NATION

PASSWORD

[Abortion Thread] (YET ANOTHER POLL!) Taking measure.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What policies would you use to reduce abortion numbers?

Welfare Support for Single Mothers
17%
Free Pregnancy-Related Health Care
17%
Comprehensive Sex Education
21%
Free Contraception
17%
Monetary Incentives (Child Care, Tax Incentives, Kid-Related Healthcare, specify if needed)
13%
No Changes
2%
Procedure Ban (Not outlawing abortion itself, but specific procedures)
3%
Outright Ban (With exceptions or without)
10%

Total votes : 2870

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:13 pm

Estanglia wrote:
Triassica wrote:Objective fact is that the right to abortion, up till the late term at least, to be absolute. The likely overturning of Roe V Wade should be seen as illegitimate and rebelled against by abortion supporters everywhere.

The overturning of Roe V Wade wouldn't immediately ban abortions, it would allow for legislation to be passed to ban or limit abortion. So, if a heavily Republican state wanted to ban abortions, it could.

And such bans should be seen as illegitimate and rebelled against, especially with the second amendment as women and doctors will likely be prosecuted for practicing their inalienable rights.
Last edited by Triassica on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Estanglia wrote:
Triassica wrote:Objective fact is that the right to abortion, up till the late term at least, to be absolute. The likely overturning of Roe V Wade should be seen as illegitimate and rebelled against by abortion supporters everywhere.

The overturning of Roe V Wade wouldn't immediately ban abortions, it would allow for legislation to be passed to ban or limit abortion. So, if a heavily Republican state wanted to ban abortions, it could.

Its presence acts as a blocker to any outright abortion bans, and should be defended, similar to how the recent gay marriage ruling by SCOTUS blocks any outright gay marriage bans. An overturning of Roe v Wade would be disastrous in terms of abortion rights.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:17 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Estanglia wrote:The overturning of Roe V Wade wouldn't immediately ban abortions, it would allow for legislation to be passed to ban or limit abortion. So, if a heavily Republican state wanted to ban abortions, it could.

Its presence acts as a blocker to any outright abortion bans, and should be defended, similar to how the recent gay marriage ruling by SCOTUS blocks any outright gay marriage bans. An overturning of Roe v Wade would be disastrous in terms of abortion rights.

It will be the worse decisions since Dred Scott as it would declare women as slaves to the state. If one can't control their bodies, how can one be free?
Slava Ukraine!

Freezic Vast
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Triassica wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Its presence acts as a blocker to any outright abortion bans, and should be defended, similar to how the recent gay marriage ruling by SCOTUS blocks any outright gay marriage bans. An overturning of Roe v Wade would be disastrous in terms of abortion rights.

It will be the worse decisions since Dred Scott as it would declare women as slaves to the state. If one can't control their bodies, how can one be free?

No it would not.
20 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like football, baseball and hockey, enjoy video games and TV. Music is love, music is life. I'm bi and conservative.
Nothing Breaks Like A Heart by Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus
Tired, and bored, need sleep.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:
Triassica wrote:It will be the worse decisions since Dred Scott as it would declare women as slaves to the state. If one can't control their bodies, how can one be free?

No it would not.

If the state is telling you you can't have a medical procedure to control your body, that makes you it's slave. Objective fact that you are wrong to deny.
Slava Ukraine!

Freezic Vast
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Triassica wrote:
Freezic Vast wrote:No it would not.

If the state is telling you you can't have a medical procedure to control your body, that makes you it's slave. Objective fact that you are wrong to deny.

No it does not, that's hyperbole, something that you use all the time, and are incapable of distinguishing from reality.
20 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like football, baseball and hockey, enjoy video games and TV. Music is love, music is life. I'm bi and conservative.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:
Triassica wrote:If the state is telling you you can't have a medical procedure to control your body, that makes you it's slave. Objective fact that you are wrong to deny.

No it does not, that's hyperbole, something that you use all the time, and are incapable of distinguishing from reality.

You are not explaining why...
Slava Ukraine!

Freezic Vast
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Triassica wrote:
Freezic Vast wrote:No it does not, that's hyperbole, something that you use all the time, and are incapable of distinguishing from reality.

You are not explaining why...

