NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:10 pm

2nd place, baby. I'm coming for first.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Freezic Vast
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Chiefs over Chargers
Texans over Jets
Broncos over Browns
Falcons over Cards
Ravens over Bucs
Lions over Bills
Bears over Packers
Bengals over Raiders
Cowboys over Colts
Jags over Skins
Dolphins over Vikings
Giants over Titans
Seahawks over Niners
Steelers over Pats (I as a Ravens fan would rather the Black & Gold Brigade over the Evil Empire)
Rams over Eagles
Saints over Panthers
20 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like football, baseball and hockey, enjoy video games and TV. Music is love, music is life. I'm bi and conservative.
Nothing Breaks Like A Heart by Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus
Tired, and bored, need sleep.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Chief over Chargers
Texans over Jets
Browns over Broncos
Falcons over Cardinals
Cowboys over Colts
Bills over Lions
Bears over Packers
Vikings over Dolphins
Raiders over Bengals
Ravens over Buccaneers
Titans over Giants
Jaguars over Redskins
Seahawks over 49ers
Patriots over Steelers
Rams over Eagles
Saints over Panthers

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:2nd place, baby. I'm coming for first.

Zurkerx and Therm used to talk like that too. One of those guys, I think Therm, got lost in the azaleas. Remember now, my lawn is a dangerous lawn. The lawn ornaments have red eyes that see in the dark.

*gives you to a comfy 2nd/3rd place lawn chair and hands glass of fresh squeezed lemonade*
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Kohr wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:
I've yet to be to a football game so, let us know how you like it!

In other news, the Vikings have fired DeFilippo

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2550 ... -defilippo

Edit:

Damn it, late ninja'd!

You're an Eagles fan, right? Do you want him back? It seems like a lot of your fellow fans do.

I mean, he was a great QB coach, but I'm not sure if he would be able to fix the current problems the Eagles have. But there's no plans to hire him back it seems. However, we do need some better coaching staff.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:
I've yet to be to a football game so, let us know how you like it!

In other news, the Vikings have fired DeFilippo

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2550 ... -defilippo

Edit:

Damn it, late ninja'd!

Does anyone know anything about this Stefanski person?

Not really anything except that he dates back to the Childress era.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Well at least we get a nice draft pick this year. Hopefully we can beat someone before the season is over?
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Chiefs over Chargers
Texans over Jets
Broncos over Browns
Falcons over Cards
Ravens over Bucs
Lions over Bills
Bears over Packers
Bengals over Raiders
Cowboys over Colts
Jags over Skins
Dolphins over Vikings
Giants over Titans
Seahawks over Niners
Pats over Steelers
Rams over Eagles
Saints over Panthers
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Hard to believe the Steelers are two missed penalties from clinching the division.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:26 am

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Chief over Chargers
Texans over Jets
Browns over Broncos
Falcons over Cardinals
Cowboys over Colts
Bills over Lions
Bears over Packers
Vikings over Dolphins
Raiders over Bengals
Ravens over Buccaneers
Titans over Giants
Jaguars over Redskins
Seahawks over 49ers
Patriots over Steelers
Rams over Eagles
Saints over Panthers

Chiefs over Chargers
Texans over Jets
Browns over Broncos
Cards over Falcons
Colts over Cowboys
Bills over Lions
Packers over Bears
Vikings over Dolphins
Nuke them both (Bengals over Raiders)
Ravens over Bucs
Titans over Giants
Jags over Skins
Seahawks over Niners
Patriots over Steelers
Rams over Eagles
Saints over Panthers (LET’S GO!!!)
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 am

City of Oakland suing NFL. This sideshow just keeps getting better.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:50 am

Ameriganastan wrote:City of Oakland suing NFL. This sideshow just keeps getting better.

“In a news release announcing the suit, which also referred to the NFL as a "cartel," Oakland City Attorney Barbara J. Parker "recommended and the Oakland City Council authorized filing the lawsuit to recover damages resulting from the Raiders' illegal move to Las Vegas, including lost revenue, money that Oakland taxpayers invested in the Raiders and other costs."

The release stated that by approving the team's move to Las Vegas, the league was "boycotting Oakland in the marketplace for hosting a football club" and, thus, "violated federal antitrust laws while the Raiders' move also violated the NFL's own policies for team relocation."

Mark Davis is an idiot and the Raiders probably going to be kept from moving to Vegas with this lawsuit. Maybe...MAYBE...we can finally get Roger Goodell fired?
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Freezic Vast
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:35 am

New Sportsball this week... And of course Sacksonville Abbey and Days of our Steelers are still spun off.
20 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like football, baseball and hockey, enjoy video games and TV. Music is love, music is life. I'm bi and conservative.

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hard to believe the Steelers are two missed penalties from clinching the division.

Yeah, bc it's silly. The refs miss calls every game and not just at the end of them. Some teams do get burned more than others. But I feel safe in saying the Steelers are not one of those teams. Especially at Heinz Field or at old TRS.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Hell, the Steelers won a Superbowl on shitty reffing.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:City of Oakland suing NFL. This sideshow just keeps getting better.

