NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIV: All persons born or naturalized ...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Bombadil wrote:Part of the issue is that the consequences of Trump haven't come home to roost yet, look at stock market growth and fall from 1995 to now.. we're due a massive crash and Trump is only fuelling it with his dumb tax cuts and screwing around with global trade.

Add to that all the damage he's doing internally by fucking around with constitutional issues and externally by pissing everyone off except, as I remember it, Israel and Hungary I think.

And Saudi Arabia evidently.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:57 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Dahon wrote:
There are things that are not fucking said and not fucking done, and the Democrats have done far less of both since that fucking dick of a president took office. If the Republicans here and beyond will piss on a corpse on their way to Trump's castles in the air, their party deserves all the death it could get, doomed forever as the Party of Trump, the Party of the Unspeakable.

Obama did drone US citizens, though. The journalist in question wasn't an American, nor does his death greatly affect us beyond moral outrage.

One citizen, who was a jihadi mouthpiece and mastermind. Clearly the same as a Washington Post journalist, but wouldn't surprise me if you unironically believe that.
Last edited by Petrasylvania on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Telconi wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Part of the issue is that the consequences of Trump haven't come home to roost yet, look at stock market growth and fall from 1995 to now.. we're due a massive crash and Trump is only fuelling it with his dumb tax cuts and screwing around with global trade.

Add to that all the damage he's doing internally by fucking around with constitutional issues and externally by pissing everyone off except, as I remember it, Israel and Hungary I think.

Fine humanitarian company all..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Obama did drone US citizens, though. The journalist in question wasn't an American, nor does his death greatly affect us beyond moral outrage.

One citizen, who was a jihadi mouthpiece and mastermind. Clearly the same as a Washington Post journalist, but wouldn't surprise me if you unironically believe that.

Glad to see you unironically defend assassinations when it's your boy Barack doing it to people who say things you don't like.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Fine humanitarian company all..

He's got the best friends, trust him.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Telconi wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:One citizen, who was a jihadi mouthpiece and mastermind. Clearly the same as a Washington Post journalist, but wouldn't surprise me if you unironically believe that.

Glad to see you unironically defend assassinations when it's your boy Barack doing it to people who say things you don't like.

Glad to see you unironically defend a straight out jihadi that was actively working to attack the United States just to score political points. :^]
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Glad to see you unironically defend a straight out jihadi that was actively working to attack the United States just to score political points. :^]

>Gauth doesn't understand what actual moral convictions are.

I'm shocked... shocked I tell you... :roll:
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Telconi wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:Glad to see you unironically defend a straight out jihadi that was actively working to attack the United States just to score political points. :^]

Nothing says "moral convictions" like cheerleading for a con artist who excused the murder of an American journalist in a consulate.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Nothing says "moral convictions" like cheerleading for a con artist who excused the murder of an American journalist in a consulate.

I don't think you know how cheerleading works.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Jerzyland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerzyland » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:So have the "Better Saudi Than Democrat" shirts come out yet?

It's none of the US' business at all.

I'm calling BS on ^that crock. Khashoggi's children are US citizen and he was employed by a US business. That's our business.
Dat ol' man Jerzy...

Xadufell
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Xadufell » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Jerzyland wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:It's none of the US' business at all.

I'm calling BS on ^that crock. Khashoggi's children are US citizen and he was employed by a US business. That's our business.

His children being citizens doesn't have any impact on him being a citizen or not.

By your same logic, illegal immigrants are employed by US businesses, are they our business if they get killed by cartels in Mexico?
28 Year old autistic twat.
!!!WE MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Pro: Right Wing, Israel, The Donald, Guns, Free Speech, Capitalism, Switzerland, Germany, Britain leaving the EU, TEMPORARY ban on Muslims until everything gets sorted out, Republicans, Russia.
Anti: Hillary, Sanders, Democrats, Radical Islam, ISIS, Illegal Immigration, BLM (Because they obviously do.), Obama, MSNBC, Left Wing, Radical Anything (Virtually), Turkey, Trump Protesters who have no valid points.

Grinning Dragon wrote:Why would anyone waste a good bullet on the likes of CNN anyway? I don't understand why anyone would get that worked up over a bunch of dipshits, christ if their shit show is getting you that worked up, just turn the damn thing off and go for a walk/run/ride.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Xadufell wrote:
Jerzyland wrote:

His children being citizens doesn't have any impact on him being a citizen or not.

