NATION

PASSWORD

Is ignorance an excuse for racism?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is ignorance an excuse for racism?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 33

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:16 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Uxupox wrote:
im was poor and uneducated. i didn't blame nobody but myself for my previous predicament and I made it easily out that whole with sheer diligence. Maybe people should try that method instead of trying to dick it to others just for the persona of being born.

Well, if you are white, do I have to realy explain your success?

If you are black, congratulations. I am genuinely happy for you.

And that makes you no better than the racists you claim to hate

Petrolheadia wrote:If you like going deep, get yourself a digger.

A "digger", huh? HMMMMMMMMM.

Ya it’s a Machine that helps you dig.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Founded: Jun 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:16 pm

Petrolheadia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Answer the question?

Even if the police are racist, this still doesn't make black criminals less guilty.

But you admit that the police might be racist?
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism!

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
I'm not going to spoon feed you. I'll start you out with CIA-Contra.

What does a bunch of Nicaraguan anti-communists have to do with black Americans?

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:Even if the police are racist, this still doesn't make black criminals less guilty.

What does it have to do with black people deciding to commit crimes?
Capitalism, single-payer healthcare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, progressive personal taxation, low corporate tax, pro-business law, welfare for those in need.
Nazism, edgism, dogmatic statements, most of Abrahamic-derived morality (esp. as law), welfare for those not in need.
We are not Albania and I am not Albanian, FFS!
Male, gearhead, classic rock fan, gamer, agnostic.
Not sure if left-libertarian, ex-libertarian or without a damn clue.
Where you can talk about cars!
"They're always saying I'm a Capitalist pig. I suppose I am, but, ah...it ah...it's good for my drumming, I think." - Keith Moon,
If a Porsche owner treats it like a bicycle, he's a gentleman. And if he prays to it, he's simply a moron. - Jan Nowicki.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Khabarovsk Kray wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Do you really identify with the poor if you say that?

Perhaps Beria would

That creep?
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Petrolheadia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

What does it have to do with black people deciding to commit crimes?

Why dodge the question?
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

What does a bunch of Nicaraguan anti-communists have to do with black Americans?

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Yes, because the "system" (whatever "system" it is you are referring to...?) forces people to become criminals, doesn't it(!) :roll:

So white men and black men are profiled and approached by the police in the same way?

Prejudice by some police officers isn't a "system"...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 pm

And no, ignorance is not an excuse for racism.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:If you like going deep, get yourself a digger.

A "digger", huh? HMMMMMMMMM.

Just felt like making a little snigger.
Capitalism, single-payer healthcare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, progressive personal taxation, low corporate tax, pro-business law, welfare for those in need.
Nazism, edgism, dogmatic statements, most of Abrahamic-derived morality (esp. as law), welfare for those not in need.
"They're always saying I'm a Capitalist pig. I suppose I am, but, ah...it ah...it's good for my drumming, I think." - Keith Moon,
If a Porsche owner treats it like a bicycle, he's a gentleman. And if he prays to it, he's simply a moron. - Jan Nowicki.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:Even if the police are racist, this still doesn't make black criminals less guilty.

Well ya. Everyone is a little bit racist. But you still can’t use that to excuse crime rates of certain demographics
Last edited by Thermodolia on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:What does it have to do with black people deciding to commit crimes?

Why dodge the question?

The police being racist would not nullify the criminal responsibility of black criminals.
Last edited by Petrolheadia on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:What does it have to do with black people deciding to commit crimes?

Why dodge the question?

The same can be said for you why are you dodging all the questions your getting?
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Marxist Rainbow
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Rainbow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 pm

So when we have things like this in the world, somehow it is ok for an influential rapper to basically mimic the same hate speech as neo nazis?
Proud MtF trans
She/Her/Hers Pls (;~;)

Thermodolia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:So when we have things like this in the world, somehow it is ok for an influential rapper to basically mimic the same hate speech as neo nazis?

