NATION

PASSWORD

US House Committee Moves to Restrict LGBT Adoption

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:51 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Not yet :^)

So when are you moving to repeal the First Amendment?

No repeal needed, a couple more Brett Kavanaughs on the court and SCOTUS will explain to us in legalese how the 'religion' referenced in the first totally meant any and all demoninations of Christianity.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Arlenton wrote:The federal government has no business in LGBT adoption. Or marriage

The federal government has to be involved in adoption anyways, and marriage is actually something that matters to the federal government too. Unless the government completely ignores all adoption and marriage, LGBT marriage or adoption will still be affected.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:55 pm

Telconi wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

No repeal needed, a couple more Brett Kavanaughs on the court and SCOTUS will explain to us in legalese how the 'religion' referenced in the first totally meant any and all demoninations of Christianity.

:rofl:

That still doesn't cover the Separation of Church and State.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:56 pm

Telconi wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Not all denominations. Religion clearly refers to Protestant Christianity, especially evangelical Christianity.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:56 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Arlenton wrote:The federal government has no business in LGBT adoption. Or marriage

So it's OK to treat people as subhuman so long as it's the states doing it?

Yes, to a degree.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:57 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
So it's OK to treat people as subhuman so long as it's the states doing it?

Yes, to a degree.

Why?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:58 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Yes, to a degree.

Why?

Each state has its own culture, morals, etc. One size fits all leaves no one happy.

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:01 pm

Geneviev wrote:
New Greater Netherlands wrote:

I agree with you, Because God actually made the man to fall in love with women and woman fall in love with men. So I also think homosexual couples shouldn't adopt and have children

But children need parents and there's already not enough people who are prepared to adopt.

Children need a father and a mother, not two fathers and two mothers, because it can harm them and make them going to go to the wrong way and becoming sinful and making wrong choices
Last edited by New Greater Netherlands on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Dave Hagen
Born: February 17, 1997
Political orientation: Conservative
Religion: Christianity (Protestant)

Current date: 1 augustus 1918
De Telegraaf: In Brussels there were violent protests against the current government and against the Christian Conservative policy between 19:00 and 21:30. Minister of the Belgian States Kees van der Staaij says he wants to have a talk with the rebels, since this has to be arranged through the House of Representatives and / or the King (with other officials: The Ministers have little to say) van der Staaij  is going to have between 23:00 and 4:00 a debate in the Lower House with Minister-President Dave Hagen and the other Political Parties

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:01 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Telconi wrote:

:rofl:

That still doesn't cover the Separation of Church and State.

Can you point to me where such a separation is explicitly described in the Constitution?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Geneviev wrote:But children need parents and there's already not enough people who are prepared to adopt.

Children need a father and a mother, not two fathers and two mothers

Two fathers is better than none. Two mothers is better than none.

Edit: since you edited your post after I quoted it.

1. Everyone's sinful. 2. Everyone makes wrong choices. 3. Children with gay parents aren't any more likely to do either. 4. How does it harm them?
Last edited by Geneviev on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:04 pm

Geneviev wrote:But children need parents and there's already not enough people who are prepared to adopt.

I don’t think any of us can be the judge of that. I know perfectly normal people with lesbian parents. Though I’m not aware of any statistics that show a trend of negative consequences of having LGTB parents.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:05 pm

New Greater Netherlands wrote:God actually made the man to fall in love with women and woman fall in love with men.

Clearly not, as shown by the existence of love between people of the same sex, and their ability to have sex with each other...

New Greater Netherlands wrote:So I also think homosexual couples shouldn't adopt and have children

Based on...what exactly?

New Greater Netherlands wrote:Children need a father and a mother, not two fathers and two mothers, because it can harm them and make them going to go to the wrong way and becoming sinful and making wrong choices

How?
Last edited by The New California Republic on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Geneviev wrote:

Two fathers is better than none. Two mothers is better than none.

1. Everyone's sinful. 2. Everyone makes wrong choices. 3. Children with gay parents aren't any more likely to do either. 4. How does it harm them?

I was editing it while you were replying

Children with gay parents ARE more going likely to sin and it does harm them because it is immoral and it can confuse them so much they can later go into raping someone or something

De Telegraaf: In Brussels there were violent protests against the current government and against the Christian Conservative policy between 19:00 and 21:30. Minister of the Belgian States Kees van der Staaij says he wants to have a talk with the rebels, since this has to be arranged through the House of Representatives and / or the King (with other officials: The Ministers have little to say) van der Staaij  is going to have between 23:00 and 4:00 a debate in the Lower House with Minister-President Dave Hagen and the other Political Parties

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:09 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
New Greater Netherlands wrote:God actually made the man to fall in love with women and woman fall in love with men.

Clearly not, as shown by the existence of love between people of the same sex, and their ability to have sex with each other...

New Greater Netherlands wrote:So I also think homosexual couples shouldn't adopt and have children

Based on...what exactly?

New Greater Netherlands wrote:Children need a father and a mother, not two fathers and two mothers, because it can harm them and make them going to go to the wrong way and becoming sinful and making wrong choices

How?

1. Yes God made the humans like that
2 and 3. Read my reply to Geneviev ;)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:10 pm

New Greater Netherlands wrote:Children with gay parents ARE more going likely to sin and it does harm them because it is immoral and it can confuse them so much they can later go into raping someone or something

What?? :eyebrow:

Give proof that having gay parents turns a child into a rapist. Try.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Children need a father and a mother, not two fathers and two mothers, because it can harm them and make them going to go to the wrong way and becoming sinful and making wrong choices

Let's see actual peer-reviewed academic literature regarding this harm.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:12 pm

New Greater Netherlands wrote:Children with gay parents ARE more going likely to sin and it does harm them because it is immoral and it can confuse them so much they can later go into raping someone or something

As I said, it can confuse them, as you can see what happens in the world, and they are too much exposed to it, so that's also why I think we should have Christian Morals and living style

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:13 pm

Vassenor wrote:

And you must leave me alone

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:14 pm

The New California Republic wrote:What?? :eyebrow:

As I said, it can confuse them, as you can see what happens in the world, and they are too much exposed to it, so that's also why I think we should have Christian Morals and living style

So you can't give proof for your claim that having gay parents turns a child into a rapist then? Thought so.

Wave on, wave on

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:14 pm

Vassenor wrote:

No, I don't have to leave you alone. If you make a point without providing supporting evidence, I have the right to challenge you on it.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:14 pm

They infect the children with the homozombie virus through buttsecks, silly.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Why? For asking you to provide sources for your entirely spurious claims?

Wave on, wave on

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Geneviev wrote:Two fathers is better than none. Two mothers is better than none.

I was editing it while you were replying

Children with gay parents ARE more going likely to sin and it does harm them because it is immoral and it can confuse them so much they can later go into raping someone or something

Huh? Gay people don't cause others to rape. I have multiple close friends who are gay, and I don't rape people.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Vassenor wrote:

No, I don't have to leave you alone. If you make a point without providing supporting evidence, I have the right to challenge you on it.

Just go and leave me alone, and put me on your ignore list, i don't want to speak with you anymore with your crappy talking and attacking Christians and Conservatives
Last edited by New Greater Netherlands on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Just go and leave me alone, and put me on your ignore list, i don't want to speak with you anymore with your crappy talking and attacking Christians

She asked you to give sources for your claims. Your refusal by telling her to stop talking to you says a lot...

Wave on, wave on

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General