NATION

PASSWORD

[Abortion Thread] (YET ANOTHER POLL!) Taking measure.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What policies would you use to reduce abortion numbers?

Welfare Support for Single Mothers
17%
Free Pregnancy-Related Health Care
17%
Comprehensive Sex Education
21%
Free Contraception
17%
Monetary Incentives (Child Care, Tax Incentives, Kid-Related Healthcare, specify if needed)
13%
No Changes
2%
Procedure Ban (Not outlawing abortion itself, but specific procedures)
3%
Outright Ban (With exceptions or without)
10%

Total votes : 2870

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:37 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Grapasia wrote:alexa play hoes mad

...what?

I like babies more than I like a lack of consequences for mashing them up

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:38 am

Grapasia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:...what?

...Good thing no one's doing that, then?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:39 am

Grapasia wrote:

What an evocative and utterly inaccurate image! :roll:

Foetuses are not babies. Most abortions are performed at less than 10 weeks. And they are typically non-surgical (by pill or injection).
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:41 am

Grapasia wrote:

Emotive appeal noted and discarded.
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:53 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Grapasia wrote:I like babies more than I like a lack of consequences for mashing them up

What an evocative and utterly inaccurate image! :roll:

Foetuses are not babies. Most abortions are performed at less than 10 weeks. And they are typically non-surgical (by pill or injection).

https://news.yahoo.com/illinois-house-p ... 23174.html
If only the situation stayed that way and the slippery slope was just a fallacy.
Abortion is as disheartening as it is in the eyes of certain people for a reason. You have the ability to create life, you conceive the beginnings of that life (even if it is an unconscious meat popsicle floating around in a uterus) and then you terminate it before it has a chance to exist as you do at will using technology developed to save lives. It's spooked and it's feelsy but that reaction exists within the framework of the human psyche for a reason, and to pretend that abortion is about anything other than freedom from consequences of one's actions with that in mind is disingenuous in my opinion. Unfortunately, being free of the negative consequences of your actions usually leads you to behave in a much more dysfunctional way than you would have otherwise. If you told me to walk between the roofs of two buildings on a tightrope, I would be much more willing to have a go with a safety harness on than I would without. What kind of behaviour do we want to encourage among the people we see every day and our posterity? What kind of attitude towards life in general to we want to encourage? Due to human nature we cannot always have nice things sadly, just ask the average person about their thoughts on communism and you'll find that they too agree with this general concept on some level.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:01 am

Grapasia wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:What an evocative and utterly inaccurate image! :roll:

If only the situation stayed that way and the slippery slope was just a fallacy.
Abortion is as disheartening as it is in the eyes of certain people for a reason. You have the ability to create life, you conceive the beginnings of that life (even if it is an unconscious meat popsicle floating around in a uterus) and then you terminate it before it has a chance to exist as you do at will using technology developed to save lives. It's spooked and it's feelsy but that reaction exists within the framework of the human psyche for a reason, and to pretend that abortion is about anything other than freedom from consequences of one's actions with that in mind is disingenuous in my opinion. Unfortunately, being free of the negative consequences of your actions usually leads you to behave in a much more dysfunctional way than you would have otherwise. If you told me to walk between the roofs of two buildings on a tightrope, I would be much more willing to have a go with a safety harness on than I would without. What kind of behaviour do we want to encourage among the people we see every day and our posterity? What kind of attitude towards life in general to we want to encourage? Due to human nature we cannot always have nice things sadly, just ask the average person about their thoughts on communism and you'll find that they too agree with this general concept on some level.

