NATION

PASSWORD

Should we clone Jesus?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:59 pm

New Vetalia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:But not his son, in the sense that he was not the father. At least that is Christian belief, is it not?

Sure, but I don't know what the point is? Jesus was of Davidic lineage, albeit indirectly, and Joseph raised Him as his own Son.

Yes, he was. Legally, he was. Anyways, this may be becoming a bit of a threadjack.

Imperial Esplanade wrote:I really don't quite see the point on doing that, honestly.

Mainly just to see what would happen, I think. If it's like the Jesus in the Bible or not.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Luziyca wrote:He has already been cloned, and has just replied to this thread.

;)

HEIL SATAN!
HEIL JESUS!
DIE USURPER!

Heh.

On a serious note, I don't think that would accomplish much. Even if we are to assume that we can clone Jesus, then how do we know that this Jesus is not merely someone with the genetic fingerprint of Jesus Christ, but is otherwise a completely separate person who probably has their own opinions?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:I really don't quite see the point on doing that, honestly.

Mainly just to see what would happen, I think. If it's like the Jesus in the Bible or not.

Well not that it's ever going to happen, since we don't exactly have a complete DNA set to go off of, but if anything... I'm willing to bet we'll just end up with a regular dude who is just looks like Jesus. Basically, his underwhelming twin brother.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:HEIL SATAN!
HEIL JESUS!
DIE USURPER!

Heh.

On a serious note, I don't think that would accomplish much. Even if we are to assume that we can clone Jesus, then how do we know that this Jesus is not merely someone with the genetic fingerprint of Jesus Christ, but is otherwise a completely separate person who probably has their own opinions?

He would look the same and have some of the same personality traits and mannerisms. It would be fascinating.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Heh.

He would look the same and have some of the same personality traits and mannerisms. It would be fascinating.

Yes, but assuming that epigenetics affects Jesus Christ, he'd probably not be exactly like Jesus Christ.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Geneviev wrote:He would look the same and have some of the same personality traits and mannerisms. It would be fascinating.

Yes, but assuming that epigenetics affects Jesus Christ, he'd probably not be exactly like Jesus Christ.

Not exactly, but extremely similar. It would be interesting.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Geneviev wrote:He would look the same and have some of the same personality traits and mannerisms. It would be fascinating.

Hence, Family Guy Jesus =/= Biblical Jesus.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Not exactly, but extremely similar. It would be interesting.

What if the cloned Jesus knew he had no real purpose and decided instead to be the Antichrist to see if he could beat his original self?

That goes against Antichrist prophecies, firstly, and secondly, if that were to happen, it would be even better.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:That goes against Antichrist prophecies, firstly, and secondly, if that were to happen, it would be even better.

It was just a theoretical, and just to see your perspective, why do you say it does? Will remain neutral on my stance, just curious your reasoning.
And secondly, fair, I guess in the end we could say we had

8)

THE CLONE WARS!

1 John 4:3 says "And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

Pretty much, there is not one Antichrist. Even if there were, it could not be a clone of Jesus because then it would be impossible to deny that Jesus lived on Earth.

Also, that was good. :clap:
Last edited by Geneviev on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:38 pm

I have imagined one day that there will be a cult that steals genetic material from the sites of great people of the world in an attempt to make them live again. As long as someone thought they were great, there would be an attempt to clone them from Napoleon to Vincent Van Gogh to Jesus to Princess Diana. We would have young people that were great from the past walking around all over the world and it would all most likely be illegal.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:1 John 4:3 says "And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

Pretty much, there is not one Antichrist. Even if there were, it could not be a clone of Jesus because then it would be impossible to deny that Jesus lived on Earth.

Also, that was good. :clap:

As a Christian obsessed with antichrist prophecies(But hating people jumping to conclusions about who is the antichrist), and just a christian, kinda ashamed I did not automatically remember those lines when talking about antichrist stuff, though I remembered them in general, if that makes sense...

That does make sense. But yes, Antichrist is good to know about. Especially as people are constantly claiming that pretty much every politician is Antichrist.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:40 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:I have imagined one day that there will be a cult that steals genetic material from the sites of great people of the world in an attempt to make them live again. As long as someone thought they were great, there would be an attempt to clone them from Napoleon to Vincent Van Gogh to Jesus to Princess Diana. We would have young people that were great from the past walking around all over the world and it would all most likely be illegal.

It would be interesting if only to explore the nature vs nurture debate.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:....
As a Christian obsessed with antichrist prophecies(But hating people jumping to conclusions about who is the antichrist), and just a christian, kinda ashamed I did not automatically remember those lines when talking about antichrist stuff, though I remembered them in general, if that makes sense...

That does make sense. But yes, Antichrist is good to know about. Especially as people are constantly claiming that pretty much every politician is Antichrist.

Only those they disagree with, those with whom they agree with are deemed to be Christ's second coming.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Geneviev wrote:That does make sense. But yes, Antichrist is good to know about. Especially as people are constantly claiming that pretty much every politician is Antichrist.

Only those they disagree with, those with whom they agree with are deemed to be Christ's second coming.

