NATION

PASSWORD

SCOTUS Sides With Baker in LGBT Wedding Cake Case

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Bakra wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Soooooooo who should people be supporting then?

"No one" is an option. Syphoning off your principles to the only bidder is how we got the 2016 election

The libertarian thread is the next door over.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:So this particular baker, because he was treated unfairly by the Commission, had his free exercise rights limited in an unconstitutional way, and he rightly won his case. But the ruling rests on the Commission's bias and hostility - not on the antidiscrimination law itself. As Justice Kagan writes in her concurrence, had the Commission not shown such hostility, its decision might even have stood - because the secular bakers would have refused to make homophobic cakes for any customers, regardless of religion, while Phillips refused to bake a cake for a gay couple specifically because they were gay. That's a valid reason for the Commission to find discrimination in the second case but not the first. But instead of that rationale, it repeatedly demeaned the plaintiff and belittled his beliefs.

The part in red is incorrect. Phillips also refused a request from a gay man's heterosexual mother to bake a gay wedding cake. His refusal was not based on the sexual orientation of the prospective customer but rather on the message that the cake would convey -- that homosexual relationships are equal and should be celebrated.

That's some rather interesting mental gymnastics.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:So this particular baker, because he was treated unfairly by the Commission, had his free exercise rights limited in an unconstitutional way, and he rightly won his case. But the ruling rests on the Commission's bias and hostility - not on the antidiscrimination law itself. As Justice Kagan writes in her concurrence, had the Commission not shown such hostility, its decision might even have stood - because the secular bakers would have refused to make homophobic cakes for any customers, regardless of religion, while Phillips refused to bake a cake for a gay couple specifically because they were gay. That's a valid reason for the Commission to find discrimination in the second case but not the first. But instead of that rationale, it repeatedly demeaned the plaintiff and belittled his beliefs.

The part in red is incorrect. Phillips also refused a request from a gay man's heterosexual mother to bake a gay wedding cake. His refusal was not based on the sexual orientation of the prospective customer but rather on the message that the cake would convey -- that homosexual relationships are equal and should be celebrated.

Which may or may not have violated the ADA anyway. Most antidiscrimination statutes have some wiggle room. If I'm white, and I'm booking a motel room on behalf of my black friend, and the owner refuses to do business with me, he's still in violation of the Civil Rights Act. The courts have been clear that the whole point in antidiscrimination laws in public accommodations is to ensure equal access to services, which is compromised by discrimination even at second hand.

But the real point is that the case wasn't decided on any of those merits. It was decided because, despite Kennedy's various hints and equivocations about his feelings on other, peripheral issues, he was clear that "the delicate question of when the free exercise of [Phillips'] religion must yield to an otherwise valid exercise of state power needed to be determined in an adjudication in which religious hostility on the part of the State itself would not be a factor in the balance the State sought to reach. That requirement, however, was not met here."
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:It was decided because, despite Kennedy's various hints and equivocations about his feelings on other, peripheral issues...

Those hints and equivocations give us some sense as to how Kennedy will rule in future. And they seem to tilt somewhat in favour of religious liberty, per my analysis above.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Auralia wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:It was decided because, despite Kennedy's various hints and equivocations about his feelings on other, peripheral issues...

Those hints and equivocations give us some sense as to how Kennedy will rule in future. And they seem to tilt somewhat in favour of religious liberty, per my analysis above.

There's also these:

"While those religious and philosophical objections are protected, it is a general rule that such objections do not allow business owners and other actors in the economy and in society to deny protected persons equal access to goods and services under a neutral and generally applicable public accommodations law."

“Colorado law can protect gay persons, just as it can protect other classes of individuals, in acquiring whatever products and services they choose on the same terms and conditions as are offered to other members of the public.”

"Any decision in favor of the baker would have to be sufficiently constrained, lest all purveyors of goods and services who object to gay marriages for moral and religious reasons in effect be allowed to put up signs saying 'no goods or services will be sold if they will be used for gay marriages,' something that would impose a serious stigma on gay persons."

My sense of the decision is that Kennedy is outraged by the Commission's disrespect for the plaintiff's religious beliefs, and that he wants these sorts of disputes to be "resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs," but not that he's interested in expanding a religious loophole for discrimination in public accomodations.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
Auralia wrote:Those hints and equivocations give us some sense as to how Kennedy will rule in future. And they seem to tilt somewhat in favour of religious liberty, per my analysis above.

