NATION

PASSWORD

TET: And Another Month Bites The Dust

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

TET: And Another Month Bites The Dust

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:00 pm

A quick re-posting of the Rules of Engagement so we're all on track:

There have been multiple requests for a chat thread in various forums. The fact that we have traditionally come down rather hard on them has been in place for ages, and for a number of different reasons. After discussing various points, and the fact that it seems to be something the players would really like to have, we’re going to try it out and see how it goes. Please bear in mind the following:

• There are no new rules for these threads. If you have a question on the rules, Reploid Productions has links in her sig to handy threads to refresh your memory. Things like ‘do not spam, do not flame, do not troll, do not bait your fellow posters’ are all very good things to keep in mind.

• Keep it family friendly as much as possible. In other words, however much you want to hug and snuggle and flirt, do not get graphic with it. This has also been a problem in other chat threads, and some have been shut down for it. Keep it clean, or take it elsewhere. Does this mean sensitive topics cannot be discussed? No – but have care, as with any forum here on NS, with how you handle it.

• These threads are not a blog, or a stage for you to constantly play out your personal dramas – do not treat them like one. Which is not to say folks can’t ask how one another is doing, offer a shoulder now and then, or give some encouragement. Life happens – and it’s nice to have folks you can talk to about it. Just keep in mind that some things are more appropriate to continue discussing in other places.

• Each chat thread will be locked, and linked to after reaching around 500 pages. Please do not try to race and fill up those 500 pages. These are not designed for competition in mind, just discussion between players on whatever it is that’s on their minds at the time (so long as it is within the site rules.) Please, don’t do it.

• No, this does not mean everyone can run out and create their own chat threads. Please do not go out and make your own in General. We still have to moderate things, and that's one of the reasons that chat threads are difficult - they move fast. Too many, and we'll drown. We hate drowning.

• Title for the thread: If you’ve got some ideas or preferences, let us know – we'll pretend to consider it before ultimately going with whatever title we came up with. TGs to me on this topic are not welcome :P

• Offenders will have to lip sync for their life.

• Happy birthday, Harry Potter!

• Darkness Falls across the land, the midnight hour is close at hand, creatures crawl from every tomb and are closing in to seal your doom!

So there you go – a thread you can go to and not get yelled at for chatting, or going off topic (within reason). Hope you can enjoy, folks!

For those asking about How To Self-Moderate:

1: Ask or remind politely if spamming or inappropriate posting takes place.

2: If it isn't egregious, let it go.

3: If it is, and the polite request/reminder goes ignored, report it in Moderation.

4: Do not hijack the entire thread by getting into a prolonged argument over it.

5: Remember that the rules of the thread are really no different from the rest of the forums, save TET is intended as a chat thread, and thus, the ideas of 'spamming' and such are somewhat relaxed. Don't be overly-uptight when attempting to help keep things clean.

6: No one is to consider themselves the security officers of TET - while we encourage and appreciate player participation in leading by example, and gently reminding others to keep things on track, the Moderators are the 'arbiters of thread justice' and players have no authority, perceived or otherwise outside their OP rights in the RP forums.

7: Be excellent to one another. A reminder of the need for better behavior ought to be delivered with this in mind, and with the end goal of keeping the thread clean, and fun for all. Not to impose opinions or preferences on your fellow posters. Remind as you would like to be reminded, keep it civil.

8: Leave the drama, divisiveness, cliques, accusations, and assorted nastiness at the door. Don't track it in all over our nice clean thread. The continuance of the thread is up to you, the players, to maintain. Let's keep the fun uninterrupted by keeping things pleasant.

Previous Incarnations:

TET 1 - 100

Part 101 -- Part 102 -- Part 103 -- Part 104 -- Part 105 -- Part 106 -- Part 107 -- Part 108 -- Part 109 -- Part 110
Part 111 -- Part 112 -- Part 113 -- Part 114 -- Part 115 -- Part 116 -- Part 117 -- Part 118 -- Part 119 -- Part 120
Part 121 -- Part 122 -- Part 123 -- Part 124 -- Part 125 -- Part 126 -- Part 127 -- Part 128 -- Part 129 -- Part 130
Part 131 -- Part 132 -- Part 133 -- Part 134 -- Part 135 -- Part 136 -- Part 137 -- Part 138 -- Part 139 -- Part 140
Part 141 -- Part 142 -- Part 143 -- Part 144 -- Part 145 -- Part 146 -- Part 147 -- Part 148 -- Part 149 -- Part 150
Part 151 -- Part 152 -- Part 153 -- Part 154 -- Part 155 -- Part 156 -- Part 157 -- Part 158 -- Part 159 -- Part 160
Part 161 -- Part 162 -- Part 163 -- Part 164 -- Part 164 -- Part 165 -- Part 166 -- Part 167 -- Part 168 -- Part 169
Part 170 -- Part 171

The last one: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=434440
Last edited by Farnhamia on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Because it's not June anymore.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:01 pm

*Places the first post reply on here*

Ayaya, looks like I win again
Last edited by Destructive Government Economic System on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:01 pm

tet!