Neither are you, all you're saying is basically "lol banning abortion is treating women like slaves, you're are wrong because i'm right"

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:43 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:
Triassica wrote:You are not explaining why...

Neither are you, all you're saying is basically "lol banning abortion is treating women like slaves, you're are wrong because i'm right"

I mean, banning abortion would be akin to enslavement of the woman's body to the fetus for 9 months, but that isn't what Triassica is arguing here unfortunately.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:44 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:
Triassica wrote:You are not explaining why...

Because it is treating women like slaves, esepically if they start criminalizing abortion as murder. Take that logic to it's conclusion in death penalty states...
Slava Ukraine!

Freezic Vast
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:44 pm

Triassica wrote:
Freezic Vast wrote:Neither are you, all you're saying is basically "lol banning abortion is treating women like slaves, you're are wrong because i'm right"

Because it is treating women like slaves, esepically if they start criminalizing abortion as murder. Take that logic to it's conclusion in death penalty states...

Except it's not, it really is not.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:
Triassica wrote:Because it is treating women like slaves, esepically if they start criminalizing abortion as murder. Take that logic to it's conclusion in death penalty states...

Except it's not, it really is not.

Except it would be enslaving if you're forcing a woman to carry to term if she doesn't want to. If you criminalize abortion, a woman getting caught having/trying to have one could be prosecuted for murder.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Freezic Vast wrote:Except it's not, it really is not.

Except it would be enslaving if you're forcing a woman to carry to term if she doesn't want to. If you criminalize abortion, a woman getting caught having/trying to have one could be prosecuted for murder.

But That's just like... your hyperbolic Opinon man. /s
Slava Ukraine!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Triassica wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

But That's just like... your hyperbolic Opinon man. /s

It really isn't hyperbolic. Depending on criminal law codification, a ban on abortion could very well be prosecuted as a murder. As for enslavement, not hyperbolic either. Forcing a woman to carry to term (this excepting viability) when that is not her expressed wish, is akin to enslaving. All on account of the fetus.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Triassica wrote:But That's just like... your hyperbolic Opinon man. /s

It really isn't hyperbolic. Depending on criminal law codification, a ban on abortion could very well be prosecuted as a murder. As for enslavement, not hyperbolic either. Forcing a woman to carry to term (this excepting viability) when that is not her expressed wish, is akin to enslaving. All on account of the fetus.

I was being sarcastic. Hence the /s
Slava Ukraine!

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Why should we put the needs of the fetus above those of the woman?
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:00 pm

The South Falls wrote:Why should we put the needs of the fetus above those of the woman?

We shouldn't. People come first.

Wave on, wave on

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:01 pm

The South Falls wrote:Why should we put the needs of the fetus above those of the woman?

It's not so much about the fetus as it is about the woman. The goal in of itself is to "put the woman back in her rightful place." That is the goal of the social conservative movement.
Last edited by Triassica on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Freezic Vast
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Triassica wrote:

It's not so much about the fetus as it is about the woman. The goal in of itself is to "put the woman back in her rightful place." That is the goal of the social conservative movement.

No it's not.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:03 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

We shouldn't. People come first.

Exactly. The fetuses are non-person humans.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:04 pm

Freezic Vast wrote:
Triassica wrote:It's not so much about the fetus as it is about the woman. The goal in of itself is to "put the woman back in her rightful place." That is the goal of the social conservative movement.

No it's not.

Prove it.
Slava Ukraine!

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:05 pm

Triassica wrote:
Freezic Vast wrote:No it's not.

Prove it.

The burden is on you to prove the positive.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Freezic Vast
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Freezic Vast » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Triassica wrote:
Freezic Vast wrote:No it's not.

Prove it.

Opinion is not fact, and your opinion is just a bloated, hyperbolic, mess painting all social conservatives as sexists and misogynists.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Godular wrote:
Triassica wrote:Prove it.

Well the criminalization of abortion to the point of accidental miscarriage being suspect is one thing...
Slava Ukraine!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Triassica wrote:
Godular wrote:

Well the criminalization of abortion to the point of accidental miscarriage being suspect is one thing...

Does that happen in the United States...? No? Well then...

Wave on, wave on

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General