NATION

PASSWORD

The Islamic Discussion Thread ٤: It's Always Sunni In Arabia

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What denomination of Islam are you part of?

Sunni Islam
30%
Sunni Islam (Salafism)
4%
Shia Islam
7%
Quranist
2%
Ahmadiyya
1%
Zaydi
2%
Ibadist
1%
Sufism
6%
I do not ascribe to any sect, just call me a Muslim
17%
Other
30%

Total votes : 399

Kramanica
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:25 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Kramanica wrote:Like you?

No, I don't bomb stuff and advocate death. I'm not ISIS-level Islamist.

You don't need to be ISIS-level to be an extremist.

You literally want to create a theocracy and implement nation-wide Sharia. By an objective measurement you are an extremist. Just because you aren't blowing shit up doesn't mean you aren't an extremist.
Kramanica wrote:No, I was thinking more along the lines of how we suppressed commies during the Cold War. Let our intelligence services and law enforcement agencies deal with you lot.

The Red Scare? The time when people were accused of supporting communism with dubious or false evidence? The time that was likened to the Salem witch trials? Is that what you're talking about? Is that what you want to bring back?

For Islamists, yes.
Running out of nation names faster than I can think of them
American National Syndicalist
"B-but gun control works in Australia..."

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:29 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:No, I don't bomb stuff and advocate death. I'm not ISIS-level Islamist.

The Red Scare? The time when people were accused of supporting communism with dubious or false evidence? The time that was likened to the Salem witch trials? Is that what you're talking about? Is that what you want to bring back?

No you just defend ISIS-level Islamists.

Proof?
Kramanica wrote:You literally want to create a theocracy and implement nation-wide Sharia. By an objective measurement you are an extremist.

>When adhering to your religion is extremism
Ok.
Kramanica wrote:For Islamists, yes.

So you want to accuse people of supporting Islamism with sketchy or false evidence? Because that's what the Red Scare was.
Also, why not for any other political ideology?
Last edited by Kubumba Tribe on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:30 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Genivaria wrote:No you just defend ISIS-level Islamists.

Proof?
Kramanica wrote:You literally want to create a theocracy and implement nation-wide Sharia. By an objective measurement you are an extremist.

Ok.

So you want to accuse people of supporting Islamism with sketchy or false evidence? Because that's what the Red Scare was.

Why you be dishonest and strawman?

Kramanica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Genivaria wrote:No you just defend ISIS-level Islamists.

Proof?

Ok.

The way you adhere to it is, yes.

And if this is what Islam demands then perhaps we should just outlaw it completely.

Also, why not for any other political ideology?

I find it to be infinitely preferable to a society where you can freely spread your cancerous views. Though that is not specifically what I want.
Last edited by Kramanica on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Frievolk wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Seconded.

As a person who's lived with Muslims and under an Islamic theocracy for the entirety of his life, that's not going far enough.

The stars and stripes shall wave over all corners of the globe.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Kramanica wrote:I find it to be infinitely preferable to a society where you can freely spread your cancerous views.

1: I don't have cancerous views
2: You prefer unjust trials over political freedom?
Kramanica wrote:Though that is not specifically what I want.

:?:
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:55 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Proof?

Ok.

Why you be dishonest and strawman?

I'm doing neither of those. That's what the Red Scare was and that's what Kramanica wants to bring back.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Why you be dishonest and strawman?

I'm doing neither of those. That's what the Red Scare was and that's what Kramanica wants to bring back.

I believe Kram is trying to say that he wants a permanent social distrust of Islam, the sort of which followed communism after the Red Scare.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Kramanica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:02 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Kramanica wrote:I find it to be infinitely preferable to a society where you can freely spread your cancerous views.

1: I don't have cancerous views

Yes, you do. You want a theocracy and you want to inflict the barbarity of Sharia upon this country. That's pretty cancerous.
2: You prefer unjust trials over political freedom?

In your case? Maybe.
Kramanica wrote:Though that is not specifically what I want.

:?:

I don't to create another Red Scare. I want to suppress Islamists. That does not mean creating another Red Scare.
Last edited by Kramanica on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kramanica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:03 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Why you be dishonest and strawman?

Nope.

Kramanica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:03 am

Northern Davincia wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:I'm doing neither of those. That's what the Red Scare was and that's what Kramanica wants to bring back.

I believe Kram is trying to say that he wants a permanent social distrust of Islam, the sort of which followed communism after the Red Scare.

Yep.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04 am

Kramanica wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:I believe Kram is trying to say that he wants a permanent social distrust of Islam, the sort of which followed communism after the Red Scare.

Yep.

I think 9/11 accomplished that goal.

Kramanica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:07 am

Northern Davincia wrote:
Kramanica wrote:Yep.

I think 9/11 accomplished that goal.

