NATION

PASSWORD

US House Committee Moves to Restrict LGBT Adoption

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 pm

New Greater Netherlands wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
No, I don't have to leave you alone. If you make a point without providing supporting evidence, I have the right to challenge you on it.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.

Just go and leave me alone, and put me on your ignore list, i don't want to speak with you anymore with your crappy talking and attacking Christians and Conservatives

This is not your safe space.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 pm

The New California Republic wrote:What?? :eyebrow:

Give proof that having gay parents turns a child into a rapist. Try.

As I said, it can confuse them, as you can see what happens in the world, and they are too much exposed to it, so that's also why I think we should have Christian Morals and living style

Why should more secular states, like Vermont or Massachusetts, be subject to Christian morals?
Last edited by Arlenton on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Just go and leave me alone, and put me on your ignore list, i don't want to speak with you anymore with your crappy talking and attacking Christians

She asked you to give sources for your claims. Your refusal by telling her to stop talking to you says a lot...

The only thing she does is personally attacking others who aren't liberal and doesn't like LGBT people and who are Christian and Conservative
Name: Dave Hagen
Born: February 17, 1997
Political orientation: Conservative
Religion: Christianity (Protestant)

Current date: 1 augustus 1918
De Telegraaf: In Brussels there were violent protests against the current government and against the Christian Conservative policy between 19:00 and 21:30. Minister of the Belgian States Kees van der Staaij says he wants to have a talk with the rebels, since this has to be arranged through the House of Representatives and / or the King (with other officials: The Ministers have little to say) van der Staaij  is going to have between 23:00 and 4:00 a debate in the Lower House with Minister-President Dave Hagen and the other Political Parties

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:19 pm

The New California Republic wrote:She asked you to give sources for your claims. Your refusal by telling her to stop talking to you says a lot...

The only thing she does is personally attacking others who aren't liberal and doesn't like LGBT people and who are Christian and Conservative

How have I personally attacked you by asking you to provide supporting evidence for your arguments?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Arlenton wrote:
As I said, it can confuse them, as you can see what happens in the world, and they are too much exposed to it, so that's also why I think we should have Christian Morals and living style

Why should more secular states, like Vermont or Massachusetts, be subject to Christian morals?

Because I think that all western countries (plus Eastern European countries and the Balkans) are bonded with Christian roots, values and morals

De Telegraaf: In Brussels there were violent protests against the current government and against the Christian Conservative policy between 19:00 and 21:30. Minister of the Belgian States Kees van der Staaij says he wants to have a talk with the rebels, since this has to be arranged through the House of Representatives and / or the King (with other officials: The Ministers have little to say) van der Staaij  is going to have between 23:00 and 4:00 a debate in the Lower House with Minister-President Dave Hagen and the other Political Parties

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:19 pm

The New California Republic wrote:She asked you to give sources for your claims. Your refusal by telling her to stop talking to you says a lot...

She didn't attack anyone. She just asked you for a source. I'm sorry if it came off as not polite, but she ain't gonna kowtow to you.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Just go and leave me alone, and put me on your ignore list, i don't want to speak with you anymore with your crappy talking and attacking Christians and Conservatives

It's also not a medical discussion board to be fair.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:20 pm

She asked you to provide sources to prove your claim that "LGBT adoption should be restricted because having gay parents causes harm to the child". It is a simple request...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Arlenton wrote:Why should more secular states, like Vermont or Massachusetts, be subject to Christian morals?

Because I think that all western countries (plus Eastern European countries and the Balkans) are bonded with Christian roots, values and morals

Aren't the Balkan states pretty heavily Muslim?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Arlenton wrote:Why should more secular states, like Vermont or Massachusetts, be subject to Christian morals?

What about disestablishmentarianism?
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:21 pm

That doesn’t matter. We’re not a theocratic nation.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:21 pm

Telconi wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

She asked him to provide proof that having gay parents causes harm to the child, as it was his reason why LGBT adoption should be restricted. It wasn't really a medical discussion...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Aren't the Balkan states pretty heavily Muslim?

Serbia tried to fix that.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Arlenton wrote:

That doesn’t matter. We’re not a theocratic nation.

What about Norway and the Vatican? Their state religion are Christianity

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:23 pm

Arlenton wrote:That doesn’t matter. We’re not a theocratic nation.

It's starting to drift off-topic...

Wave on, wave on

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:23 pm

So how is Norway actually a theocracy?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:23 pm

We're not Norway, and were not a Catholic state. The home of the pope is the Vatican.

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:24 pm

It's starting to drift off-topic...

Yeah, let's go back on-topic

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Vassenor wrote:

So how is Norway actually a theocracy?

If it was a theocracy Varg Vikernes would have to invest in a flamethrower.
Last edited by Petrasylvania on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:24 pm

The South Falls wrote:

We're not Norway, and were not a Catholic state. The home of the pope is the Vatican.

Norway is Protestant ;)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:26 pm

The New California Republic wrote:It's starting to drift off-topic...

So, getting back to the matter at hand, do you have proof that having gay parents causes the child harm?

Wave on, wave on

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:26 pm

Telconi wrote:

She asked him to provide proof that having gay parents causes harm to the child, as it was his reason why LGBT adoption should be restricted. It wasn't really a medical discussion...

Sure, and he has ever right to form an opinion lacking objective evidence supporting his conclusion.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:27 pm

New Greater Netherlands wrote:I agree with you, Because God actually made the man to fall in love with women and woman fall in love with men. So I also think homosexual couples shouldn't adopt and have children
New Greater Netherlands wrote:Children need a father and a mother, not two fathers and two mothers, because it can harm them and make them going to go to the wrong way and becoming sinful and making wrong choices
New Greater Netherlands wrote:Children with gay parents ARE more going likely to sin and it does harm them because it is immoral and it can confuse them so much they can later go into raping someone or something
New Greater Netherlands wrote:1. Yes God made the humans like that
2 and 3. Read my reply to Geneviev ;)
New Greater Netherlands wrote:As I said, it can confuse them, as you can see what happens in the world, and they are too much exposed to it, so that's also why I think we should have Christian Morals and living style

Any one of these posts by themselves would probably merit little more than a raised eyebrow as poor debate form and maybe an unofficial "knock it off" coming from someone with a clean warning history. However, you do not have a clean warning history, nor are these one-off posts, but a persistent pattern of behavior that looks like you're posting not so much to debate and discuss, but to get people riled up. Taken in aggregate, this is trolling, as all you keep doing is screaming that "all gay parents harm children," and refusing to even attempt to back up your argument with any sort of sources or reasoning besides "Because I/my religion said so."
New Greater Netherlands wrote:And you must leave me alone
New Greater Netherlands wrote:Just go and leave me alone, and put me on your ignore list, i don't want to speak with you anymore with your crappy talking and attacking Christians and Conservatives

Not how NSG works. If you have an opinion, you'd best be ready to actually explain and try to defend it, because people will not accept a controversial opinion on nothing but your say-so or because your religious belief says so. NSG is not a safe space, ideas can and will be debated, sometimes quite fiercely. If you cannot handle having your opinions challenged and debated, perhaps NSG is not the place to be posting them.

Given your prior history of trolling, *** New Greater Netherlands, 7-day ban for trolling ***.

~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:28 pm

So, getting back to the matter at hand, do you have proof that having gay parents causes the child harm?

No (Google is pretty much liberal), but that's how I believe it

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:28 pm

The South Falls wrote:We're not Norway, and were not a Catholic state. The home of the pope is the Vatican.

Norway is Protestant ;)

Potato potaato. Or, Martin and Mary I. But Norway isn't a theocracy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General