NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:07 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Fangio, Donatel and Scangarello.

My teams new coaching staff sounds like a Sopranos episode.

Or the Mighty Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Well 3/4 of TMNT.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:12 am

I hope Brown pulls a Bell and destroys his value and never plays another down. Then again there are teams stupid enough to pay Bell the money.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:19 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:I hope Brown pulls a Bell and destroys his value and never plays another down. Then again their are teams stupid enough to pay Bell the money.

Once upon a time, the Steelers were known as a team who didn't tolerate this brand of bullcrap. Seriously, bring Bill Cowher back and let him scream some sense into these prima donna jerks. Tomlin is soft. Soft doesn't cut it.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:35 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I hope Brown pulls a Bell and destroys his value and never plays another down. Then again their are teams stupid enough to pay Bell the money.

Once upon a time, the Steelers were known as a team who didn't tolerate this brand of bullcrap. Seriously, bring Bill Cowher back and let him scream some sense into these prima donna jerks. Tomlin is soft. Soft doesn't cut it.

Who the fuck are Joey Porter, Ben Roethlisberger, Jeff Reed, Plaxico Burress, James Harrison, Bam Morris??? Hell there are more 90s players we've probably forgotten. Steelers being a drama fueled franchise and under performing constantly is nothing new. They went 8-8 after the Super Bowl WITH Cowher.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:03 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Once upon a time, the Steelers were known as a team who didn't tolerate this brand of bullcrap. Seriously, bring Bill Cowher back and let him scream some sense into these prima donna jerks. Tomlin is soft. Soft doesn't cut it.

Who the fuck are Joey Porter, Ben Roethlisberger, Jeff Reed, Plaxico Burress, James Harrison, Bam Morris??? Hell there are more 90s players we've probably forgotten. Steelers being a drama fueled franchise and under performing constantly is nothing new. They went 8-8 after the Super Bowl WITH Cowher.

I normally don't bother responding to this type of post. But since you asked: First off, notice I specified Brown/Bell's brand of toxicity. Several of those players were released shortly following incidents with the law (which wasn't even the type of drama I was talking about, tbh). Harrison was released when he started fussing... More than once. Roethlisberger had his motorcycle thing which was silly. And his legal trouble which was never substantiated. But he's still not the drama queen detracting from the locker room. Porter is the only one who I might concede that you have a point.

Every team has some drama. In the past, Pittsburgh handled theirs decently well. Now they don't, and they're a flaming mess.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Who the fuck are Joey Porter, Ben Roethlisberger, Jeff Reed, Plaxico Burress, James Harrison, Bam Morris??? Hell there are more 90s players we've probably forgotten. Steelers being a drama fueled franchise and under performing constantly is nothing new. They went 8-8 after the Super Bowl WITH Cowher.

But he's still not the drama queen detracting from the locker room.

Wrong. Ben is a cancer who needs to be disposed of.
Anarchist

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:20 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:But he's still not the drama queen detracting from the locker room.

He is not the only one who needs to be disposed of, they need a full on purge and restructuring from the top down.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:24 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:But he's still not the drama queen detracting from the locker room.

If we want to be without a competent man running our offense, sure. Who do you replace him with? You wanna put Josh Flipping Dobbs in? How much do you hate this team? Disposing of Ben would only hasten the Steelers fall to irrelevance, which looks inevitable enough as it is.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:25 am

Idzequitch wrote:

You mean wanting to be payed like a top rb is payed and not having loyalty to a team that wants to franchise tag him year on year because they're too cheap to pay up?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:25 am

So I'm picking the old timers over the young guns. In other words...

Saints over Rams
Pats over Chiefs.

I REALLY hate picking NE, but this is Brady. Luck tends to bend over backwards for his cheating ass.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:30 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Once upon a time, the Steelers were known as a team who didn't tolerate this brand of bullcrap. Seriously, bring Bill Cowher back and let him scream some sense into these prima donna jerks. Tomlin is soft. Soft doesn't cut it.

You mean wanting to be payed like a top rb is payed and not having loyalty to a team that wants to franchise tag him year on year because they're too cheap to pay up?

I've been over this. They franchise tagged him because he turned his nose up at far more generous offers. They tried to accommodate him. He showed his true colors (Green for pure greed). Good riddance.

Also, based on the true colors he revealed, I'd suggest that NYJ, GB, or PHI would be the best fit for him :P
Last edited by Idzequitch on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:30 am

Dresderstan wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Wrong. Ben is a cancer who needs to be disposed of.

He is not the only one who needs to be disposed of, they need a full on purge and restructuring from the top down.

If Colbert has a job after this shit i'm done for good. I'll look for another team to piss my life away on. Sure the Bucs are suddenly competing for a top 4 seed but this is a Tampa sports team. They WILL fuck it up. They'll make Arians look like a dumb hire and Bowels will SOMEHOW make the defense worse.

What other teams not named Cleveland are there to root for???
Anarchist

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:31 am

They offered him 70 million dollars. 10mill more than Gurley mind you. So stop it.
Anarchist

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:31 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:He is not the only one who needs to be disposed of, they need a full on purge and restructuring from the top down.