Except for the small detail that having an abortion IS accepting consequences, just like accepting surgery after a car accident where you did not wear you seatbelt.
Not accepting consquences is shrugging the pregnancy off, having the kid and tossing it in a dumpster. The Catholic solution.
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:01 am

The Caleshan Valkyrie wrote:
Grapasia wrote:I like babies more than I like a lack of consequences for mashing them up

The above post addresses this. What looks like sad sack moral posturing over dead babies should become a lot more important to you when the act of mashing them up is quite evidently related to the way people behave in general, depending on whether or not they are given a safety net for their dysfunctional actions. It is just as important to you and society in general as the state teaching children to read is, or (a better comparison) respect for the elderly is.
Last edited by Grapasia on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:02 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Grapasia wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/illinois-house-p ... 23174.html

Except for the small detail that having an abortion IS accepting consequences, just like accepting surgery after a car accident where you did not wear you seatbelt.

Nothing suspicious about a freshly baked account jumping on with a hyperbolic stance on abortion.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 am

Grapasia wrote:

The above post addresses this. What looks like sad sack moral posturing over dead babies should become a lot more important to you when the act of mashing them up is quite evidently related to the way people behave in general, depending on whether or not they are given a safety net for their dysfunctional actions. It is just as important to you and society in general as the state teaching children to read is, or (a better comparison) respect for the elderly is.

Who's mashing up babies?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:06 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Grapasia wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/illinois-house-p ... 23174.html

So getting pregnant is on the same level as getting into a car accident? Reproducing is on the same level as having to be put on dialysis for rhabdomyolysis and needing to get your arteries cauterised by a doctor? Is this a healthy attitude for the average person to hold?

Gormwood wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Nothing suspicious about a freshly baked account jumping on with a hyperbolic stance on abortion.

How is this hyperbolic at all? I am willing to acknowledge that there isn't much going on inside the head of somebody/thing without a heartbeat.
Last edited by Grapasia on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:10 am

Grapasia wrote:

Okay... Let's try to untangle this...

Grapasia wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/illinois-house-p ... 23174.htmlIf only the situation stayed that way and the slippery slope was just a fallacy.

I never claimed abortions were only performed before 10 weeks.

When abortions are performed late term (which is rare, about 1.3% of pregnancies are performed after 21 weeks), they are generally performed for medical reasons -- either for the foetus or mother (or, sometimes, because super-restrictive laws made abortion hard to access earlier).

Grapasia wrote:You have the ability to create life, you conceive the beginnings of that life (even if it is an unconscious meat popsicle floating around in a uterus) and then you terminate it before it has a chance to exist as you do at will using technology developed to save lives

Appeal to emotion, noted and ignored.

Grapasia wrote:Unfortunately, being free of the negative consequences of your actions usually leads you to behave in a much more dysfunctional way than you would have otherwise.

Firstly, abortion is not being free of the consequences. Having an abortion involves taking responsibility. And it is not true that lack of availability of abortions will lead to people not seeking abortions, or needing abortions. Countries with restrictive abortion laws have just as many, if not more abortions as countries with more liberal abortion laws.

In the USA, with the population of 327.2 million, there were a reported 638,169 abortions in 2015. In Brazil, with a population of 209.7 million (where abortion is illegal in all circumstances), 1-4 million abortions are performed each year.

Grapasia wrote:What kind of behaviour do we want to encourage among the people we see every day and our posterity?

Respecting the bodily sovereignty of born people would be a good place to start.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:11 am

Grapasia wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

So getting pregnant is on the same level as getting into a car accident? Reproducing is on the same level as having to be put on dialysis for rhabdomyolysis and needing to get your arteries cauterised by a doctor? Is this a healthy attitude for the average person to hold?

If you prefer we can compare being pregnant to giving another person a 9-month livesaving bloodtransfusion.
And then note that you have the right to stop that transfusion at every time you desire, even though that kills the recipient.

But yes. If we are talking about consequences the getting surgery after not wearing a seatbelt analogy is accurate.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:16 am

Grapasia wrote:

1. Yay, some sanity!
2. Doesn’t necessarily address FJS’ point.

It IS a fallacy, and for good reason.

