NATION

PASSWORD

Iran threatens to blockade the straits of Hormuz

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 am

Firaxin wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:A brutal pro American dictator in Iraq world have kept Isis under control and it never would have gotten as bad as it did.

But instead we tried to make them a peaceful democracy where no peaceful democracy can be.

Why can't a peaceful democracy be there?

Because it’s literally impossible. We tried peaceful democracy it blew up in our faces. Iraqis just can’t control democracy they either need limited democracy under a monarchy or a dictatorship. That’s how it’s been for centuries and it’s not going to change any time soon
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

First Nightmare
Attaché

Founded: Apr 27, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby First Nightmare » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 am

No the mistake was to appoint a local government with the power at all.
They should have installed an American general or someone like that, and made new laws for the whole country unilaterally(essentially writing their laws). After some time, then they could have handed the power to the locals.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:40 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Firaxin wrote:The best option if we have to go to war is to annex them. There, now they can be confident in the fact that we care for them because we actually will, and we won't have to worry about them anymore.

Except not really. They wouldn't care and resist anyway.

You would give them US citizenship, let them get into the mainland, and then start terrorizing the US as a Guerrilla warfare terrorism group.

Expect attacks like 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing to be happening every three or four months as part of an Iran Independence movement. Hell, if they get there hands on the reborn Iran Nuke program, expect US cites to be destroyed.

It's not like independence programs from states already inside the US don't exist.

Not one of those independence movements actually matters. At best they make up 1% of the state population
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 am

Thermodolia wrote:Or it won’t. Especially if we give the Iranians complete control over their affairs and just act as a security force

That also doesn't work.

That’s not evidence of it not working. Riots will happen but they aren’t terrorists Operations.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:42 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:No. The local people didn't like Saddam.

The majority did. Besides this wouldn’t be Saddam but one of his more pro American goons

There weren't very many pro-americans in Saddam's cabinet.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 am

Firaxin wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:A brutal pro American dictator in Iraq world have kept Isis under control and it never would have gotten as bad as it did.

But instead we tried to make them a peaceful democracy where no peaceful democracy can be.

Why can't a peaceful democracy be there?

TLDR: Middle east is fucked up.

Thermodolia wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Except not really. They wouldn't care and resist anyway.

You would give them US citizenship, let them get into the mainland, and then start terrorizing the US as a Guerrilla warfare terrorism group.

Expect attacks like 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing to be happening every three or four months as part of an Iran Independence movement. Hell, if they get there hands on the reborn Iran Nuke program, expect US cites to be destroyed.

It's not like independence programs from states already inside the US don't exist.

Not one of those independence movements actually matters. At best they make up 1% of the state population

None of those independence movements where from a place just recently made part of the US.

Iran would have it's own identity and fight like hell to stay the way it is.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 am

First Nightmare wrote:No the mistake was to appoint a local government with the power at all.
They should have installed an American general or someone like that, and made new laws for the whole country unilaterally(essentially writing their laws). After some time, then they could have handed the power to the locals.

True. That’s what we did in Germany and Japan
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Firaxin
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 am

Firaxin wrote:The best option if we have to go to war is to annex them. There, now they can be confident in the fact that we care for them because we actually will, and we won't have to worry about them anymore.

Except not really. They wouldn't care and resist anyway.

Then we produce justice. Those Iranians who do not carry out violent attacks would be rewarded and helped. I would rather have domestic terrorism in the short term, with a stronger US in the long term, than ravage Iran and abandon its husk.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:45 am

The South Falls wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:The majority did. Besides this wouldn’t be Saddam but one of his more pro American goons

There weren't very many pro-americans in Saddam's cabinet.

We’ll find one. Even if it ment that we had to execute every one of them until we do. Most dictators are cowards and would rather protect their own life than die for a lost cause
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:47 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:That also doesn't work.

That’s not evidence of it not working. Riots will happen but they aren’t terrorists Operations.

And in this case there would be Iran Independence terrorists.

Firaxin wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Except not really. They wouldn't care and resist anyway.

Then we produce justice. Those Iranians who do not carry out violent attacks would be rewarded and helped. I would rather have domestic terrorism in the short term, with a stronger US in the long term, than ravage Iran and abandon its husk.

You make it sound so easy. Producing justice isn't just something we can just do.
You make it sound like possible dirty bombs, attacks on a 9/11 scale every few months are just one of those things that America would just put up with.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:47 am

Firaxin wrote:Why can't a peaceful democracy be there?

Thermodolia wrote:Not one of those independence movements actually matters. At best they make up 1% of the state population

None of those independence movements where from a place just recently made part of the US.

Actually you’re wrong. Hawaii, Texas, and California where all annexed and all of them had independence movements that where crushed.

You’re thinking differently than I am and you aren’t willing to do what is necessary to insure peace. I am.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Firaxin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:50 am

Thermodolia wrote:That’s not evidence of it not working. Riots will happen but they aren’t terrorists Operations.

