NATION

PASSWORD

US Midterm Election Megathread II: The Stretch Run Begins

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:23 am

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
San Lumen wrote:I also tune someone out if they say they didnt vote.

No, you tune someone out on the presumption they didn't.

You don't just tune people out if they say they didn't vote, you presume based on their criticism of the status quo that they don't.

Eventually I do ask if they voted.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:24 am

San Lumen wrote:

You don't just tune people out if they say they didn't vote, you presume based on their criticism of the status quo that they don't.

I am not presuming anything

San Lumen wrote:
Nothing, it changes nothing.

However, you can voice your opinion as a non-voter with a reason not to vote for either party.

That's not done out of "hipster nihilism" as some like to claim around here. It is done in part because of protest for whichever reason.

Usually being consistent carries more weight than being inconsistent. If you think the current system sucks why are you going to participate in it? And if you participate in it because you believe in the system's fundamentals, why is it so bad that while one supports the system one also makes the claim the current system needs reform because it's a shitshow?

President Trump and the current GOP majority in Congress thanks you for not voting.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:26 am

The Black Forrest wrote:

And I respect that. But San Lumen kinda doesn't, so my criticism of him was mostly levied at him, not in general. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :blush:
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 am

San Lumen wrote:
I am not presuming anything

San Lumen wrote:
President Trump and the current GOP majority in Congress thanks you for not voting.

I like the part where you are attacking San Lumen for assuming people don't vote by pointing out their response to a defense of people not voting.

This is really, really sad.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:28 am

Conserative Morality wrote:

I like the part where you are attacking San Lumen for assuming people don't vote by pointing out their response to a defense of people not voting.

This is really, really sad.

The point is the insinuation that I didn't vote, which I did.

Perhaps you should read responses in context instead of trying to snipe at me. Because that was a swing and a miss, and even sadder than what you think I did. Especially considering this has been a me-San Lumen conversation, not me-San Lumen-el metiche de CM who comes supporting his partisan buddy
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:28 am

The Black Forrest wrote:

And I respect that. But San Lumen kinda doesn't, so my criticism of him was mostly levied at him, not in general. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :blush:

No worries. I try to clarify as I think everything makes sense when I write and people go :blink: :D
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:The point is the insinuation that I didn't vote, which I did.

Perhaps you should read responses in context instead of trying to snipe at me. Because that was a swing and a miss, and even sadder than what you think I did.

Hey, if you want to lose to San Lumen, that's on you, buddy. Contrary to what you may think, I have no intention of depriving you of your fun. :)
Especially considering this has been a me-San Lumen conversation, not me-San Lumen-el metiche de CM who comes supporting his partisan buddy

Is this the part where I point out that San Lumen isn't my partisan buddy, or does outrage over insinuations that could easily follow from an argument only apply to you? Also open forum etc etc.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Loben
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:34 am

Tbh if you lose a game of memory with san lumen, you could always look up his posts, chances are he said the same shit 2 weeks prior to you or someone else.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:35 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:The point is the insinuation that I didn't vote, which I did.

Perhaps you should read responses in context instead of trying to snipe at me. Because that was a swing and a miss, and even sadder than what you think I did.

Hey, if you want to lose to San Lumen, that's on you, buddy. Contrary to what you may think, I have no intention of depriving you of your fun. :)

> Lose to San Lumen
This entire conversation has been the same monotone "you're wrong if you don't vote the way I want to" diatribe he usually whips out. I don't see a need to make much effort into his posts considering his posts is the same rehash that has been the bread and butter of this site's opposition to Trump: Third parties are shit and if you are against my values you're nothing but a parasite.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:48 am

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General