Abortion is as disheartening as it is in the eyes of certain people for a reason. You have the ability to create life, you conceive the beginnings of that life (even if it is an unconscious meat popsicle floating around in a uterus) and then you terminate it before it has a chance to exist as you do at will using technology developed to save lives. It's spooked and it's feelsy but that reaction exists within the framework of the human psyche for a reason, and to pretend that abortion is about anything other than freedom from consequences of one's actions with that in mind is disingenuous in my opinion.

It is moreso to claim that women get abortions to be ‘free of consequences’. Also more than a little misogynistic, when taken in concert with your ‘hoes mad’ jab.

Unfortunately, being free of the negative consequences of your actions usually leads you to behave in a much more dysfunctional way than you would have otherwise. If you told me to walk between the roofs of two buildings on a tightrope, I would be much more willing to have a go with a safety harness on than I would without.

Shitty comparison makes a shitty point. Also, pregnancy as a punishment! I’d tell everyone to drink, but if this were an actual drinking game we would long ago have died to alcohol poisoning on that line alone.

What kind of behaviour do we want to encourage among the people we see every day and our posterity?

Equitable behavior, where the woman isn’t called a ‘slut’ for having the temerity to realize she does not wish to be pregnant.

What kind of attitude towards life in general to we want to encourage?

Where women can provide the best environment and atmosphere for their child WHEN they decide to bring one into the world.

Due to human nature we cannot always have nice things sadly.

Doesn’t mean you should actively make it WORSE.
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society founded by mongols and vikings (and later with multiple other Asian and Native American cultures) motivated by an intrinsic devotion to the spirit of competition. They'll walk softly, talk softly, and make soothing noises as they stab you in the back and take your stuff... unless you're another Caleshan, whereupon they'll only stab you in the back figuratively!

Used NS stats: Population. That’s it. Anything else not stated in the factbooks is not used.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

The Caleshan Valkyrie
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:21 am

Grapasia wrote:

The above post addresses this.

No, it does not. Your use of ‘mashing’ as a term reflects little more than your ignorance of the process and an attempt to say ‘abortion is icky’.

Most any medical procedure is. That is no excuse to ban ‘any medical procedure’.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:25 am

Grapasia wrote:

And who is doing that? Abortion doesn't involve that.

Grapasia wrote:then you terminate it before it has a chance to exist as you do at will using technology developed to save lives.

What technology are you referring to?

Grapasia wrote:to pretend that abortion is about anything other than freedom from consequences of one's actions with that in mind is disingenuous in my opinion.

It's nice to see that you are using the same arguments that have been debunked thousands of times on this and past abortion threads. It makes it easier just to ignore such parts of your argument and move on.

Grapasia wrote:Unfortunately, being free of the negative consequences of your actions usually leads you to behave in a much more dysfunctional way than you would have otherwise.

Having an abortion in and of itself is very often a negative experience for a woman, because of the stress involved in it; so saying that an abortion leaves a woman free of negative consequences is categorically bullshit.

Grapasia wrote:Due to human nature we cannot always have nice things sadly, just ask the average person about their thoughts on communism and you'll find that they too agree with this general concept on some level.

What the fuck is with this randomly thrown in reference to communism? It makes no sense. :lol2:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:29 am

Grapasia wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Except for the small detail that having an abortion IS accepting consequences, just like accepting surgery after a car accident where you did not wear you seatbelt.

You just compared it to falling off a tightrope, so... hello mister No-Room-To-Talk, I'm Calling-You-On-Your-Bullshit! Nice to meet you!
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:32 am

Firstly, abortion is not being free of the consequences. Having an abortion involves taking responsibility.

Taking responsibility at the last minute isn't a good thing.
Regards, most people (I'd imagine) here's time at high school and university.

The Free Joy State wrote:In the USA, with the population of 327.2 million, there were a reported 638,169 abortions in 2015. In Brazil, with a population of 209.7 million (where abortion is illegal in all circumstances), 1-4 million abortions are performed each year.

