NATION

PASSWORD

Libertarian Discussion Thread II - Don't Thread on Me

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is the best libertarian ideology?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Classical liberalism
48%
Minarchism
9%
Anarcho-capitalism
5%
Bakunin's anarchism
8%
Anarcho-syndicalism
17%
Other/Anarcho-statism
14%

Total votes : 66

Elwher
Powerbroker

Founded: May 24, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Elwher » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:34 pm

On the off chance that we can get this thread revived (although the number of ex-nations in the posts leads me to a certain doubt), I throw out this topic suggestion.

The government has the right to set vaccination mandates and firearms restrictions on public property, as they are the owners of that property. Other property owners (or leaseholders) have the power to set their own restrictions on either matter on the property they control. The government's role in these cases should be limited to enforcing the rights of the property owners to set restrictions only.
CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Ambrose Bierce

Elwher
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby Elwher » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:52 am

CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Ambrose Bierce

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:20 am

Elwher wrote:On the off chance that we can get this thread revived (although the number of ex-nations in the posts leads me to a certain doubt), I throw out this topic suggestion.

The government has the right to set vaccination mandates and firearms restrictions on public property, as they are the owners of that property. Other property owners (or leaseholders) have the power to set their own restrictions on either matter on the property they control. The government's role in these cases should be limited to enforcing the rights of the property owners to set restrictions only.
The government is not the owner of public property. The public is.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:28 pm

Elwher wrote:(Image)

Hard to tell, but the Wealth Built by Capitalism seems to be open to being "redistributed" between them.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:30 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:

Hard to tell, but the Wealth Built by Capitalism seems to be open to being "redistributed" between them.

threesomes

giggity

Elwher
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby Elwher » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:38 am

Haganham wrote:
Elwher wrote:On the off chance that we can get this thread revived (although the number of ex-nations in the posts leads me to a certain doubt), I throw out this topic suggestion.

The government is not the owner of public property. The public is.

And the public elects the government; one of the functions delegated to it is the maintenance of public property.
Ambrose Bierce

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:17 am

Especially when that wealth becomes more concentrated in the elite.

https://www.epi.org/publication/chartin ... tagnation/
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Elwher
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby Elwher » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:00 pm

Ambrose Bierce

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General