NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Thread v2: The 2020 NFL Season!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Super Bowl Championship: Who’s the winner?

Kansas City Chiefs and Patty freaking Mahomes
56%
Seattle Seahawks, Let Russ Cool!
44%

Total votes : 9

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:38 pm

Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 pm

Ranoria wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dUhmS5jNYg

Get this man a contract.

Schefty is my absolute favorite NFL reporter. Used to follow him at NFL Network, then followed him to ESPN. He often posts stories to social media in the middle of the night, leading to rumors that the man doesn't sleep. And also he's got a sense of humor, as seen here.

Stay cool, Schefter.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:22 am

Colts @ Patriots
Titans @ Bills
Giants @ Panthers
Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Browns
Packers @ Lions
Jaguars @ Chiefs
Broncos @ Jets
Falcons @ Steelers
Raiders @ Chargers
Vikings @ Eagles
Cardinals @ 49ers
Rams @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Texans
Redskins @ Saints

Jerzy ^picks for week 5. Subject to possible revisions. I am 1-1 on revised picks this year.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:05 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Colts @ Patriots
Titans @ Bills
Giants @ Panthers
Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Browns
Packers @ Lions
Jaguars @ Chiefs
Broncos @ Jets
Falcons @ Steelers
Raiders @ Chargers
Vikings @ Eagles
Cardinals @ 49ers
Rams @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Texans
Redskins @ Saints

Jerzy ^picks for week 5. Subject to possible revisions. I am 1-1 on revised picks this year.

Quite interesting you are taking the Redskins over the Saints. While the Saints' D ain't that great, their offense has been saving them. It'll probably be close given we have two good QBs playing against each other.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:07 am

Is Mixon likely to be playing this week?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:29 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Colts @ Patriots
Titans @ Bills
Giants @ Panthers
Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Browns
Packers @ Lions
Jaguars @ Chiefs
Broncos @ Jets
Falcons @ Steelers
Raiders @ Chargers
Vikings @ Eagles
Cardinals @ 49ers
Rams @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Texans
Redskins @ Saints

Man, what I ever did to you to deserve this.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:34 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Is Mixon likely to be playing this week?

Rumor has it yes, especially since Bernard hasn't practice in the past two days (and the fact that Mixon has had limited practice).
Last edited by Zurkerx on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Colts @ Patriots
Titans @ Bills
Giants @ Panthers
Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Browns
Packers @ Lions
Jaguars @ Chiefs
Broncos @ Jets
Falcons @ Steelers
Raiders @ Chargers
Vikings @ Eagles
Cardinals @ 49ers
Rams @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Texans
Redskins @ Saints

Man, what I ever did to you to deserve this.

Whooaa dare. Nuthin' personal, Lum. Ahh railly ratha de Saints ween dis here game. Dis is jus' one o' de coupla games ahh am sittin' on de fence 'bout. Skins be cummin off a bae.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 pm

All of you who are picking Pittsburgh: I hope you're right. But I really don't think you are.

Then again, I've gotten the Steeler pick wrong every week so far.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Idzequitch wrote:All of you who are picking Pittsburgh: I hope you're right. But I really don't think you are.

Speaking of picks, is anyone else picking for tonight?

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Idzequitch wrote:All of you who are picking Pittsburgh: I hope you're right. But I really don't think you are.

ATL is a team that has given me fits over the years. They do the opposite of my pick on their game more than any other team.

OTOH, on a subconscious level, I may have picked PITT just to make sure they lose. Wouldn't that be wild? But, umm, I wouldn't know about that consciously. No sir.

*shields eyes from swinging antique pocket watch*
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Jerzyland wrote:

ATL is a team that has given me fits over the years. They do the opposite of my pick on their game more than any other team.

OTOH, on a subconscious level, I may have picked PITT just to make sure they lose. Wouldn't that be wild? But, umm, I wouldn't know about that consciously. No sir.

*shields eyes from swinging antique pocket watch*

I may have been guilty of that too. The Steelers beat the Bucs last time I picked against them. Maybe they'll do it again if I pick Atlanta.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Yeah, it seems the Patriots are well, the Patriots. Slow to start but, once they go, there ain't nothin stopin them.

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Zurkerx wrote:Yeah, it seems the Patriots are well, the Patriots. Slow to start but, once they go, there ain't nothin stopin them.

The Colts are who we thought they were. No big deal beating the Irsayinapolis Colts. I know these guys. Luck won't be right until next year anyway bc these severe injuries take a long time to heal 100%. Losing a bunch of games this year anyway possible is fine. Just do whatever is needed to get a top 5 pick in the draft. Maybe even go for 4th and 4 from your own 42 with 27 seconds in OT... then throw the ball into the ground in front of your wide open receiver. Oh yeah. :twisted:
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Jerzyland wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:Yeah, it seems the Patriots are well, the Patriots. Slow to start but, once they go, there ain't nothin stopin them.