Davis' family and the NFL owners are a joke So is the commissioner, Sideshow Rog. They always find a way to cash in, all the way around.

Let's review. Big Al D. moved the Raiders to LA in 1982 and started the whole NFL franchise movement nightmare. NFL made a ton $$$ too, even though ol' Dead AL was breaking their serious a$$ rules. He schooled the.

The first team to follow his example was the Colts when they skipped off to Indy. If Al hadn't of done it first the Colts' Irsay wouldn't have left Baltimore either. His move was a monkey see monkey do move. Bozo Bob never had that kind of courage or genius to come up with such a scheme to get new stadiums built by holding cities hostage and/or having a bidding war between a few towns. Dude was too much of a sot. In the end, Baltimore lucked out. In retrospect, getting rid of the NFL owned team by the Irsays was worth 12 years without an NFL team.

Did I tell you the Irsays tried to sell us back the Colts name in 1996? Only $25 million. Maybe worth $100 million today. Turned him down cold. Down in DC the 'Skins have a bonehead owner. That's mostly why they stopped going to Super Bowls.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Jerzyland wrote:

Davis' family and the NFL owners are a joke So is the commissioner, Sideshow Rog. They always find a way to cash in, all the way around.

Let's review. Big Al D. moved the Raiders to LA in 1982 and started the whole NFL franchise movement nightmare. NFL made a ton $$$ too, even though ol' Dead AL was breaking their serious a$$ rules. He schooled the.

The first team to follow his example was the Colts when they skipped off to Indy. If Al hadn't of done it first the Colts' Irsay wouldn't have left Baltimore either. His move was a monkey see monkey do move. Bozo Bob never had that kind of courage or genius to come up with such a scheme to get new stadiums built by holding cities hostage and/or having a bidding war between a few towns. Dude was too much of a sot. In the end, Baltimore lucked out. In retrospect, getting rid of the NFL owned team by the Irsays was worth 12 years without an NFL team.

Did I tell you the Irsays tried to sell us back the Colts name in 1996? Only $25 million. Maybe worth $100 million today. Turned him down cold. Down in DC the 'Skins have a bonehead owner. That's mostly why they stopped going to Super Bowls.

Thanks for the review, I did not remember all this stuff. Also, Mark Davis not only is an idiot, he looks like an idiot. The man has such a slappable face. And I’m not a slappy person.
-Alan Jackson

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Jerzyland wrote:

Thanks for the review, I did not remember all this stuff. Also, Mark Davis not only is an idiot, he looks like an idiot. The man has such a slappable face. And I’m not a slappy person.

Aye. A woman would likely know better which man has the most slappable face. I defer completely to your judgement, Lum. ;)

Besides, he's one of the NFL spoiled brat owners, anyway.

The now healthy Joe Flacco has been officially named the back up QB. Starter is now Lamar Jackson. Stay ready Joe.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Freezic Vast
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:55 pm

This week on Days of our Steelers

Umm actually Kohr change my pick from Steelers to the Pats.

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:This week on Days of our Steelers

Umm actually Kohr change my pick from Steelers to the Pats.

Done. Probably wise.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Jerzyland wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Thanks for the review, I did not remember all this stuff. Also, Mark Davis not only is an idiot, he looks like an idiot. The man has such a slappable face. And I’m not a slappy person.

Aye. A woman would likely know better which man has the most slappable face. I defer completely to your judgement, Lum. ;)

Besides, he's one of the NFL spoiled brat owners, anyway.

The now healthy Joe Flacco has been officially named the back up QB. Starter is now Lamar Jackson. Stay ready Joe.

Lol. :lol2:

Oh goodness here comes Yahoo with the sentimentalism! “IS IT THE END OF AN ERA1!?!1”
-Alan Jackson

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 am

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status ... 95681?s=21

Chiefs are going all the way. Kohr, please change my pick from chargers to KC
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:34 am

Chiefs over Chargers
Texans over Jets
Broncos over Browns (I my hate my team this year, but I'm never picking Shitland over them.)
Falcons over Cardinals
Bungles over Raiders
Dolphins over Vikings
Cowboys over Colts
Ravens over Bucs
Lions over Bills
Bears over Packers
Redskin potatoes over Jags
Titans over Giants
Seahawks over 49er's.
Pats over Steelers
Rams over Eagles
Saints over Panthetics.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:43 am

Kohr, you're doing a very nice job running the NationStates 2018 NFL picks on this thread. Thank you.

*tips cap*
Happy Holidays to you and all! :)

In no big surprise, I am picking the KC Chiefs for the win tonight on TNF. I'll be making my other picks for the week later. A couple of my picks in these other games need a bit more thought. I'm kinda busy with Christmas in just 11 or 12 days.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Chiefs over Chargers.

Other picks to come when I have a bit more time.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General