Page 5 of 6

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:32 pm
by Petrolheadia
Kanadorika wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:You seem to have forgotten black people in your statistical labels.

Whoops, edited it in. Blacks are the 66 percent

I guessed so.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:33 pm
by Marxist Rainbow
Petrolheadia wrote:
Kanadorika wrote:Whoops, edited it in. Blacks are the 66 percent

I guessed so.


Why did you guess that the lowest number represented the blacks. Hmmm...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 pm
by Petrolheadia
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:I guessed so.


Why did you guess that the lowest number represented the blacks. Hmmm...

Because undereducation is a common problem among black people?

Before you talk about underfunding, I'll remind that schools in Chinatowns, Japantowns, Jewish neighbourhoods, Slav neighbourhoods, Little Italies, etc. were also underfunded.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 pm
by Otira
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:I guessed so.


Why did you guess that the lowest number represented the blacks. Hmmm...

haha what a racist, amirite?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:36 pm
by Marxist Rainbow
Otira wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Why did you guess that the lowest number represented the blacks. Hmmm...

haha what a racist, amirite?


No, but the prejudice and privilege that just radiates from posters in this thread has me a bit taken aback

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:37 pm
by Petrolheadia
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Otira wrote:haha what a racist, amirite?


No, but the prejudice and privilege that just radiates from posters in this thread has me a bit taken aback

Wait until you see racists.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:37 pm
by Kanadorika
The New California Republic wrote:
Otira wrote:
Stupid question but what does it mean to act white? Go to school?

Dunno. It is one of those nebulous things like "straight-acting", nebulous to such an extent that it is effectively meaningless, just a buzzword with no real substance.

Not being statistically more likely to be a gang member than whites and asians helps. Oh, and graduating high school. And not being overly represented in crimes committed in the country.

I want blacks to succeed. I'd rather be called a racist if it means blacks adopt successful means of catching up with white and asians than watch black Americans spiral further down into catastrophe but keep my feelings intact.

Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:I guessed so.


Why did you guess that the lowest number represented the blacks. Hmmm...

Because it's widely known that Black Americans have the lowest graduation rates...

If pointing this out makes someone a racist, people aren't going to give a shit about fixing the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:38 pm
by Marxist Rainbow
Petrolheadia wrote:
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
No, but the prejudice and privilege that just radiates from posters in this thread has me a bit taken aback

Wait until you see racists.


I see them every day, everywhere I look.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:38 pm
by The New California Republic
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Otira wrote:haha what a racist, amirite?


No, but the prejudice and privilege that just radiates from posters in this thread has me a bit taken aback

Where...? I don't see it...?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:39 pm
by Petrolheadia
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:Wait until you see racists.


I see them every day, everywhere I look.

Do they also follow you to the toilet?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:40 pm
by Kanadorika
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Petrolheadia wrote:Wait until you see racists.


I see them every day, everywhere I look.

The racists of the 21st century were the uber-liberals of the past centuries. Many folks considered "racist" by main stream media today would have been considered rather tolerant in the atmosphere of yesteryear.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:42 pm
by Frankland
Kanadorika wrote:
Otira wrote:
Stupid question but what does it mean to act white? Go to school?


Graduating highschool is a big. These are the stats by race in my own state of California.

total, white, hispanic, black, asian/pacific islander
78, 86, 73, 66, 90

Also, rejecting gang culture, encouraging learning and higher education, and ensuring the children grow up in a two parent household helps.

"High school" in America is not an equal bar though. I lived for a while around St Louis and went to college outside Memphis. The schools that cover black majority areas all almost totally under perform and produce students that are of - at least in my experience - questionable literacy. That sounds kind of racist, and it isn't fun to say, but that's the hard truth of it. Throwing money at the schools doesn't really help, since teachers will often teach at white majority schools for less money than a black majority school would pay. Before my family left St Louis my sister was a teacher for < 1 year at a majority black school. Her purse was stolen twice, she was constantly dealing with students fighting. It was a hard life, so she left.
Englar Empire wrote:As long as the blacks think being smart is "acting white", it will be.
The real thing that gets me is "not the cheapest, worst, most miserable place to live" = gentrification. THAT's a tough one in the cities too.

I don't miss it. Get out if you can.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:43 pm
by Otira
Marxist Rainbow wrote:
Otira wrote:haha what a racist, amirite?


No, but the prejudice and privilege that just radiates from posters in this thread has me a bit taken aback


Would you say they aren't soy-consuming numales?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:45 pm
by Valkea
This seems like a red herring, so I'll just go with "Mebbe" and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 pm
by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
No.