The Colts are who we thought they were. No big deal beating the Irsayinapolis Colts. I know these guys. Luck won't be right until next year anyway bc these severe injuries take a long time to heal 100%. Losing a bunch of games this year anyway possible is fine. Just do whatever is needed to get a top 5 pick in the draft. Maybe even go for 4th and 4 from your own 42 with 27 seconds in OT... then throw the ball into the ground in front of your wide open receiver. Oh yeah. :twisted:

Something makes me thing this makes you happy. Way too happy.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 pm

Yeah, I knew this game would be a wash. I think I'll watch Doctor Who instead of the rest.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Yeah, I knew this game would be a wash. I think I'll watch Doctor Who instead of the rest.

Well, I'm 1-0 for the week. You?
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:06 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yeah, I knew this game would be a wash. I think I'll watch Doctor Who instead of the rest.

Well, I'm 1-0 for the week. You?

Same as you. Literally everyone in there picked New England.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Well, I'm 1-0 for the week. You?

Same as you. Literally everyone in there picked New England.

So we know who isn't a ťřůę colts fan.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:13 pm

White has gotten me some good points for fantasy already, I'm happy regardless who wins tonight.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:45 pm

Alright guys, here’s some dudes in the NFL who I think, if they retired today, would be inducted into the HoF.

QBs:
Tom Brady: Self explanatory. Arguably the best Q of all time.
Aaron Rodgers: Absolutely insane to watch this guy play. No doubt in my mind. 2x MVP, 2x conference champ(right?), Hail Mary king, super bowl champ, multiple time 40 TD passer.
My long shot: Russell Wilson. He’s unbelievable to watch, and his super bowl win, 2 conference championships, are nice. I don’t know if his production is enough, however, with 23,000 passing yards and 168 TDs (to only 59 INT!), but 3,300 rushing yards and 16 scores there doesn’t hurt.

RBs:
Adrian Peterson: ‘nuff said. Had a 2,000 hard MVP season, over 100 career rushing scores. 12,500 career rushing yards. Monster.
Marshawn Lynch: A guy who’s approaching 13,000 total yards and 90 total TDs, has 10,000 rushing yards and 84 scores there, along with his legendary ‘beast quake’ run, Lynch was a borderline HoF player before coming back. Now, he’s in imo.
My long shot: Frank Gore. Gore has 14,100 career rushing yards, almost 80 scores. Now, I know that he gets ripped for not being a super productive guy year to year, and just producing due to longevity. But I think people forget the runner that he used to be. This guy has 7 career seasons over 1,100 yards, two more over 1,000. He was 3rd in the NFL in rushing with 1,695 yards. 49ers all time leader in rushing yards and scores. 1 time all pro, 5 time pro bowler.

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald. One of the all time leaders in pretty much every significant receiving category. No brainer here, honestly.
Julio Jones: the amount of times that this guy has gone off for over 250 yards, 3, is insane. He’s going to have 10,000 receiving yards st the end of the season, and his 2015 year is good for 2nd most yards in a season all time, I believe.
Antonio Brown: Best in the NFL right now, and his 2015 season is right there with Jones’s. Also, already over 10,000 yards, and he has 5 straight seasons of over a hundred catches, 1,250 yards, and 8 scores.
Brandon Marshall: over 12,000 career receiving yards, nearly a thousand career catches, and 83 touchdowns.
My long shot: AJ Green. Maybe not a huge long shot, but 8,500 career yards, 500 catches, to go along with 7 pro bows and 4 all pros.

TE:
Gronk. Too 2 TE all time. Done.
Antonio Gates. Insane production and longevity. Second season where he’s pushed retirement to the side, now, in order to help out his squad.
Greg Olsen. unreal production over his career. 8,500 yards is insane for a tight end, and he might have three to four more ears in him.
My long shot: Jimmy Graham. Also maybe not a long shot, but I’m pretty sure this guy led the NFL in receiving in 2010 or something, and is damn close to 7,000 career yards, already owning 70 touchdowns.

OL:
Marshal Yanda. a, what, 6 time pro bowler? He’s consistently one of the best OL in the NFL.
Alex Mack. Dude’s a stud, through and through. 5 time pro bowler who was a key cog in Atlanta’s super bowl run, and had that memorable moment last year in which he dragged Freeman into the end zone. Three time all pro.
Jason Peters. Dude has been great for a long time. A shocking 9 pro bowls and 6 all pros, and he’s in his 15th season.
My long shot: Andrew Whitworth: 3 time all pro, 4 time pro bowl, one first team all pro being last year at age 36.

DL:
J.J. Watt: 3 time DPOY. 2 20 sack season. 1st ballot.
Von Miller: yeah, ik, he’s an OLB, but he’s a pass rusher. 83 career sacks and the dominant playoff run in 2015, ending with the super bowl mvp award.
Cameron Wake: 93 career sacks, incredible longevity, 4 time all pro, 5 time pro bowl, and his time in the CFL, 2 Defensive MVPs and 39 sacks.
My long shot:Calais Campbell: only 74 career sacks, but this dude has been a force throughout his career, and last year’s

To be continueddominant season will give him a push in my opinion.
Last edited by Ranoria on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:43 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Alright guys, here’s some dudes in the NFL who I think, if they retired today, would be inducted into the HoF.

