NATION

PASSWORD

[Abortion Thread] (YET ANOTHER POLL!) Taking measure.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What policies would you use to reduce abortion numbers?

Welfare Support for Single Mothers
17%
Free Pregnancy-Related Health Care
17%
Comprehensive Sex Education
21%
Free Contraception
17%
Monetary Incentives (Child Care, Tax Incentives, Kid-Related Healthcare, specify if needed)
13%
No Changes
2%
Procedure Ban (Not outlawing abortion itself, but specific procedures)
3%
Outright Ban (With exceptions or without)
10%

Total votes : 2870

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Zohiania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Provided you follow aftercare instructions, they are safe procedures.

Complications from abortions aren't uncommon, as your body doesn't consider the removal of a ordinary biological product of reproduction namely, the unborn baby, so it is not surprising the pill and procedures have numerous side effects.

You can have complications from having a tooth removed. Provided the procedure is done by qualified doctors, and the patient follows after care, complications are as low as 1%. It’s is a safe procedure.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Zephyr Dreams wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Except you haven't been proven right. You claimed that they needed the masks in abortion clinics. They clearly do not.

So you're admitting abortion clinics are not healthcare providers then since they can't order those masks? Just so we're clear.

Another strawman. Did you get them in a sale or something?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Purple Rats
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purple Rats » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Provided you follow aftercare instructions, they are safe procedures.

They are safe, in general, but not "extremely safe", as there can be side effects, which happen even if you do everything like told. I mean, it can happen right in hospital, just soon after taking pill.
(if we talk about pill method)

Zohiania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby Zohiania » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:15 pm

The varied complication rates for abortion are usually between 1.4-2.2% across the globe in places where they are reported
"Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law."
-Immanuel Kant

EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME I WANT YOU TO KNOW I STILL LOVE YOU

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Zephyr Dreams wrote:
So you're admitting abortion clinics are not healthcare providers then since they can't order those masks? Just so we're clear.

Another strawman. Did you get them in a sale or something?

It's all walmart has left. No toilet paper, no pasta, no soup. Only strawmen.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 pm

Galloism wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The thread however is not about vasectomies.

Again, the right to abortion is based on right to acceptable medical procedures.

We either do, or do not have, that right. This applies to all voluntary procedures just like abortion, but despite them barring literally all voluntarily medical procedures, only this one gets a backlash (a well deserved one, but still, a backlash), so why is this one the special procedure, when banning all the others is fine?

Sure, but this thread is about right to abortion during an emergency. Not about every procedure that’s been put on hold. Or vasectomies. I get where you’re coming from, it’s about having a right to your reproduction. But that’s not the point here.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 pm

Purple Rats wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Provided you follow aftercare instructions, they are safe procedures.

They are safe, in general, but not "extremely safe", as there can be side effects, which happen even if you do everything like told. I mean, it can happen right in hospital, just soon after taking pill.

Wait, we're quibbling about the use of 'extremely'? Seems a rather trivial issue.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm

Purple Rats wrote:

Every procedure carries risks. Provided it’s done well and aftercare is followed, risks of side effects are as low as 1%. That’s quite safe.
Slava Ukraini

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Purple Rats wrote:

Every procedure carries risks. Provided it’s done well and aftercare is followed, risks of side effects are as low as 1%. That’s quite safe.

And given the anecdote previously used, I'd say the clinic did more than its due diligence in making sure the risk and repercussions of such complications were minimized.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Galloism wrote:Again, the right to abortion is based on right to acceptable medical procedures.

We either do, or do not have, that right. This applies to all voluntary procedures just like abortion, but despite them barring literally all voluntarily medical procedures, only this one gets a backlash (a well deserved one, but still, a backlash), so why is this one the special procedure, when banning all the others is fine?

Sure, but this thread is about right to abortion during an emergency. Not about every procedure that’s been put on hold. Or vasectomies. I get where you’re coming from, it’s about having a right to your reproduction. But that’s not the point here.

Again, it's a question of rights.

