NATION

PASSWORD

2018 FIFA World Cup Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

World Cup?

Great World Cup!
24
53%
Good World Cup!
11
24%
Meh
4
9%
Bad World Cup!
0
No votes
Awful World Cup!
6
13%
 
Total votes : 45

User avatar
Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11614
Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nazis in Space » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:35 am

Neu Leonstein wrote:2) Reus is also fit and didn't get horribly injured, so that's nice.

*looks hard in Reus' general direction*

*Reus falls over with a torn tendon*

Just give him time. Two weeks should be more than enough.
The Archregimancy wrote:And now for something a little light-hearted:

All the 2018 kits (home and away) ranked.

I rather like Uruguay's home kit; it's a timeless classic that they've been sensible enough not to muck around with much. And - slightly to my surprise given I'm a bit of a traditionalist - I rather like Croatia's away kit.

I really dislike that Nigerian home kit, though. And what were Belgium thinking with their home kit?

Hot damn, first they try a genocide, and now this?

Serbia away is cancer.

OTOH, I have no idea what the Telegraph thinks is wrong with Morocco's home kit. Other than making me think 'Hey, Portugal!'.

Simple is best.

Now, Spain away...

Spain away is very, ah... special.

Quite like Panama away, though.

Is Peru actually running around with a giant 'FORBIDDEN!' sign on their chests at home? Christ.

Argentina home has style, too.

And how anyone can like Germany's away shirt is beyond me.

So yeah.

Panama away wins that one by a landslide.

User avatar
Nettunia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 175
Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nettunia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 am

Go Ita..oh right.

Anyway, I think this might be the year Brasil makes a comeback. My wish though is for some "outsider" to win like Belgium or even better Croatia! Ideally the cup would go to Asia or Africa for a change, but I don't see any of those teams able to compete for the title yet.
Platonic Socialist Enlightenment

User avatar
Bombadil
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10474
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:51 am

Well.. if you're leaving someone of Leroy Sané's quality out the team then.. I guess you're not too worried about team depth.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

User avatar
Starblaydia
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4060
Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:55 am

Bombadil wrote:Well.. if you're leaving someone of Leroy Sané's quality out the team then.. I guess you're not too worried about team depth.

Shocked (ok, well, mildly confused) at that as he's been one of Citeh's best players this season.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30 & 63 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Six-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

AO4LIFE

User avatar
Aboim
Envoy
 
Posts: 251
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aboim » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:17 am

Nettunia wrote:Go Ita..oh right.

Anyway, I think this might be the year Brasil makes a comeback. My wish though is for some "outsider" to win like Belgium or even better Croatia! Ideally the cup would go to Asia or Africa for a change, but I don't see any of those teams able to compete for the title yet.


No Brussels. Also, Rakatic and Modric can broke defenses, Corluka and Kramaric can broke legs, but it’s only that. The “unfriendly game” of Croatia will go to work against Nigeria, however, not against Argentina or Iceland, which have better teams in my opinion.

User avatar
Nettunia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 175
Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nettunia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:55 am

I hope Argentina fails the failest of fails.
Platonic Socialist Enlightenment

User avatar
Aboim
Envoy
 
Posts: 251
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aboim » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 am

So will Argentina fail to fail and will win? Nothing new.

User avatar
Neu Leonstein
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5748
Founded: Oct 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Leonstein » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:18 am

Starblaydia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Well.. if you're leaving someone of Leroy Sané's quality out the team then.. I guess you're not too worried about team depth.

Shocked (ok, well, mildly confused) at that as he's been one of Citeh's best players this season.

Yeah, I'm surprised and I have a hard time seeing how that was a good decision. I don't think he was first team material yet, but the only way I can understand this is that he's trying to send him a message for 2020 onwards. He's still young, and I wonder whether there was some measure of arrogance or taking things for granted that rubbed Löw the wrong way. He doesn't like egos. If so, he might have wanted to make sure that Sané would become the sort of executor of the coach's strategy that Löw wants, rather than a primadonna. He did the same to Draxler back in the day.