If Colbert has a job after this shit i'm done for good. I'll look for another team to piss my life away on. Sure the Bucs are suddenly competing for a top 4 seed but this is a Tampa sports team. They WILL fuck it up. They'll make Arians look like a dumb hire and Bowels will SOMEHOW make the defense worse.

Always more room over here in Broncos country.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:44 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:If Colbert has a job after this shit i'm done for good. I'll look for another team to piss my life away on. Sure the Bucs are suddenly competing for a top 4 seed but this is a Tampa sports team. They WILL fuck it up. They'll make Arians look like a dumb hire and Bowels will SOMEHOW make the defense worse.

Always more room over here in Broncos country.

>Elway
No. He's OWNER levels of bad which is mildly funny considering that by default their owner is one of the better owners in the league. Elway also fucked over Tebow and gets nothing but hate from me for that.

Colts: Fuck Irsay. Good team that I don't hate. But still this year could be a fluke.
Chiefs: I will not be a fan of a team who's coach could beat me in a buffalo wing eating contest.
Raiders: Mark Davis the fisherman would be a better owner than Mark Davis Son Of Al Davis. I can only take so much punishment before I fuck off.
Ravens: Hey guys? Y'know there's this thing called acknowledging a rivalry? Try it instead of being the worst fanbase in the division.
Packers: Give em a few years then maybe. Ah hell I boo these guys unless they play a team I hate already.
Seahawks: Should have ran the ball. The resurgence of New England is your fault meatbags.
Giants: Any good will towards them is safely carried in the hands of Barkley.
Redskins: Fuck no Snyder is somehow the worst owner that hasn't committed a real crime. Also racism
Vikings: hahahahahhahahahaha you sold your cap to a guy who can't win!
Texans: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK just trade Watt to the Patriots for a 7th already.
Detroit: Hell has frozen over 3 times in the sports world and you still have no chance.

Fuck.

Speaking of horrible NFL fanbases I found the worst most obnoxious fan in all of football: Bryan Flaherty. Seriously go onto the Steelers facebook page and read this guy's comments. The broken capslock key and his ridiculous levels of OOF is why we call him Chief Armchair GM.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anarchist

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:36 am

Pop quiz:

Q: What position does Taysom Hill play?

A: Football
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:17 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Always more room over here in Broncos country.

>Elway
No. He's OWNER levels of bad which is mildly funny considering that by default their owner is one of the better owners in the league. Elway also fucked over Tebow and gets nothing but hate from me for that.

Colts: Fuck Irsay. Good team that I don't hate. But still this year could be a fluke.
Chiefs: I will not be a fan of a team who's coach could beat me in a buffalo wing eating contest.
Raiders: Mark Davis the fisherman would be a better owner than Mark Davis Son Of Al Davis. I can only take so much punishment before I fuck off.
Ravens: Hey guys? Y'know there's this thing called acknowledging a rivalry? Try it instead of being the worst fanbase in the division.
Packers: Give em a few years then maybe. Ah hell I boo these guys unless they play a team I hate already.
Seahawks: Should have ran the ball. The resurgence of New England is your fault meatbags.
Redskins: Fuck no Snyder is somehow the worst owner that hasn't committed a real crime. Also racism
Texans: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK just trade Watt to the Patriots for a 7th already.
Detroit: Hell has frozen over 3 times in the sports world and you still have no chance.

Fuck.

Speaking of horrible NFL fanbases I found the worst most obnoxious fan in all of football: Bryan Flaherty. Seriously go onto the Steelers facebook page and read this guy's comments. The broken capslock key and his ridiculous levels of OOF is why we call him Chief Armchair GM.

Hey, Cousins can win. He regularily wins 7 to 9 games a year!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Kohr wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:>Elway

Fuck.

I do think Cousins will do better next year as you have the weapons for him although that O-Line is going to need improvement. However, it seems that the Vikings struggle finding adequate people for coaching the offensive (Zimmer is somewhat to blame in terms of delegating too much responsibility to his offensive coaches/assistants). The team is there, just not piece together fully.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Kohr wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:>Elway

Fuck.

Against teams under 500
Anarchist

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Idzequitch wrote:

Yes. See one RB Bam Morris.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:08 pm

Ooh, Gladys Knight is singing the national anthem.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Ooh, Gladys Knight is singing the national anthem.

She's a pip.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:You mean wanting to be payed like a top rb is payed and not having loyalty to a team that wants to franchise tag him year on year because they're too cheap to pay up?

I've been over this. They franchise tagged him because he turned his nose up at far more generous offers. They tried to accommodate him. He showed his true colors (Green for pure greed). Good riddance.

Also, based on the true colors he revealed, I'd suggest that NYJ, GB, or PHI would be the best fit for him :P

GB would be a good fit for him, they've been crying out for a good RB for a long time now.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:07 pm

Idzequitch wrote:I've been over this. They franchise tagged him because he turned his nose up at far more generous offers. They tried to accommodate him. He showed his true colors (Green for pure greed). Good riddance.

GB would be a good fit for him, they've been crying out for a good RB for a long time now.

Aaron Jones is pretty good...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General