NATION

PASSWORD

Iran threatens to blockade the straits of Hormuz

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:45 am

Azurius wrote:
Ascysia wrote:Well well well. Looks like we need to put the Iranians in their place. You know how this could be solved? Regime change and demilitarisation of the entire country. It's time we as the civilised world send a message to countries that follow the same evil ideals as Iran.

In that case the world should start with America. Complete demilitarization and you´ll pay for your countless crimes as long as it takes until they are paid off. Successors of former countries will receive the payments in case the former doesn´t exist anymore.

It is indeed time we civilized the world, and at the moment America is the biggest obstacle to that.

Everything military action, "violation of human rights" or "war crime" perpetrated by the west is justified.
Neoconservative

The of Japan
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The of Japan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:46 am

Ascysia wrote:
The of Japan wrote:SK was a puppet iniially

No it wasn't.

The of Japan wrote:The USA wouldn't really need to land in Iran to damage it, they could just use their power to attack iran economically

Yes, however we should get involved in Iran militarily. Using Saudi Arabia and Turkey as launch points, we could easily conduct large scale air attacks on them. Targets could range from government buildings, residences of government and military officials, military sites, and suspected nuclear sites.

YES IT WAS
Texan Communist and Internationalist

Firaxin
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:46 am

Azurius wrote:
Firaxin wrote:Yes, but they aren't anymore. They would be much worse off if they all stayed puppets.

GDP and living standard show otherwise in case of NK.

Well of course NK is still horrible but at least its stable-y horrible. It would be chaos by now if it remained a puppet.

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:47 am

Azurius wrote:
Ascysia wrote:Well well well. Looks like we need to put the Iranians in their place. You know how this could be solved? Regime change and demilitarisation of the entire country. It's time we as the civilised world send a message to countries that follow the same evil ideals as Iran.

In that case the world should start with America. Complete demilitarization and you´ll pay for your countless crimes as long as it takes until they are paid off. Successors of former countries will receive the payments in case the former doesn´t exist anymore.

It is indeed time we civilized the world, and at the moment America is the biggest obstacle to that.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... eWeGoAgain

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:47 am

The Biggles Syndicate wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Yea, why would we annex Iran? We can't manage Detroit, so we can't manage Tehran.

Also, considering the position of Iran and distance to the US, a full on annexing just wouldn't work.

Getting back on topic though, what would the blockade consist of? I'm thinking mostly frigates.

the Iranian attempt or the US counterblockade?

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:48 am

The of Japan wrote:
Ascysia wrote:No it wasn't.

Yes, however we should get involved in Iran militarily. Using Saudi Arabia and Turkey as launch points, we could easily conduct large scale air attacks on them. Targets could range from government buildings, residences of government and military officials, military sites, and suspected nuclear sites.

YES IT WAS

If you insist.
Neoconservative

Azurius
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azurius » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:48 am

Ascysia wrote:
The Biggles Syndicate wrote:Also, considering the position of Iran and distance to the US, a full on annexing just wouldn't work.

Getting back on topic though, what would the blockade consist of? I'm thinking mostly frigates.

No need for annexation, that's delusional. Regime change and possibly partitioning would be a good idea. Stoking ethnic tensions could be a good idea. Arming Baloch and Kurdish separatists secretly and then coming in to rescue them when they inevitably get crushed by the IRGC.

Ah the old ethnic tension stockings which worked just so wonderfull for Afgahnistan, India and Pakistan and others... Always gives far right fascists a reason to call out racial slurs on other cultures too.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:49 am

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:49 am

Ascysia wrote:
The of Japan wrote:YES IT WAS

If you insist.
South Korea was both dictatorial and a puppet until the late stages of the cold war though. That's not really a mystery. (Also, wtf. "It's justified if we do it" is just a wrong opinion)
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:50 am

Ascysia wrote:
The of Japan wrote:YES IT WAS

If you insist.

during the korean war, SK was a puppet state, and it remained a dictatorship until 80-90s

Unstoppable Empire of Doom
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unstoppable Empire of Doom » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:50 am

The US is almost energy independent. Operation desert shield 2.0 might cost the US a few ships but it would totally cripple iran.
Whoever said "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink" has clearly never drown a horse.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:51 am

Ascysia wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Both became puppets for the US and The USSR respectively.

