NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:he managed to make it to a pro bowl on a Browns team, so...

If a pro-bowl if your most notable career highlight, you're clearly not all that. Hell, I had to Google who the Hell he was.

I remembered who he was. He actually almost had a .500 record in BrownTown. But I was shocked that he was still around. He's ancient Browns history. They must have had a dozen starting QB's since him.

*Googles*

17. There have been 17 different starting QB's in Cleveland since Anderson last started a game there ('09).
Last edited by Idzequitch on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:If a pro-bowl if your most notable career highlight, you're clearly not all that. Hell, I had to Google who the Hell he was.

I remembered who he was. He actually almost had a .500 record in BrownTown. But I was shocked that he was still around. He's ancient Browns history. They must have had a dozen starting QB's since him.

*Googles*

17. There have been 17 different starting QB's in Cleveland since Anderson last started a game there ('09).

9 years, 17 QB's.

Only in Cleveland.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:38 am

I've been out of state all week until today. I won't be making my full list of picks until later.

But for tonight's miserable game I am picking...

*pause ...then a deep breath*

The Arizona Cardinals. So, God help me.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 am

Cardinals over Broncos
Chargers over Titans
Eagles over Panthers
Vikings over jets
Colts over Bills
Patriots over Bears
Browns over Bucs
Jaguars over Texans
Dolphins over Lions
Saints over Ravens
Redskins over Cowboy
Rams over 49'ers
Chiefs over Bungles
Falcons over Giants
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Kohr wrote:For transparency's sake, I'll notify everyone that I switched some of my picks. I'm now going with the Broncos, Colts, and Cowboys.

Something about those teams makes me wonder whether you'd prefer living on a ranch. ;)

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 pm

You guys are making it really tempting to switch my pick to the Cardinals tonight. But I must stick to my guns. The home team can't win every Thursday Night game, can they? I'm probably taking an L on this one. But it's a chance I must take.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Idzequitch wrote:You guys are making it really tempting to switch my pick to the Cardinals tonight. But I must stick to my guns. The home team can't win every Thursday Night game, can they? I'm probably taking an L on this one. But it's a chance I must take.

I mean, the Giants lost last week and they were home so...
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:You guys are making it really tempting to switch my pick to the Cardinals tonight. But I must stick to my guns. The home team can't win every Thursday Night game, can they? I'm probably taking an L on this one. But it's a chance I must take.

...good point. I didn't watch and then forgot about that one. So now I'm betting on that happening twice in a row.

Dang it, Zurk, you're not helping! :P
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

...good point. I didn't watch and then forgot about that one. So now I'm betting on that happening twice in a row.

I think this game is closer to a toss up than that Eagles at Giant game... don't you? It could really go either way.

IMHO, this game tonight depends more on which team has the most players who actually hate the shitty taste of losing in their mouths the most ...and feel like doing something athletic about it. Who really knows with these guys.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:...good point. I didn't watch and then forgot about that one. So now I'm betting on that happening twice in a row.

I think this game is closer to a toss up than that Eagles at Giant game... don't you? It could really go either way.

IMHO, this game tonight depends more on which team has the most players who actually hate the shitty taste of losing in their mouths the most ...and feel like doing something athletic about it. Who really knows with these guys.

I agree. It is a tossup. Thus why I'm so tempted to change my pick. But I've found that I get a lot more games wrong when I second guess myself. Which I guess you can tell that I've been doing a fair amount :P
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

Hey, it's my job to insert, well, questioning thoughts...

*fills up a needle filled with doubt.

Jerzylvania wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:...good point. I didn't watch and then forgot about that one. So now I'm betting on that happening twice in a row.

I do agree it's a toss-up but, I do believe that the Broncos are the better of the two shitty teams, as long as the Broncos defense doesn't choke and Keenum is smart with the ball.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

I agree. It is a tossup. Thus why I'm so tempted to change my pick. But I've found that I get a lot more games wrong when I second guess myself. Which I guess you can tell that I've been doing a fair amount :P

I'm 2-1 on second guessed games. But last Sunday I had a strong urge to switch to LAC and dump CLE 30 minutes before kickoff and stayed with CLE. Oops. :o

The Bear-Pats game will give me fits until I know whether Khalil Mack is playing... and I am conflicted about the Browns and Bucs game. This one, lol, could be another damn tie.

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Kohr wrote:For transparency's sake, I'll notify everyone that I switched some of my picks. I'm now going with the Broncos, Colts, and Cowboys.

Something about those teams makes me wonder whether you'd prefer living on a ranch. ;)

Ha! Didn't even notice that.

But I decided that if the Cardinals can get dominated by our pathetic ground game, then Case Keenum's offense should also be able to take care of business.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Kohr wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

Ha! Didn't even notice that.

But I decided that if the Cardinals can get dominated by our pathetic ground game, then Case Keenum's offense should also be able to take care of business.

When ifs and buts are candy and nuts, we'll all have a Merry Christmas. Now, keep in mind that no one really knows exactly what night Jesus was actually born.

*scratches beard and glances at the empty spaces under most dates on the kitchen wall calendar*

Hey, it could have been October 18th. ;)

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Kohr wrote:Ha! Didn't even notice that.

When ifs and buts are candy and nuts, we'll all have a Merry Christmas. Now, keep in mind that no one really knows exactly what night Jesus was actually born.

*scratches beard and glances at the empty spaces under most dates on the kitchen wall calendar*

Yes, of course predictions mean nothing if you get down to it. But if it wasn’t fun to speculate, we wouldn’t have a picks league!

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Kohr wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

Yes, of course predictions mean nothing if you get down to it. But if it wasn’t fun to speculate, we wouldn’t have a picks league!

For argument's sake ...to be sure.

Zona's off to a horrible start and Joe Buck is already babbling nonstop.

*reaches for mute button*
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Suddenly, I'm very glad that I didn't change my pick.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Broncos lookin tight

I'm so proud I did my research and got my pick right...
Last edited by The South Falls on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:29 pm

I wonder if Rosen's regretting those words he said after the draft...

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Idzequitch wrote:Suddenly, I'm very glad that I didn't change my pick.

A wise choice, my friend. All I need is Lindsay to get me some points at this stage.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Jerzyland wrote:
Kohr wrote:Yes, of course predictions mean nothing if you get down to it. But if it wasn’t fun to speculate, we wouldn’t have a picks league!

NFL announcers are required, contractually, to speak a certain rather high number of words during each broadcast. *nod*
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:53 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:I wonder if Rosen's regretting those words he said after the draft...

Nope. He’s a beast. Has the worst supporting cast by far of the QBs who were drafted tho.

Edit: no, that does not include Josh Allen. Because Josh Allen isn’t a quarterback, he’s a joke.
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Ranoria wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:I wonder if Rosen's regretting those words he said after the draft...

Nope. He’s a beast. Has the worst supporting cast by far of the QBs who were drafted tho.

That's debatable. I could argue the Bills have equal to worst supporting cast, despite having only two wins.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzyland wrote:

NFL announcers are required, contractually, to speak a certain rather high number of words during each broadcast. *nod*

True. However, sometimes, silence isn't bad for short periods.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:NFL announcers are required, contractually, to speak a certain rather high number of words during each broadcast. *nod*

True. However, sometimes, silence isn't bad for short periods.

Oh, I agree. Once upon a time, NBC showed an NFL game with no announcers at all. People hated that. I think something in between that and the incessant, often mindless, babble would be a good goal to try for.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General