Different rappers have different flaws. This guy is a racist, another one is a big spender, etc.

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:21 pm

If white and asians are more successful in American society, perhaps acting more like "the white man" is what black Americans need to do.

Hell, it clearly works when successful blacks get called out for being "uncle toms."
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:So when we have things like this in the world, somehow it is ok for an influential rapper to basically mimic the same hate speech as neo nazis?

YouTube isn’t a source. And said rapper isn’t even near Nazi levels of dumb. You are getting there though
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Kanadorika wrote:If white and asians are more successful in American society, perhaps acting more like "the white man" is what black Americans need to do.

Hell, it clearly works when successful blacks get called out for being "uncle toms."

Yeah.

Those complaining about prejudice putting black people down should read about the abuses Asians endured in the US, including actual internment camps for the Japanese, and look at how they are the highest-income racial group now.
Last edited by Petrolheadia on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otira
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Otira » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Kanadorika wrote:If white and asians are more successful in American society, perhaps acting more like "the white man" is what black Americans need to do.

Stupid question but what does it mean to act white? Go to school?

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Otira wrote:

Working for own betterment instead of complaining about "white oppression" and waiting for stuff to be magically fixed by the whites.

Frankland
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frankland » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:The person committing the crime, perhaps? You know, the thing called "taking responsibility for one's actions"?

But the system isn't to blame at all then. Oh, nevermind, i've changed my opinion now, thanks.

OF COURSE people should take personal responsibility. But the system is still there, and receives none of the blame.

The idea that we have to wait for "the system" of headwinds for blacks economically to be fixed before blacks will feel they have a chance to get out of their situation is how you know our grand kids will be talking about this thread on NSG while Latinos will be fully integrated.

Yes, it sucks the first thing people think when they see other people is often how people that look similar have historically acted / made them feel in the past. It is also a very hardwired thing we do. It's not likely to be changed via social movements. If that's what we're waiting on, yikes!
Also Known As:
Topid, Weed, Daynor
NS Player since Aug 2006
Former Defender, SC Author

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Otira wrote:

Dunno. It is one of those nebulous things like "straight-acting", nebulous to such an extent that it is effectively meaningless, just a buzzword with no real substance.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:29 pm

Frankland wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
But the system isn't to blame at all then. Oh, nevermind, i've changed my opinion now, thanks.

OF COURSE people should take personal responsibility. But the system is still there, and receives none of the blame.

The idea that we have to wait for "the system" of headwinds for blacks economically to be fixed before blacks will feel they have a chance to get out of their situation is how you know our grand kids will be talking about this thread on NSG while Latinos will be fully integrated.

Yes, it sucks the first thing people think when they see other people is often how people that look similar have historically acted / made them feel in the past. It is also a very hardwired thing we do. It's not likely to be changed via social movements. If that's what we're waiting on, yikes!

And that's how you don't get stuff like the Japanese going from internment camps to full integration in some 60 years or so.

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Otira wrote:

Graduating highschool is a big. These are the stats by race in my own state of California.

total, white, hispanic, black, asian/pacific islander
78, 86, 73, 66, 90

Also, rejecting gang culture, encouraging learning and higher education, and ensuring the children grow up in a two parent household helps.
Last edited by Kanadorika on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Englar Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Englar Empire » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:30 pm

As long as the blacks think being smart is "acting white", it will be.

Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrolheadia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Kanadorika wrote:
Otira wrote:

Graduating highschool is a big. These are the stats by race in my own state of California.

total, white, hispanic, asian/pacific islander
78, 86, 73, 66, 90

Also, rejecting gang culture, encouraging learning and higher education, and ensuring the children grow up in a two parent household helps.

You seem to have forgotten black people in your statistical labels.

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:32 pm

Petrolheadia wrote:
Kanadorika wrote:

total, white, hispanic, asian/pacific islander
78, 86, 73, 66, 90

You seem to have forgotten black people in your statistical labels.

Whoops, edited it in. Blacks are the 66 percent

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General