Brazil is not a good place to live man, their society has the negatives of both the first and third world. Look at their homicide rate and tell me that is a society as functional as America. Are you suggesting Brazil should embrace the fact it needs that many abortions?

Grapasia wrote:What kind of behaviour do we want to encourage among the people we see every day and our posterity?

Respecting the bodily sovereignty of born people would be a good place to start.

Bodily sovereignty to do what? There was no Peace of Westphalia for reproductive organs. I'd rather not pay as much for people's truvada and diabetes meds if the people able to guide society can help it at all.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:36 am

Grapasia wrote:Regards, most people (I'd imagine) here's time at high school and university.

Huh? What? :eyebrow:

Grapasia wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:In the USA, with the population of 327.2 million, there were a reported 638,169 abortions in 2015. In Brazil, with a population of 209.7 million (where abortion is illegal in all circumstances), 1-4 million abortions are performed each year.

Are you suggesting Brazil should embrace the fact it needs that many abortions?

I see that you completely missed the point that Free Joy was making. :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:39 am

The Alma Mater wrote:If you prefer we can compare being pregnant to giving another person a 9-month livesaving bloodtransfusion.
And then note that you have the right to stop that transfusion at every time you desire, even though that kills the recipient.

Okay, this is epic.

Godular wrote:
Grapasia wrote:So getting pregnant is on the same level as getting into a car accident? Reproducing is on the same level as having to be put on dialysis for rhabdomyolysis and needing to get your arteries cauterised by a doctor? Is this a healthy attitude for the average person to hold?

You just compared it to falling off a tightrope, so... hello mister No-Room-To-Talk, I'm Calling-You-On-Your-Bullshit! Nice to meet you!

No I didn't. I compared having a safety net for performing dysfunctional actions to having a safety harness for walking on a tightrope, the harness makes people much more willing to walk down it. I agree with abortion in case of rape but that's certainly not the case the vast majority of the time, getting pregnant is usually (and hopefully) voluntary unlike a car accident where another dickhead slams into you and half-kills you. You don't usually die when you give birth either, although if that is the case I'd opt for abortion too. I'm very clearly talking about what attitude should be fostered among the general public regarding careless and voluntary actions.

Grapasia wrote:The above post addresses this.

No, it does not. Your use of ‘mashing’ as a term reflects little more than your ignorance of the process and an attempt to say ‘abortion is icky’.

Most any medical procedure is. That is no excuse to ban ‘any medical procedure’.

I stand corrected, the foetuses are usually cremated and any mashing is purely collateral. Doesn't discredit the argument on attitudes to consequences though.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:39 am

Grapasia wrote:
Firstly, abortion is not being free of the consequences. Having an abortion involves taking responsibility.

If that were in any way the case, I'm sure that might even be remotely true.

Bodily sovereignty to do what?

To not have their body used by another person without their consent. That'd be a great starting point.

There was no Peace of Westphalia for reproductive organs.

How remarkably irrelevant.

I'd rather not pay as much for people's truvada and diabetes meds if the people able to guide society can help it at all.

While a laudable sentiment, still remarkably irrelevant.
Last edited by Godular on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:40 am

Grapasia wrote:

Why is an abortion (which are often performed early in the pregnancy, as outlined) "taking responsibility at the last minute" but being trapped with an unplanned pregnancy that you are panicking wondering how to afford not?

Regards, most people (I'd imagine) here's time at high school and university.

And the relevance of this is?

Brazil is not a good place to live man, their society has the negatives of both the first and third world. Look at their homicide rate and tell me that is a society as functional as America. Are you suggesting Brazil should embrace the fact it needs that many abortions?

I am suggesting that it would need fewer abortions if it had better, more open sex education and contraception, and abortion was freely available as a last resort.

I can give, for comparison, the UK: teen conceptions have halved in 20 years, thanks to free contraception and mandatory sex education (and abortions are also available on the NHS)

Bodily sovereignty to do what? There was no Peace of Westphalia for reproductive organs. I'd rather not pay as much for people's truvada and diabetes meds if the people able to guide society can help it at all.

