NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Ranoria wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:1. The Jets haven't looked any better this season.
2. Only the Bills Offense has been bad. The Defense has been dragged down by god awful starting field position and next to no rest between series.

Yeah, Bills D is very strong, which is a surprise to me. Darnold is terrible.

that's not Darnold playing...
also McCoy has more yards this half than the entire Jets Offense

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Idzequitch wrote:After an AFC North team beat up an NFC South team badly on Thursday, today the opposite is happening. The Saints had the ball 5 times in the first half in Cincy. They scored 5 touchdowns.

Hu D@!!!
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Idzequitch wrote:After an AFC North team beat up an NFC South team badly on Thursday, today the opposite is happening. The Saints had the ball 5 times in the first half in Cincy. They scored 5 touchdowns.

It would be apropos if the Cincy Bengals went by the name Cincy Sinners in this contest.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:I usually don't comment on the commercials during a TV broadcast of an NFL football game but here goes...

Col. Sanders hooking up with Aunt Jemima personified as a bottle is so wrong on so many levels. smh.

And beyond the obvious, everybody knows he should've hooked up with Uncle Ben because chicken goes better with rice than with waffles. But, come to think of it, they could perform as a menage a trois.

> Chicken doesn’t go with waffles.

This is a pretty substantial casus belli, good sir.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:

Hu D@!!!

As long as we can keep Cincy from scoring, we should be good!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm a big Browns fan right now. They need to keep it up and bury Atlanta.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:
Hu D@!!!

Where can I contact Alvin Kamara about a potential marriage proposal

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:
Hu D@!!!

45-7? I think we got this.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:I usually don't comment on the commercials during a TV broadcast of an NFL football game but here goes...

Col. Sanders hooking up with Aunt Jemima personified as a bottle is so wrong on so many levels. smh.

And beyond the obvious, everybody knows he should've hooked up with Uncle Ben because chicken goes better with rice than with waffles. But, come to think of it, they could perform as a menage a trois.

> Chicken doesn’t go with waffles.

This is a pretty substantial casus belli, good sir.

I'd take the rice before the waffles any day, dear friend, but it must be brown or wild rice. Waffles are good for breakfast. However, I am sure your regional tastes will vary, as does mileage. :lol:

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Kohr wrote:I'm a big Browns fan right now. They need to keep it up and bury Atlanta.

When was the last Sunday which Cleveland won their game by 17+ and the Bengals got beat by 35+ ?

These are strange times.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Why have the Chiefs got a habit of deciding to back off and give crap teams a chance in the second half?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Why have the Chiefs got a habit of deciding to back off and give crap teams a chance in the second half?

That tendency is what's going to put them at risk for elimination once they make the playoffs. I don't know what possesses them to do it though.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:33 pm

Kractero wrote:
Luminesa wrote:As long as we can keep Cincy from scoring, we should be good!

Where can I contact Alvin Kamara about a potential marriage proposal

You’ll have to find him in Metairie while he’s in practice, then bring the ring with you.
-Alan Jackson

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Why have the Chiefs got a habit of deciding to back off and give crap teams a chance in the second half?

That tendency is what's going to put them at risk for elimination once they make the playoffs. I don't know what possesses them to do it though.

They hate me. Kelce, Mahomes and Hill have combined for fuck all in the second half for my fantasy team.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kractero wrote:Where can I contact Alvin Kamara about a potential marriage proposal

You’ll have to find him in Metairie while he’s in practice, then bring the ring with you.

He lives downtown and walks home after every home game.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Colts and Jags. What an ending.

Fumble or not?
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:18 pm

ESPN's 'experts' are idiotic. Their number 1 defence pick earned me the fabulous score of -7.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:ESPN's 'experts' are idiotic. Their number 1 defence pick earned me the fabulous score of -7.

And who would that be?

And we all got screwed on the Patriots and Falcons game...
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:ESPN's 'experts' are idiotic. Their number 1 defence pick earned me the fabulous score of -7.

Welcome to the unpredictability of sports.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Zurkerx wrote:

And who would that be?

And we all got screwed on the Patriots and Falcons game...

Jets. I didn't check the news enough and thought the bills would be playing Peterman.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Yay Titans! What a complete win that was.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:50 pm

RiderSyl wrote:Yay Titans! What a complete win that was.

Yes! Now all we need is for the Patriots to drop their next six as well!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Surprising what can happen when you don’t get refballed and figure out that giving a 237 pound monster the football on the goal line is an amazing idea.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:56 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Ranoria wrote:Yeah, Bills D is very strong, which is a surprise to me. Darnold is terrible.

that's not Darnold playing...
also McCoy has more yards this half than the entire Jets Offense

I’m very aware. He’s still terrible.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:03 pm

No Gronk today, but it was quite interesting to see the 41 year old GOAT QB get beaten so badly. Tommy boy can't even make a run in an open field... :eyebrow: ...for a first down after making a reception anymore. Jesus.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General