Clearly not well enough.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 am

Kramanica wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:1: I don't have cancerous views

Yes, you do. You want a theocracy and you want to inflict the barbarity of Sharia upon this country. That's pretty cancerous.

Who's calling it barbarity? And I don't have cancerous views.
Kramanica wrote:In your case? Maybe.

This also means falsely accusing people of supporting Islamism and not having a fair trial. You're ok with that?

Kramanica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:24 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Kramanica wrote:Yes, you do. You want a theocracy and you want to inflict the barbarity of Sharia upon this country. That's pretty cancerous.

Yes, you do.

This also means falsely accusing people of supporting Islamism and not having a fair trial. You're ok with that?

No, it doesn't.

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:28 am

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Kramanica wrote:Yes, you do. You want a theocracy and you want to inflict the barbarity of Sharia upon this country. That's pretty cancerous.

You're assuming there's an actual need to "falsely" accuse people of supporting islamism
Islamists tend to be fairly obvious to anyone who's looking for one tbh.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:38 am

Kramanica wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Who's calling it barbarity? And I don't have cancerous views.

Yes, you do.

No, it doesn't.

You yourself said that you prefer unjust trials over political freedom in the case of Islamists:
Kramanica wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:2: You prefer unjust trials over political freedom?

In your case? Maybe.

So you're either ok with Islamists getting unfair trials or you support it. Or you misspoke.
Frievolk wrote:Islamists tend to be fairly obvious to anyone who's looking for one tbh.

That's true for anyone who's vocal about their beliefs.
Last edited by Kubumba Tribe on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Russiyskaya Respublica
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Russiyskaya Respublica » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:05 am

New haven america wrote:
Russiyskaya Respublica wrote:Nations like Saudi Arabia and Iran shouldn't exist, and that should be dealt with the full might of the US government.
These two nations are to blame for most of the problems the Middle East suffers, guess what religion they follow.

*Points to the 3000+ year history of civilization in the Middle East*

No, they're not the main cause of most of the problems, they're just the most recent offenders (The previous ones being the UK and France).

Recent offenders? They most definitely are not, since the day SA struck it's massive oil reserves it's been doing nothing but spreadings its ways, which guess what, it ended up funding many terrorists groups and Islamic governments.
So much for "Recent offenders", the two are the problems of the middle east, alongside their creations, and just like a tumor they have to be cut out.
What if Democratic Russia and Syndicalist France, Britain and the US(CSA?) won the second world war AFTER Germany won the first?
Well, don't ask me, I'm trying to imagine how it would work out.
Russiyskaya Respublica is most def too long and too much of a mouthful, so, just call me Russia or Russian Republic, officially though it's "Russian Federal Republic".

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:41 am

Russiyskaya Respublica wrote:
New haven america wrote:*Points to the 3000+ year history of civilization in the Middle East*

No, they're not the main cause of most of the problems, they're just the most recent offenders (The previous ones being the UK and France).

Recent offenders? They most definitely are not, since the day SA struck it's massive oil reserves it's been doing nothing but spreadings its ways, which guess what, it ended up funding many terrorists groups and Islamic governments.

Saudi isn't funding any Islamic governments. Reason 1: there are none (except maybe in Aceh), reason 2: Muslims don't help each other like we used to.
Russiyskaya Respublica wrote:So much for "Recent offenders", the two are the problems of the middle east, alongside their creations, and just like a tumor they have to be cut out.

What do you mean by that?

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:51 am

Russiyskaya Respublica wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:If they're extremists, sure. Also, what does "full might" mean? Are you supporting that the US do military action on its own citizens? And if so, only inside the US, right (even though that shouldn't be happening anyway)?

Nations like Saudi Arabia and Iran shouldn't exist, and that should be dealt with the full might of the US government.
These two nations are to blame for most of the problems the Middle East suffers, guess what religion they follow.

The US is more responsible for the problems in the Middle East. The Mid East was actually pretty stable until the fall of the Iraqi government in 2003, after which the country became an Islamist training camp writ-large.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:05 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
Russiyskaya Respublica wrote:Nations like Saudi Arabia and Iran shouldn't exist, and that should be dealt with the full might of the US government.

The US is more responsible for the problems in the Middle East. The Mid East was actually pretty stable until the fall of the Iraqi government in 2003, after which the country became an Islamist training camp writ-large.

Lmao no it was not. The Middle East was never "stable". Before the rabid dog that is Saddam was put down, he and his poisonous ideology (along with Iran's fellow poisonous ideology) were responsible for the shit happening in the Middle East. Before them (in the 1960s-70s) it was the US and USSR measuring their figurative dicks in the "Arab World" and "Israel" that was putting the Middle East in jeopardy. Fuck, the Middle East started being in jeopardy as soon as the Arabs were given the right to govern themselves again.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:27 am

Frievolk wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:The US is more responsible for the problems in the Middle East. The Mid East was actually pretty stable until the fall of the Iraqi government in 2003, after which the country became an Islamist training camp writ-large.