By your same logic, illegal immigrants are employed by US businesses, are they our business if they get killed by cartels in Mexico?

yeah.. except he was a legal US resident with 3 children who are citizens, works for the Washington Post and was murdered at the behest of a key ally leader so.. entirely not the same as your example at all.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:22 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Care Lyon wrote:
President Trump is creating economic growth and upward mobility for all Americans, by reducing the overall tax burden (corporate tax) he has created more wealth and economic growth than any other president in modern history. Obama failed the USA on many, many fronts. Trump has yet to crash the economy!

Obama didn't crash the economy. That was the subprime lending market, which Obama's policies fixed. And I think that's about wrong. Think of Roosevelt.

Anyway, the corporate tax burden reduction results in nothing but kickbacks.

Roosevelt prolonged the Great Depression.
Jerzyland wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:It's none of the US' business at all.

It might be a concern of the business, but not of the government.
Petrasylvania wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Believe it or not, American citizens have the right to a trial before their lives are taken by the government.
Last edited by Northern Davincia on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Hediacrana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Question: is this the appropriate thread to discuss the 2020 elections, or if not, where do I go?
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Hediacrana wrote:Question: is this the appropriate thread to discuss the 2020 elections, or if not, where do I go?

I think generally a small breathing gap between election threads is appreciated.. given we just finished mid terms it'd be great to have, say.. at least a couple of months before we plunge into that nightmare..

十年

Hediacrana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Bombadil wrote:I think generally a small breathing gap between election threads is appreciated.. given we just finished mid terms it'd be great to have, say.. at least a couple of months before we plunge into that nightmare..

I get that, but speculations as to whom might be partaking in the Democratic primaries are already taking off. And while obviously those discussions will bear on discussions relating to the Trump administration, it is a slightly different topic. If I want to know what Democratic candidates people might support here, should I open a separate thread or just ask it here?
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Hediacrana wrote:
Bombadil wrote:I think generally a small breathing gap between election threads is appreciated.. given we just finished mid terms it'd be great to have, say.. at least a couple of months before we plunge into that nightmare..

I get that, but speculations as to whom might be partaking in the Democratic primaries are already taking off. And while obviously those discussions will bear on discussions relating to the Trump administration, it is a slightly different topic. If I want to know what Democratic candidates people might support here, should I open a separate thread or just ask it here?

To be fair I'm no authority on the matter :)

You could ask the Mods in Moderation, given they're sober enough to respond I'm sure they'll put across their opinion.

十年

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Trump wanted DOJ to prosecute Clinton, Comey: report

Petty Trump tried to put away political opponents. Complete shocker.
Last edited by Petrasylvania on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:Trump wanted DOJ to prosecute Clinton, Comey: report

Petty Trump tried to put away political opponents. Complete shocker.

Historically speaking, jailing political opponents is less "petty" and absolutely lockstep "de rigeur authoritarian".
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:58 pm

Hediacrana wrote:

Do you hate puppies?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:37 am

I've been Googling, checking YouTube, what I could access of Twitter, all the conservative news sites, combing the Web for a resounding Republican outcry over that fucking dick's fucking statement (of course he wrote it).

Muted. Fucking muted. Bloody fucking muted. At best. What the bloody fuck.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:42 am

Dahon wrote:I've been Googling, checking YouTube, what I could access of Twitter, all the conservative news sites, combing the Web for a resounding Republican outcry over that fucking dick's fucking statement (of course he wrote it).

Really, I read an article on FOX news earlier around Republicans calling it the disgrace it is. Even Rubio chimed in.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marco- ... rica-first

Even in the comments section the reaction seems a little more mixed than the usual toxic pro-Trump stance, where despite a comment that Rand Paul is a typical communist, which made me chuckle, someone made this point..

Trump came down harder on Jim Acosta for asking a question than he did on MBS for killing a journalist.
Last edited by Bombadil on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

十年

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 am

Bombadil wrote:
Dahon wrote:I've been Googling, checking YouTube, what I could access of Twitter, all the conservative news sites, combing the Web for a resounding Republican outcry over that fucking dick's fucking statement (of course he wrote it).

Really, I read an article on FOX news earlier around Republicans calling it the disgrace it is. Even Rubio chimed in.

What I'd really like to see are hostile opinion pieces in media Trump consumes, as well as some hostility from even Trumpist diehards, the Jim Ps of the blogosphere and whatnot.

So far, muted. Muted.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:09 am

Dahon wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

What I'd really like to see are hostile opinion pieces in media Trump consumes, as well as some hostility from even Trumpist diehards, the Jim Ps of the blogosphere and whatnot.

So far, muted. Muted.

Why would they do that? I mean, honestly, give me one good reason why they would attack him.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:11 am

Telconi wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Reminder that Trump is the only president to say guns should be taken away without due process.

Why you always forget your boy Obama?

So when did Obama say that guns should be taken without due process?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General