Firaxin wrote:Then we produce justice. Those Iranians who do not carry out violent attacks would be rewarded and helped. I would rather have domestic terrorism in the short term, with a stronger US in the long term, than ravage Iran and abandon its husk.

You make it sound so easy. Producing justice isn't just something we can just do.
You make it sound like possible dirty bombs, attacks on a 9/11 scale every few months are just one of those things that America would just put up with.

Nothing is easy, but it must be done for the greater good. I refuse to let those who die in a war die in vain, no puppet government will stand the test of time

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am

Thermodolia wrote:That’s not evidence of it not working. Riots will happen but they aren’t terrorists Operations.

No it wouldn’t be. Especially not if we ran it like we did Japan in the 1940s.

Also I said nothing about annexing Iran. That was all you.

Firaxin wrote:Then we produce justice. Those Iranians who do not carry out violent attacks would be rewarded and helped. I would rather have domestic terrorism in the short term, with a stronger US in the long term, than ravage Iran and abandon its husk.

And you are fucking naïve

The majority of the attacks would be in Iran not the US, do you even know the history of insurgencies? The attacks wouldn’t be on a massive scale but small attacks designed to keep people on edge but not enough to retaliate. The IRA perfected this
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:59 am

Thermodolia wrote:

Actually you’re wrong. Hawaii, Texas, and California where all annexed and all of them had independence movements that where crushed.

You’re thinking differently than I am and you aren’t willing to do what is necessary to insure peace. I am.

Yes, but you said that the current independence movements where not relevant.

Hawaii, Texas, and California don't have the same many years as Iran to form it's own identity.

It's not a matter of being willing to, it's the matter of Iran being totally different from the above.

Iran has easy access to the black market, lots of people who would rebel, and lots of terrorist groups that would help out the Independence movement just cuz they hate the US.

Imagine Al-Qaeda striking in side the US every week. Imagine dirty bombs in NY. Imagine 9/11 scale attacks every 3-4 months.

The US and the world where made catatonic by just the one, now think of it happening every few months.

You make it sound like the only thing we need to do to make a peaceful Iran 51'st state is to want it.

There would be hundreds of thousands willing to make Iran independent.

This would be a colossal mistake for the US to do.

Azurius
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azurius » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:00 am

Baalkistann wrote:
Azurius wrote:
Like Vietnam you mean? Or how about Irak?

We did not annex Vietnam or Iraq

Exactly, that was meant as sarcasm btw. since the thinks he can just easily annex Iran. The same shit the said about Vietnam and Irak which the US never managed to annex.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 am

Clicked on the thread with the idea of discussing Tehran threatening to blockade the Strait of Hormuz and instead wind up in a Reddit Iranian Blowjob fiction forum.

Even if the blockade is not possible, the declaration is a symptom that Donnie is slowly but surely pissing off parts of the entire world that's not Putin or Kim. No country can literally take on the rest of the world and win.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Azurius
Diplomat

Postby Azurius » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Azurius wrote:
No, because installing puppets is always a bad idea that easily backfires and never achieves any good or long lasting results, rather the opposite, decades of hatred, conflict and setbacks.

Look at the long and sad history of puppets by the US and the Soviets for that.

A brutal pro American dictator in Iraq world have kept Isis under control and it never would have gotten as bad as it did.

Then tell me why Hussein failed to content both Al-quaeda and ISIS? Or do you now want to argue that Hussein was no dictator?

Thermodolia wrote:
Firaxin wrote:Why can't a peaceful democracy be there?

Because it’s literally impossible. We tried peaceful democracy it blew up in our faces. Iraqis just can’t control democracy they either need limited democracy under a monarchy or a dictatorship. That’s how it’s been for centuries and it’s not going to change any time soon

So dictators like Hussein, Sadam, the monarchy in Quatar etc. are now suddenly democratic leaders that govern their countries via peacefull democracy? That´s new to me.
Last edited by Azurius on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firaxin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:03 am

Azurius wrote:
Baalkistann wrote:
We did not annex Vietnam or Iraq

Exactly, that was meant as sarcasm btw. since the thinks he can just easily annex Iran. The same shit the said about Vietnam and Irak which the US never managed to annex.

I never said it would be easy, lol. The US also never intended to annex 'nam or Iraq, so of course they never managed to.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:04 am

Firaxin wrote:

>Letting people who elected a holocaust-denying government that murders it's own people for being gay or leaving Islam vote in our elections will make us stronger
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Firaxin
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Firaxin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:06 am

Crockerland wrote:

>Letting people who elected a holocaust-denying government that murders it's own people for being gay or leaving Islam vote in our elections will make us stronger

Yes, also the additional resources, land, and influence. Once people experience how much better our nation is, they will change to accept our culture and way of life

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:07 am

Thermodolia wrote:Actually you’re wrong. Hawaii, Texas, and California where all annexed and all of them had independence movements that where crushed.

