NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIV: All persons born or naturalized ...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:18 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:We have had 45 Presidents.
Only one has been so outrageously stupid that his own staff are writing damaging Op-eds to the NYT. Not to mention, if this was any other President, I doubt the Times would even take is seriously.

I mean come on, this would not have happened with Obama, or Reagan, or even Bush/Clinton.

This is a very special set of circumstances that require extreme measures.

They are taking it seriously because it's joicy drama tbh.

How many other Presidents had a staff actively undermining their impulsive attempts to pull out of trade agreements here and invade a country there?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Only one has been so outrageously stupid that his own staff are writing damaging Op-eds to the NYT. Not to mention, if this was any other President, I doubt the Times would even take is seriously.

I mean come on, this would not have happened with Obama, or Reagan, or even Bush/Clinton.

If there was no juicy drama it would not be a problem.
Last edited by Jedi Council on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:26 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

How many other Presidents had a staff actively undermining their impulsive attempts to pull out of trade agreements here and invade a country there?

we had a couple. Bush (dick Cheney extraordinaire) and Obama (and the whole Snowden debacle) for one.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Scomagia wrote:You've got it wrong. Future White House staff will be fine with trashing their boss if they perceive their boss to be those things. That's an important distinction to make.

We have had 45 Presidents.

The precedent had never been set for this level of insubordination. It is being set now. That's the concern.
Insert trite farewell here

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

If there was no juicy drama it would not be a problem.

There will always be juicy drama. Clinton's (Sexual Allegations), Bush (honorary Al-Saud prince) and Obama's(some made up affair). There will be always drama to export to the highest level in the hierarchy it is rather impossible not too. People absolutely love drama, doesn't matter if it's the President, your neighbor or your dog.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:If there was no juicy drama it would not be a problem.

There will always be juicy drama. Clinton's (Sexual Allegations), Bush (honorary Al-Saud prince) and Obama's(some made up affair). There will be always drama to export to the highest level in the hierarchy it is rather impossible not too. People absolutely love drama, doesn't matter if it's the President, your neighbor or your dog.

The drama is almost never true, however. This is N exception.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:How many other Presidents had a staff actively undermining their impulsive attempts to pull out of trade agreements here and invade a country there?

we had a couple. Bush (dick Cheney extraordinaire) and Obama (and the whole Snowden debacle) for one.

Single individuals are not a bad sign as the ENTIRE White House staff actively undermining a President.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:39 pm

If Trump was more like Reagan and less like JFK, liberals would like him a lot more.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Bakery Hill wrote:If Trump was more like Reagan and less like JFK, liberals would like him a lot more.

So when did Kennedy throw a childish tantrum in public?
Last edited by Petrasylvania on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:45 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Bakery Hill wrote:If Trump was more like Reagan and less like JFK, liberals would like him a lot more.

So when did Kennedy throw a childish tantrum in public?

I'm talking about his extra marital affairs, ties to organised crimes and ineffectiveness against Russia.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Seems to be growing consideration that VP Pence might be the author of the op-ed that was sent into NYT this morning, given the use of a rare word: ''Lodestar'', which is supposedly common among the VP's vernacular for the last several decades. If true, it's an interesting turn of events. A VP and White House staff working together to control Trump's impulses and avoid catastrophe.

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Uxupox wrote:

... "juicy drama". By the good Lord, everything this admin has done is just another soap opera episode to you?
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Dahon wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

... "juicy drama". By the good Lord, everything this admin has done is just another soap opera episode to you?

It's a cute way to dismiss the gravity of what a disastrous incompetence plagues the White House right now.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:Seems to be growing consideration that VP Pence might be the author of the op-ed that was sent into NYT this morning, given the use of a rare word: ''Lodestar'', which is supposedly common among the VP's vernacular for the last several decades. If true, it's an interesting turn of events. A VP and White House staff working together to control Trump's impulses and avoid catastrophe.

A contrasting rumor is that someone included "lodestar" to throw suspicion on Pence and ruin any potential 2020 run.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:51 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:Seems to be growing consideration that VP Pence might be the author of the op-ed that was sent into NYT this morning, given the use of a rare word: ''Lodestar'', which is supposedly common among the VP's vernacular for the last several decades. If true, it's an interesting turn of events. A VP and White House staff working together to control Trump's impulses and avoid catastrophe.

That would be an odd thing for a vice president to do. Although, if it is him, he'd fly under the radar. He seems loyal.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Bakery Hill wrote:I'm talking about his extramarital affairs, ties to organised crime and ineffectiveness against Russia.

Not impeachable, false, and you'd like to see the earth nuked too?

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:

A contrasting rumor is that someone included "lodestar" to throw suspicion on Pence and ruin any potential 2020 run.

It's a possibility. I'd happily take Pence at this point over Trump. I'd take Bush back over Trump at this point. At least the former was humorous.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:54 pm

So Trump wants the author of the article 'turned over' to the government.

If he wasn't so incompetent that sort of language would be scary.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:A contrasting rumor is that someone included "lodestar" to throw suspicion on Pence and ruin any potential 2020 run.

It's a possibility. I'd happily take Pence at this point over Trump. I'd take Bush back over Trump at this point. At least the former was humorous.

Hell, I'll take Nixon back over Trump at this point -- he resigned after all.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:A contrasting rumor is that someone included "lodestar" to throw suspicion on Pence and ruin any potential 2020 run.

Bush's hatred for vegetables endeared him to Americans everywhere. Alas, screaming MJ's "I want you back" from the roof can't even do that.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Dahon wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

Back in Nixon's days the whole Republican Party wasn't trying to cover the President's ass and demand the special investigation end.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:56 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

Bush's hatred for vegetables endeared him to Americans everywhere. Alas, screaming MJ's "I want you back" from the roof can't even do that.

Also, glorious shoe dodger.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Dahon wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

It's very telling when Nixon is a more honourable alternative since he at least resigned eventually.

I don't think Trump would ever do that, except perhaps in some overblown 'you don't deserve me anyway!' tantrum.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:59 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Bush's hatred for vegetables endeared him to Americans everywhere. Alas, screaming MJ's "I want you back" from the roof can't even do that.

Also, glorious shoe dodger.

Bush. The second funniest.

Ford falling down and eating a tamale with the shell on is #1.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 pm

So going over Trump's recent tweets after days of forcing myself to not check it, I'm... intrigued by this:

Does the so-called “Senior Administration Official” really exist, or is it just the Failing New York Times with another phony source? If the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!

Can you even arrest and try a government official for opposing policies in a schizoid manner?

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General