QBs:
Aaron Rodgers: Absolutely insane to watch this guy play. No doubt in my mind. 2x MVP, 2x conference champ(right?), Hail Mary king, super bowl champ, multiple time 40 TD passer.
My long shot: Russell Wilson. He’s unbelievable to watch, and his super bowl win, 2 conference championships, are nice. I don’t know if his production is enough, however, with 23,000 passing yards and 168 TDs (to only 59 INT!), but 3,300 rushing yards and 16 scores there doesn’t hurt.

RBs:
Adrian Peterson: ‘nuff said. Had a 2,000 hard MVP season, over 100 career rushing scores. 12,500 career rushing yards. Monster.
Marshawn Lynch: A guy who’s approaching 13,000 total yards and 90 total TDs, has 10,000 rushing yards and 84 scores there, along with his legendary ‘beast quake’ run, Lynch was a borderline HoF player before coming back. Now, he’s in imo.
My long shot: Frank Gore. Gore has 14,100 career rushing yards, almost 80 scores. Now, I know that he gets ripped for not being a super productive guy year to year, and just producing due to longevity. But I think people forget the runner that he used to be. This guy has 7 career seasons over 1,100 yards, two more over 1,000. He was 3rd in the NFL in rushing with 1,695 yards. 49ers all time leader in rushing yards and scores. 1 time all pro, 5 time pro bowler.

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald. One of the all time leaders in pretty much every significant receiving category. No brainer here, honestly.
Julio Jones: the amount of times that this guy has gone off for over 250 yards, 3, is insane. He’s going to have 10,000 receiving yards st the end of the season, and his 2015 year is good for 2nd most yards in a season all time, I believe.
Antonio Brown: Best in the NFL right now, and his 2015 season is right there with Jones’s. Also, already over 10,000 yards, and he has 5 straight seasons of over a hundred catches, 1,250 yards, and 8 scores.
Brandon Marshall: over 12,000 career receiving yards, nearly a thousand career catches, and 83 touchdowns.
My long shot: AJ Green. Maybe not a huge long shot, but 8,500 career yards, 500 catches, to go along with 7 pro bows and 4 all pros.

TE:
Antonio Gates. Insane production and longevity. Second season where he’s pushed retirement to the side, now, in order to help out his squad.
Greg Olsen. unreal production over his career. 8,500 yards is insane for a tight end, and he might have three to four more ears in him.
My long shot: Jimmy Graham. Also maybe not a long shot, but I’m pretty sure this guy led the NFL in receiving in 2010 or something, and is damn close to 7,000 career yards, already owning 70 touchdowns.

OL:
Marshal Yanda. a, what, 6 time pro bowler? He’s consistently one of the best OL in the NFL.
Alex Mack. Dude’s a stud, through and through. 5 time pro bowler who was a key cog in Atlanta’s super bowl run, and had that memorable moment last year in which he dragged Freeman into the end zone. Three time all pro.
Jason Peters. Dude has been great for a long time. A shocking 9 pro bowls and 6 all pros, and he’s in his 15th season.
My long shot: Andrew Whitworth: 3 time all pro, 4 time pro bowl, one first team all pro being last year at age 36.

DL:
Von Miller: yeah, ik, he’s an OLB, but he’s a pass rusher. 83 career sacks and the dominant playoff run in 2015, ending with the super bowl mvp award.
Cameron Wake: 93 career sacks, incredible longevity, 4 time all pro, 5 time pro bowl, and his time in the CFL, 2 Defensive MVPs and 39 sacks.
My long shot:Calais Campbell: only 74 career sacks, but this dude has been a force throughout his career, and last year’s

Brady got TD #500 tonight too. Brees could be right behind him on Monday.

Speaking of Brees, there's no way in this reality that he doesn't make HOF. Roethlisberger either, tbh.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Ranoria wrote:

QBs:

RBs:

WR:

TE:

OL:

DL:

Brady got TD #500 tonight too. Brees could be right behind him on Monday.

Speaking of Brees, there's no way in this reality that he doesn't make HOF. Roethlisberger either, tbh.

Yep, for sure. I just kinda did QBs that popped into my head. The other dudes I went team by team
Lumi is my NS mom

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Patriots over Colts
Broncos over Jets
Packers over Lions
Panthers over Giants
Bills over Titans
Falcons over Steelers
Ravens over Browns
Bengals over Dolphins
Chiefs over Jaguars
Chargers over Raiders
Vikings over Eagles
Rams over Seahawks
Niners over Cardinals
Cowboys over Texans
Saints over Redskins
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:06 am

Not gonna lie, Brady didn’t deserve those two INTs on his stat sheet...but I won’t complain.
Lumi is my NS mom

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General