Put a black and a white 5 year old kid in a room with toys and video games, with no prior knowledge of what race is, and they will play together just fine.

If a 5 year old doesn't need to be told not to be an asshole to other people beacuse there skin is different, then ignorance isn't the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 pm
by Petrolheadia
Frankland wrote:
Kanadorika wrote:
Graduating highschool is a big. These are the stats by race in my own state of California.

total, white, hispanic, black, asian/pacific islander
78, 86, 73, 66, 90

Also, rejecting gang culture, encouraging learning and higher education, and ensuring the children grow up in a two parent household helps.

"High school" in America is not an equal bar though. I lived for a while around St Louis and went to college outside Memphis. The schools that cover black majority areas all almost totally under perform and produce students that are of - at least in my experience - questionable literacy. That sounds kind of racist, and it isn't fun to say, but that's the hard truth of it. Throwing money at the schools doesn't really help, since teachers will often teach at white majority schools for less money than a black majority school would pay. Before my family left St Louis my sister was a teacher for < 1 year at a majority black school. Her purse was stolen twice, she was constantly dealing with students fighting. It was a hard life, so she left.
Englar Empire wrote:As long as the blacks think being smart is "acting white", it will be.
The real thing that gets me is "not the cheapest, worst, most miserable place to live" = gentrification. THAT's a tough one in the cities too.

I don't miss it. Get out if you can.

The ugly truth for black people is that they have to realize, like Poles, Italians, Chinese, Japanese, Jews, etc. already did, that nobody really cares for their struggle except them, and that they are the folks who need to fix their situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 pm
by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Otira wrote:Considering the OP's national animal and currency are "Numale" and "Soy", both of which are memes constantly spammed from 4chan, without trollnaming I have to suggest that this thread may be something of a falseflag.


Another NS summer thread.

Yay.

I'll give the op this, at least it isn't another ban thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:54 pm
by UniversalCommons
Ignorance is a cause of racism, not an excuse for racism.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:37 pm
by New Spongeia
In my opinion, "racism" is a buzzword used by the preponderance of preeminent left-wing circles to delineate people and groups with whom they don't agree. Racism is a fake word to an absolute extent and I would passionately contend that those such as myself who want nothing more than for every race to survive on a basic level in a place wherein they can provide for themselves and protect their interests without causing detriment to other races are not racists and our beliefs do not, in fact, stem from ignorance. Rather they stem from logical, scientific, and natural empirical truths. Race is real, race matters, race is the foundation of one's identity. It is not racist or ignorant to love your own race. It is natural.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 pm
by The South Falls
New Spongeia wrote:In my opinion, "racism" is a buzzword used by the preponderance of preeminent left-wing circles to delineate people and groups with whom they don't agree. Racism is a fake word to an absolute extent and I would passionately contend that those such as myself who want nothing more than for every race to survive on a basic level in a place wherein they can provide for themselves and protect their interests without causing detriment to other races are not racists and our beliefs do not, in fact, stem from ignorance. Rather they stem from logical, scientific, and natural empirical truths. Race is real, race matters, race is the foundation of one's identity. It is not racist or ignorant to love your own race. It is natural.

What do you mean? I am more than my race. Race isn't the basis for all of us. We are all humans. Loving your race is fine, but at the extent of others, no. Racism is a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 pm
by New Spongeia
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:No.

Put a black and a white 5-year-old kid in a room with toys and video games, with no prior knowledge of what race is, and they will play together just fine.

If a 5-year-old doesn't need to be told not to be an asshole to other people because there skin is different, then ignorance isn't the problem.

The underlying misapprehension that I find with your assertion lies with the instance with which you attempt to justify your conjecture. Indeed, if one were to place two children of different races together and had them play, they would blissfully oblige, however, the two children exemplified have little to no conception or understanding for the world around them, and have no knowledge of the laws of nature to which they are bound. Children at an early age are still trying to understand their surroundings and thus often reach misconceptions, particularly in the area of race and its biological reality, so thus it would be reasonably concluded that two children of the different race who are so unaware of the cultural, biological/genetic, and physical contradistinctions between each other apart from skin color would play together as you suggest in your post.

A study by Dr. Rebecca Bigler demonstrated how children’s logic in trying to understand race can go awry. In a study conducted in 2006 (published in 2008) before Obama was a candidate for president, Bigler and her team asked a group of 5-10-year-old children why they thought all 43 presidents to date were White. She offered possible explanations and a whopping 26% of children endorsed the statement that Blacks could not be president because it was presently (in 2006) illegal! It’s doubtful anyone taught their children that it was illegal in 2006 for a Black person to be president, however children, reasonably I might add, searched the world for a possible reason why this would happen. How could 43 presidents in a row all be from the same racial background?! Certainly illegality would explain such a disparity.

