NATION

PASSWORD

The all-purpose NBA thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Wed May 30, 2018 10:35 pm

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 pm

Bendicion wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoHVpKPCfoY

God I hate Lebron...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Thu May 31, 2018 4:07 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Bendicion wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoHVpKPCfoY

God I hate Lebron...

:P

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 31, 2018 8:43 pm

Typical Cavs. Lose a game and throw little hissy fits when they do.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 31, 2018 8:48 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Typical Cavs. Lose a game and throw little hissy fits when they do.

When you lose a game because of a fucking free throw though.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Starkiller101
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkiller101 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:48 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Typical Cavs. Lose a game and throw little hissy fits when they do.
Jr Smith lost that game for them. When the warriors blew a lead in 2016 they added one of the best NBA players so they wouldn't lose to 32-33 year old man. Stop hating, the Cavs should have won this.
Roll tide. Your local ''Floridman'' who should have left long ago xD

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Thu May 31, 2018 8:55 pm

Starkiller101 wrote:
Jr Smith lost that game for them. When the warriors blew a lead in 2016 they added one of the best NBA players so they wouldn't lose to 32-33 year old man. Stop hating, the Cavs should have won this.

Replays show JR Smith thought the Cavs were ahead at the end of the regulation. That’s why he didn’t shoot. That could go down in history. Will go down in history.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu May 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Starkiller101 wrote:Jr Smith lost that game for them. When the warriors blew a lead in 2016 they added one of the best NBA players so they wouldn't lose to 32-33 year old man. Stop hating, the Cavs should have won this.

Replays show JR Smith thought the Cavs were ahead at the end of the regulation. That’s why he didn’t shoot. That could go down in history. Will go down in history.

Even if you think you're ahead, when you've got 4 fucking seconds to go, you shoot. Then you get more ahead, and they have to try a 3-pointer in 4 seconds. Good look against one of the better teams with that job.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Starkiller101
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkiller101 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Starkiller101 wrote:Jr Smith lost that game for them. When the warriors blew a lead in 2016 they added one of the best NBA players so they wouldn't lose to 32-33 year old man. Stop hating, the Cavs should have won this.

That's why I pay attention to the score; even when i play pickup basketball. :P. Hopefully, the cavs win game two just so I can see the warriors fans and players reactions.
Roll tide. Your local ''Floridman'' who should have left long ago xD

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Thu May 31, 2018 9:23 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Even if you think you're ahead, when you've got 4 fucking seconds to go, you shoot. Then you get more ahead, and they have to try a 3-pointer in 4 seconds. Good look against one of the better teams with that job.

Yeah, well.. the guy's an idiot.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Time outs.. what's the rationale behind them.. they seem to be strategically used to upset the rhythm of an opposing team.

十年

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 pm

GS up 2-0. Yay I guess.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:22 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:GS up 2-0. Yay I guess.

I literally didn't know what it felt like to be this indifferent about a sports event. I always find a way to choose a team, but not this time. I can't cheer for LeBron, but I sure as heck can't root for Kevin Durant. Dang it feels weird not to be cheering for someone. I just can't even pretend I care.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:23 pm

I refuse to cheer for Lebron and I'm never forgiving GS for that 3-0 finals chokejob.

This is a bad finals.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:36 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I literally didn't know what it felt like to be this indifferent about a sports event. I always find a way to choose a team, but not this time. I can't cheer for LeBron, but I sure as heck can't root for Kevin Durant. Dang it feels weird not to be cheering for someone. I just can't even pretend I care.

I refuse to cheer for Lebron and I'm never forgiving GS for that 3-0 finals chokejob.

This is a bad finals.

It might be slightly amusing if GS were to repeat that little party trick.

"Watch closely as we allow this commanding series lead to-"
*waves hands around wildly*
"-disappear."
*shows empty hands to the crowd*
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:05 pm

...Remember how I said I'd never forgive GS for the choke? Yeah, they're now a game from sweeping King Bitch. I will forgive them all day if that send his punk ass packing like that.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:51 pm

To save time, next match just give GSW 95 points and Cavs 90 points and 3 minutes to play and we can all go about our business with basically the same result.

十年

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:30 pm

My four favorite words: Lebron James gets swept. See you on whatever team you run crying to next, bitch boy.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:14 am

I wonder if this sweep has any real bearing on the LeBron is/isn't better than Michael Jordan debate. I've always fallen on the side of Jordan being the better player, and personally, I think this supports that argument, though probably not as strongly as I would like to believe.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:48 am

Idzequitch wrote:I wonder if this sweep has any real bearing on the LeBron is/isn't better than Michael Jordan debate. I've always fallen on the side of Jordan being the better player, and personally, I think this supports that argument, though probably not as strongly as I would like to believe.

It sort of supports your stance, but statistically this Cavaliers team is one of the worst teams to ever make it to the Finals. So while Lebron’s track record looks worse because he got swept, he did carry an awful team to the Finals where he put up phenomenal numbers. How this year factors into the Jordan v. Lebron debate depends on which side of the coin you look at.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:00 pm

I love how this "Significant hand injury" angle suddenly popped up after he lost. Almost like his punk-ass was saving it as an excuse...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:I love how this "Significant hand injury" angle suddenly popped up after he lost. Almost like his punk-ass was saving it as an excuse...

Maybe no one will want to sign an injured player.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I wonder if this sweep has any real bearing on the LeBron is/isn't better than Michael Jordan debate. I've always fallen on the side of Jordan being the better player, and personally, I think this supports that argument, though probably not as strongly as I would like to believe.

It sort of supports your stance, but statistically this Cavaliers team is one of the worst teams to ever make it to the Finals. So while Lebron’s track record looks worse because he got swept, he did carry an awful team to the Finals where he put up phenomenal numbers. How this year factors into the Jordan v. Lebron debate depends on which side of the coin you look at.

I feel like this year helps The King, more than anything...

Think about it like this. LeBron did lose another Finals- but he's now been to nine, and Jordan's been to six. Jordan's finals teams were pretty much all better than LeBron's finals teams(especially this year), and while they were largely equivalent, Jordan never had to play against a team with four top-10 players(all future Hall of Famers) in the finals, which included both the 2nd and 3rd best player in the league, and certainly not with a squad as bad as Cleveland's.

What's messed up, is that going to 3-6 in the Finals will hurt his legacy, but him losing to the Celts would've hurt less (would've looked bad now, but ultimately, nobody remembers when you lose in the conference finals- I've never once heard anyone bring up Jordan losing to the Magic in 1995 when talking about his legacy, for example).

Anyways, I'm glad I found this thread- even if it's kind of a grave dig, I love the league. #DetroitBasketball
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Banija wrote: #DetroitBasketball

A Pistons fan. Don't see many of those these days. You guys just got Casey, right? Think he's gonna focus them around Griffin?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Leonard wants out.

Good. Good riddance and enjoy rotting with the mediocre Lakers.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General