In terms of the facts, I suppose Sané never played as well in the national team as he apparently has at City, and he's less versatile than some others. But normally I get the impression that Löw thinks very highly of Guardiola's judgement, so I'm very surprised. Would have thought a Joker role in tight spots would have been there for sure. The sort of thing that Schürrle was doing before.

Otherwise, I'm surprised that Trapp got the nod for No. 3 before Leno. Tah and Peterson not coming along was not that surprising.
Last edited by Neu Leonstein on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Every age and generation must be as free to act for itself in all cases as the age and generations which preceded it. The vanity and presumption of governing beyond the grave is the most ridiculous and insolent of all tyrannies. Man has no property in man; neither has any generation a property in the generations which are to follow.”
~ Thomas Paine

Link
Economic Left/Right: 2.25 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
Time zone: GMT+10 (Melbourne), working full time.

User avatar
Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11614
Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nazis in Space » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:13 pm

You can't have Leno and Ter Stegen in the same team and expect it to not experience a meltdown like France 2010.

As for Sané, his problem is that there is an utterly retarded amount of competition for his position.

This being said, I'd take him over Brandt, too.

Though this being said, as impressive as he was in the Premier League, his performances with the national team were... lacklustre.

It's not like Löw pulled this from nowhere. I disagree, but I get where Löw is coming from. And he's the guy with a world cup to his name.
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Bombadil
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10474
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Nettunia wrote:I hope Argentina fails the failest of fails.


An entirely unscientific view of neutrals but surprising how many people want Argentina to win and specifically because of Messi.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -countries
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

User avatar
Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11614
Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nazis in Space » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:30 am

Bombadil wrote:
Nettunia wrote:I hope Argentina fails the failest of fails.


An entirely unscientific view of neutrals but surprising how many people want Argentina to win and specifically because of Messi.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -countries

I got a chuckle out of Catalonia being listed.

El Salvador wrote:Who are you cheering against? Brazil. I wish I could forget the 2002 final (the first I saw). Although part of that bad impression vanished in 2014. I really enjoyed the 7-1. Miguel

Savage.

Estonia wrote:Who are you cheering for? Spain. I started supporting Spain after their fabulous failure to get out of the group stages in 1998. Also Raúl was like a demigod to me when I was a teenager. I always root for the little guy, so the fact Spain was the best country to win nothing added more reasons to support them. And, of course, this great era for the Spanish national team has been a joyous ride.

I... agree. Raul was so wonderful a player and person, I can even forgive him having played for Real.

Ireland wrote:Who are you cheering against? England. I think it’s legally required to root against England here and it can be quite fun. See: Iceland 2016. The sense of entitlement and delusion among English fans is quite profound, and the thought of how insufferable they and their media would be if they won is just too much to bear. Imagine Harry Kane getting a knighthood. Ugh. That said, seeing Big Sam’s reaction if Gareth Southgate brought home the World Cup would be amusing.

lul

I agree, too. /sp/ is already pretty cancerous these days. England winning would be a disaster.

Netherlands wrote:Who are you cheering against? Iceland. Fuck Iceland. Two years ago everybody was so in awe of their authenticity, their sportsmanship and all the people in the stands being family or whatever. “Look at that small country working so hard and really putting in a team effort.” Well, they have no talent, they’re overrated and annoying. Out with them.

Talk about being bitter. This being said, I actually agree.

New Zealand wrote:[...] There is also something charming about the haplessness of a team that has consistently fallen below the often misplaced expectations of their passionate, long-suffering fans across so many major tournaments that has me hoping that one day, England will finally win a major football tournament again.

This is adorable~

Northern Ireland wrote:Who are you cheering for? France, Germany, Belgium, Portugal, Iceland, Poland, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden and Morocco because I’ve enjoyed great holidays in these countries. Mainly Germany though, because they were robbed in 1966

Who are you cheering against? Have a guess. Mainly because of the hype and arrogance since 1966. Hugh

Ten bucks say this guy is catholic.

Also, The Guardian trolling right after. I laughed.

