NATION

PASSWORD

The all-purpose NBA thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:36 pm

Moscareinas wrote:so i thought i'd share some nba-related news:

so apparently doris burke tested positive for covid 19

and so was *cough* jim *cough* dolan *cough cough*

one bad news and one
uh
uhm
mmmmmmmmmm

I know it's fun to rip on Dolan. But it's not cool making fun of him for having carona.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Moscareinas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moscareinas » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:51 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

and so was *cough* jim *cough* dolan *cough cough*

one bad news and one
uh
uhm
mmmmmmmmmm

I know it's fun to rip on Dolan. But it's not cool making fun of him for having carona.

i know, i just

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Moscareinas is an unexpectedly prosperous democratic republic whose territories include 54% of the western Indian Ocean, the IRL BIOT, Comoros, Mayotte, the Seychelles, Mauritius, and Reunion. Not included: Madagascar.

Moscans are torn about Madagascar.

(Yes, I'm Dahon. Please.)

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:44 am

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:35 pm

Today I discovered Tim Duncan is an SCP.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Moscareinas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moscareinas » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:02 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Today I discovered Tim Duncan is an SCP.

ah, yes, the scallops, crab, and piña colada guys

i really should finish reading through all of series i, i'm only up to 848
Moscareinas is an unexpectedly prosperous democratic republic whose territories include 54% of the western Indian Ocean, the IRL BIOT, Comoros, Mayotte, the Seychelles, Mauritius, and Reunion. Not included: Madagascar.

Moscans are torn about Madagascar.

(Yes, I'm Dahon. Please.)

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri May 15, 2020 9:47 am

We need to get some activity back in here. The NFL thread is active so lets get the basketball thread active again.

I think I finally made my conclusive top 5 centers of all time list. I feel as satisfied as I could possibly be on the matter but that means I'm still very conflicted about who gets the #5 spot.

#1 and the Greatest Player In NBA History: Wilt Chamberlain
#2 and the best modern Center: Hakeem Olajuwon
#3 and the best middle period Center: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
#4 and the most underrated Center of all time: Moses Malone
#5 and I don't have a good title: Shaquille O'Neal
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon May 18, 2020 6:40 am

lulz @ "The Last Dance".

"I remember him walking off the court and he's like, 'Don't ever trash talk to Black Jesus'. I never called him Micheal Jordan after that"
~ Reggie Miller
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon May 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:lulz @ "The Last Dance".

"I remember him walking off the court and he's like, 'Don't ever trash talk to Black Jesus'. I never called him Micheal Jordan after that"
~ Reggie Miller

Jordan's cult of personality makes me roll my eyes.
Anarchist

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Fri May 22, 2020 5:04 pm

People, I share one potentially fatal news and one heartbreaking one. In order:

1) Patrick Ewing has tested positive for this virus, and is urging everyone to take this shit seriously and to stay safe.

2) Jerry Sloan is no longer with us.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri May 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:lulz @ "The Last Dance".

~ Reggie Miller

Jordan's cult of personality makes me roll my eyes.

I haven't even watched the documentary, but just every story I'm hearing that's coming out of this thing lowers my opinion of Michael Jordan as a person.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat May 23, 2020 4:30 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Jordan's cult of personality makes me roll my eyes.

I haven't even watched the documentary, but just every story I'm hearing that's coming out of this thing lowers my opinion of Michael Jordan as a person.

This is why I'm a LeBron fan. Even though he's punchable at times he's still leagues better than the Kanye West (ego and cult) of Basketball.
Anarchist

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 23, 2020 4:44 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I haven't even watched the documentary, but just every story I'm hearing that's coming out of this thing lowers my opinion of Michael Jordan as a person.

This is why I'm a LeBron fan. Even though he's punchable at times he's still leagues better than the Kanye West (ego and cult) of Basketball.

Oh, please. Lebron is a complete bitch boy. Second he doesn't win a ring, he packs up and runs to another team. Guy has zero loyalty. Say what you will about Jordan, at least he only left Chicago when he was past his prime and not cause they didn't win every year.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat May 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:This is why I'm a LeBron fan. Even though he's punchable at times he's still leagues better than the Kanye West (ego and cult) of Basketball.

Oh, please. Lebron is a complete bitch boy. Second he doesn't win a ring, he packs up and runs to another team. Guy has zero loyalty. Say what you will about Jordan, at least he only left Chicago when he was past his prime and not cause they didn't win every year.

He left at the end because the GM said that they were not going to re-hire Phil Jackson. Jordan said the only way that he would stay in Chicago is for Phil. The GM at the time was a complete douchebag and the team could have had at least another one or two Championships at the end of the 90s if it wasn't for him.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat May 23, 2020 2:56 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:This is why I'm a LeBron fan. Even though he's punchable at times he's still leagues better than the Kanye West (ego and cult) of Basketball.