Incorrect. The South has always been independent of the US. The North was a puppet of the USSR, and now China is just holding onto it with a very long leash that they will eventually pull in.

Nope, SK was a puppet of the US. They where born a puppet state.

Firaxin wrote:

They where born puppet states.

Yes, but they aren't anymore. They would be much worse off if they all stayed puppets.

They still where and still are in some cases.

Hell, Germany could be called a puppet state today.

West Germany was just a mouth peace for the US.

Anyway, a 51'st state of Iran would be like a 2010/2020 version of Vietnam.

The 51'st state would be born, two seconds later there would be fighting from an Independent Iran Movement or IIM.

The IIM would be backed by Al-Qaeda and Russia beacuse of the "Fuck US" mentality.

Years of fighting later, the IIM would eventually win, US would withdraw. After of course millions dead in terrorist attacks.

I hope that all this doesn't happen of course. So thats why I don't think the US should invade Iran.

Because thats what I think would probably happen. I hope it doesn't, but that's what I think would happen.

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:51 am

Azurius wrote:
Ascysia wrote:No need for annexation, that's delusional. Regime change and possibly partitioning would be a good idea. Stoking ethnic tensions could be a good idea. Arming Baloch and Kurdish separatists secretly and then coming in to rescue them when they inevitably get crushed by the IRGC.

Ah the old ethnic tension stockings which worked just so wonderfull for Afgahnistan, India and Pakistan and others... Always gives far right fascists a reason to call out racial slurs on other cultures too.

Eh if it destabilises the Iranian government I'm cool with it. Destabilising the third world has more benefits for us than negatives so I could care less.
Neoconservative

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 am

Unstoppable Empire of Doom wrote:The US is almost energy independent. Operation desert shield 2.0 might cost the US a few ships but it would totally cripple iran.

besides the US doesn't import much oil from iran thanks to the sanctions from 2000s to 2015.
Last edited by The of Japan on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 am

The of Japan wrote:
The Biggles Syndicate wrote:Also, considering the position of Iran and distance to the US, a full on annexing just wouldn't work.

the Iranian attempt or the US counterblockade?

Both, but I was thinking of the Iranian one.

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 am

The Biggles Syndicate wrote:
The of Japan wrote:the Iranian attempt or the US counterblockade?

Both, but I was thinking of the Iranian one.

they mostly have small coastal defense craft and frigates, they have a few minelayers and 1 destroyer.\
EDIT: the destroyer looked like a floating AA battery when I saw it in a picture.
Last edited by The of Japan on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 am

Frievolk wrote:
Ascysia wrote:If you insist.
South Korea was both dictatorial and a puppet until the late stages of the cold war though. That's not really a mystery. (Also, wtf. "It's justified if we do it" is just a wrong opinion)

An opinion cannot be wrong. I'm a realist when it comes to foreign policy, everything we do is for a good reason. This delusional and naive pacifism that's been shaping up since Iraq is a huge threat to our national security.
Neoconservative

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:54 am

Ascysia wrote:
Frievolk wrote:South Korea was both dictatorial and a puppet until the late stages of the cold war though. That's not really a mystery. (Also, wtf. "It's justified if we do it" is just a wrong opinion)

An opinion cannot be wrong. I'm a realist when it comes to foreign policy, everything we do is for a good reason. This delusional and naive pacifism that's been shaping up since Iraq is a huge threat to our national security.

:rofl:

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:56 am

Ascysia wrote:
Frievolk wrote:South Korea was both dictatorial and a puppet until the late stages of the cold war though. That's not really a mystery. (Also, wtf. "It's justified if we do it" is just a wrong opinion)

Sure it can.
You can see an Exhibit B in the post I'm responding to.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Ascysia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ascysia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:57 am

The of Japan wrote:
Ascysia wrote:An opinion cannot be wrong. I'm a realist when it comes to foreign policy, everything we do is for a good reason. This delusional and naive pacifism that's been shaping up since Iraq is a huge threat to our national security.