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Night-time heat would suggest mid-July! Somebody needs to tell Gaia to calm down a tad on the weather front this year.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Gallade wrote:Night-time heat would suggest mid-July! Somebody needs to tell Gaia to calm down a tad on the weather front this year.

Gonna be in the 90s all week here at a mile high. :lol:
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:04 pm

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:*Places the first post reply on here*

Ayaya, looks like I win again

I don't win.

But at the same time, TET always is a place where everyone wins.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Gallade wrote:Night-time heat would suggest mid-July! Somebody needs to tell Gaia to calm down a tad on the weather front this year.

On my recent trip to Germany it was hitting the high 30's using the Celsius scale (about 100+ in Fahrenheit).
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Prussian Polish Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 pm

wtf it feels like early spring here in NY
Last edited by Prussian Polish Commonwealth on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current leader is Kaiser King Crassus von Hohenzollern
Das Gemeinwesen des Königreichs Preußen, das Königreich Polen und das Großherzogtum Litauen

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program
A Level 12 civilization, according to this index.

Time: January 2016
NEWS
Prussia-Poland exits EU////Sejm grants Kingdom of Bavaria shared autonomy in Danzig///Royal Bavarian Navy set to expand///German 'No Borders' activists hold rally near border crossing, breach fence before broken up with cavalry charge///5000 Christian refugees taken in

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

On my recent trip to Germany it was hitting the high 30’s using the Celsius scale (about 100+ in Fahrenheit).

Wish it got that warm here sometime
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 pm

On my recent trip to Germany it was hitting the high 30's using the Celsius scale (about 100+ in Fahrenheit).

What? It's summer, then.

Now I'm even more excited to go back again. :)
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Gonna be in the 90s all week here at a mile high. :lol:

2am and still close to 20/68 here, humidity in the 90's, moved my sweaty self to the living room away from the furnace that is my husband and I still think it's going to be a sleepless night.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:On my recent trip to Germany it was hitting the high 30's using the Celsius scale (about 100+ in Fahrenheit).

What? It's summer, then.

I also went to the Czech Republic, same story there too, ridiculously hot. The bottom of my shoes was literally starting to stick to the road when I crossed the street...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 pm

When everyone’s talking about summer and you live in the arctic…
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:12 pm

Geneviev wrote:What? It's summer, then.

I also went to the Czech Republic, same story there too, ridiculously hot. The bottom of my shoes was literally starting to stick to the road when I crossed the street...

Wow. That's amazing.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Aureumterra wrote:When everyone’s talking about summer and you live in the arctic…

Prod the volcano.

Combat Homelessness

Baltiata
Lobbyist

Founded: May 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltiata » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Aureumterra wrote:When everyone’s talking about summer and you live in the arctic…

IKR
SIGNATURE IS WIP
Puppet of the now-nonexistent Nordland
Resident of Ísland (Heillið landið!)

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Just go to Germany.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:17 pm

We're doing pretty good. BEGIN THE REVOLUTION AGAIN!
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:18 pm

The South Falls wrote:We're doing pretty good. BEGIN THE REVOLUTION AGAIN!

It looks like it will be a hot and sweaty revolution unfortunately.

Wave on, wave on

Baltiata
Lobbyist

Founded: May 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltiata » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Geneviev wrote:

Just go to Germany.

is it just me, or whenever I leave the Arctic, it feels sooo weird to have normal day/night cycles
SIGNATURE IS WIP
Puppet of the now-nonexistent Nordland
Resident of Ísland (Heillið landið!)

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:19 pm

No, see, revolutions should only happen in the fall and winter. In the summer, who cares, it's too hot, no one wants to go storming the Winter Palace.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Baltiata wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Just go to Germany.

is it just me, or whenever I leave the Arctic, it feels sooo weird to have normal day/night cycles

Yes, when I see sunrise and sunset in a single day, It feels like I’m on a alien planet or something, since I’m not used to it at all
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Yea, we're going to have to corral the children who continue to scream obscenities. Oh, yeah. I've been wearing a sweater, in 99F. Every day since January 7. I'm proud.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:21 pm

I just realised I'll be in my home in less than two weeks. I'm so so so so so so so excited. :lol:

Baltiata wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Just go to Germany.

It's probably just you.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:22 pm

Geneviev wrote:I just realised I'll be in my home in less than two weeks. I'm so so so so so so so excited. :lol:

Baltiata wrote:is it just me, or whenever I leave the Arctic, it feels sooo weird to have normal day/night cycles

It’s probably just you.

And me, and almost everyone who lives up here
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General