Norway wrote:Who are you cheering against? Sweden. I want them to fail. My attitude to other Nordic countries in sport is that I cheer for Iceland, Faroe Islands and Finland, I don’t care about Denmark, and I hope Sweden score 10 own goals. If Norway can’t make it, then I don’t want Sweden to enjoy it. The Schadenfreude of watching my Swedish friends get knocked out will be great.

SatW intensifies
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Aboim
Envoy
 
Posts: 251
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aboim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:57 am

Nazis in Space wrote:
El Salvador wrote:Who are you cheering against? Brazil. I wish I could forget the 2002 final (the first I saw). Although part of that bad impression vanished in 2014. I really enjoyed the 7-1. Miguel

Savage.


Image


India wrote:Belgium, because I’m really tired of rooting (rather naively) for England in every major tournament and then watching them limp out each time.


Ok, England must win the World Cup in Moscow. It's time again.

User avatar
Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11614
Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nazis in Space » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:31 am

Aboim wrote:Ok, England must win the World Cup in Moscow. It's time again.

Not gonna happen.

If they reach the final, classified chem weapons will spontaneously appear in the stadium, courtesy of Chechen Arab Ukrainian Martian a British false-flag operation, and the final will have to be called off.
Last edited by Nazis in Space on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23225
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:04 pm

I've been watching the BBC's (remarkably neutral) Christmas 1990 summary of that year's World Cup.

Leaving aside nostalgia for a time when Scotland could win World Cup matches and actually run Brazil close (while still contriving to lose to Costa Rica some 20 years before the Ticos were competitive)...

God, it was an awful World Cup.

There's some considerable nostalgia in England for the last tournament where they stood a genuine chance of doing well, but it was a dire competition, quite possibly the worst World Cup in living memory.

Argentina's tedious and cynical progression to a final it didn't deserve to reach meant that 1990 was the very last time I could bring myself to support Germany in a World Cup final. Only as the lesser of two evils, mind; but if - this being Italy - we're to use Dante as a model, West Germany were merely dallying in Limbo, while Argentina's frozen, twisted, and bitter bodies were deep in the Ninth Circle of Hell, forever clinging to the three-faced Lucifer's hairy shanks.

Brehme's 85th-minute penalty wasn't catharsis for most of us, mind; it merely put all of the neutrals out of their conflicted misery.
Last edited by The Archregimancy on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shamhnan Insir
Minister
 
Posts: 2342
Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shamhnan Insir » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:I've been watching the BBC's (remarkably neutral) Christmas 1990 summary of that year's World Cup.

Leaving aside nostalgia for a time when Scotland could win World Cup matches and actually run Brazil close (while still contriving to lose to Costa Rica some 20 years before the Ticos were competitive)...

God, it was an awful World Cup.

There's some considerable nostalgia in England for the last tournament where they stood a genuine chance of doing well, but it was a dire competition, quite possibly the worst World Cup in living memory.

Argentina's tedious and cynical progression to a final it didn't deserve to reach meant that 1990 was the very last time I could bring myself to support Germany in a World Cup final. Only as the lesser of two evils, mind; but if - this being Italy - we're to use Dante as a model, West Germany were merely dallying in Limbo, while Argentina's frozen, twisted, and bitter bodies were deep in the Ninth Circle of Hell, forever clinging to the three-faced Lucifer's hairy shanks.

Brehme's 85th-minute penalty wasn't catharsis, though; it merely put all of the neutrals out of their conflicted misery.

That's why I'm contented that while pish at football (and rightly so, the league structure is shite!) we're pretty good at rugby. The U21s have been doing very well lately.
Call me Sham

-"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose." Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of humanity.
Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:Shamhnan Insir started this wonderful tranquility, ALL PRAISE THE SHEPHERD KING

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32569
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:18 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:I've been watching the BBC's (remarkably neutral) Christmas 1990 summary of that year's World Cup.

Leaving aside nostalgia for a time when Scotland could win World Cup matches and actually run Brazil close (while still contriving to lose to Costa Rica some 20 years before the Ticos were competitive)...

