NATION

PASSWORD

LWDT VI: Kropotkin's Bread Dead Redemption.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Form of Leftism is The Best?

Left-Libertarianism
55%
Yes
29%
Left-Authoritarianism
16%

Total votes : 228

Democratic Communist Federation
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Firaxin wrote:
Democratic Communist Federation wrote:
IMO, technocracy would likely lead to social alienation, not progress. Real people have empathy. Even the most advanced computer does not.

People are biological computers, checkmate.

Checkmate? lol. How does that relate to my point about empathy?
Ššālōm ʿălēyəḵẹm, Mōšẹh ʾẠhărōn hạ•Lēwiy bẹn Hẹʿrəšẹʿl (Hebrew/Yiddish, מֹשֶׁה אַהֲרֹן הַלֵוִי בֶּן הֶערְשֶׁעל)
third campismLibertarian Marxist Social Fictioncritical realismAntifaDialectical metaRealism ☝️ The
MarkFoster.NETwork
You are welcome as an embassy of Antifa Dialectical metaRealism. Our ♥️ ḏik°r
(Arabic, ذِكْر. remembrance): Yā Bahāˁ ʾal•⫯Ab°haỳ, wa•yā ʿAliyy ʾal•⫯Aʿ°laỳ! (Arabic, !يَا بَهَاء لأَبْهَى ، وَيَا عَلِيّ الأَعْلَى)
Code: Select all
[color=#ff0000]Member,[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=democratic_communist_federation/detail=factbook/id=870177][color=#ff0000][u]Antifa Dialectical metaRealism[/u][/color][/url]

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Ardoki wrote:That is why ideally psychiatrists and psychologists would help develop policies and programs to battle alienation.

As a sociologist, I am very skeptical of the ability of psychiatrists and psychologists to battle alienation.
Ššālōm ʿălēyəḵẹm, Mōšẹh ʾẠhărōn hạ•Lēwiy bẹn Hẹʿrəšẹʿl (Hebrew/Yiddish, מֹשֶׁה אַהֲרֹן הַלֵוִי בֶּן הֶערְשֶׁעל)
third campismLibertarian Marxist Social Fictioncritical realismAntifaDialectical metaRealism ☝️ The
MarkFoster.NETwork
(Arabic, ذِكْر. remembrance): Yā Bahāˁ ʾal•⫯Ab°haỳ, wa•yā ʿAliyy ʾal•⫯Aʿ°laỳ! (Arabic, !يَا بَهَاء لأَبْهَى ، وَيَا عَلِيّ الأَعْلَى)
[color=#ff0000]Member,[/color] [url=https://www.nationstates.net/nation=democratic_communist_federation/detail=factbook/id=870177][color=#ff0000][u]Antifa Dialectical metaRealism[/u][/color][/url]

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Mardla wrote:Libertarian is innately anti-authoritarian, though.

I agree that left-libertarianism is, by definition, anti-authoritarian.
MarkFoster.NETwork

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Mardla wrote:I said a government to be a government must have the right to kill those who resist it. Note that resistance includes more than simply speaking out against a government, it also includes resisting arrest, etc.

Then you appear to have a very authoritarian view of governance.
MarkFoster.NETwork

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Mardla wrote:And if the community votes to murder someone?

Any community that has a right to vote on killing someone ceases to be a community.
MarkFoster.NETwork

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Mardla wrote:Libertarian is innately anti-authoritarian, though.

I agree that left-libertarianism is, by definition, anti-authoritarian.

Horseshit.

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Loben wrote:
Democratic Communist Federation wrote:I agree that left-libertarianism is, by definition, anti-authoritarian.

Horseshit.

Blunt, aren't you? I am a left-libertarian and I am anti-authoritarian.
MarkFoster.NETwork

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Loben wrote:
Horseshit.

Blunt, aren't you? I am a left-libertarian and I am anti-authoritarian.

so do you see yourself running a Gulag after you glorious revolution?

Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Democratic Communist Federation » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Loben wrote:so do you see yourself running a Gulag after you glorious revolution?

