NATION

PASSWORD

[Abortion Thread] (YET ANOTHER POLL!) Taking measure.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What policies would you use to reduce abortion numbers?

Welfare Support for Single Mothers
17%
Free Pregnancy-Related Health Care
17%
Comprehensive Sex Education
21%
Free Contraception
17%
Monetary Incentives (Child Care, Tax Incentives, Kid-Related Healthcare, specify if needed)
13%
No Changes
2%
Procedure Ban (Not outlawing abortion itself, but specific procedures)
3%
Outright Ban (With exceptions or without)
10%

Total votes : 2870

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Godular wrote:
Your arguments have not been convincing in regards to why we should alter the status quo. Your best bet would be to argue from our perspective, rather than try to brow-beat us into accepting yours.

You are not the status quo.

I am not the status quo. The status quo is that legalist realism crap, and I hate the status quo.

Yes, how dare the status quo be realistic.

But if you are simply following what the law says, than you are not trying to alter the status quo, and there is no point in you even talking about this.

I'm going with that which is logically consistent and treats everyone with equivalent respect.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:16 pm

Kernen wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:And when you die, it will be your choice to make, and I sadly doubt you'll be alone if you do that. But I imagine you'll be far better off to swallow your pride and fight through the fires of purgatory so as to in the end "become like God" as He promised.

Nah.

God gave you free will, so there's nothing that I nor He can do about it if you really want to go to Hell...
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Kernen wrote:
Nah.

God gave you free will, so there's nothing that I nor He can do about it if you really want to go to Hell...

The concept of free will is exactly why I'm making that choice. :) That, and I find the concept of eternal love for my fellow man to be a putrid, saccharine one.
Last edited by Kernen on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Godular wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:I am not the status quo. The status quo is that legalist realism crap, and I hate the status quo.

But if you are simply following what the law says, than you are not trying to alter the status quo, and there is no point in you even talking about this.

I'm going with that which is logically consistent and treats everyone with equivalent respect.

Except the unborn...
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Kernen wrote:
Nah.

Your deity is not the one and only in the universe - the size of which would strike your bronze age deity dumb if you realised how vast it is.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Godular wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:But even the idea that someone else has replicated your findings in an experiment requires perception to know.

You say that as if it challenges my argument. It really does not.

The idea that there is any truth whatsoever to your senses could be entirely made up by your senses. There is literally no way to know or measure anything.

Yes there is: Do it yourself. Seriously.

I have found that life contains two positions which nobody can disprove. One is nihilism. The other is Catholicism,

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA False dichotomy.

If you can't disagree with one of my postulates, than you must agree to my conclusion, or be guilty of hypocrisy.

You assumed your bullshit conclusion. Multiple parties called you on your bullshit. You keep acting as if nobody countered your bullshit argument when you keep not bothering to go back and read how you got called on your bullshit. I quoted your post and stopped it at the exact moment that the bullshit became too blatant to ignore. I prefer Salandriagado's response to your bullshit, however, as he actually had the fortitude to just go through your bullshit argument piece by piece from the get go.

If it's bullshit, you should have no problem disproving bullshit. Go give it a shot.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Godular wrote:

Except the unborn...

Incorrect. My position on the matter gives even a fetus equal treatment under the law.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Godular wrote:
You say that as if it challenges my argument. It really does not.

Yes there is: Do it yourself. Seriously.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA False dichotomy.

You assumed your bullshit conclusion. Multiple parties called you on your bullshit. You keep acting as if nobody countered your bullshit argument when you keep not bothering to go back and read how you got called on your bullshit. I quoted your post and stopped it at the exact moment that the bullshit became too blatant to ignore. I prefer Salandriagado's response to your bullshit, however, as he actually had the fortitude to just go through your bullshit argument piece by piece from the get go.

If it's bullshit, you should have no problem disproving bullshit. Go give it a shot.

I did. Damn. I'm not going to do it again because you've demonstrated the attention span of a hyperactive squirrel.
New to F7? Click here!

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:God gave you free will, so there's nothing that I nor He can do about it if you really want to go to Hell...

Your deity is not the one and only in the universe - the size of which would strike your bronze age deity dumb if you realised how vast it is.

God is not in the universe, the universe is a creation of the mind of God, and would cease to exist instantaneously if he were to for one moment take His mind off of it, as would you if he were to take his mind off of you.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:21 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Your deity is not the one and only in the universe - the size of which would strike your bronze age deity dumb if you realised how vast it is.

God is not in the universe, the universe is a creation of the mind of God, and would cease to exist instantaneously if he were to for one moment take His mind off of it, as would you if he were to take his mind off of you.

I invite him to do so. Nonexistence sounds better than the dichotomy he offers.

