NATION

PASSWORD

Domino's Pizza funds fixing potholes in American towns.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 am

Petrolheadia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:The other problem being that potholes can also crash trucks.

Are we talking about potholes or craters?

Well have you seen the state of roads in Michigan? They are pretty much are craters
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:25 am

Great Minarchistan wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Lend? The fuck are you talking about?

I give the teller money, the teller puts it in my bank account, it's still my money.

Sweet summer child... As a rule of thumb, banks typically use 80-90% of all demand deposits (such as your savings account) as loans to businesses, people, whatever. Only a meager 10-20% or so retains ready for any possible withdrawal. Did you really think that the banks give you interest at the cost of nothing? Truthfully you are the one being fooled by the bank as you are literally saving money on one of the worst performing investments possible. Get yourself a 401k.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Well, it's what we got.

And what we've got is a really strong economy huh? Wait, uhhh...

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Here is the weird part, they still make money from that account.

>What is investment and how do businesses use your savings to invest on themselves and then give you part of the return for participating on their scheme

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Whether or not I spend it or not, they still get a service charge of so much. They get that money even if I didn't spend a dime on anything.

...What do you mean?

Given the size of this fine, the scheme is surely a drop in the water when faced with the trillions exchanged in the financial system.

It's not at the cost of nothing, beacuse of the monthly service charge. What do I mean? The bank takes money every month from the account as a fee for storing the money.

I'll give you that it explains how they get the money for loans in the first place.

Weirdly enough, serviced based economies can be strong.

A drop in the water?

lol no, citi bank got away with this beacuse of the too big to fail bs.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:03 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Ok and? Really? A technicality?

Ya.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Not necessarily, the government can higher private sector workers for stuff.

See: Government contracting private sector people to repave roads.

The government runs a deficit if it does such, ceteris paribus. Therefore, more money to the private sector.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:And even if that was true, you can pay less for health care here if you are: politically active, going to school, religiously donating, going to a Jays game via Go bus/train and, donating to charity.

Does the government grant you healthcare benefits if you are the true scotsman?

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Private sector doesn't care about any of that, you end up paying more per year beacuse you deal with a cold uncaring corporation.

The cold uncaring corporation is busier trying to save its ass from bankruptcy and menacing competition.
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Good. They can fill them up with advertisements and we don't have to pay for filling them. This is perfect!

Great Minarchistan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:07 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:It's not at the cost of nothing, beacuse of the monthly service charge. What do I mean? The bank takes money every month from the account as a fee for storing the money.

>What are financial and operational fees

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:I'll give you that it explains how they get the money for loans in the first place.

Banking fees in 2016 were responsible for solely 15 billion dollars in revenue for the banking system.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Weirdly enough, serviced based economies can be strong.

Reinforce your claims with examples

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:A drop in the water?

lol no, citi bank got away with this beacuse of the too big to fail bs.

Being a bank that is too big to fail grants you automatic massive discounts in fines? Well then, what was the originally proposed fine?
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

Previous

Return to General