Lmao no it was not. The Middle East was never "stable". Before the rabid dog that is Saddam was put down, he and his poisonous ideology (along with Iran's fellow poisonous ideology) were responsible for the shit happening in the Middle East. Before them (in the 1960s-70s) it was the US and USSR measuring their figurative dicks in the "Arab World" and "Israel" that was putting the Middle East in jeopardy. Fuck, the Middle East started being in jeopardy as soon as the Arabs were given the right to govern themselves again.

Prior to the ouster of Saddam, suicide bombings and the like were almost unheard of in countries like Syria and Egypt. Whether you want to admit it or not, the ouster of Saddam was a disaster that hugely destabilized the Middle East and killed 600,000 people directly.
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 am

Frievolk wrote:Lmao no it was not. The Middle East was never "stable". Before the rabid dog that is Saddam was put down, he and his poisonous ideology (along with Iran's fellow poisonous ideology) were responsible for the shit happening in the Middle East. Before them (in the 1960s-70s) it was the US and USSR measuring their figurative dicks in the "Arab World" and "Israel" that was putting the Middle East in jeopardy. Fuck, the Middle East started being in jeopardy as soon as the Arabs were given the right to govern themselves again.

Prior to the ouster of Saddam, suicide bombings and the like were almost unheard of in countries like Syria and Egypt. Whether you want to admit it or not, the ouster of Saddam was a disaster that hugely destabilized the Middle East and killed 600,000 people directly.

They weren't unheard of. They were only not relevant in the West, because the West did not care about such trivial things on trivial places most people couldn't even point out on a map. There's been reports of car bombings from as far back as the 90s. You'll find that car bombings didn't even start being a trend (in the form that they'd start popping up everywhere) until after 2015 (where we saw the most concentrated number of reported car bombings in recent history) which is closer to Assad than it is to fucking Saddam who was put down in the 2000s.
By the way, The reason the media did not give attention to them was because there already was a big bad wolf they needed everyone to think about. Saddam literally commited genocide on multiple groups, and tried to do that to some other groups. Before he became relevant, the Egyptians and the Syrians had coups almost every week (but I exaggerate), almost to a level that puts Hergé and his San Theodoros to shame. There were literal wars of extermination going on. Suggesting that Saddam (who had been pretty much irrelevant to the events happening in the Middle East after his humiliation in the Iran-Iraq war and later his annihilation in the Gulf War) was some sort of Gendarme for the middle east is atrocious, really.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:03 am

Frievolk wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Prior to the ouster of Saddam, suicide bombings and the like were almost unheard of in countries like Syria and Egypt. Whether you want to admit it or not, the ouster of Saddam was a disaster that hugely destabilized the Middle East and killed 600,000 people directly.

They weren't unheard of. They were only not relevant in the West, because the West did not care about such trivial things on trivial places most people couldn't even point out on a map. There's been reports of car bombings from as far back as the 90s. You'll find that car bombings didn't even start being a trend (in the form that they'd start popping up everywhere) until after 2015 (where we saw the most concentrated number of reported car bombings in recent history) which is closer to Assad than it is to fucking Saddam who was put down in the 2000s.
By the way, The reason the media did not give attention to them was because there already was a big bad wolf they needed everyone to think about. Saddam literally commited genocide on multiple groups, and tried to do that to some other groups. Before he became relevant, the Egyptians and the Syrians had coups almost every week (but I exaggerate), almost to a level that puts Hergé and his San Theodoros to shame. There were literal wars of extermination going on. Suggesting that Saddam (who had been pretty much irrelevant to the events happening in the Middle East after his humiliation in the Iran-Iraq war and later his annihilation in the Gulf War) was some sort of Gendarme for the middle east is atrocious, really.

Saddam wasn't really humiliated in the Iran-Iraq War. While he wasn't successful, the Iraqi Army performed well, often destroying whole Iranian divisions with few losses.

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:07 am

Frievolk wrote:They weren't unheard of. They were only not relevant in the West, because the West did not care about such trivial things on trivial places most people couldn't even point out on a map. There's been reports of car bombings from as far back as the 90s. You'll find that car bombings didn't even start being a trend (in the form that they'd start popping up everywhere) until after 2015 (where we saw the most concentrated number of reported car bombings in recent history) which is closer to Assad than it is to fucking Saddam who was put down in the 2000s.

Saddam wasn't really humiliated in the Iran-Iraq War. While he wasn't successful, the Iraqi Army performed well, often destroying whole Iranian divisions with few losses.
That was more of Iran sucking at war than of Saddam doing anything.
He literally got stuck in an 8 years long war of attrition that he promised he'd be done with in a week. You know, literally "We'll be dining in Tehran in a week" was what he said when he tore the Aljazireh agreement on live TV lmao.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General