NATION

PASSWORD

Massive Ring of Homosexuals in Catholic Clergy

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Mardla
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Massive Ring of Homosexuals in Catholic Clergy

Postby Mardla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:28 pm

“At any one time no more than 50% of priests are practicing celibacy.” That was the hypothesis and thrust of A Secret World (1990) and repeated in Celibacy in Crisis (2003) In May 1993 at the Vatican International Conference on Celibacy in Rome Cardinal Jose Sanchez then Chairman of the Dicastery on Clergy fielded questions about my study and conclusions and a similar sociological statistical report by Fr. Victor Kotze of South Africa. Father Kotze concluded that in any three-year period only 45% of priests were practicing celibacy. When asked directly by reporter Mark Dowd, and a reporter recording for the BBC TV what the Cardinal thought of those studies he said, “I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of those figures."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... -sacristy/

The article goes on to note that the break in priestly celibacy is mainly homosexual. More disturbing is that this issue is linked with certain priests supporting each other regarding keeping sexual abuse incidents hush hush and the perpetrators protected.

Is there anyone here who isn't upset by this? I know I am. Any remedies you suggest? Clearly it's a serious problem. Perhaps ending celibacy requirements for priests would help, allowed married men to be priests. But with or without that, there clearly needs to be a crackdown. The Vatican should start a serious and wide-scale investigation organization, preferably compromised of married men, to audit the clergy. Use sting operations if necessary. Start requiring clergy to sign agreements that would allow searches of their homes and computers without notice. Be proactive in asking their flocks about them and gathering info.
Last edited by Mardla on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:31 pm

So force the clergy to be straight, and only then they can break celibacy vows. You don't just pick and choose what to enforce.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:33 pm

Mardla wrote:More disturbing is that this issue is linked with certain priests supporting each other regarding keeping sexual abuse incidents hush hush and the perpetrators protected.

Implying gays are child molesters and/or accessories to it.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:33 pm

What's weirding me out is that this is an Antiquity nation with zero posts on the board until today.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:36 pm

The South Falls wrote:So force the clergy to be straight, and only then they can break celibacy vows. You don't just pick and choose what to enforce.

Celibacy is attracting a lot of homosexuals is what is going on, since it gives a good cover for their fetish.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Off the top of my head, the Church may need to consider allowing priests to marry.

-United Republic of Freedonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Republic of Freedonia » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Meh, but they should consider more that Homosexual sex is sex and it breaks the celibacy.

Question: Celibacy forbids masturbation?.
The United Republic of Freedonia:
"I respect three things: Strength, Justice,America and Lasagna."
-Garfield

Join The Labyrinth, i'm not there anymore but they are cool, so check them out at least
i'm rebooting this shit, we are in Venus now
just a friend of vaspelia, really
>wO

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Where they're covering up abuse, that is a problem that needs to be rooted out. If they're just having consensual gay sex, who cares dude?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:39 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Where they're covering up abuse, that is a problem that needs to be rooted out. If they're just having consensual gay sex, who cares dude?

Homosexual sex is a sin in Catholicism - and Christianity in general.
Also, if marriage was allowed, wouldn't that go against the rules of being a priest?
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Mardla wrote:More disturbing is that this issue is linked with certain priests supporting each other regarding keeping sexual abuse incidents hush hush and the perpetrators protected.

I am talking about the raping of adolescent boys.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:42 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:Where they're covering up abuse, that is a problem that needs to be rooted out. If they're just having consensual gay sex, who cares dude?

Also, if marriage was allowed, wouldn't that go against the rules of being a priest?

As it stands, yes. However, it can be changed.

Puldania
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puldania » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:42 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

Leviticus was nulled a while ago iirc
Learn Puldanian: https://www.memrise.com/course/1603336/puldanian/
Instrumental Art Rock Album: https://soundcloud.com/enrique-poveda-8 ... l-releases
Join the International Northwestern Union, the largest Sh!tpost based economy on NS.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 pm

If they're having sex with consenting adults, I'd say that's progress!
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Minzerland II
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minzerland II » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Cawcutt, writing to the group, had called for killing or sodomizing Cardinal Ratzinger, because he was seen as an opponent of gays (“Kill [Ratzinger]? Pray for him? Why not just f— him??? Any volunteers — ugh!!!”).

This, I find, is particularly disturbing.
Previous Profile: Minzerland
Donkey Advocate & Herald of Donkeydom
St Anselm of Canterbury wrote:[…]who ever heard of anything having two mothers or two fathers? (Monologion, pg. 63)

-United Republic of Freedonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Republic of Freedonia » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Fuck, i didn't expected that someone would post that.
The United Republic of Freedonia:
"I respect three things: Strength, Justice,America and Lasagna."
-Garfield

Join The Labyrinth, i'm not there anymore but they are cool, so check them out at least
i'm rebooting this shit, we are in Venus now
just a friend of vaspelia, really
>wO

Mardla
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mardla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 pm

-United Republic of Freedonia wrote:Meh, but they should consider more that Homosexual sex is sex and it breaks the celibacy.

Catholicism forbids masturbation.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:45 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Homosexual sex is a sin in Catholicism - and Christianity in general.

As it stands, yes. However, it can be changed.

But wouldn't that be going against Catholicism?
Puldania wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Homosexual sex is a sin in Catholicism - and Christianity in general.

Leviticus was nulled a while ago iirc

Idk the Bible, so idk what that has to do with priest marriage.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:47 pm

Mardla wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Pedophilia is a primary or exclusive fixation on children (of either sex), whilst homosexuality is the attraction to men exclusively, and the actions of these pedophile priests fall squarely in the former.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:49 pm

The promotions are impressive, it seems if you are a shitbird, you go up in the ranks. That culture of booting upstairs troublesome people may bring temp fixes but is a disaster in the long term. With such a culture, it is not surprising abuses emerged.
Last edited by The East Marches II on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:51 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:But wouldn't that be going against Catholicism?

No, it's more of a tradition that the Church requires for priests to partake in, in order for them to seem more like Christ, but it isn't a biblical requirement.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Mardla wrote:
The South Falls wrote:So force the clergy to be straight, and only then they can break celibacy vows. You don't just pick and choose what to enforce.

Celibacy is attracting a lot of homosexuals is what is going on, since it gives a good cover for their fetish.

Something tells me you know nothing about homosexuality.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Mardla wrote:Celibacy is attracting a lot of homosexuals is what is going on, since it gives a good cover for their fetish.

When they call it a fetish, you know they don't know much about it.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:15 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

1. Homosexual sex is a sin in Catholicism - 2. and Christianity in general.
3. Also, if marriage was allowed, wouldn't that go against the rules of being a priest?

1. Only because of stupid interpretations.

2. False.

3. Only because other stupid interpretations influenced the making of said rules.

Mardla wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Which has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Mardla wrote:
-United Republic of Freedonia wrote:Meh, but they should consider more that Homosexual sex is sex and it breaks the celibacy.

Catholicism forbids masturbation.

Which is quite stupid.

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Mardla wrote:I am talking about the raping of adolescent boys.

Pedophilia is a primary or exclusive fixation on children (of either sex), whilst homosexuality is the attraction to men exclusively, and the actions of these pedophile priests fall squarely in the former.

Precisely.

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

When they call it a fetish, you know they don't know much about it.

Indeed. And generally, people who call it a fetish on here don't last very long, because they tend not to be able to argue their point without trolling or flaming.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:18 pm

As long as it's with consenting adults, I couldn't care less.

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

They're not interested in following rules that they themselves made up and are only enforced by themselves anymore? Good heavens.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General