NATION

PASSWORD

Let's ACTUALLY talk about chocolate

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Do you like chocolate?

[Spam filter]
No votes
HELL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
56%
I'm alright with it
38%
Eh
No votes
No
No votes
Absolutely no
6%

Total votes : 16

The Remote Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Let's ACTUALLY talk about chocolate

Postby The Remote Islands » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Okay, chocolate. It needs no introduction, so of course I'm writing this anyway. Super popular, but not quite the meme that bacon was a couple years ago. How do you like it?

Personally, I'm actually not crazy about chocolate by itself. Sure, it's tasty and I like it every now and then, but who doesn't? I prefer my chocolate mixed with other flavors if I'm having something that contains it. I'm more liable to eat dark chocolate than regular chocolate by itself, mainly for its increased health benefits.

It's interesting to note just how huge of an industry chocolate is, but it's also unfortunate that there's an amount of tropical deforestation and child labor involved in it, at least in west Africa. I wouldn't mind paying more for fair trade chocolate, considering it's supposed to be a 'luxury' food anyway.

What I really want to do though is find out if they sell chocolate coins in bulk and buy a ton of them so I can roll around in 'em like Scrooge McDuck.
Last edited by The Remote Islands on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groucho Marxist. Long live the Islands, except when they don't.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Usually when I do a hit of acid or coke, I avoid NS. But you didn't. Shows a lot of balls. I like that.

Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:25 pm

I like my dark chocolate!
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lord™
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

The Remote Islands
Diplomat

Postby The Remote Islands » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 pm

I've come to like the taste of dark chocolate the more I eat it. Not sure if I want to make it a daily snack considering I already eat more than enough sweets as it is.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Usually when I do a hit of acid or coke, I avoid NS. But you didn't. Shows a lot of balls. I like that.

Right wing humour squad
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Right wing humour squad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 pm

It’s gross and you are better off eating something healthy.
Currently adulting.
Reheated Donuts.
Minarchist and libertarian extremist.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Chocolate is my one true love and I find that the more cocoa is added, the better.

The only time chocolate is inferior is in ice cream, where vanilla takes the cake.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Seems to be a favorite among women, pinkos and queers, which makes me wary. But I will have some when the Apostles' Fast ends
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The Remote Islands
Diplomat

Postby The Remote Islands » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:33 pm

...what does that have to do with anything???

The Peru-Bolivian Empire
Civilian

Founded: Jun 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peru-Bolivian Empire » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:36 pm

My personal favorite type of chocolate is the type of chocolate on chocolate cakes and the chocolate on most candy bars. I don't like Hershey's chocolate, it's pretty overpowering. I also hate dark chocolate.
Last edited by The Peru-Bolivian Empire on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Right wing humour squad wrote:It’s gross and you are better off eating something healthy.

chocolate is healthy. Which is why people should only eat quality dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) as it is rich in Fiber, Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese and other minerals, is a powerful source of anti-oxidants, can improve blood flow, lower blood pressure, increases good HDL Cholestorol and improves cardiovascular health.

Like everything - Moderation is critical and try not to add bad stuff (like more sugar and cream ie Milk chocolate)

The Remote Islands
Diplomat

Postby The Remote Islands » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:02 pm

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General