There's also these:

"While those religious and philosophical objections are protected, it is a general rule that such objections do not allow business owners and other actors in the economy and in society to deny protected persons equal access to goods and services under a neutral and generally applicable public accommodations law."

“Colorado law can protect gay persons, just as it can protect other classes of individuals, in acquiring whatever products and services they choose on the same terms and conditions as are offered to other members of the public.”

"Any decision in favor of the baker would have to be sufficiently constrained, lest all purveyors of goods and services who object to gay marriages for moral and religious reasons in effect be allowed to put up signs saying 'no goods or services will be sold if they will be used for gay marriages,' something that would impose a serious stigma on gay persons."

My sense of the decision is that Kennedy is outraged by the Commission's disrespect for the plaintiff's religious beliefs, and that he wants these sorts of disputes to be "resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs," but not that he's interested in expanding a religious loophole for discrimination in public accomodations.

How do you resolve with tolerance if one side refuses due to religion?

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Baker discriminates against LGBT people.

Baker told that he shouldn't discriminate against LGBT people.

Baker complains about being discriminated against.

You literally couldn't make it up.

> Baker refuses to participate in pro-homosexual event because his religion says is an abomination

> Baker told that he will participate in that event at gunpoint (literally if he didn't comply, by threats of prison and bankrupting fines)

> Baker denied a fair hearing by the Colorado extortion panel

> Baker complains about being literally persecuted and threatened with bankruptcy and imprisonment for obeying the explicit commands of his religion

Yeah, you really can't make that up. That shouldn't happen in America.

Maybe if the government put a gun to your head and forced you to participate in an anti-gay event, or bake a cake that reads "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION", you might start singing a different tune!
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Bakra
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:19 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:My sense of the decision is that Kennedy is outraged by the Commission's disrespect for the plaintiff's religious beliefs, and that he wants these sorts of disputes to be "resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs," but not that he's interested in expanding a religious loophole for discrimination in public accomodations.

Which makes this funnier, because Ginsberg and her lackey Sotomayer seem to think kangaroo courts are ok if they agree with their agenda. The baker plainly broke the law, but they needed to do it in a civil capacity with a fair and just trial.

But don't listen to me. Those two experts seem to think a fair trial is only applicable to their ilk. I may be slightly perturbed by this.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Bakra wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:My sense of the decision is that Kennedy is outraged by the Commission's disrespect for the plaintiff's religious beliefs, and that he wants these sorts of disputes to be "resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs," but not that he's interested in expanding a religious loophole for discrimination in public accomodations.

Which makes this funnier, because Ginsberg and her lackey Sotomayer seem to think kangaroo courts are ok if they agree with their agenda. The baker plainly broke the law, but they needed to do it in a civil capacity with a fair and just trial.

But don't listen to me. Those two experts seem to think a fair trial is only applicable to their ilk. I may be slightly perturbed by this.

Let's leave the remarks about the justices out of it. The same can be said about Gorsuch, Thomas, Alito.......

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Sort of how the only way to deal with a Jew is to play their game: be crafty, underhanded, and lie to them about gas chambers.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Bakra wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Sort of how the only way to deal with a Jew is to play their game: be crafty, underhanded, and lie to them about gas chambers.

I'm sorry this isn't the stormfront site.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Bakra wrote:

Let's leave the remarks about the justices out of it. The same can be said about Gorsuch, Thomas, Alito.......

Gorusch? I would be interested to see some examples about how he treats people differently before the law. He even states in his decision that "you need to be consistent, whether it's with the anti-gay cake or the gay marriage cake".

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:
There's also these:

For a start, don't say that homophobic cakes reflect speech by the baker, who is therefore excused from making them, while gay wedding cakes exclusively reflect speech by the customer, obliging the baker to make them. Laws of general application have to be applied generally. As a legal definition of tolerance, that's as good a place to start as any. Auralia's right that Kennedy clearly thinks that this stinks to high heaven, and while - as Kagan pointed out - there are ways around the problem, that imbalance shouldn't sit well with any of us.

More broadly: activists are free to be as intolerant of each other as they want. But the state cannot make its decisions out of hostility, because there are no enemies of the state in a free society. That's why the principle of tolerance, in the resolution of these disputes, has to be paramount - however intolerant the parties to those disputes may sometimes be.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Bakra wrote:

It was sarcasm.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:25 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Baker discriminates against LGBT people.

