NATION

PASSWORD

All men are created equal

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Based Groyper wrote:
The NSG philosopher resorting to screaming that his opponants are racists? :roll:

As if philosophers have never 1) insulted their opponents or 2) called them racists.

Do you even Nietzsche?
Power, power, the law of the land
Those living for death
Will die by their own hand

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Based Groyper wrote:
36 Camera Perspective wrote:
First things first. We're talking about your malformed question right now.

No we're not, we're talking about why we ought to treat people as equals.

Yes, but to do that, we must first talk about your inability to understand what that even means.
Those living for death

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Based Groyper wrote:
The NSG philosopher resorting to screaming that his opponants are racists? :roll:

As if philosophers have never 1) insulted their opponents or 2) called them racists.

Do you even Nietzsche?

I have read all of Nietzsche's works and translated one of them into English.
"Please do not insult the Joker and the memory of Heath Ledger with your nflated sense of self."
-Gauthier

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Based Groyper wrote:
No we're not, we're talking about why we ought to treat people as equals.

Yes, but to do that, we must first talk about your inability to understand what that even means.

No, you are confused. Please stop backtracking. I want to hear why we need to treat people who are not equals as equals. If insulting me is vital to your argument, include it in your post explaining this. Whatever arguments I have made have been made to get you to this point.
"Please do not insult the Joker and the memory of Heath Ledger with your nflated sense of self."
-Gauthier

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Wed May 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Based Groyper wrote:
Kubra wrote: "that kind of stuff"? You mean "lifting"? You're not into cultivating physical strength?
I earlier said "indeed so", in agreement with your statement that inequality merits unequal treatment. How then ought I treat you?

You should treat me with the perennial respect offered by burly types to aesthetes and aristocrats of the soul.
so like a sort of insect?
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Based Groyper wrote:

Do you even Nietzsche?

Where was it published?
Those living for death

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Based Groyper wrote:

Where was it published?

In London.
-Gauthier

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Based Groyper wrote:I want to hear why we need to treat people who are not equals as equals.

I just explained that nobody is asking you to do this, at least not in the sense you think they are.

READ-ING COM-PRE-HEN-SION
Those living for death

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Based Groyper wrote:
Where was it published?

In London.

GPS coordinates, please.
Those living for death

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Based Groyper wrote:I want to hear why we need to treat people who are not equals as equals.

I just explained that nobody is asking you to do this, at least not in the sense you think they are.

Shouting angrily at the Based Groyper isn't going to get you anywhere

We're not asking you to pretend that people have equal talents or abilities when they really don't. We're asking you to extend equal moral consideration to everybody regardless of their talents.

Why should I do this? I am desperate to hear your argument.
-Gauthier

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Based Groyper wrote:

We're not asking you to pretend that people have equal talents or abilities when they really don't. We're asking you to extend equal moral consideration to everybody regardless of their talents.

Because, otherwise, Isaac Newton would be the fucking god-emperor of humanity simply because of his superior talent in mathematics, or Michael Jordan would be emperor for life simply because he plays basketball well. Or, otherwise, we would treat children like shit because they haven't fully cultivated their abilities, or the disabled like shit because they can't do what average people can do.
Those living for death

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Again, saying that we should treat everybody equally isn't saying that we should pretend everybody is a fucking calculus genius. It's saying that the kids at Sandy Hook weren't worth any less than Isaac Newton just because they weren't as good at math.
Those living for death

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Wed May 23, 2018 2:59 pm

In any case, if we're talking Nietzsche, it is typical of slave morality to substitute the values of its master for its own, to negate what makes the masters morality the masters in the first place.
As a blonde beast of passion, it would be beyond me to give respect to "aesthete's". The strong take what they can, and the weak suffer what they must.
Last edited by Kubra on Wed May 23, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Based Groyper wrote:

Nothing is going to get me anywhere with a stubborn, racist frog, so I'll choose whatever volume I'd like, thanks.
Last edited by 36 Camera Perspective on Wed May 23, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those living for death

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Based Groyper wrote:

Because, otherwise, Isaac Newton would be the fucking god-emperor of humanity simply because of his superior talent in mathematics

there is nothing wrong with this.

or Michael Jordan would be emperor for life simply because he plays basketball well

Basketball players are not outstandingly intelligent people.

Or, otherwise, we would treat children like shit because they haven't fully cultivated their abilities

We already treat children as unequals because they have not fully cultivated their abilities. Not 'like shit', because they still have potential. But I don't really see how this is meant to be an epic btfo. Children are dumb and thus dont get to do things like vote or demand people give them money.

or the disabled like shit because they can't do what average people can do.