I believe I once saw a picture with Photoshopped Jesus (white, of course) guiding Donald Trump to the Oval Office. Quite peculiar.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Geneviev wrote:That does make sense. But yes, Antichrist is good to know about. Especially as people are constantly claiming that pretty much every politician is Antichrist.

Of course, of course. So President Trump, for instance, is simultaneously Christ and Antichrist.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Only those they disagree with, those with whom they agree with are deemed to be Christ's second coming.

I believe I once saw a picture with Photoshopped Jesus (white, of course) guiding Donald Trump to the Oval Office. Quite peculiar.

I believe that was just Jesus saying "yo dude, before you start doing stupid ****, remember I'm here."

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Of course, of course. So President Trump, for instance, is simultaneously Christ and Antichrist.

I mean...
Political beliefs aside, he kind of acts like a hardcore conservative american Crassus-Julius Caesar mix.
Which is apparently a antichrist model, looking at scripture.
So..it's not entirely baseless. But yeah, dumb to assume nonetheless.

Er, not really. The latter two are exponentially worse.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Of course, of course. So President Trump, for instance, is simultaneously Christ and Antichrist.

I mean...
Political beliefs aside, he kind of acts like a hardcore conservative american Crassus-Julius Caesar mix.

Donald Trump, as much as anyone disagrees with him, can not be the Antichrist because he says he is Christian (which does require acknowledging that Jesus was alive), and he is not a good liar. Additionally, there are supposed to be many Antichrists. (1 John 2:18)

Funny how I say I'm not Christian, and yet when I get the opportunity I will still jump into discussions about Christianity. Very funny indeed.
Last edited by Geneviev on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:I mean...

Donald Trump, as much as anyone disagrees with him, can not be the Antichrist because he says he is Christian (which does require acknowledging that Jesus was alive), and he is not a good liar. Additionally, there are supposed to be many Antichrists. (1 John 2:18)

Funny how I say I'm not Christian, and yet when I get the opportunity I will still jump into discussions about Christianity. Very funny indeed.

I thought you were Christian. Did you deconvert?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Donald Trump, as much as anyone disagrees with him, can not be the Antichrist because he says he is Christian (which does require acknowledging that Jesus was alive), and he is not a good liar. Additionally, there are supposed to be many Antichrists. (1 John 2:18)

He says he's Christian(Disregarding my beliefs or not if he's Christian, my theory is banking on something).
Speculation, but maybe he falsely acknowledges it(As in previous sentence, banking on him not being a true christian, to shake things up a bit in the discussion about people who pretend to believe)?
I doubt that the Bible would make it like that and do believe it's far more likely for him to publicly now acknowledge him, but, still possible, if implausible personally.

Yeah, I highly doubt he actually believes in Christianity ("Two Corinthians"? Seriously?). I'd peg him as an autotheist tbh.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Donald Trump, as much as anyone disagrees with him, can not be the Antichrist because he says he is Christian (which does require acknowledging that Jesus was alive), and he is not a good liar. Additionally, there are supposed to be many Antichrists. (1 John 2:18)

He says he's Christian(Disregarding my beliefs or not if he's Christian, my theory is banking on something).
Speculation, but maybe he falsely acknowledges it(As in previous sentence, banking on him not being a true christian, to shake things up a bit in the discussion about people who pretend to believe)?
I doubt that the Bible would make it like that and do believe it's far more likely for him to publicly now acknowledge him, but, still possible, if implausible personally.

However, that is not what the Antichrist is supposed to do. The Bible says the Antichrist will bring peace (Daniel 11:24) for a time and that he will deceive the world. Donald Trump is not deceiving the world and he is not bringing peace. Therefore, no matter what you believe, he is not the Antichrist and no other politician is.

Cekoviu wrote:

I thought you were Christian. Did you deconvert?

Yeah. Quite a few people on NSG seem annoyed by that fact already, too.
Last edited by Geneviev on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:However, that is not what the Antichrist is supposed to do. The Bible says the Antichrist will bring peace (Daniel 11:24) for a time and that he will deceive the world. Donald Trump is not deceiving the world and he is not bringing peace. Therefore, no matter what you believe, he is not the Antichrist and no other politician is.

There's 1 contender...
The guy who's my favorite modern politician, ironically:
Macron

I don't know about that. It's still calling someone Antichrist.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I thought you were Christian. Did you deconvert?

Yeah. Quite a few people on NSG seem annoyed by that fact already, too.

Annoyed from converting away from Christianity, you mean?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I don't know about that. It's still calling someone Antichrist.

He's a contender, not saying I actually believe he personally is.
If he was though, that'd be really awkward considering me really liking him.

I actually wonder what Jesus would have to say about conservatism if cloned...

Well... I have my theories on what Jesus would have to say. Not many positive things, I think.

Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:"He is back and he is cross", shame you should feel shame.

I should... but I don't. :P

Jelmatt wrote:We could turn the frickin' frog (Jesus) gay.

.... How has this thread gone this long without anyone pointing out with SCIENCE! we could make Raptor Jesus a thing? :lol2:

I think this is my favorite thread so far this NS Summer season. A nice blend of the goofy and ridiculous alongside a semi-serious discussion of the science and implications should such a thing actually be do-able.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General