God, it was an awful World Cup.

There's some considerable nostalgia in England for the last tournament where they stood a genuine chance of doing well, but it was a dire competition, quite possibly the worst World Cup in living memory.

Argentina's tedious and cynical progression to a final it didn't deserve to reach meant that 1990 was the very last time I could bring myself to support Germany in a World Cup final. Only as the lesser of two evils, mind; but if - this being Italy - we're to use Dante as a model, West Germany were merely dallying in Limbo, while Argentina's frozen, twisted, and bitter bodies were deep in the Ninth Circle of Hell, forever clinging to the three-faced Lucifer's hairy shanks.

Brehme's 85th-minute penalty wasn't catharsis, though; it merely put all of the neutrals out of their conflicted misery.


I loved World Cup 90. Dad had splashed out and bought a brand new 28 inch tv to watch it on. Not rented from Rumbelows or anything, it was ours. It even had a remote control. And I was allowed to stay up to watch some of the evening games, including all the way to the end of the England - West Germany semi-final.

I was 6 and I was watching England play football on the telly in the World Cup semi-final with my dad. It was perfect.

User avatar
Neu Leonstein
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5748
Founded: Oct 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Neu Leonstein » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:31 pm

This might be interesting for some - US Soccer officials and players playing politics by talking to a reporter to produce "The Inside Story of how the US missed the World Cup": https://www.theringer.com/2018/6/5/1742 ... ruce-arena
“Every age and generation must be as free to act for itself in all cases as the age and generations which preceded it. The vanity and presumption of governing beyond the grave is the most ridiculous and insolent of all tyrannies. Man has no property in man; neither has any generation a property in the generations which are to follow.”
~ Thomas Paine

Link
Economic Left/Right: 2.25 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
Time zone: GMT+10 (Melbourne), working full time.

User avatar
Riemstagrad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 799
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Riemstagrad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:31 pm

I don't think Germany will win again this edition.
Argentina has decent players and Messi, but they are not winning either.
I have no idea what Brazil is worth, but Brazil aims always at the top spot.
Maybe Spain? After they finally won their first big tournament and dominated the next decade, Spain plays the same role as Germany, Brazil and Italy. Always a possible winner.
France looks very strong. They might be the number one candidates for me.
Belgium, while i really hope that Belgium finally brings that cup to the low countries (yes, for you, Blaat!), we haven't seen a Belgian team strong enough yet. The talents are there and it will be Belgiums last chance to do something big with the golden generation.. It's now or never.


Anyway, may this World Cup become as good as the previous edition!

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 53531
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Riemstagrad wrote:I don't think Germany will win again this edition.
Argentina has decent players and Messi, but they are not winning either.
I have no idea what Brazil is worth, but Brazil aims always at the top spot.
Maybe Spain? After they finally won their first big tournament and dominated the next decade, Spain plays the same role as Germany, Brazil and Italy. Always a possible winner.
France looks very strong. They might be the number one candidates for me.
Belgium, while i really hope that Belgium finally brings that cup to the low countries (yes, for you, Blaat!), we haven't seen a Belgian team strong enough yet. The talents are there and it will be Belgiums last chance to do something big with the golden generation.. It's now or never.


Anyway, may this World Cup become as good as the previous edition!


Sorry Riemst, I do not want Belgium to win the cup.
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32569
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:38 pm

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Riemstagrad wrote:I don't think Germany will win again this edition.
Argentina has decent players and Messi, but they are not winning either.
I have no idea what Brazil is worth, but Brazil aims always at the top spot.
Maybe Spain? After they finally won their first big tournament and dominated the next decade, Spain plays the same role as Germany, Brazil and Italy. Always a possible winner.
France looks very strong. They might be the number one candidates for me.
Belgium, while i really hope that Belgium finally brings that cup to the low countries (yes, for you, Blaat!), we haven't seen a Belgian team strong enough yet. The talents are there and it will be Belgiums last chance to do something big with the golden generation.. It's now or never.