In fact, children are not blind to race. Instead, like all of us, they notice differences, seeing that some people have darker or lighter skin or curlier or straighter hair than others. What’s more, they notice that these features of people’s faces, hair, and bodies seem to mean something because in nearly all towns they predict (to a lesser or greater extent) the neighborhoods people live in, the places they shop, and the cars they drive. White children often learn very quickly, that simple questions or comments about these observations are shut down, stopped, and hushed with incredible velocity. Children become aware that this topic must be important because unlike their other questions, these ones go unanswered and leave their parents with looks of worry.

Decades of research suggests that even if parents are not talking about race, children are noticing it, so avoidance will not make it go away. By 3 or 4 years of age, White children in the U.S., Canada, Australia and Europe show preferences for other White children. For example, while parents generally presuppose that their children show no racial bias, the children on average in innumerable studies tend to favorite Whites to Blacks.

When these children grow older, they will become more acute to the intrinsic diversity of the human genome, and will find that there are inherent biological disparities among different races of people which they come across, eventually leading them to the subconscious realization that they too have a race, and that they too naturally self-segregate themselves as humans biologically prefer to be with those more like them. In the final analysis, while your hypothetical situation is indeed possible, it does not discredit the argument that humans are naturally "racist" by the standard societal definition as well as self-segregating in most if not all scenarios as they grow older.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:13 pm
by Aresin
So like, are we all just gonna let this dude troll us, or should we get a mod?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:19 pm
by New Spongeia
The South Falls wrote:
New Spongeia wrote:In my opinion, "racism" is a buzzword used by the preponderance of preeminent left-wing circles to delineate people and groups with whom they don't agree. Racism is a fake word to an absolute extent and I would passionately contend that those such as myself who want nothing more than for every race to survive on a basic level in a place wherein they can provide for themselves and protect their interests without causing detriment to other races are not racists and our beliefs do not, in fact, stem from ignorance. Rather they stem from logical, scientific, and natural empirical truths. Race is real, race matters, race is the foundation of one's identity. It is not racist or ignorant to love your own race. It is natural.

What do you mean? I am more than my race. Race isn't the basis for all of us. We are all humans. Loving your race is fine, but at the extent of others, no. Racism is a problem.

I completely agree. Everyone has important qualities apart from their race, and yes we are all humans. However at the core of us all we have as the basis of our identity our race. When the FBI wants to profile a man they are surveilling, the first part of their description in our hypothetical scenario is that he is a "middle-aged white man, black hair and tanned."

When anyone describes themselves on a basic level they begin with their name, derived from their culture, nation, or race of origin in most cases. They then describe themselves by addressing their gender and race, two inherently important things which make you who you are.

Most important of all of those is race (name is derived from race too anyway). Who your ancestors were, how they lived, and where they came from is irrefutably the most important and core aspect of what makes a person who they are on a basic predeterministic level, determining who not only they are but where they will go with regards to the culture that surrounds them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:20 pm
by New Spongeia
Aresin wrote:So like, are we all just gonna let this dude troll us, or should we get a mod?

Yes because citing professional studies and debating like a civilized and intelligent well-mannered person is "trolling."

You are afraid of my facts, that's all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:21 pm
by The South Falls
New Spongeia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:What do you mean? I am more than my race. Race isn't the basis for all of us. We are all humans. Loving your race is fine, but at the extent of others, no. Racism is a problem.

I completely agree. Everyone has important qualities apart from their race, and yes we are all humans. However at the core of us all we have as the basis of our identity our race. When the FBI wants to profile a man they are surveilling, the first part of their description in our hypothetical scenario is that he is a "middle-aged white man, black hair and tanned."

When anyone describes themselves on a basic level they begin with their name, derived from their culture, nation, or race of origin in most cases. They then describe themselves by addressing their gender and race, two inherently important things which make you who you are.

Most important of all of those is race (name is derived from race too anyway). Who your ancestors were, how they lived, and where they came from is irrefutably the most important and core aspect of what makes a person who they are on a basic predeterministic level, determining who not only they are but where they will go with regards to the culture that surrounds them.

So, some old dead people in Africa that I've never heard of determine where I'll go in society? That's bullshit. And our race is a part of our identity, but we can be more than our race.