Do we have the right to acceptable medical procedures even in an emergency? If no, why is this the exception? If yes, why are we not pointing out how everything else is barred? Why is this one special?

And it's not a timing issue, as that applies to many voluntary medical procedures.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Godular wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

And given the anecdote previously used, I'd say the clinic did more than its due diligence in making sure the risk and repercussions of such complications were minimized.

Pretty much. I’m going to, however, remind some here that in the US, abortions are mostly carried out at clinics. Meaning? Their operation doesn’t take away from a hospital.
Slava Ukraini

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Which we're not allowed to call torture or abuse because there's no physical force involved.

Not to mention the abusive shit he proposed whatever woman was unfortunate enough to call him husband would be put through.

Who is this madman and should I be concerned that he exists?

And why would anyone abuse their wife tbh. Man, if I had a girlfriend right now, I would be treating her like royalty, and here's this weirdo threatening to do that kind of stuff.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm

And here we are, in the real abortion thread!
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Galloism wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Again, it's a question of rights.

Do we have the right to acceptable medical procedures even in an emergency? If no, why is this the exception? If yes, why are we not pointing out how everything else is barred? Why is this one special?

And it's not a timing issue, as that applies to many voluntary medical procedures.

You clearly are too wrapped up on your pet project to understand that this thread is about abortion as a right during an emergency. Not every procedure. But I’m too tired today to go in circles.
Slava Ukraini

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Farnhamia wrote:And here we are, in the real abortion thread!

It has taken us up to 499 pages though. Time for Godular to start making a new one soon.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Um... shit... I'm gonna haveta start up a new abortion thread, we're right at the mark. So... PENDING...
Last edited by Godular on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New to F7? Click here!

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Godular wrote:

Pretty much. I’m going to, however, remind some here that in the US, abortions are mostly carried out at clinics. Meaning? Their operation doesn’t take away from a hospital.

But but but an OBGYN surely can help grandma with her respiratory virus?????
I scream a lot.

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Purple Rats
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purple Rats » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Every procedure carries risks.

True, and I am not arguing in a way that it would be too dangerous to do, but it seems unwise to present it like "extremely safe", as this makes it seem like there are no risks.

Or maybe I just have different understanding what means something to be 'extremely safe'.

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

[Abortion Thread] (YET ANOTHER POLL!) Taking measure.

Postby Deacarsia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:23 pm

What just happened to this thread? Just a moment ago it was one thread, but now it is part of another!
Last edited by Deacarsia on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Probably yes.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Deacarsia wrote:What just happened to this thread? Just a moment ago it was one thread, but now it is part of another.

Merged by mod.

Wave on, wave on

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Deacarsia wrote:What just happened to this thread? Just a moment ago it was one thread, but now it is part of another!

*smiles*
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Def-definitely.

Purple Rats wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

True, and I am not arguing in a way that it would be too dangerous to do, but it seems unwise to present it like "extremely safe", as this makes it seem like there are no risks.

Or maybe I just have different understanding what means something to be 'extremely safe'.

Your gripe is over the use of “extremely safe”? Oh my word. :lol2:
Slava Ukraini

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Purple Rats wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

You are not understanding.
"Extremely safe" means "very low risk." Hospitalization is necessary in less than 1% of abortions, surgical or medical. That qualifies it as very low-risk.
I scream a lot.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Galloism wrote:Again, it's a question of rights.

You clearly are too wrapped up on your pet project to understand that this thread is about abortion as a right during an emergency. Not every procedure. But I’m too tired today to go in circles.

These are valid questions, why is abortion more rightful than other procedures of its kind.

There's a reason why we can close down most stores and leave grocery and pharmacy stores open (we recognize them as purveyors of essential goods). There's a reason why with the same we keep gun stores open (they are purveyors of a right).

But, and this is important, if we close down all voluntary medical procedures, even those that are time sensitive IE vasectomy or bone spur removal, but leave abortion providers open, we must have a reason why that is the exception to the general closure law. So far no one has said what that is yet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General