NATION

PASSWORD

Democratic Socialism in the U.S and How to Pay for It?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23048
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Soritarius wrote:Or we could abandon democratic socialism all together because it's a belief system for fascist sympathizers and Rosa-Killers.


>DemSocs
>Fascist sympathizers

Hot take, did you take it from Stalin's best seller, "Gulags and How to See Yourself in One!"?
Anarchy's my name AND my game. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Al fascismo no se le discute, se le destruye/Fascism is not discussed, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
You probably have my idea of Communism wrong.
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3

User avatar
Engleberg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Engleberg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Damn, I'm late for this thread.

Anyway, let's not put an absolutely abhorrent system into the United States eh? Socialism does not belong in the United States in any format, ever.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23048
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Engleberg wrote:Damn, I'm late for this thread.

Anyway, let's not put an absolutely abhorrent system into the United States eh? Socialism does not belong in the United States in any format, ever.


Fuck the peasants for wanting equality amirite? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anarchy's my name AND my game. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Al fascismo no se le discute, se le destruye/Fascism is not discussed, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
You probably have my idea of Communism wrong.
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3

User avatar
Engleberg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Engleberg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Engleberg wrote:Damn, I'm late for this thread.

Anyway, let's not put an absolutely abhorrent system into the United States eh? Socialism does not belong in the United States in any format, ever.


Fuck the peasants for wanting equality amirite? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


"I'm poor, so let's make sure everyone else is poor as well?" Sounds like a great idea.

Or wait, even better:

"Let's make everyone else pay for me, so I don't have to work for myself!"
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1461
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Fuck the peasants for wanting equality amirite? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


"I'm poor, so let's make sure everyone else is poor as well?" Sounds like a great idea.

Or wait, even better:

"Let's make everyone else pay for me, so I don't have to work for myself!"

Oh look! It’s my favorite straw man that capitalists use! Completely not understanding what socialism actually is!
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: CIVIL WAR FINALLY OVER! Rebel forces surrender!
Your Boy Leon Thotsky
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know it's completely irrelevent to your opinions on gender and sex⚧

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23048
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:26 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Fuck the peasants for wanting equality amirite? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


"I'm poor, so let's make sure everyone else is poor as well?" Sounds like a great idea.

Or wait, even better:

"Let's make everyone else pay for me, so I don't have to work for myself!"


Ah, I see you too graduated from the "Keynesian School of Economics and Misrepresentative Debating Tactics That Don't Actually Represent Your Opponents' Positions" with a Ph.D, just like me.
Anarchy's my name AND my game. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Al fascismo no se le discute, se le destruye/Fascism is not discussed, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
You probably have my idea of Communism wrong.
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3

User avatar
Engleberg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Engleberg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:27 pm

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
"I'm poor, so let's make sure everyone else is poor as well?" Sounds like a great idea.

Or wait, even better:

"Let's make everyone else pay for me, so I don't have to work for myself!"

Oh look! It’s my favorite straw man that capitalists use! Completely not understanding what socialism actually is!


Whether or not that's what socialism "actually is," the system does not belong within the United States period. We've resisted it for decades, and we don't need to bow to the reds now because of some younger folk thinking 2017 and 2018's "socialism fad" is good for the entire nation.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76214
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
"I'm poor, so let's make sure everyone else is poor as well?" Sounds like a great idea.

Or wait, even better:

"Let's make everyone else pay for me, so I don't have to work for myself!"


Ah, I see you too graduated from the "Keynesian School of Economics and Misrepresentative Debating Tactics That Don't Actually Represent Your Opponents' Positions" with a Ph.D, just like me.

*Austrian

pls no insult Keynesian thought
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23048
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Engleberg wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Oh look! It’s my favorite straw man that capitalists use! Completely not understanding what socialism actually is!


Whether or not that's what socialism "actually is," the system does not belong within the United States period. We've resisted it for decades, and we don't need to bow to the reds now because of some younger folk thinking 2017 and 2018's "socialism fad" is good for the entire nation.


The irony of a Monarchist saying this about the country that rebelled against a Monarchy is absurdly delicious.

Conserative Morality wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Ah, I see you too graduated from the "Keynesian School of Economics and Misrepresentative Debating Tactics That Don't Actually Represent Your Opponents' Positions" with a Ph.D, just like me.

*Austrian

pls no insult Keynesian thought


Sorry, CM, but an ironic Anarcho-Primitivist red has gotta do what he's gotta yabba dabba doo. :^)
Anarchy's my name AND my game. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Al fascismo no se le discute, se le destruye/Fascism is not discussed, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
You probably have my idea of Communism wrong.
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76214
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Engleberg wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Oh look! It’s my favorite straw man that capitalists use! Completely not understanding what socialism actually is!


Whether or not that's what socialism "actually is," the system does not belong within the United States period. We've resisted it for decades, and we don't need to bow to the reds now because of some younger folk thinking 2017 and 2018's "socialism fad" is good for the entire nation.