Bodily sovereignty is an absolute right.

It prevents people being raped, enslaved, given cruel or unusual punishment and -- yes -- it also covers reproductive rights (including that of contraception or abortion).

It's a shame you'd rather not pay for it. But, things you'd rather not aren't a matter of law.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:47 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Grapasia wrote:
Are you suggesting Brazil should embrace the fact it needs that many abortions?

I see that you completely missed the point that Free Joy was making. :roll:

Brazil does not have more abortions because it banned abortions. Brazil has more abortions for the same reason the ghetto has more abortions, it's not a good place to live. A certain world leader who I do not feel the need to name would go as far as to call it a shithole. Is encouraging the high time preference of the people living in Brazil that seems to be intertwined with so many of their problems by aborting the consequences of casual sex (which is causing STD rates to skyrocket, by the way) really a good idea? Their high murder rate is per capita so less of them won't fix that, same with their poverty and their corrupt vote-bribing faux-social democratic government.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:52 am

Grapasia wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:If you prefer we can compare being pregnant to giving another person a 9-month livesaving bloodtransfusion.

Okay, this is epic.

Godular wrote:

No I didn't.

Yes, in point of fact you did. While trying to yammer out your comments about how safety nets make people behave differently (which is irrelevant anyway), you essentially concurred with our position that getting pregnant without wanting to be is essentially an injury. Our position is that any such injury should be treated if the person wishes it to be treated.

I agree with abortion in case of rape but that's certainly not the case the vast majority of the time, getting pregnant is usually (and hopefully) voluntary unlike a car accident where another dickhead slams into you and half-kills you.

Yet you accept the risk of a car accident when you get behind the wheel of the car, thus it is every bit as voluntary as walking a tightrope. Acknowledging the risk does not mean that you should be precluded from getting treatment, however.

You don't usually die when you give birth either, although if that is the case I'd opt for abortion too. I'm very clearly talking about what attitude should be fostered among the general public regarding careless and voluntary actions.

Pregnancy is inherently life-threatening. There are any number of complications that can take a woman from zero to six-feet-under within the span of minutes and with no forewarning whatsoever. If the woman does not wish to undertake those very extant risks, who are you to gainsay her?

No, it does not. Your use of ‘mashing’ as a term reflects little more than your ignorance of the process and an attempt to say ‘abortion is icky’.Most any medical procedure is. That is no excuse to ban ‘any medical procedure’.

I stand corrected, the foetuses are usually cremated and any mashing is purely collateral.

This largely fails to address the actual point.

Doesn't discredit the argument on attitudes to consequences though.

Yes it does. It demonstrates your ignorance on the topic and testifies to your inability to form an otherwise cogent argument.
Last edited by Godular on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
New to F7? Click here!

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:54 am

Godular, you might want to fix your quotes. You've made it look like you said those things.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:55 am

Grapasia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:I see that you completely missed the point that Free Joy was making. :roll:

Brazil does not have more abortions because it banned abortions.

And Free Joy is also making the point that banning abortions is totally ineffective.

Grapasia wrote:Is encouraging the high time preference of the people living in Brazil that seems to be intertwined with so many of their problems by aborting the consequences of casual sex (which is causing STD rates to skyrocket, by the way) really a good idea?

Again you seem to have missed the point that regardless of the ban on the procedure there are still millions of abortions performed there every year, so you are talking complete shite when you imply that the ability to have an abortion is somehow causally related to the incidences of casual sex.

Grapasia wrote: Their high murder rate is per capita so less of them won't fix that, same with their poverty and their corrupt vote-bribing faux-social democratic government.

And then you just go on a really fucking weird rant here, so I won't even bother touching this; I'll just leave you with your ranting. :roll:
Last edited by The New California Republic on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wave on, wave on

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General