Maybe, if it works out, he can get distracted over unwanted fetuses.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:22 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Your deity is not the one and only in the universe - the size of which would strike your bronze age deity dumb if you realised how vast it is.

Just like Santa Claus the existence of any deity in my mind, along with their puny threats is completely dependent on me accepting their presence there. I do not accept them. Ergo they do not exist for me. Ergo this conversation is irrelevant.
Counter: Whyfor do you deny the true and only deities of the one and true faith?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:24 pm

God created the universe right?
God created cats, right?
Cats kill their offspring right after birth if the kittens are not responsive enough. They will bite open the tummy of the kitten.

God created rabbits, right?
Rabbits reasorb fetuses if the rabbit hole is overpopulated. You know this happened when your rabbit pees reddish urine.

God created komodo dragons, right?
They (and some other lizards) can mate and decide when to become pregnant. 1 female is known to have stored the semen 4 years .

You really think God wants you to have children you won't love, understand or care for?
In the bible, God stated: go forth and procreate.
But do you really think that this means you have to have a child every year? For the rest of your fertile life? So you have 20+ children.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:God is not in the universe, the universe is a creation of the mind of God, and would cease to exist instantaneously if he were to for one moment take His mind off of it, as would you if he were to take his mind off of you.

Just like Santa Claus the existence of any deity in my mind, along with their puny threats is completely dependent on me accepting their presence there. I do not accept them. Ergo they do not exist for me. Ergo this conversation is irrelevant.
Counter: Whyfor do you deny the true and only deities of the one and true faith?

HOW DARE YOU DENY THE NOODLY GOODNESS OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER?!
New to F7? Click here!

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:25 pm

Godular wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Just like Santa Claus the existence of any deity in my mind, along with their puny threats is completely dependent on me accepting their presence there. I do not accept them. Ergo they do not exist for me. Ergo this conversation is irrelevant.

Maybe A-B-H is gluten intolerant?

Lawful Evil

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:27 pm

Kernen wrote:
Godular wrote:

Maybe A-B-H is gluten intolerant?

GLUTEN-FREE NOODLES!

Hell, I had some gluten-free blueberry muffins the other day. Surprisingly tasty, if a little doughy.
New to F7? Click here!

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:30 pm

Antityranicals wrote:

I will note that this is not a thread about god, please make sure to keep this related to abortion.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:God is not in the universe, the universe is a creation of the mind of God, and would cease to exist instantaneously if he were to for one moment take His mind off of it, as would you if he were to take his mind off of you.

I will note that this is not a thread about god, please male sure to keep this related to abortion.

I think the last few pages have been a rather extensive effort to get them to try arguing from our perspective rather than trying to jam their own down our throats.
New to F7? Click here!

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Godular wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:I will note that this is not a thread about god, please male sure to keep this related to abortion.

I think the last few pages have been a rather extensive effort to get them to try arguing from our perspective rather than trying to jam their own down our throats.

No warning or anything like that, just a note to keep it on topic since I have seen (and participated) in threadjacks that start like this.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Godular wrote:

No warning or anything like that, just a note to keep it on topic since I have seen (and participated) in threadjacks that start like this.

This can't be argued without God. Without God, there is no morality, there are no rights, there is no point to this. Without God, there is no reason other than practical ones why one cannot kill, rape, and terrorize, and there is thus no debate, because even if I do get it across that abortion is murder, it doesn't matter.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:44 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:No warning or anything like that, just a note to keep it on topic since I have seen (and participated) in threadjacks that start like this.

This can't be argued without God.

Welp, you're screwed.

I dunno 'bout any of the other folks here, but I'll rather specifically reject any argument based on God.
Last edited by Godular on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:49 pm

Godular wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:This can't be argued without God.

Welp, you're screwed.

I dunno 'bout any of the other folks here, but I'll rather specifically reject any argument based on God.

You...weren't already? :P
Last edited by Kernen on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawful Evil

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Kernen wrote:
Godular wrote:
Welp, you're screwed.

You...weren't already? :P

Oh, sorry... I meant in future posts, just in case they had not already figured out my SOP.
New to F7? Click here!

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Godular wrote:
Kernen wrote:You...weren't already? :P

Oh, sorry... I meant in future posts, just in case they had not already figured out my SOP.

Alright, then will you at least accept that you are amoral? Because without God, there is no other logical conclusion.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Godular wrote:

Alright, then will you at least accept that you are amoral?

No.

Because without God, there is no other logical conclusion.

Yes there is. Humanity made morals.
New to F7? Click here!

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:58 pm

Godular wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Alright, then will you at least accept that you are amoral?

No.

Because without God, there is no other logical conclusion.

Yes there is. Humanity made morals.

That doesn't make sense. Does that mean I just get to make my own morals? That sounds pretty amoral to me...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General