Daily reminder that the great American and Republican President Abraham Lincoln, savior of the nation, had an amicable correspondence with Karl Marx in which they agreed on a number of important points regarding labor and oppression. =^)
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1461
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Engleberg wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Oh look! It’s my favorite straw man that capitalists use! Completely not understanding what socialism actually is!


Whether or not that's what socialism "actually is," the system does not belong within the United States period. We've resisted it for decades, and we don't need to bow to the reds now because of some younger folk thinking 2017 and 2018's "socialism fad" is good for the entire nation.

TIL that modern advocacy for socialism is literally a soviet plot.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: CIVIL WAR FINALLY OVER! Rebel forces surrender!
Your Boy Leon Thotsky
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know it's completely irrelevent to your opinions on gender and sex⚧

User avatar
Engleberg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Engleberg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
"I'm poor, so let's make sure everyone else is poor as well?" Sounds like a great idea.

Or wait, even better:

"Let's make everyone else pay for me, so I don't have to work for myself!"


Ah, I see you too graduated from the "Keynesian School of Economics and Misrepresentative Debating Tactics That Don't Actually Represent Your Opponents' Positions" with a Ph.D, just like me.


Good to see a fellow classmate. I also finished my other graduate degree from the "Richmond School of American Conservativism," focusing on "Keeping the Reds out of my US of A."
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23048
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Ah, I see you too graduated from the "Keynesian School of Economics and Misrepresentative Debating Tactics That Don't Actually Represent Your Opponents' Positions" with a Ph.D, just like me.


Good to see a fellow classmate. I also finished my other graduate degree from the "Richmond School of American Conservativism," focusing on "Keeping the Reds out of my US of A."


I see you missed out on the, "Social Studies 1776," class, though. Tsk tsk, real shame. We're gonna have to take away your American license for that one.
Anarchy's my name AND my game. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Al fascismo no se le discute, se le destruye/Fascism is not discussed, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
You probably have my idea of Communism wrong.
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76214
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Engleberg wrote:Good to see a fellow classmate. I also finished my other graduate degree from the "Richmond School of American Conservativism," focusing on "Keeping the Reds out of my US of A."

Not that conservative if you would go against such traditional values! You probably believe in putting mankind on a cross of gold as well!

>> when you mix 19th century GOP and Dem talking points for MAXIMUM EFFECT
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1461
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Ah, I see you too graduated from the "Keynesian School of Economics and Misrepresentative Debating Tactics That Don't Actually Represent Your Opponents' Positions" with a Ph.D, just like me.


Good to see a fellow classmate. I also finished my other graduate degree from the "Richmond School of American Conservativism," focusing on "Keeping the Reds out of my US of A."

Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: CIVIL WAR FINALLY OVER! Rebel forces surrender!
Your Boy Leon Thotsky
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know it's completely irrelevent to your opinions on gender and sex⚧

User avatar
Engleberg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Engleberg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
Whether or not that's what socialism "actually is," the system does not belong within the United States period. We've resisted it for decades, and we don't need to bow to the reds now because of some younger folk thinking 2017 and 2018's "socialism fad" is good for the entire nation.


The irony of a Monarchist saying this about the country that rebelled against a Monarchy is absurdly delicious.

Conserative Morality wrote:*Austrian

pls no insult Keynesian thought


Sorry, CM, but an ironic Anarcho-Primitivist red has gotta do what he's gotta yabba dabba doo. :^)


I am a staunch monarchist who loves Prussia, but I am also a citizen of the United States and a conservative capitalist. I don't want another nation that I love dying, thank you very much.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

User avatar
Engleberg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Engleberg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:31 pm

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
Good to see a fellow classmate. I also finished my other graduate degree from the "Richmond School of American Conservativism," focusing on "Keeping the Reds out of my US of A."

Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!


I see you have discovered my entire mental attitude on this website.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23048
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
The irony of a Monarchist saying this about the country that rebelled against a Monarchy is absurdly delicious.



Sorry, CM, but an ironic Anarcho-Primitivist red has gotta do what he's gotta yabba dabba doo. :^)


I am a staunch monarchist who loves Prussia, but I am also a citizen of the United States and a conservative capitalist. I don't want another nation that I love dying, thank you very much.


>Prussia

Oh boy, is it already Military-Industrial Complex With a Dash of Kaisers A.M.? So soon, too!
Anarchy's my name AND my game. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Al fascismo no se le discute, se le destruye/Fascism is not discussed, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
You probably have my idea of Communism wrong.
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1461
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Engleberg wrote:
West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!


I see you have discovered my entire mental attitude on this website.

I figured as much.
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: CIVIL WAR FINALLY OVER! Rebel forces surrender!
Your Boy Leon Thotsky
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know it's completely irrelevent to your opinions on gender and sex⚧

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76214
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Engleberg wrote:staunch monarchist

also a citizen of the United States


Americans have always been an opponent of monarchs. We only ever had one non-democratic ruler, and he was a good imperator and primus inter pares who neither inherited nor passed down his title.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Engleberg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Engleberg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Engleberg wrote:staunch monarchist

also a citizen of the United States


Americans have always been an opponent of monarchs. We only ever had one non-democratic ruler, and he was a good imperator and primus inter pares who neither inherited nor passed down his title.