Baker told that he shouldn't discriminate against LGBT people.

Baker complains about being discriminated against.

You literally couldn't make it up.

> Baker refuses to participate in pro-homosexual event because his religion says is an abomination

> Baker told that he will participate in that event at gunpoint (literally if he didn't comply, by threats of prison and bankrupting fines)

> Baker denied a fair hearing by the Colorado extortion panel

> Baker complains about being literally persecuted and threatened with bankruptcy and imprisonment for obeying the explicit commands of his religion

Yeah, you really can't make that up. That shouldn't happen in America.

Maybe if the government put a gun to your head and forced you to participate in an anti-gay event, or bake a cake that reads "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION", you might start singing a different tune!

So where does the bible explicitly demand that homosexuals be discriminated against?

Also >extortion panel

Nice to see you're not even trying to approach this from a neutral frame of reference.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:25 pm

As for legal matters, it is abominable that the Supreme Court has justices that rule on "stigma" (AKA MUH LITTLE FEELINGS) of one party (as he did in the SSM case that metaphorically raped the Tenth Amendment), and not the law or the Constitution. The entire SSM case that started this mess was based on "this hurts LGBT peoples' feelings", not the Constitution.

I believe this ruling is a good start, but it should go further. No one should be compelled to participate in sin.
  • Muslim caterers should not be forced to serve pork to unbelievers.
  • Jewish photographers or journalists should not be forced to attend and document Neo-Nazi rallies.
  • Homosexuals should not be forced to produce a product reading "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION".
  • Jews, Christians, and Muslims should not be forced to participate in the celebration, glorification, or enabling of homosexuality.
  • Atheists should not be forced to participate in religious events.

Furthermore, I believe that private businesses (not involved in essential or life-saving services like police, fire, medicine, security, utilities, etc. etc.), should be allowed to refuse service for any reason, or refuse to hire or fire someone, etc., without any cause.

I would never dine at a restaurant that turns blacks away, but the owner should have a right to be stupid.

We live in a civilized country, where we recognize that racism, etc., is not to be tolerated. In modern dtimes, the Free Market would bring any corporation or entity that tried to do something that stupid down. Just ask Rosanne or any of the groping news anchormen.

Why do we still have the government in it?
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Kramanica
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:The part in red is incorrect. Phillips also refused a request from a gay man's heterosexual mother to bake a gay wedding cake. His refusal was not based on the sexual orientation of the prospective customer but rather on the message that the cake would convey -- that homosexual relationships are equal and should be celebrated.

Which may or may not have violated the ADA anyway. Most antidiscrimination statutes have some wiggle room. If I'm white, and I'm booking a motel room on behalf of my black friend, and the owner refuses to do business with me, he's still in violation of the Civil Rights Act. The courts have been clear that the whole point in antidiscrimination laws in public accommodations is to ensure equal access to services, which is compromised by discrimination even at second hand.

But the real point is that the case wasn't decided on any of those merits. It was decided because, despite Kennedy's various hints and equivocations about his feelings on other, peripheral issues, he was clear that "the delicate question of when the free exercise of [Phillips'] religion must yield to an otherwise valid exercise of state power needed to be determined in an adjudication in which religious hostility on the part of the State itself would not be a factor in the balance the State sought to reach. That requirement, however, was not met here."

They're still allowed access to services. They're simply not willing to bake them a cake for this specific circumstance.
Running out of nation names faster than I can think of them
American National Syndicalist
"B-but gun control works in Australia..."

West Leas Oros
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Bakra wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

It was sarcasm.

Usually you need to specify if you’re being sarcastic. Use this face :^)
Just your friendly neighborhood democratic socialist revisionist traitor.
PMT nation. Economically to the left of Karl Marx. Social justice is a bourgeois plot.
Brothers and sisters are natural enemies, like fascists and communists. Or libertarians and communists. Or social democrats and communists. Or communists and other communists! Damn commies, they ruined communism!"

The Xenopolis Confederation wrote:Oros, no. Please. You were the chosen one. You were meant to debunk the tankies, not join them. Bring balance to the left, not leave it in darkness.