Um, no. You are confusing left-libertarianism with (so-called) left-authoritarianism.
MarkFoster.NETwork

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:36 pm

the left-lib -> left-auth pipeline is real anyways
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:the left-lib -> left-auth pipeline is real anyways

What's weird is that my pipeline was right-lib --> left-lib.

Also you cant steal our talking point.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Mardla
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Mardla wrote:I said a government to be a government must have the right to kill those who resist it. Note that resistance includes more than simply speaking out against a government, it also includes resisting arrest, etc.

Then you appear to have a very authoritarian view of governance.

Government is innately authoritarian.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Valrifell wrote:What's weird is that my pipeline was right-lib --> left-lib.

Only smart individuals can afford to become structural right-libs as per scientifical proof on the positive correlation between IQ and right-libertarian positions

Valrifell wrote:Also you cant steal our talking point.

Sorry but as an ebbil capitalist I'll alienate and merchandise your talking point :^)
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:

Only smart individuals can afford to become structural right-libs as per scientifical proof on the positive correlation between IQ and right-libertarian positions

Are you implying I was smarter before I shifted ideologically to care more about the poor? I don't think that usually happens.

I'll have you know that IQ is a worthless metric and is usually peddled in terribly unscientific contexts. Many if not most have disavowed it.

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Valrifell wrote:Also you cant steal our talking point.

Sorry but as an ebbil capitalist I'll alienate and merchandise your talking point :^)

Libertarians do not think correlation equals causation. If they did then they wouldn't have high IQ's.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:Only smart individuals can afford to become structural right-libs as per scientifical proof on the positive correlation between IQ and right-libertarian positions

Are you implying I was smarter before I shifted ideologically to care more about the poor? I don't think that usually happens.

I'll have you know that IQ is a worthless metric and is usually peddled in terribly unscientific contexts. Many if not most have disavowed it.

>intelligence is a worthless metric
Progressivism explained, everyone.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Valrifell wrote:Are you implying I was smarter before I shifted ideologically to care more about the poor? I don't think that usually happens.

Mind my addendum on "structural". Also, if you cared about the poor you'd abandon feeling-based policy and advocate for market-solutions that have been, by far, the best way to reduce poverty.

Valrifell wrote:I'll have you know that IQ is a worthless metric

Cognitive intelligence is a thing, and it's traditionally measured through IQ -- not to say that it was correctly used in my argument. There's also EQ, which is, according to the rather scarce available studies on it, heavily correlated with IQ.

Valrifell wrote:and is usually peddled in terribly unscientific contexts.

Do you analyze the validity of a hypothesis by looking at how intense shitposters on the internet bring it up? You wouldn't be a good scientist.

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Mardla wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:Only smart individuals can afford to become structural right-libs as per scientifical proof on the positive correlation between IQ and right-libertarian positions

Libertarians do not think correlation equals causation. If they did then they wouldn't have high IQ's.

Perfectly, that's exactly why I scratched any evidence of "relationship" among both variables and merely kept it as a statistical fact :^)

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:58 pm

I really should stop posting here.

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Mardla wrote:Libertarians do not think correlation equals causation. If they did then they wouldn't have high IQ's.

Perfectly, that's exactly why I scratched any evidence of "relationship" among both variables and merely kept it as a statistical fact :^)

Ah...Jews also tend to have higher IQ's.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:03 pm

The idea that libertarians have higher IQs is a little ridiculous having met libertarians.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Mardla wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:Perfectly, that's exactly why I scratched any evidence of "relationship" among both variables and merely kept it as a statistical fact :^)

Ah...Jews also tend to have higher IQ's.

That's actually interesting to bring up, as their higher IQ is almost certainly genetic rather than a matter of luck/socioeconomic progress (Flynn effect).
dat risk for genetic diseases doe
Last edited by Great Minarchistan on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Mardla wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

>intelligence is a worthless metric
Progressivism explained, everyone.

Intelligence is worth a great deal, perhaps more than anything, but it is very hard to measure in any standard and total way.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:05 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:the left-lib -> left-auth pipeline is real anyways

There's no pipeline because there is no difference, and this is a good thing.

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Bakery Hill wrote:The idea that libertarians have higher IQs is a little ridiculous having met libertarians.

Ancaps often shift through pipelines towards fascism or tankism instead of remaining as structural right-libs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General