Pre-1918, I'm pro-Prussia/German Empire

Post-1918, I'm pro-USA because nothing else good exists after 1918

As Germany no longer exists, I do not wish to see the country I love get ruined by a system that has no reason to be in it. Socialism, and hell even a monarchy, don't belong here because the entire history of the nation has not created a fertile ground for those ideologies and systems.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23048
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Americans have always been an opponent of monarchs. We only ever had one non-democratic ruler, and he was a good imperator and primus inter pares who neither inherited nor passed down his title.


Pre-1918, I'm pro-Prussia/German Empire

Post-1918, I'm pro-USA because nothing else good exists after 1918

As Germany no longer exists, I do not wish to see the country I love get ruined by a system that has no reason to be in it. Socialism, and hell even a monarchy, don't belong here because the entire history of the nation has not created a fertile ground for those ideologies and systems.


>Monarchist, but against establishing a Monarchy in America

Image


Furthermore, America's had plenty of Socialist and proto-Socialist fervor. Hell, there was a huge amount of it going on even in the late 19th century, certainly far more so than monarchism.
Last edited by Torrocca on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchy's my name AND my game. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Al fascismo no se le discute, se le destruye/Fascism is not discussed, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
You probably have my idea of Communism wrong.
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3

User avatar
West Leas Oros 2
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1461
Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Americans have always been an opponent of monarchs. We only ever had one non-democratic ruler, and he was a good imperator and primus inter pares who neither inherited nor passed down his title.


Pre-1918, I'm pro-Prussia/German Empire

Post-1918, I'm pro-USA because nothing else good exists after 1918

As Germany no longer exists, I do not wish to see the country I love get ruined by a system that has no reason to be in it. Socialism, and hell even a monarchy, don't belong here because the entire history of the nation has not created a fertile ground for those ideologies and systems.

So they don’t belong in America, because America doesn’t support those ideologies?
West Leas Oros 2, Election Boogaloo (Please ignore the 2 in our name in all IC interactions)
WLO Public News: CIVIL WAR FINALLY OVER! Rebel forces surrender!
Your Boy Leon Thotsky
Simultaneously an evil commie who wants to take your toothbrush, and an evil brocialist reactionary and revisionist.
An accurate description of NSG: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know it's completely irrelevent to your opinions on gender and sex⚧

User avatar
Engleberg
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Engleberg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
Pre-1918, I'm pro-Prussia/German Empire

Post-1918, I'm pro-USA because nothing else good exists after 1918

As Germany no longer exists, I do not wish to see the country I love get ruined by a system that has no reason to be in it. Socialism, and hell even a monarchy, don't belong here because the entire history of the nation has not created a fertile ground for those ideologies and systems.


>Monarchist, but against establishing a Monarchy in America

Image


Furthermore, America's had plenty of Socialist and proto-Socialist fervor. Hell, there was a huge amount of it going on even in the late 19th century, certainly far more so than monarchism.


I can realise when a system doesn't belong in a nation :P

Yeah, every industrialised nation has had socialist fervor since the 19th century. Doesn't mean it fits.

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
Pre-1918, I'm pro-Prussia/German Empire

Post-1918, I'm pro-USA because nothing else good exists after 1918

As Germany no longer exists, I do not wish to see the country I love get ruined by a system that has no reason to be in it. Socialism, and hell even a monarchy, don't belong here because the entire history of the nation has not created a fertile ground for those ideologies and systems.

So they don’t belong in America, because America doesn’t support those ideologies?


They don't belong in America because they'd be detrimental. The USA is a capitalist nation, and has prevailed because of this freedom. It's similar to how republicanism destroyed Germany after WWI.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76214
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Engleberg wrote:Pre-1918, I'm pro-Prussia/German Empire

Post-1918, I'm pro-USA because nothing else good exists after 1918

As Germany no longer exists, I do not wish to see the country I love get ruined by a system that has no reason to be in it. Socialism, and hell even a monarchy, don't belong here because the entire history of the nation has not created a fertile ground for those ideologies and systems.

America has always been very fertile ground for socialism, though. Every American is naturally an entrepreneur. It's in our culture. To have all individuals own the means of production to trade the goods they produce freely? That sounds pretty American to me. Daily reminder that the Socialist Party of America is one of the few third parties that lasted a number of elections and found some electoral success!

I'm no socialist, but market socialism would not be a foreign idea, especially to early Americans who believed in the strength of yeomen farmers and early industrialists.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeritai, Badb Catha, DeltaSource, Fort Pankyes, Hurdergaryp, Infinitta, Kavagrad, Kyldellian Berben, LiberNovusAmericae, New Tanibos, New yugoslavaia, Novus America, The Greater Ohio Valley, The Grim Reaper, Upper Saust Latiegebestica

Advertisement

Remove ads