WLO Public News: Protest turns violent as Orosian Anarchists burn building. 2 found dead, 8 injured. Investigation continues.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:28 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:As for legal matters, it is abominable that the Supreme Court has justices that rule on "stigma" (AKA MUH LITTLE FEELINGS) of one party (as he did in the SSM case that metaphorically raped the Tenth Amendment), and not the law or the Constitution. The entire SSM case that started this mess was based on "this hurts LGBT peoples' feelings", not the Constitution.

I believe this ruling is a good start, but it should go further. No one should be compelled to participate in sin.
  • Jewish photographers or journalists should not be forced to attend and document Neo-Nazi rallies.
  • Homosexuals should not be forced to produce a product reading "HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION".
  • Jews, Christians, and Muslims should not be forced to participate in the celebration, glorification, or enabling of homosexuality.

Furthermore, I believe that private businesses (not involved in essential or life-saving services like police, fire, medicine, security, utilities, etc. etc.), should be allowed to refuse service for any reason, or refuse to hire or fire someone, etc., without any cause.

I would never dine at a restaurant that turns blacks away, but the owner should have a right to be stupid.

We live in a civilized country, where we recognize that racism, etc., is not to be tolerated. In modern dtimes, the Free Market would bring any corporation or entity that tried to do something that stupid down. Just ask Rosanne or any of the groping news anchormen.

But when something hurts Christians' feelings, like not being allowed to treat homosexuals as subhuman, then it should be fixed?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Kramanica
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Vassenor wrote:
TURTLESHROOM II wrote:As for legal matters, it is abominable that the Supreme Court has justices that rule on "stigma" (AKA MUH LITTLE FEELINGS) of one party (as he did in the SSM case that metaphorically raped the Tenth Amendment), and not the law or the Constitution. The entire SSM case that started this mess was based on "this hurts LGBT peoples' feelings", not the Constitution.

But when something hurts Christians' feelings, like not being allowed to treat homosexuals as subhuman, then it should be fixed?

Can you show us on the doll where the Christians touched you?
Running out of nation names faster than I can think of them
American National Syndicalist
"B-but gun control works in Australia..."

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Vassenor wrote:So where does the bible explicitly demand that homosexuals be discriminated against?

The Bible explicitly forbids Christians from practicing sexual immorality, in both Testaments. The Bible explicitly condemns homosexuality and sodomy as sinful abominations, in both Testaments. This includes a refusal to participate in pro-LGBT events.
(Besides, this fundamentalist baker has been frequented by many LGBT customers and he never denied them service until they tried to shake him down into celebrating homosexuality.)

The Bible orders Christians to follow the law and submit to the state unless the state compels them to defy/renounce God and/or to participate in sin. This is a clear-cut case of that very matter: honor God and possibly go to prison or bankruptcy, or kneel before the altar of sodomy and defy one's Christian fundamentalism.

The free expression of religion does not end at the threshold of the church vestibule.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Krasny-Volny
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Krasny-Volny » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Christians do not treat any man as being less than human if they are truly followers of Christ.
Krastecexport. Cheap armaments for the budget minded, sold with discretion.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Which has nothing to do with this case.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Kramanica wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:

They're still allowed access to services. They're simply not willing to bake them a cake for this specific circumstance.

That's not how public accomodations law works. To quote the decision again, the point in civil rights laws is to protect certain classes of persons "in acquiring whatever products and services they choose on the same terms and conditions as are offered to other members of the public.” So if they want a wedding cake, they should be able to get it on the same terms and conditions as everybody else, "lest all purveyors of goods and services who object to gay marriages for moral and religious reasons in effect be allowed to put up signs saying 'no goods or services will be sold if they will be used for gay marriages,' something that would impose a serious stigma on gay persons." And the courts have held since at least the 1960s that the government has every right to pass laws to combat that community-wide stigma.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Vassenor wrote:But when something hurts Christians' feelings... ...then it should be fixed?

Dude, Christians are "stigmatized", defamed, blasphemed, mocked, deridden, and ridiculed on a daily basis. It's on every show, every late night discussion, and even a five-day "fashion"/blasphemy festival at a place called Met in New York City. (Of course, you never catch someone doing that to Muslims.)

I have NEVER advocated for any of that to be shut down by the state. Compulsory/establishment of religion is an abomination and taxpayer subsidies for religion is an abomination. If we have a right to live according to our faith, you have a right to mock us for it, but you can't put a gun to our heads and demand we kneel before an altar of sin.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General