NATION

PASSWORD

GUN TALK: Doubletap

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite intermediate cartridge?

5.56 NATO
45%
6%
7.62x39
22%
.30 Carbine
7%
.30-30 WCF
5%
Other
16%

Total votes : 281

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:30 am

Germanic Templars wrote:It's painful when you want to buy a gun, you have the money to buy one, but ya have to be financially responsible and buy other things, such as a new furnace or car, or both. :(

I too have felt that pain.

J o J
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby J o J » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:44 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:It's painful when you want to buy a gun, you have the money to buy one, but ya have to be financially responsible and buy other things, such as a new furnace or car, or both. :(

There's a gun store in my hometown that has an M82A1 on sale in the quadruple digits. I think a lot of people who go in there feel this pain.
Don't be sour, here have a flower,
I'll refound your region in under an hour!
Calm down, no need to flame,
NationStates is just a game!

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:47 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:

Problem is that I have been feeling this pain for 2 years now and it has gotten worse to where I want to buy me a machinegun plus several other guns.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

An Infinity Gauntlet
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby An Infinity Gauntlet » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:04 pm

My brother and I spend a lot of weekends alone in the wilderness fishing and we’re thinking of buying a gun. I was thinking about some .22 pistol, but I dunno I’ve never really looked into guns much at all. A .22 pistol seems like a good buy to me for some basic defense and uber cheap ammo. What do you guys think.
Perfectly balancing political ideologies, as all ideologies should be
Pros:Thanos, Extermination of half the galaxy, and a liberal democracy
Cons:The Avengers, Thor's entire bloodline, Radicalism/Reactionarism. Lots of isms
don't make me snap you out of existence

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Novus America wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Not like he has a chance of winning so no need to worry.

I would not be so sure about that.

Not like you to be pessimistic like that Novus.
If Hillary Clinton couldn't beat Trump. A dumber, more senile, male Hillary who is half as creepy as Trump with women isn't going to either.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:54 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Novus America wrote:
I would not be so sure about that.

Not like you to be pessimistic like that Novus.
If Hillary Clinton couldn't beat Trump. A dumber, more senile, male Hillary who is half as creepy as Trump with women isn't going to either.

One hopes. But I am afraid we will get complacent, not view him as a threat, and then Bloomberg’s goon squads are seizing our guns.
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Novus America wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Not like you to be pessimistic like that Novus.

One hopes. But I am afraid we will get complacent, not view him as a threat, and then Bloomberg’s goon squads are seizing our guns.

Did I say pessimistic? I mean outright paranoid.
Chill, your guns are safe. Bloomberg dropped out.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Did I say pessimistic? I mean outright paranoid.

Bloomberg is now funding Biden. He is probably even more dangerous that way.
If Biden wins, Bloomberg wins.
But this is getting more into the gun control thread.
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Krasny-Volny
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Krasny-Volny » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:58 pm

An Infinity Gauntlet wrote:My brother and I spend a lot of weekends alone in the wilderness fishing and we’re thinking of buying a gun. I was thinking about some .22 pistol, but I dunno I’ve never really looked into guns much at all. A .22 pistol seems like a good buy to me for some basic defense and uber cheap ammo. What do you guys think.

A .22 pistol is great for cheap target practice and for use as a signal gun. If you’ve never owned a firearm before, it’s a great starter gun.

However, I will add that it’s of somewhat limited effectiveness against some of the hazardous wildlife you’re likely to encounter in the wilderness or predators of the two-legged variety.

If you’re still set on a .22, remember that there are three types of .22 ammo out there, and they are for the most part not interchangeable. These are .22 short, .22LR, and .22 Magnum. The latter two will kill a feral hog and even a coyote with a well-aimed shot, and are effective against snakes too when loaded with snake shot. So my advice is to get something chambered for either of those for taking on those backcountry fishing trips.
Krastecexport. Cheap armaments for the budget minded, sold with discretion.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Get a big enough gun and solve all three with recoil and that warm fuzzy feeling.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:04 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:

Get a big enough gun and solve all three with recoil and that warm fuzzy feeling.

Get a short barrel select fire M16, a Beta C Mag, and a skate board. Solve all three at once. Have a fun new gun, a mode of transportation (yay recoil), and a warm fuzzy fireball to keep you warm.

:P
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:28 pm

The Chuck wrote:
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Get a big enough gun and solve all three with recoil and that warm fuzzy feeling.

Get a short barrel select fire M16, a Beta C Mag, and a skate board. Solve all three at once. Have a fun new gun, a mode of transportation (yay recoil), and a warm fuzzy fireball to keep you warm.

I'm curious what the fuel efficiency is of a Stoner propelled skateboard...
Last edited by Telconi on Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Novus America wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Did I say pessimistic? I mean outright paranoid.

This is going to come as a shock but money has ran politics from the start. Bloomberg is hardly the first member of the American elite to fund someone's political campaign.
Anarchist

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:54 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Novus America wrote:

This is going to come as a shock but money has ran politics from the start. Bloomberg is hardly the first member of the American elite to fund someone's political campaign.