Anyway, may this World Cup become as good as the previous edition!


Sorry Riemst, I do not want Belgium to win the cup.


You should watch the video Arch linked if you get a chance. It has some good footage of Holland back when they could qualify for major tournaments...

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23225
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:I loved World Cup 90. Dad had splashed out and bought a brand new 28 inch tv to watch it on. Not rented from Rumbelows or anything, it was ours. It even had a remote control. And I was allowed to stay up to watch some of the evening games, including all the way to the end of the England - West Germany semi-final.

I was 6 and I was watching England play football on the telly in the World Cup semi-final with my dad. It was perfect.


For not entirely dissimilar reasons, I remember the 1978 World Cup fondly; though forgive me if I suggest that the first tournament I remember in any detail (I was 9) had a rather better final than the 1990 tournament.

I've managed to arrange to fly to the country my parents live in on business for a few days this summer; so just short of 50 I'll be watching up to four World Cup matches with my father. I value the opportunities more knowing that, as World Cups advance, this time might be the last time.

And that's about as maudlin and sentimental as I think I'll allow myself to get.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 96458
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:05 pm

To you and fart, those are sweet stories. I remember the 69 mets the same way, watching with dad. It was a bonding moment.

Enjoy your footie, I have no dog in this race, but will watch a couple of the matches.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 53531
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:07 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:I loved World Cup 90. Dad had splashed out and bought a brand new 28 inch tv to watch it on. Not rented from Rumbelows or anything, it was ours. It even had a remote control. And I was allowed to stay up to watch some of the evening games, including all the way to the end of the England - West Germany semi-final.

I was 6 and I was watching England play football on the telly in the World Cup semi-final with my dad. It was perfect.


For not entirely dissimilar reasons, I remember the 1978 World Cup fondly; though forgive me if I suggest that the first tournament I remember in any detail (I was 9) had a rather better final than the 1990 tournament.

I've managed to arrange to fly to the country my parents live in on business for a few days this summer; so just short of 50 I'll be watching up to four World Cup matches with my father. I value the opportunities more knowing that, as World Cups advance, this time might be the last time.

And that's about as maudlin and sentimental as I think I'll allow myself to get.


So sentimental, very unbritish :hug:
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Proud adopter of a lamb called violet: http://imgur.com/a/pxnSf
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Kohr
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1658
Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Go Iceland.

Anyone have any guesses on which lesser-known team will have a deep tournament run?
For the NFL Thread.
This signature is avant-garde.

User avatar
Cryptomypt
Attaché
 
Posts: 79
Founded: May 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cryptomypt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Kohr wrote:Go Iceland.

Anyone have any guesses on which lesser-known team will have a deep tournament run?


Senegal. They are coming prepared, at least on paper. They didn't bring a single domestic player, most of the roster are European top division players. They sucked were underwhelming at AFCON but it'll be interesting to see if they can beat Poland and Japan to second place, which, just by comparing squads looks like a real possibility.
Last edited by Cryptomypt on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
views:
PRO: multiculturalism, diversity, LGBT rights, pragmatism, internationalism, freedom of speech, environmentalism, death penalty, spirituality, satanism, religious liberty
ANTI: fascism, marxism/communism, anarchism, extremism, bigotry, racism + supremacy, guns, democratic party, republican party, progressivism, autocracy, atheism, organized religion, drugs, palestine, israel, nationalism, abortion

about me:
a wilting flower. new jersey. african/european. somewhat literate in twi.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Berliningrad, Cerinda, Conservative New America, Czechostan, Dooom35796821595, Dresderstan, Eitoan, Fampatra, Gravlen, Hanafuridake, Ifreann, Inyourfaceistan, Kowani, Loben The 2nd, Neko-koku, Ngelmish, Ostroeuropa, Purgatio, Saiwania, Southern Avarsarstan, Takso, Tarsonis, The Greater Ohio Valley, Upper Secundus, Vassenor, Vultyak, Washington Resistance Army

Advertisement

Remove ads