NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:48 am

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzyland wrote:
Come on man... this woulda shoulda coulda argument is as joke. For instance, in 2006 the Ravens went 13-3, statistically great D, get the number 2 seed. They met the Colts at Baltimore. Rainy cold day but Colts are dome team, so good.. First drive, McNair takes them down the field on long time consuming drive but Jamal Lewis fumbles inside the 2 yard line. No points. Colts get a FG, take lead. There were no TDs that day, Just FGs. Ravens lost 15-6, Indy wins it's lone SB 3 weeks later.

But the D is still young and tough but the next year, 2007, the Ravens fall apart and go 5-11. Billick gets fired. Now you may not have doubts in your mind, but the players get them. Then things fall apart. Ringless Ryan Fitzpatrick has a history of falling apart. And Marshall? No rings either. Face it. The ball isn't round and bounces unpredictably. Same goes for the best laid plans that end up in tatters. I can give you countless other examples over the many years of teams that were believed unstoppable until crucial plays/injuries/coaching blunders/shit weather happened.

These woulda shoulda coulda arguments are fantasies of perfection that rarely occur irl.

Nah. I 100% believe Denver would’ve won back to back, or at the very least gone to the AFC Championship. Good example though. The only thing that really would hurt was Demarcus Ware getting hurt. Dude was on pace for 12 sacks before he broke his arm.

One can not account for all the random events which can happen here. They can't be quantified, plotted, graphed or even be known. This is why all the data in the world about football games can't reliably tell us the answers.

But yes, fans can still dream of what could have been. It's not much consolation though. In my experience it's always better to move on and hope those random events go your way the next time.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:15 am

Well here's a name I haven't heard in awhile. After last night's horrific showing, the Cardinals fired OC Mike McCoy. His replacement is former Jags/Steelers QB Byron Leftwich.

I like Byron. He inherited a mess, but I wish him luck in this endeavor. He's gonna need it.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:21 am

Idzequitch wrote:Well here's a name I haven't heard in awhile. After last night's horrific showing, the Cardinals fired OC Mike McCoy. His replacement is former Jags/Steelers QB Byron Leftwich.

I like Byron. He inherited a mess, but I wish him luck in this endeavor. He's gonna need it.

Well, Rookies tend to either dominate or suck their first year. My guess is that Rosen will improve, but for him to be good, the entire team needs to be overhaul.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 am

Idzequitch wrote:Well here's a name I haven't heard in awhile. After last night's horrific showing, the Cardinals fired OC Mike McCoy. His replacement is former Jags/Steelers QB Byron Leftwich.

I wonder where McCoy will turn up next.
Last edited by Kohr on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am

Kohr wrote:

I wonder where McCoy will turn up next.

After a failed stint as a head coach, and now being fired midseason two years running, I wonder who will actually hire the guy at all anymore.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Kohr wrote:I wonder where McCoy will turn up next.

After a failed stint as a head coach, and now being fired midseason two years running, I wonder who will actually hire the guy at all anymore.

Sears.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Kohr wrote:I wonder where McCoy will turn up next.

Always some division 2 college team that'll take NFL washouts.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:14 pm

Christ Undead. Even I would refuse that job.
Who next Colt "I could have been good if not for James Harrison" McCoy?
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 pm

We could have had RiRi as the halftime show this year.

Someone give Kapernick a job, quick. Maybe she'll change her mind.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:After a failed stint as a head coach, and now being fired midseason two years running, I wonder who will actually hire the guy at all anymore.

Always some division 2 college team that'll take NFL washouts.

Nowhere in Hell State U.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Jerzyland wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Always some division 2 college team that'll take NFL washouts.

Nowhere in Hell State U.

Last Chance U?
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzyland wrote:
Nowhere in Hell State U.

Last Chance U?

$orry A$$ U.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm

So I just remembered that the Redskins can’t be a joke because they have Alex Smith. Good looks.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Ranoria wrote:So I just remembered that the Redskins can’t be a joke because they have Alex Smith. Good looks.

Ah, but you forgot their bozo owner Dan Snyder. They've never gotten far since he's run the team. Dan's the Redskins' equivalent of the Orioles Owner and reigning Sultan of Swoon, Peter Angelos. :eyebrow:
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Jerzyland wrote:
Ranoria wrote:So I just remembered that the Redskins can’t be a joke because they have Alex Smith. Good looks.

Ah, but you forgot their bozo owner Dan Snyder. They've never gotten far since he's run the team. Dan's the Redskins' equivalent of the Orioles Owner and reigning Sultan of Swoon, Peter Angelos. :eyebrow:

And the fact that no one stays long in their skill positions.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:04 pm

The Browns traded Carlos Hyde to Jacksonville. Apparently they like Nick Chubb a lot if they're dealing Hyde.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Idzequitch wrote:The Browns traded Carlos Hyde to Jacksonville. Apparently they like Nick Chubb a lot if they're dealing Hyde.

And Tennessee’s still going to sweep them on their way to a 7-9 season. Then they’ll watch jacksonville win a playoff game.
Lumi is my NS mom

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:11 am

Idzequitch wrote:The Browns traded Carlos Hyde to Jacksonville. Apparently they like Nick Chubb a lot if they're dealing Hyde.

Hyde hasn't been playing great, that and he us getting close to 30 and RBs have s short shelf life. Might as well. Thst and Jacksonville is 18th in rushing so they needed help, in small doses he is fine.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 am

Picks are underlined.

Titans @ Chargers
Patriots @ Bears
Bills @ Colts
Texans @ Jaguars
Lions @ Dolphins
Vikings @ Jets
Browns @ Buccaneers
Panthers @ Eagles
Saints @ Ravens
Cowboys @ Redskins
Rams @ 49ers
Bengals @ Chiefs
Giants @ Falcons

Sorry this is a tad bit later than usual, but it's been a busy week with my travels.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 am

What did they get for Mr. Hyde?
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:22 am

Jerzylvania wrote:

5th rounder. It’s not much but it’s something, at least. I think, personally, If have shot for a fourth.
Lumi is my NS mom

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:46 am

Ranoria wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

5th rounder. It’s not much but it’s something, at least. I think, personally, If have shot for a fourth.

Fournette's recovery may be looking slower than expected in the light of this sort of move.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:

Dr. Jekyll, one could hope.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:08 pm

How are the Browns continually so stupid?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Stop me if you've heard this one before:

The NFL fined Vontaze Burfict a total of $112,000 for two dirty hits on Antonio Brown and James Conner. This guy is never gonna learn.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General