True, but it still makes Biden (who has few real convictions of his own) a danger when Bloomberg’s Mayors For Seizing Guns and Beto will be deciding Biden’s gun control policy.

So it is not a time to get complacent.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:59 am

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:

At that point I would need to buy me an artillery gun ranging from 105mm to 203mm gun.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:59 am

Corona Virus AR 15 Attachment approved by USA Today
:rofl:

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:41 am

As far as the .700 NE goes I see no real point for it in North America. A .458 Winchester Magnum will do as well against anything here as a .700 NE double rifle AND is not nearly as expensive or hard to get.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:34 am

Novus America wrote:As far as the .700 NE goes I see no real point for it in North America. A .458 Winchester Magnum will do as well against anything here as a .700 NE double rifle AND is not nearly as expensive or hard to get.

When I shoot a grizzly for bear steaks, I love having a steak get ripped right out of the grizzly with the power of the .700 NE. A little less butchering needing to be done... :P
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:37 am

The Chuck wrote:
Novus America wrote:As far as the .700 NE goes I see no real point for it in North America. A .458 Winchester Magnum will do as well against anything here as a .700 NE double rifle AND is not nearly as expensive or hard to get.

When I shoot a grizzly for bear steaks, I love having a steak get ripped right out of the grizzly with the power of the .700 NE. A little less butchering needing to be done... :P

I alway like to shoot my Grizzlies with a M-29 Davy Crockett Weapon System, not only does it rip the steak clear off it microwave cooks it in the process. :twisted:
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 pm

Telconi wrote:
The Chuck wrote:

According to What If?, a machine gun powered jet pack is somewhat feasible, so an AR powered skateboard might work.
Novus America wrote:
The Chuck wrote:

I alway like to shoot my Grizzlies with a M-29 Davy Crockett Weapon System, not only does it rip the steak clear off it microwave cooks it in the process. :twisted:

Only a Davey Crockett? I like to use my 17 inch battleship gun to blast it, and then barbecue it with napalm.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:59 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Telconi wrote:

According to What If?, a machine gun powered jet pack is somewhat feasible, so an AR powered skateboard might work.
Novus America wrote:

Only a Davey Crockett? I like to use my 17 inch battleship gun to blast it, and then barbecue it with napalm.

What if it is inland?
Also always a W23 shell, no need for the napalm. :twisted:
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:15 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:
Mercatus wrote:However, the .700 Nitro completely baffles me as to why someone would have a gun chambered in that. They can hunt elephants but that isn't exactly an ethical or legal use.

Home defense.

Nothing deters a burglar like seeing his accomplice's internal organs exiting through what used to be his back.

Nah, get that 6-gauge KS-23 and load that bad boy with slugs, and you can paint the walls red if that's your thing. Anyone who gets shot by that thing won't possess any internal organs or even a midsection.

Sadly the KS-23 is not legal to import from Russia into the US.
Last edited by Mercatus on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:31 am

Novus America wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:According to What If?, a machine gun powered jet pack is somewhat feasible, so an AR powered skateboard might work.

What if it is inland?
Also always a W23 shell, no need for the napalm. :twisted:

Even better.
Mercatus wrote:
The Two Jerseys wrote:Home defense.

Nothing deters a burglar like seeing his accomplice's internal organs exiting through what used to be his back.

Nah, get that 6-gauge KS-23 and load that bad boy with slugs, and you can paint the walls red if that's your thing. Anyone who gets shot by that thing won't possess any internal organs or even a midsection.

Sadly the KS-23 is not legal to import from Russia into the US.

Darnit. I want to be able to blow holes in cars at 100 yards.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:10 pm

So with "Operation Wuhan Virus/Flu Freakout" going on, it's been a bit of a blessing in that the indoor range I go to at times is pretty much empty so I get the whole place to myself.
Ammo availability is at places is getting thin but still in stock.
What have you all seen in your area in regards to ammo and range usage?

Store in Las Vegas damn near cleaned out.
https://www.facebook.com/SpartanArmsLasVegas/videos/198342521441627/
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:So with "Operation Wuhan Virus/Flu Freakout" going on, it's been a bit of a blessing in that the indoor range I go to at times is pretty much empty so I get the whole place to myself.
Ammo availability is at places is getting thin but still in stock.
What have you all seen in your area in regards to ammo and range usage?

Store in Las Vegas damn near cleaned out.
https://www.facebook.com/SpartanArmsLasVegas/videos/198342521441627/

When I went to Cabelas on Friday, which was the day everyone decided to loot the grocery stores in my area, they still had quite a decent stock of ammo. Though they didn't have the two calibers that I went to go get. .22 Short and 7.62x54R. Luckily I should be able to buy ammo in bulk off the web. As for ranges, I haven't been to any recently, but I'm assuming that they're pretty much empty right now.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General