:rofl:

It's okay to laugh at me. No matter what you do, my side is running politics and your protests won't stop us from making the world a better place.
Neoconservative

Azurius
Diplomat

Postby Azurius » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:57 am

Ascysia wrote:
Azurius wrote:

Everything military action, "violation of human rights" or "war crime" perpetrated by the west is justified.

First of all:

1: Nope it´s not, even if you actually achieved good results which you didn´t so far. The other side is gonna use the same lame justifications, another world war is gonna insue which you caused which is gonna blow YOU off the map this time and rightfully so too. "When we do it it´s justified" is the most lame excuse in history which btw. Adolf Hitler used a lot too.

2: Since all you did so far is set up 1 dictatorial regime after another, bred 1 terrorcell after another, even if in your pipedream world your fascist methods would be justified in case of good results: You produced none! Only negative results.

So no, you are in no way justified to anything. If anything the world is justified to civilize YOU and not vice versa. By the way the rest of the west is more or less justified indeed, you american cronies however i´m sorry aren´t. Nor do you deserve to be in the UN, the WTO, the NATO or anything. Not until you get this warmongering and economic corruption of yours under controll.

You know other countries learned from WW2 and have progressed and civilized, whilst you are still stuck in your warmongering ways and have fought and/or instigated by now 50 wars since 1945. Sad, and that needs immidiate correction.

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:58 am

Ascysia wrote:
The of Japan wrote: :rofl:

It's okay to laugh at me. No matter what you do, my side is running politics and your protests won't stop us from making the world a better place.

protest? wot m8?

Firaxin
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:58 am

Firaxin wrote:Yes, but they aren't anymore. They would be much worse off if they all stayed puppets.

They still where and still are in some cases.

Hell, Germany could be called a puppet state today.

West Germany was just a mouth peace for the US.

Anyway, a 51'st state of Iran would be like a 2010/2020 version of Vietnam.

The 51'st state would be born, two seconds later there would be fighting from an Independent Iran Movement or IIM.

The IIM would be backed by Al-Qaeda and Russia beacuse of the "Fuck US" mentality.

Years of fighting later, the IIM would eventually win, US would withdraw. After of course millions dead in terrorist attacks.

I hope that all this doesn't happen of course. So thats why I don't think the US should invade Iran.

Because thats what I think would probably happen. I hope it doesn't, but that's what I think would happen.

I only support annexation in the event war was unavoidable, BTW.

The IIM is going against the most powerful military in the world after they already lost the war. There is no way they are going to win unless we give up, which would frustrate me to no end.

Azurius
Diplomat

Postby Azurius » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:58 am

Ascysia wrote:
Azurius wrote:

Eh if it destabilises the Iranian government I'm cool with it. Destabilising the third world has more benefits for us than negatives so I could care less.

I see. I also see more boeings with pilots screaming "ALLAHU AKBAR!" coming your way in the future.

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:58 am

Azurius wrote:
Ascysia wrote:Everything military action, "violation of human rights" or "war crime" perpetrated by the west is justified.

First of all:

1: Nope it´s not, even if you actually achieved good results which you didn´t so far. The other side is gonna use the same lame justifications, another world war is gonna insue which you caused which is gonna blow YOU off the map this time and rightfully so too. "When we do it it´s justified" is the most lame excuse in history which btw. Adolf Hitler used a lot too.

2: Since all you did so far is set up 1 dictatorial regime after another, bred 1 terrorcell after another, even if in your pipedream world your fascist methods would be justified in case of good results: You produced none! Only negative results.

So no, you are in no way justified to anything. If anything the world is justified to civilize YOU and not vice versa. By the way the rest of the west is more or less justified indeed, you american cronies however i´m sorry aren´t. Nor do you deserve to be in the UN, the WTO, the NATO or anything. Not until you get this warmongering and economic corruption of yours under controll.

You know other countries learned from WW2 and have progressed and civilized, whilst you are still stuck in your warmongering ways and have fought and/or instigated by now 50 wars since 1945. Sad, and that needs immidiate correction.
Europe and Asia learned the price of warmongering the hard way. America won't until its entire land is leveled twice in bloody, bloody war.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General