1994 and 1999 would like a word with you.
Lebron showed more loyalty by staying with the Cavs during the 2000s and the superteam warriors era than you think. Cleveland's front office showed no respect for LeBron and failed him time and time again.
But arguing with you is like arguing with an NBA analyst, you're completely wrong but you'll never admit it
Anarchist

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:1994 and 1999 would like a word with you.
Lebron showed more loyalty by staying with the Cavs during the 2000s and the superteam warriors era than you think. Cleveland's front office showed no respect for LeBron and failed him time and time again.
But arguing with you is like arguing with an NBA analyst, you're completely wrong but you'll never admit it

Oh yeah, real loyal how he turned leaving into this giant spectacle of attention. Then when he comes back for a gimme ring, he acts like he was loyal to them the whole time before taking off again. He's a disingenuous douche. Manu and Tim Duncan didn't ditch San Antonio when they didn't win every year, did they? Harden still has yet to leave Houston. Curry hasn't ditched Golden State even though the team is falling apart. There's something to be said for big star loyalty, and his punk ass has none of it.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat May 23, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat May 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Oh yeah, real loyal how he turned leaving into this giant spectacle of attention. Then when he comes back for a gimme ring, he acts like he was loyal to them the whole time before taking off again. He's a disingenuous douche. Manu and Tim Duncan didn't ditch San Antonio when they didn't win every year, did they? Harden still has yet to leave Houston. Curry hasn't ditched Golden State even though the team is falling apart. There's something to be said for big star loyalty, and his punk ass has none of it.

Oh please, you're a spurs fan so don't give me that shit. All of those teams including Houston are actually well run with management that cares about winning and keeping their stars. Cleveland did no such thing.
You should try making an actual argument instead of ranting. It really helps.
Anarchist

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 24, 2020 1:58 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Oh please, you're a spurs fan so don't give me that shit. All of those teams including Houston are actually well run with management that cares about winning and keeping their stars. Cleveland did no such thing.
You should try making an actual argument instead of ranting. It really helps.

Yeah, it's all the management. Lebron and his ever retreating hairline were clearly forced to go to LA, and not cause he just wants to be closer to Hollywood. No, nothing of the sort...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun May 24, 2020 2:06 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Idk about the others, but Houston actually have very good management. The problem is that they don't have any tall players, which is a weird thing the coach has decided on.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

New
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New » Thu May 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, please. Lebron is a complete bitch boy. Second he doesn't win a ring, he packs up and runs to another team. Guy has zero loyalty. Say what you will about Jordan, at least he only left Chicago when he was past his prime and not cause they didn't win every year.

You need to whatch some basketball you pepe rider lebron took the cavs to the finals his 3rd year with the best person on their team being zydrunas ilgauskas 1v1 and team player lebron is a better all around player more clutch better shooter better defender better finisher just better all around and if you call that ring running how about the 2cd coming to clevaland talk about zero layalty have you ever watched the last dance he didnt like jerry krause so much he went to go play another sport not just another team ANOTHER SPORT SO WATCH SOME ACTUAL BASKET BALL AND STOP RANTING ABOUT WHAT YOUVE SEEN BY ANLY WATHING HIGHLIGHTS

New
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New » Thu May 28, 2020 9:32 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, please. Lebron is a complete bitch boy. Second he doesn't win a ring, he packs up and runs to another team. Guy has zero loyalty. Say what you will about Jordan, at least he only left Chicago when he was past his prime and not cause they didn't win every year.

He left at the end because the GM said that they were not going to re-hire Phil Jackson. Jordan said the only way that he would stay in Chicago is for Phil. The GM at the time was a complete douchebag and the team could have had at least another one or two Championships at the end of the 90s if it wasn't for him.

CAN I GET AN AMEN

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 29, 2020 12:04 am

New wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:

You need to whatch some basketball you pepe rider lebron took the cavs to the finals his 3rd year with the best person on their team being zydrunas ilgauskas 1v1 and team player lebron is a better all around player more clutch better shooter better defender better finisher just better all around and if you call that ring running how about the 2cd coming to clevaland talk about zero layalty have you ever watched the last dance he didnt like jerry krause so much he went to go play another sport not just another team ANOTHER SPORT SO WATCH SOME ACTUAL BASKET BALL AND STOP RANTING ABOUT WHAT YOUVE SEEN BY ANLY WATHING HIGHLIGHTS

There's this new concept called punctuation.

Maybe give it a try...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri May 29, 2020 1:06 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
New wrote:

There's this new concept called punctuation.

Maybe give it a try...

Imagine losing an argument so bad that you complain about the lack of punctuation like this is a formal paper.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Fri May 29, 2020 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 29, 2020 1:16 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:There's this new concept called punctuation.

Maybe give it a try...

Imagine losing an argument so bad that you complain about the lack of punctuation like this is a formal paper.

Imagine being such a LeBron apologist that you're defending that rambling wall of misspelled lunacy up there...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri May 29, 2020 3:45 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Imagine losing an argument so bad that you complain about the lack of punctuation like this is a formal paper.

Imagine being such a LeBron apologist that you're defending that rambling wall of misspelled lunacy up there...
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 29, 2020 6:40 pm

Being that we're still without basketball and it was on game pass, I've been playing a lot of 2K20. Lot harder to be my favorite build (Big, rim defending/rim driving guy) in this than it was in 2K18.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri May 29, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General