This is a circular argument. "We must treat people as equals or otherwise we won't treat people as equals!!!"
-Gauthier

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Kubra wrote:In any case, if we're talking Nietzsche, it is typical of slave morality to substitute the values of its master for its own, to negate what makes the masters morality the masters in the first place.
As a blonde beast of passion, it would be beyond me to give respect to "aesthete's". The strong take what they can, and the weak suffer what they must.

You're joking, but Nietzsche didn't really prefer either morality. Nietzsche wanted you to create your own morality as a type of self-overcoming. He also called for a certain type of respect to people who are weaker than you. This is the kind of Proto-Nazi reading of Nietzsche that ruined his reputation for so many decades early on.
Last edited by 36 Camera Perspective on Wed May 23, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those living for death

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Based Groyper wrote:
Because, otherwise, Isaac Newton would be the fucking god-emperor of humanity simply because of his superior talent in mathematics

or Michael Jordan would be emperor for life simply because he plays basketball well

Or, otherwise, we would treat children like shit because they haven't fully cultivated their abilities

We already treat children as unequals because they have not fully cultivated their abilities. Not 'like shit', because they still have potential. But I don't really see how this is meant to be an epic btfo. Children are dumb and thus dont get to do things like vote or demand people give them money.

This is a circular argument. "We must treat people as equals or otherwise we won't treat people as equals!!!"

No, it's a reductio ad absurdum. Learn it.
Those living for death

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Kubra wrote:In any case, if we're talking Nietzsche, it is typical of slave morality to substitute the values of its master for its own, to negate what makes the masters morality the masters in the first place.

The Übermensch combines master and slave morality, the autistic Zarathustras are above the blonde beasts in N's hierarchy. Sorry.
Last edited by Based Groyper on Wed May 23, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Gauthier

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Based Groyper wrote:

No, it's a reductio ad absurdum. Learn it.

To treat certain notions as inherently absurd without argument is pretty provincial tbh.
-Gauthier

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Wed May 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Based Groyper wrote:

The Übermensch combines master and slave morality, the autistic Zarathustra's are above the blonde beasts in N's hierarchy. Sorry.
Then why is Napoleon to Nietzsche both ubermensch and untermensch, instead of simply ubermensch?
Comrade J. Posadas

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Person A: The law of non-contradiction must be true, otherwise, something could be true and false at the same time, but that is absurd.
Racist frog: Ha! So what you're really saying is, the law of non-contradiction has to be true, otherwise the law of non-contradiction isn't true? What a circular argument!
Last edited by 36 Camera Perspective on Wed May 23, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those living for death

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 3:05 pm

36 Camera Perspective wrote:Person A: The law of non-contradiction must be true, otherwise, something could be true and false at the same time, but that is absurd.
Racist frog: Ha! So what you're really saying is, the law of non-contradiction has to be true, otherwise the law of non-contradiction isn't true? What a circular argument!

Your real-time breakdown into strawmen and screaming about Nazi frogs is pretty entertaining.
-Gauthier

Sinistre Villeins
Lobbyist

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinistre Villeins » Wed May 23, 2018 3:06 pm

Based Groyper wrote:
Kubra wrote: "that kind of stuff"? You mean "lifting"? You're not into cultivating physical strength?
I earlier said "indeed so", in agreement with your statement that inequality merits unequal treatment. How then ought I treat you?

You should treat me with the perennial respect offered by burly types to aesthetes and aristocrats of the soul.

One cannot declare himself an "aristocrat of the soul" who "deserves perennial respect"; that is pretention and hubris. In the ancient religion of Northern Europe, boasting was honorable insofar as one lives up to the boast. I think an "aesthete and aristocrat of the soul", at the bare minimum, would be able to select or create an original, beautiful and witty nation name, flag, and overall aesthetic, rather than being reliant on stale 4chan memes used without alteration or individual expression.

btw, there is nothing #based about white supremacist ideology. Go listen to the wise and loving words of the Based God, and cleanse your soul of some of that ressentiment and hate.
Last edited by Sinistre Villeins on Wed May 23, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The club is all their law, stand up now!

Hi, I'm Jackie [he/they]. I'm an anarcho-communist Heathen and an autistic self-advocate. (fka Meryuma, add approx. 5 zillion posts : -J)

Based Groyper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Based Groyper » Wed May 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Kubra wrote:
Based Groyper wrote:
The Übermensch combines master and slave morality, the autistic Zarathustra's are above the blonde beasts in N's hierarchy. Sorry.
Then why is Napoleon to Nietzsche both ubermensch and untermensch, instead of simply ubermensch?

Because Napoleon wasn't the autistic Zarathustra.
-Gauthier

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed May 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Based Groyper wrote:To treat certain notions as inherently absurd without argument is pretty provincial tbh.

A world where the Sandy Hook kids don't matter, but Michael Jordon is the king of humanity, is an absurd world.
Those living for death

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General