone to commit prostitution, stemming from a raid in a day spa in Florida, police said Friday.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Dresderstan wrote:Robert Kraft owner of the New England Patriots accused of soliciting sex, police say

(CNN)New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is being charged with two counts of soliciting someone to commit prostitution, stemming from a raid in a day spa in Florida, police said Friday.

HAHAHAHAHA!

...I mean the human trafficking bit isn't funny. But as for who got busted...HAHAHAHA!
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:05 pm

This Weekend in the AAF:
Hotshots(2-0) at Stallions(0-2)
Express(0-2) at Apollos(2-0)
Iron(2-0) at Legends(0-2)
Commanders(1-1) at Fleet(1-1)
[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Browns, Indians and Cavs fan.
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
Compass:Left/Right:3.25; Authoritarian/Libertarian:1.28
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1159280
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:26 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Far Easter Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Easter Republic » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Bye bye, Cody.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I like that guy! I hope he gets a job in the AAF.
[box]Welcome to the Far Easter Republic, where political angles can be left, right, acute or obtuse.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀
Browns, Indians and Cavs fan.
8values: Centrist:https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=41.5&d=45.2&g=48.5&s=45.2
9axes:https://9axes.github.io/results.html?a=35&b=70&c=55&d=65&e=80&f=15&g=55&h=55&i=85
Compass:Left/Right:3.25; Authoritarian/Libertarian:1.28
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1159280
The difference between ISIS and Antifa is ISIS is Muslim, and Antifa wears jeans sometimes.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Bye bye, Cody.

Why they would get rid of the most accurate kicker in nfl history is beyond me.
Anarchist

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:05 pm

In an alternate universe Tim Tebow never got screwed over by Elway and he became a loved and respected quarterback across the sports world for his winning attitude and clutch performances. His stats would be nothing special nor would anyone call him the best or hand him probowls but he'd be Tim Tebow.
Anarchist

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:07 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA!

...I mean the human trafficking bit isn't funny. But as for who got busted...HAHAHAHA!

I bet he felt seriously deflated.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Dresderstan wrote:Robert Kraft owner of the New England Patriots accused of soliciting sex, police say

If you listen closely, you can hear my slow clapping. Way. To. Go.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:37 pm

He's a rich white man. He will not face a single penalty unless it turns out he raped someone and the hashtags go viral.
Anarchist

Partybus
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2007

Postby Partybus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:HAHAHAHAHA!

I bet he felt seriously deflated.

Next year the players can get down on two knees during the anthem to honor him :p

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
Ranoria wrote:I think he’s gone from overrated to under in a very short time frame tbh. Wouldn’t that be an interesting renewal of the rivalry though? Ravens and Broncos faced off in the playoffs in the early 2010s didn’t they?

Yes they did in the playoffs, and that game went into double overtime with the Ravens winning 38-35 to advance to the AFC Championship against New England to go to the Super Bowl. (Which they won both)

Those games were very special. Joe will always be loved in Baltimore no matter how things work out in Denver.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General