Yes, but you said that the current independence movements where not relevant.

Hawaii, Texas, and California don't have the same many years as Iran to form it's own identity.

No I said that they where never relevant. And what the fuck are you talking about? Hawaii was an Independent nation for hundreds of years. This just further proves to me that you know absolutely nothing.

It's not a matter of being willing to, it's the matter of Iran being totally different from the above.

Iran has easy access to the black market, lots of people who would rebel, and lots of terrorist groups that would help out the Independence movement just cuz they hate the US.

No it’s definitely a matter of being willing to crush independence movements. Your next line shows me that you aren’t willing

Imagine Al-Qaeda striking in side the US every week. Imagine dirty bombs in NY. Imagine 9/11 scale attacks every 3-4 months.

The US and the world where made catatonic by just the one, now think of it happening every few months.

The US was fucking pissed off. If one happened every month it would result in the total genocide of the Iranian people. I don’t think you understand just how pissed off the US would be.

You make it sound like the only thing we need to do to make a peaceful Iran 51'st state is to want it.

There would be hundreds of thousands willing to make Iran independent.

This would be a colossal mistake for the US to do.

No what I’m saying is that we use military force to crack down hard. You’re the naïve pacifist hear
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:09 am

Petrasylvania wrote:Clicked on the thread with the idea of discussing Tehran threatening to blockade the Strait of Hormuz and instead wind up in a Reddit Iranian Blowjob fiction forum.

Even if the blockade is not possible, the declaration is a symptom that Donnie is slowly but surely pissing off parts of the entire world that's not Putin or Kim. No country can literally take on the rest of the world and win.

You do realize that Iran threaten to do this under Obama right? Or was that Trumps fault as well?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Vistulange
Negotiator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vistulange » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:09 am

Petrasylvania wrote:Clicked on the thread with the idea of discussing Tehran threatening to blockade the Strait of Hormuz and instead wind up in a Reddit Iranian Blowjob fiction forum.

So much this.

People are actually discussing annexing Iran into the United States. Seriously so.

Where is that goddamned facepalm emoji when we so desperately need it?

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:13 am

Firaxin wrote:

Nothing is easy, but it must be done for the greater good. I refuse to let those who die in a war die in vain, no puppet government will stand the test of time

@the bolded
*Laughs in Korean and Vietnamese*

Saying "It must be done!" and then doing it are two different things.

Thermodolia wrote:

No it wouldn’t be. Especially not if we ran it like we did Japan in the 1940s.

Also I said nothing about annexing Iran. That was all you.

Actuly, that is Firaxin, you just cut into his debate point.

And Japan wasn't totally peaceful then too. Riots could turn into a movement on a dime.

Thermodolia wrote:And you are fucking naïve

The majority of the attacks would be in Iran not the US, do you even know the history of insurgencies? The attacks wouldn’t be on a massive scale but small attacks designed to keep people on edge but not enough to retaliate. The IRA perfected this

This wouldn't be like Northern Ireland. This would be totally different beacuse the IRA didn't have the backing of al-qaeda.

Anyway, going to just chill out on another thread seeing how I'm just pissing everyone off again.

Azurius
Diplomat

Postby Azurius » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:16 am

Thermodolia wrote:

All these examples contain small regions without any means of indepedency and on top of it all culturaly identical to the invading culture. This also includes identical environment.

In case of the ME we are talking about sometimes large, inhospitable and foreign countries. Everything there is foreign to us, from the culture to the environment our soldiers would have to fight in. On top of it we are talking about proud people with a strong will that resisted overwhelmingly stronger invades multiple times already, and already resisted american puppets, carpet bombings, sanctions, uranium ammunition and other underhanded means of annexing them.

This is not gonna be a walk in the park like annexing a super small fucking and maybe also culturaly identical region or mini island with no viable ressources. This is gonna be real war, and cost you a shitton too.

Remember the Iraq war? The 40 billion us dollars you spent on motherfucking COOLING of your military bases because your soldiers can´t handle a bit of dessert heat without literaly desserting after some time? That´s the cost for cooling only, you are risking a larger scale war here, which is gonna drive up your costs including cooling immensely. And whilst you are at war, you will have NO access to the oil you so desperately need to actually fucking PROPELL your military equipment. Otherwise you´re simply going nowhere and invading nothing.

The middle east would simply block your oil access completely, and since Russia also has an interest they could do the same and say: Oil embargo for America! Latest then you are fucked beyond any repair and any chance of winning anything.

But you know what? Go on, think you are invincible, also leave the WTO and let us please punish the shit out of you. America deserves nothing less.

P.S. You owe us Germans gold bars, it´s time we started demanding them. Actually you owe the former Sovietunion too in that regard.
Last edited by Azurius on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General