NATION

PASSWORD

Did we come from Incest

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: Did we come from Incest

Postby Der Teutoniker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Issas wrote:
Minnas wrote:Who knows and who cares. We're here, that's enough. Anything else is just speculation.

Nothing in life is certain. It's in human nature to care, that's why pretty much every single known culture on the Earth has had some sort of religion and creation story.

It's also why we have scientific-based speculation on the creation of the universe. We probably can never know, factually, how the universe started, but we have a lot of evidence, so a decent idea of how it seems to have started, but even still, that is mere speculation.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Minnas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnas » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:59 pm

Issas wrote:
Minnas wrote:Who knows and who cares. We're here, that's enough. Anything else is just speculation.

Nothing in life is certain. It's in human nature to care, that's why pretty much every single known culture on the Earth has had some sort of religion and creation story.

I am aware of all that. I just don't bother. I'm here and that's enough for me.
Take your time to trust in me,
and you will find
Infinity...

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Minnas wrote:And I answered the OP's question with: Who knows and who cares? We're here.

We're here, right? Does it matters, now, if we came from 2 siblings shagging each other? Far far faaaaaaaaaaaar into our past? Please. And yes, everything can be speculated. For example... I can speculate that you just feel in the need to have an argument with me. And you can, of course, speculate that I will not give wings to your desire to argue. It's just speculation, mind you, just like we can speculate forever and ever from whence we came from. I just don't care about it. Just adding my 2 cents.

You responded dismissivly to the OP, and I responded similarly to your rather pointless post, explaining why someone might care, indicating that I myself care. You might say, though not so defensively as you already have, that I am just adding my two cents to yours.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Hydrosteria wrote:And what are you then? Everyone knows god is English...

"An Englishman will not win this French tournament. English legs are unsteady on French soil."

"And because French wine is too much for English bellies."

"And most importantly, because the Pope himself is French."

"Well, the Pope may be French, but Jesus is English! You're on!"

A Knight's Tale FTW!
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Minnas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnas » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:01 pm

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Minnas wrote:And I answered the OP's question with: Who knows and who cares? We're here.

We're here, right? Does it matters, now, if we came from 2 siblings shagging each other? Far far faaaaaaaaaaaar into our past? Please. And yes, everything can be speculated. For example... I can speculate that you just feel in the need to have an argument with me. And you can, of course, speculate that I will not give wings to your desire to argue. It's just speculation, mind you, just like we can speculate forever and ever from whence we came from. I just don't care about it. Just adding my 2 cents.

You responded dismissivly to the OP, and I responded similarly to your rather pointless post, explaining why someone might care, indicating that I myself care. You might say, though not so defensively as you already have, that I am just adding my two cents to yours.

I responded to you in kind. That's all I was doing.
Take your time to trust in me,
and you will find
Infinity...

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:01 pm

Minnas wrote:I am aware of all that. I just don't bother. I'm here and that's enough for me.

This would have been a much better response to the OP, it is much more clear.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Minnas wrote:
Der Teutoniker wrote:

I responded to you in kind. That's all I was doing.

In kind to how I responded to you? You mean in style, or simply that your response took the same form as mine, digital text transmitted via a server over the internet?

The Ophelias
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ophelias » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:29 pm

I don't know, I came from my mom's womb and she came from grandma's womb and so forth and so on. Who knows, maybe some NSGers are my cousins or 2nd. cousins or summat.
Ophelia you must remember! Veronica's America is not like--- is not like Charlotte's, one to savor cosmic flavor then Alison whispers, "Remember! Change waltzes in with her sister Pain, waiting for you to send her away. Wish her well, break the chain, break the chain!" I feel you, sweet Ophelia...

Hairless Kitten
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hairless Kitten » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Crownstar wrote:Now first to all Nsers I am 100% strong christian, but I was watching tv and somebody said if Adam and Eve were related and had kids does that mean we all came from Incest? Just a thought.

Nope. That rule is only for christians.

Kyronea
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyronea » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:41 pm

Poliwanacraca wrote:If the human race really did magically start with only one breeding pair, then yes, we quite obviously would have had to come from incest.

Luckily, the Creation story is very far from literal reality, so while I'm sure various of our ancestors committed incest, it at least wasn't the creepy "everyone fuck mom because we have no other option" incest of Genesis. :p

Look at it this way: At least Eve never had to worry about a boring sex life.

Molested Sock
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Molested Sock » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Crownstar wrote:Now first to all Nsers I am 100% strong christian, but I was watching tv and somebody said if Adam and Eve were related and had kids does that mean we all came from Incest? Just a thought.

Yes, though it doesn't mean it caused retardation, of course because of all the past incest now days it increases the chance of retardation, doesn't mean it caused it back then.

I believe I recall seeing that gag on either The Simpsons or The Family Guy.
100% 80% of the time.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Kyronea wrote:
Poliwanacraca wrote:If the human race really did magically start with only one breeding pair, then yes, we quite obviously would have had to come from incest.

Luckily, the Creation story is very far from literal reality, so while I'm sure various of our ancestors committed incest, it at least wasn't the creepy "everyone fuck mom because we have no other option" incest of Genesis. :p

Look at it this way: At least Eve never had to worry about a boring sex life.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
*does not want to picture that*

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 pm

The very fact that every living being on this planet shares a common ancestor necessitates that every human is related on some level. Therefore, anyone you have sex with is, technically speaking, a relative. All secks is by necessity incest. The only thing we can argue about is how incest can we get before it's "bad?"
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:The very fact that every living being on this planet shares a common ancestor necessitates that every human is related on some level. Therefore, anyone you have sex with is, technically speaking, a relative. All secks is by necessity incest. The only thing we can argue about is how incest can we get before it's "bad?"

Mods: My apologies about the big pictures, but I assure you they're relevant.
King Charles II of Spain. Whole host of medical problems. Check out his family tree.
I'd say we'd want to stop before we hit that much incest.

Crownstar
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Crownstar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 am

Milks Empire wrote:
UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:The very fact that every living being on this planet shares a common ancestor necessitates that every human is related on some level. Therefore, anyone you have sex with is, technically speaking, a relative. All secks is by necessity incest. The only thing we can argue about is how incest can we get before it's "bad?"

Mods: My apologies about the big pictures, but I assure you they're relevant.
King Charles II of Spain. Whole host of medical problems. Check out his family tree.
I'd say we'd want to stop before we hit that much incest.

lol

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:53 am

The genome project says we all came from one common ancestor; I think she was from North Africa?

So yeah, I guess you're right.

I doubt the typical problems associated with inbreeding would have presented at that stage of the development of the species.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General